Squishy Humans

Comments

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 241

well shoot.  Ok I'm going to go check the two figures together and reset everything and send the update into QA first thing tomorrow.

trd  and everyone else who worked this out - thank you!  I've been busily working on my next crazy thing - this time with no dforce lol  But since this is a vrified issue now, I can actually work at fixing it.

Lyrra

I found the problem!

Seems somewhere in the shuffle the g8.1 butt armature got turned to 'not visible in simulation'  this is why her butt is deflating. So I'm checking over all the armature parts and resaving and I'll have that to the tester for an update first thing in the morning.  Much apologies for this oversight!

LM

Okay I have updated genesis 8.1 female Squishy Human and sent in the update.  So hopefully this will be rolled into the product early next week if not sooner.

Changes: I turned the booty armature to be visible in simulation, and applied smoothing modifier to the figure (though I've found you don't always need it) and made one tiny adjustment to the weightmap

Everything else appears to be fine.  So if you urgently need the g8.1 version right now, changing those two things ought to fix most of the issues and like I said, the update ought to be out fairly quickly.

LM

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 414

Minor question, but let's say you want to use squishy on Reyna by Oso3D. Reyna has a dforce fur preset.

Do I parent the fur on Reyna as normal or should I parent the fur on the squishy 'cover?'

edited May 2022

Well unfortunately I was unable to test any sort of dhair as I was working - dhair instantly crashes my DS. I dont think my system has enough oomph to handle it.

Just checking with people who do use dHair. If the hair objects are parented to the figure, they will inherit morphs from the figure but probably not smoothing or dforce effects.  Which is to say, I think where Squishy Human collisions moves the underlying figures mesh, it will clip through or pull away from your fur layers. This may or may not be visible depending on whats going on in your scene,

So what you might want to do is get your figure simulated and set, and convert that simulated shape with collissions to a morph, remove the simulation and then load Reyna's fur. That should pick up the changed shape from the morph and the fur will (in theory) follow along with whatever collissions happened.

In theory.

But since we all know DS sometimes has a mind of its own, er. Good luck?

Post edited by Lyrra Madril on

I assume the same philosophy applies to dforce clothing,too?

I'll run a few experiments tomorrow.

ok I've gotten conflicting info now .. some PA's say dHair on skin should follow simulated skin. Some say it won't.  I think that really depends what method the maker of the fur used to make it. I haven't  gotten in touch with Oso yet.  So yeah you may have to experiment a bit? I'll let you know if I find out anything more.  

I know that when someone used dynamic vellus hair on Squishy Human the other day it ended up with bald patches where it didn't seem to have followed, So thats at least one mark in the 'may need some work' column

I do know that dHair on dynamic clothing needs two passes - once to simualte the dynamic cloth and the freeze it and a second simulation to get the dynamic hair to settle. So you might need to take that approach with the fur?

edited May 2022

So experiment 1; Hard pose for Squish, fur simulated and not.

Result; Looks good. The simulated fur does that gap thing anyway.

Without fur sim:

With fur Sim:

EDIT: Added picture with no sims done as comparison.

squish with fur simulated.png
    466 x 666 - 216K
    squish no fur simulation.png
    466 x 666 - 215K
    no sim at all.png
    466 x 666 - 217K
    Post edited by Eboshijaana on
  • richgainrichgain Posts: 14

I see several references to PDFs for this product but I can't seem to find them. Any advice please?

Feral Fey " I have also included a PDF tutorial in all of the sets that help explain how to use the ATPs to their full effect."

File list attached for reference.

txt
    txt
    SquishyList.txt

Eboshijaana -  thank you for being so throrough :)  Good to know that the dforce fur does follow along with the sim

richgain - there ought to be a thumbnail in the pose folder to click to summon the pdf

Lyrra Madril said:

Eboshijaana -  thank you for being so throrough :)  Good to know that the dforce fur does follow along with the sim

richgain - there ought to be a thumbnail in the pose folder to click to summon the pdf

There is no PDF in the pose area.

Also, two notes;

While this version is cool, there could be an option to enable/include the force things for already loaded characters.

I don't know why, but for some reason the nipples in my models invert during simulation XD

• 3DRT3DRT Posts: 61

I was wondering if it was possible to get a "pinch" or "pull" effect (similar to the attached img) with this product or if it's only "squish"?

belly_pull.PNG
    360 x 711 - 431K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,207

3DRT said:

I was wondering if it was possible to get a "pinch" or "pull" effect (similar to the attached img) with this product or if it's only "squish"?

The big limitation will almost certainly be the mesh resolution.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487

dformer or meshgrabber + squish

as I explained in my first couple posts in this thread - due to DAZ Studio's own technical limitations there was no possible way to set up Squishy Humans as additive.  (click to add to figure) I really tried. I found all sorts of new ways to break G8 and DS. But no, I'm afraid there is no way to get the weightmap for the dforce settings onto g8 from a saved file.  Without the weightmap only very ugly things happen.

So unless DAZ adds that ability, I'm afraid this was the best solution.

Nipple issues - there is a specific armature to reinforce the nipple area. since the polygons are very small, they move differrently than the rest of the chest. If you have used a nipple only graft (as sold someplace else) bad things will happen during simulation. Inversions, mesh tearing, etc.  Unfortunately that is the nature of grafts.

Pinching, pulling and inflation - yes you can do that.  How well it looks and what method you use is up to you.  I tried a bunch of differrent things to see what would happen.  

For the 'muffin test' you showed up there, I'd say use a deformer to get a little area pulled out and then set up an animation to get the fingers to grab and pull a bit more.  The skin is more or less infinitly elastic, so there is a lot of leeway.

Lyrra Madril said:

as I explained in my first couple posts in this thread - due to DAZ Studio's own technical limitations there was no possible way to set up Squishy Humans as additive.  (click to add to figure) I really tried. I found all sorts of new ways to break G8 and DS. But no, I'm afraid there is no way to get the weightmap for the dforce settings onto g8 from a saved file.  Without the weightmap only very ugly things happen.

So unless DAZ adds that ability, I'm afraid this was the best solution.

Nipple issues - there is a specific armature to reinforce the nipple area. since the polygons are very small, they move differrently than the rest of the chest. If you have used a nipple only graft (as sold someplace else) bad things will happen during simulation. Inversions, mesh tearing, etc.  Unfortunately that is the nature of grafts.

Pinching, pulling and inflation - yes you can do that.  How well it looks and what method you use is up to you.  I tried a bunch of differrent things to see what would happen.  

For the 'muffin test' you showed up there, I'd say use a deformer to get a little area pulled out and then set up an animation to get the fingers to grab and pull a bit more.  The skin is more or less infinitly elastic, so there is a lot of leeway.

Understood, thank you for the answer.

so after a suggestion I checked somehting I hadn't before -

Apprrantly if you pose and simulate the figure and then add your graft it just follows the shape.   So yes if you have any of those uhhh body enhancing grafts from that other site they do actually work . If you you apply things in the wrong order lol

I see several references to PDFs for this product but I can't seem to find them. Any advice please?

Feral Fey " I have also included a PDF tutorial in all of the sets that help explain how to use the ATPs to their full effect."

Thanks for any advice you can offer  

Thanks for your answer.

I'll check again  

OK, I've had another search in the DS program and in the source folders and I can't see any sign of a PDF tutorial.

If it exists, please could someone share it or provide an update to the product? Thanks.

• I only found it in the G8M-Poses-FeralFey-Squishy Humans-Animated Folder. TD

terry_duquette said:

I only found it in the G8M-Poses-FeralFey-Squishy Humans-Animated Folder. TD

@FeralFey - I can confirm from the file listing in the store. Only the male squishy human product contains the PDF, as below:

/People/Genesis 8 Male/Poses/FeralFey/Squishy Human Poses/Animated Timelin Poses/FFMSHATP 00 How to Use Animated Timeline Poses for dForce Squishy Humans.pdf
    /People/Genesis 8 Male/Poses/FeralFey/Squishy Human Poses/Animated Timelin Poses/FFMSHATP 00 How to Use Animated Timeline Poses for dForce Squishy Humans.png

The female squishy human product (85574) does not yet contain this file.

Please can this be corrected for purchasers of the female version? Thanks.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888

Odd, as it was supposed to go into both. I'll alert the appropriate people and see how quickly we can get this fixed. @richgain - sending you a DM now.

• terry_duquetteterry_duquette Posts: 252
    edited June 2022

Feral Fey, Thx for getting this looked into.

So I read back thru this thread and the number one thing folks cared about was adding the Squishy Body to a pre-existing character. The attached PDF tutorial shows how it can be done. The key item is adding the d-Force Modifier, and weight Node, and copying the Squishy Body weight map along with moving the relevant Squishy body extra parts inside the Figure. Additionally the Gravity over affected certain muscle groups that I had worked on to get flexed up, effectively "Squishing" them. So I included how to modify the weight map, if desired. The First Picture is the character before simulation, the second one shows the Squish at the Breast, the affected tank top, and unfortunately the crushed bicep. I didn't save this setup, so can't show after I modified the weight map, but it definitely works.

Thanks to the Product Developers for working on this, I think it's a brilliant way to enhance any character(s), but needs some practice to get it working effectively.  

Hope the tutorial is useful, let me know if there are any follow on questions, I tried not to overcomplicate it. TD

40% AME No Simulation.jpg
    618 x 800 - 141K
    40% AME Squishy Baseline.jpg
    618 x 800 - 141K
    pdf
    pdf
    Squishy Body Load.pdf
    3M
    Post edited by terry_duquette on
  • terry_duquette said:

Feral Fey, Thx for getting this looked into.

So I read back thru this thread and the number one thing folks cared about was adding the Squishy Body to a pre-existing character. The attached PDF tutorial shows how it can be done. The key item is adding the d-Force Modifier, and weight Node, and copying the Squishy Body weight map along with moving the relevant Squishy body extra parts inside the Figure. Additionally the Gravity over affected certain muscle groups that I had worked on to get flexed up, effectively "Squishing" them. So I included how to modify the weight map, if desired. The First Picture is the character before simulation, the second one shows the Squish at the Breast, the affected tank top, and unfortunately the crushed bicep. I didn't save this setup, so can't show after I modified the weight map, but it definitely works.

Thanks to the Product Developers for working on this, I think it's a brilliant way to enhance any character(s), but needs some practice to get it working effectively.  

Hope the tutorial is useful, let me know if there are any follow on questions, I tried not to overcomplicate it. TD

FWIW these instructions worked for me.

• Squishy Humans is great, I have a few questions about it:

Which parameter can I adjust to decrease the time it takes for springs to come to rest? 

Is there a weight map provided, or can one use weight map painting to reduce the simulation in some areas? I'd like navels to retain their shape a little better.

Will there ever be a Squishy Sakura, or is there any way to get the Sakura 8 bits to work with the Squishy figure?

• digitaladiposity said:

Squishy Humans is great, I have a few questions about it:

Which parameter can I adjust to decrease the time it takes for springs to come to rest? 

Is there a weight map provided, or can one use weight map painting to reduce the simulation in some areas? I'd like navels to retain their shape a little better.

Will there ever be a Squishy Sakura, or is there any way to get the Sakura 8 bits to work with the Squishy figure?

Can't answer the other questions, but you can see how to access the weight map in my PDF tutorial 2 posts back, specifically pages 19 and 20. TD 

• Hi, got a problem here: Squishy G8F and Look At Me (both version I and II ) : won't turn the head or move the eyes anymore. Can someone confirm? 

• I have not had that issue with either version of Squishy Human, before or after simulation with Look at Me 2.  I know you can lock joints to prevent further movement, perhaps you have something set that turns on the locks?

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 261
    edited February 2023

No, nothing like that. All locks cleared and I can pose the head and eyes any other method, too.

EDIT: uninstalled Squishy Human, re-installed, restarted Daz, works now. Will see if it reoccurs but for now seems fixed. Not questioning the miracle is my way with Daz.

Post edited by pixelquack on