Daz Studio 4.20[.0.x] Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

1457910

Comments

  • edited April 16

    Pertti, which files, where and how did you get rid of them, please? :)

    Post edited by second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 5,365
    edited April 16

    I don't remember anymore, it was a month ago wink

    I started searching for the morphs related to eyelashes "PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf", "PHMEyelashesLengthLower.dsf" and "PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf" and while removing them from the wrong locations, I noticed other morphs and morph folders in locations they were not supposed to be, like in ...\Data\Creators name\CharacterName\Jeans\Morphs\Daz 3D\

    Some creators had included probably all the morphs they had installed in their system, some had even included the base G8 meshes.

    Zipped up the unnecessary duplicates in case something wouldn't work afterwards and deleted them

    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Hi!

    Is it possible that the "GHOST LIGHT KIT" no longer works since DAZ 4.20?

    Thank you for your answers.

    Happy Easter.

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 83,616

    Tiefseereiter said:

    Hi!

    Is it possible that the "GHOST LIGHT KIT" no longer works since DAZ 4.20?

    Thank you for your answers.

    Happy Easter.

    There has been a major chnage in the way opacity is combined with luminosity. There is a new Ghost Light Kit 1 that has (or had) a substantial discount for owners of the original, kits 2 and 3 are due to get the same.

  • robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 601

    @Tiefseereiter Here is a link to the new Iray Ghost Light Kit One (IGLK):
    https://www.daz3d.com/iray-ghost-light-kit-one

    If you own the original IGLK, then add the new one to your CART and see if it shows up with a discounted price.  If not, you could always open a support ticket with the Daz Sales team to see if you can still qualify for the discount.

  • pighelmetpighelmet Posts: 16
    edited April 18

    EDIT: Solved. I had misplaced some files during installation (DIM pointed at the incorrect directory.) All fixed now!

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I am not certain that this is the best place for this question, so please redirect me if it's not. Thank you.

    I reinstalled Daz Studio after a hardware change and installed Decimator for Daz Studio (Product Sku: 10673) via DIM (v4.20.0.2). Daz Studio is located on my D: drive (Windows 10). The Decimator plugin is checked in the plugins panel, and the plug indicator is red. It also shows up as "dzdecimator" rather than "Daz Decimator," as I believe it used to be. Decimator does not show up in the Panes menu. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, stopping and restarting DS every time and rebooting my computer, with the same result. I have also tried installing using the executable file that appears on the product library page as a manual ZIP file, but when run it simply says that it cannot find Daz Studio, presumably because DS is not installed in the default location.

    Any advice about how to get the Decimator plug-in running again? Thank you for any help

    Post edited by pighelmet on
  • robertswww said:

    @Tiefseereiter Here is a link to the new Iray Ghost Light Kit One (IGLK):
    https://www.daz3d.com/iray-ghost-light-kit-one

    If you own the original IGLK, then add the new one to your CART and see if it shows up with a discounted price.  If not, you could always open a support ticket with the Daz Sales team to see if you can still qualify for the discount.

    Thanks a lot for your answer. The new kit had passed me by. A discount is not shown, but that's ok. I'll get it anyway - and the upcoming expansions! yes

    I find it makes the light more natural indoors! smiley heart

     

  • marblemarble Posts: 6,824

    Tiefseereiter said:

    robertswww said:

    @Tiefseereiter Here is a link to the new Iray Ghost Light Kit One (IGLK):
    https://www.daz3d.com/iray-ghost-light-kit-one

    If you own the original IGLK, then add the new one to your CART and see if it shows up with a discounted price.  If not, you could always open a support ticket with the Daz Sales team to see if you can still qualify for the discount.

    Thanks a lot for your answer. The new kit had passed me by. A discount is not shown, but that's ok. I'll get it anyway - and the upcoming expansions! yes

    I find it makes the light more natural indoors! smiley heart

     

     

    Perhaps I am alone in my rendering experience with Ghost Lights (old or updated versions) but I now avoid using them when possible because of the slow-down in rendering performance. Just a thumb-suck approximation but I would expect an example scene to render in, say, 2 minutes without Ghost Lights but I find it would take at least 5 minutes with Ghost Lights. I'm not sure whether that goes for all emissive lights but I don't think so. I have plenty of scenes with lamps and ceiling lights which don't significantly slow my renders.

    Obviously there are times when a Ghost Light is the best solution for a lighting problem but, in general, I avoid them. I try to use HDR environments (with off-camera ceilings and walls removed) and Photometric lights (usually spotlights).

  • thecameramanthecameraman Posts: 18
    edited April 21

    lutherdan_f779727b4f said:

    Open 4.20 and you see the screen in the factory layout. Adjust the layout, move the view port screen, adjust everything to your liking. After use, close the App. Next load it will be on the default screen with all your changes gone. Is there any location to stop that behavior? After looking in Prefrences I am not able to find one. 

    I have the same problem but haven't found a solution as yet.  Does anyone know how to fix this? 

    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 6,306

    thecameraman said:

    lutherdan_f779727b4f said:

    Open 4.20 and you see the screen in the factory layout. Adjust the layout, move the view port screen, adjust everything to your liking. After use, close the App. Next load it will be on the default screen with all your changes gone. Is there any location to stop that behavior? After looking in Prefrences I am not able to find one. 

    A script has been added to assist with the UI customizations in new installations issue. See the first entry in Known Issues - General.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/551251/daz-studio-4-20-0-x-pro-general-release/p1

     

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 83,616

    DoctorJellybean said:

    thecameraman said:

    lutherdan_f779727b4f said:

    Open 4.20 and you see the screen in the factory layout. Adjust the layout, move the view port screen, adjust everything to your liking. After use, close the App. Next load it will be on the default screen with all your changes gone. Is there any location to stop that behavior? After looking in Prefrences I am not able to find one. 

    A script has been added to assist with the UI customizations in new installations issue. See the first entry in Known Issues - General.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/551251/daz-studio-4-20-0-x-pro-general-release/p1

    This is for remembering changes between runs, it doesn't (directly) address saving a named layout for alter reloading.

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 83,616

    The General Release 9non-beta) has now been updated to 4.20.0.17, which has the fix for the layout saving issue.

  • Anarkia333Anarkia333 Posts: 93
    edited April 30

    marsilio.ricino said:

    Hi all,

     

    I have massive issues with DAZ since the update. Rendering is extremely slow, I had to go down to FullHD and still there's almost no process. What could have happened here?

    I'm a fairly new user, so far it's been great but now since 4.20 rendering has become almost impossible, even with much lower settings than I had before - it used to be fast on QHD, now FullHD takes forever.

    Appreciate all help.

    Cheers,

    M.

    Same for me on 4.0.2.17...

    render works good, but when Denoiser is activate at 8frame, at this moment, render become very very slow, 10minute for ONE pass.... Soo I cut render...

    Problem sem to be with Hight resolution, as 7000*4000px, before I make about 500 Render last month in thaht resolution, now it is impossible..

    How correct that? 

    Post edited by Anarkia333 on
  • Anarkia333Anarkia333 Posts: 93

    jrlaudio said:

    Knowing more about Iray than DAZ itself, I suspect the people that are showing slower rendering is a combination of things. Older hardware, older drivers, and not running Studio drivers and any combination of all of them. The latest version of Iray leverages several new features of Ampere and leans heavily in favor of that. Specfically 2x 32FP instead of 1x 32FP in Turing and previous. Also it leverages CUDA 8 versus CUDA 7.5 in Turing. Both of these have an impact in the current version of Iray. It is also important that you should be running the Studio driver 510.xx or higher in order to utilize these new features in Ampere.

    If you are running older hardware and seeing things slowing down ... well ... that's just the nature of computing. Software leverages hardware, not the other way around. Sometimes as software advances it is not possible to make it backwards compatible to older hardware missing the latest features and still get the performance boost. Nor can users reasonably expect performance equivalent to previous levels with a change in software only, in fact the opposite can occur.

    On some other issues mentioned, as is the case with ANY software, installation should always be done clean AND only after uninstalling old software and a restart. You also should have all other software closed. If that means losing the 25+ tabs you have open in a browser (which seems to be a "thing" these days with some), so be it. This is always the best pratice. If you fail to do this when installing any software you have only yourself to blame if you have issues. You should never expect a developer to wirte an update that will load perfectly on every possible hardware configuration and every possible OS configuration as well. That's not a reasonable expectation or smart.

    I made a clean install of Studio 4.20.0.2, run an Ampere based GPU and run the latest Studio driver, and have had no issues whatsoever, even with older scene files. My render times have improved slightly. It's not luck or that I am special in any way; it's simply understanding basic computer techniques and knowing what is required for a specific software suite.

    My Computer is RTX3060 and AMD 3900x on W10... Soo new PC.

    Problem come with Denoiser, can you try to activate and see pls? 


  • The official update 4.20.0.17 is a fail 97% CPU load on blank scene !
    The beta 4.20.0.17 works better.

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 83,616

    cleric_e28bdb695f said:


    The official update 4.20.0.17 is a fail 97% CPU load on blank scene !
    The beta 4.20.0.17 works better.

    In that case it pretty much has to be a setting causing the difference.

  • Anarkia333Anarkia333 Posts: 93

    cleric_e28bdb695f said:


    The official update 4.20.0.17 is a fail 97% CPU load on blank scene !
    The beta 4.20.0.17 works better.

     

    Where dowload beta I see nothing on my DIM soft.... 

  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 1,766
    edited April 30

    buy it here.

    https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

    Then in DIM under Advanced Options on the Downloads tab check the box in Release Channel Tags for "Public build".

     

    Here is the Public beta test discussion thread.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/528761/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-20-0-17-updated/p1

    Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • Anarkia333Anarkia333 Posts: 93

    IceCrMn said:

    buy it here.

    https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

    Then in DIM under Advanced Options on the Downloads tab check the box in Release Channel Tags for "Public build".

     

    Here is the Public beta test discussion thread.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/528761/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-20-0-17-updated/p1

    Thx angel 

  • forestgroveforestgrove Posts: 25

    Okay, this is a weird one.  Updated to 4.20.0.17, and nearly everything seems unaffected... except the iris size on all of my Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1 Female models from previously saved scenes.  They're all huge.  To reproduce the appearance of previous renders, I have to consistently dial the iris size morph on G8F and G8.1F characters to -33.3%.  I've opened nine scene files since updating - this issue is 9 for 9.  I have not yet had the opportunity to open scenes using other wireframe types.  Not loving the unexpected anime look, LOL.  Any thoughts?

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 83,616

    This is only saved scenes, not loading fresh characters for those figures?

  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,404

    Did something change with Spectral Rendering? Updated the other day, turned on Spectral Rendering... totally blown out scene.  I use Spectral Rendering all the time, I have never seen this before.

  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,202

    So...why can't ghost lights have 2 opacity values?

    The regular old opacity for a surface that we always had, plus an opacity value FOR THE LIGHT. You know, like regular lights have. Why can't an emmisive surface have a light opacity, too? I don't see the logic in it being any other way.

  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 5,365

    outrider42 said:

    So...why can't ghost lights have 2 opacity values?

    The regular old opacity for a surface that we always had, plus an opacity value FOR THE LIGHT. You know, like regular lights have. Why can't an emmisive surface have a light opacity, too? I don't see the logic in it being any other way.

    One reason that makes DS 4.20 render longer, may be the need to pump up the lumen values to ridicilous values.
    I'm still on 4.15.02, but I have noticed that whenever I use the default lights (very bright) with indoor sets the rendering takes longer than if I use dimmer lights. The difference is about 10 minutes on a 30 minute render.

    Indoors I use cm^2 factor of 8-10 and lumen values around 800-1500

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 83,616

    outrider42 said:

    So...why can't ghost lights have 2 opacity values?

    The regular old opacity for a surface that we always had, plus an opacity value FOR THE LIGHT. You know, like regular lights have. Why can't an emmisive surface have a light opacity, too? I don't see the logic in it being any other way.

    Reglar lights have an opacity? They have the option to be hidden from primary rays, but that can now be added to emissive objects. As for an option to restore the old behaviour, I would prefer a toggle for Multiply Luminosity by Opacity.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 19,291
    edited May 2

    I'm seeing a drastic change between DS 4.16.0.3 and 4.20.0.17 in the way surfaces are rendered when they have both translucency and refraction index set, even when refraction weight is 0. The value of refraction index makes a much larger change in appearance in 4.20 than in 4.16. I don't see any reference in the change log or the Daz Studio Pro 4.20[.0.x] - NVIDIA Iray forum thread that I can recognize as the cause of this change. Is this change explainable, or is this a bug? Should I submit a help request?

    This is a cube with two surfaces. The two surfaces have identical surface properties, except they have different index of refraction values. You can see that DS 4.16.0.3 renders the surfaces with a slightly different appearance, but 4.20 renders the two surfaces drastically differently,

    4.16.0.3

    4.20.0.17

    DS 4.16.0.3 Adjacent surfaces with different refraction indices refraction weight 0_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 868K
    DS 4.20.0.17 Adjacent surfaces with different refraction indices refraction weight 0_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 780K
    duf
    duf
    Adjacent surfaces with different refraction indices refraction weight 0.duf
    23K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Joaquim Lopes said:

    Today, when I launched DazStudio, I got a message saying there was an update. Knowing Daz, I decided to see what kind of problems other people were having and I'm glad I did because it looks like Hell is really breaking loose… again.

    I wish I had that foresight because the new update broke everything about my installation, from rendering to the UI. I've spent over an hour already perusing these boards, updating drivers, blah blah blah. Still broken. So, tomorrow, instead of spending my day designing, I get to spend my shift fixing something that worked just fine this morning.

    Kudos to you, my friend!

  • forestgroveforestgrove Posts: 25

    Richard Haseltine said:

    This is only saved scenes, not loading fresh characters for those figures?

    This is also happening with freshly loaded characters. The only character I've added to the runtime in recent weeks is the STEL4 Cyborg.  I uninstalled that, in case it was a morph issue stemming from that, but no joy.  Everything was normal until I went from Studio 4.20.0.2 to 4.20.0.20.  The iris appears significantly larger than the normal assigned area.  Varies slightly from eye map to eye map, but I'm having to modify Iris Size anywhere from -33% to -50% to get normal appearance. Getting this on both 8.0 and 8.1, attempting both 8.0 and 8.1 materials.  Not sure if it's a wireframe issue or a UV issue.  I'm attaching render and wireframe views at Iris Morph = 0.00 and Iris Morph = -50.0%.  The -50.0% view is similar in iris size to what I expected previously.

    daz-studio-G81F-iris-zero.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    daz-studio-G81F-iris-minus50.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 83,616

    forestgrove said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    This is only saved scenes, not loading fresh characters for those figures?

    This is also happening with freshly loaded characters. The only character I've added to the runtime in recent weeks is the STEL4 Cyborg.  I uninstalled that, in case it was a morph issue stemming from that, but no joy.  Everything was normal until I went from Studio 4.20.0.2 to 4.20.0.20.  The iris appears significantly larger than the normal assigned area.  Varies slightly from eye map to eye map, but I'm having to modify Iris Size anywhere from -33% to -50% to get normal appearance. Getting this on both 8.0 and 8.1, attempting both 8.0 and 8.1 materials.  Not sure if it's a wireframe issue or a UV issue.  I'm attaching render and wireframe views at Iris Morph = 0.00 and Iris Morph = -50.0%.  The -50.0% view is similar in iris size to what I expected previously.

    I assume you mean 4.20.0.17, not 4.20.0.20 (which doesn't exist, yet).

    Open the Property Settings dialogue (from the gear icon on the sldier) and check the Controllers - it's almost certainly something there that is causing this, so check each property listed to make sure it is not loading with the wrong value or incorrectly linked to some other proeprty that should suppress it most of the time.

  • forestgroveforestgrove Posts: 25

    Richard Haseltine said:

    forestgrove said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    This is only saved scenes, not loading fresh characters for those figures?

    This is also happening with freshly loaded characters. The only character I've added to the runtime in recent weeks is the STEL4 Cyborg.  I uninstalled that, in case it was a morph issue stemming from that, but no joy.  Everything was normal until I went from Studio 4.20.0.2 to 4.20.0.20.  The iris appears significantly larger than the normal assigned area.  Varies slightly from eye map to eye map, but I'm having to modify Iris Size anywhere from -33% to -50% to get normal appearance. Getting this on both 8.0 and 8.1, attempting both 8.0 and 8.1 materials.  Not sure if it's a wireframe issue or a UV issue.  I'm attaching render and wireframe views at Iris Morph = 0.00 and Iris Morph = -50.0%.  The -50.0% view is similar in iris size to what I expected previously.

    I assume you mean 4.20.0.17, not 4.20.0.20 (which doesn't exist, yet).

    Open the Property Settings dialogue (from the gear icon on the sldier) and check the Controllers - it's almost certainly something there that is causing this, so check each property listed to make sure it is not loading with the wrong value or incorrectly linked to some other proeprty that should suppress it most of the time.

    Okay, so I went to Parameter Settings for the Eyes Iris Size morph and checked the Controllers associated with that morph.  First, there's nothing with an ERC that wasn't already there a week or two ago when this wasn't an issue.  I'm not seeing any unusual values or linkages, nothing I wouldn't have expected to see.  Second, this assumes the problem is specifically with the Eyes Iris Size morph.  Adjusting that morph is the corrective action I took to get something resembling a normal iris size - that doesn't necessarily mean the problem is due to the Iris Size morph itself.  And again, I've added no new products except STEL4 within the timeframe where this cropped up - this has never been an issue until sometime between running a render on April 15 and the next time that I used DAZ Studio on May 1.  Just prior to that May 1 use, I added STEL4 to my runtime and updated Studio.  STEL4 does not appear to be associated with Eyes Iris Size.  Is there a possibility that for some reason, a full head morph - something that affects the entire head geometry, including iris size - is kicking in?  If so, would that necessarily show a specific control association to Eyes Iris Size, or does that turn into a needle-in-haystack proposition to identify?

Sign In or Register to comment.