Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• namffuak said:

NorthOf45 said:

A strange file appeared in DIM this last time I logged in. There is a file claiming to be an update to Moon Mining Machine with an SKU of 68245, which is really Millitary Weapons Vol 2 from Polish. Did not download, but the real Millitary Weapons Vol 2 is displaying as Moon Mining Machine, obviously data from the server. Snooping around a bit, the file size matches that of the templates for Moon Mining Machine (real SKU 83860). The beams are crossed somewhere...

I was just going to ask if anyone else was seeing this.

I sent in a query on this and it seems to be OK server-side.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

This is what I see in the tooltip. Thumbnail file for Product 68245 (because that matches the supplied SKU), Order Date from when I purchased Moon Mining Machine (last week, confirmed on Order page), Install Date from when I installed Military Weapons 02 (confirmed from manifest).

MW2 vs MMM in DIM.jpg
    639 x 397 - 72K
  • Is Daz Studio allowed to go online, or is this purely using Install Manager/Daz Central?

Install Manager only. Ever.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

Richard - in my case it was strictly DIM. I've had it show up twice - just checked and its gone again.

Refreshed DIM, still there.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 741
    edited April 2022

NorthOf45 said:

You can see what changed by comparing three .dsx files, so long as you haven't installed the miscreant.  The .dsx files are human readable (XML format) and can be loaded into notepad or any text editor (I've actually got Windows set up to open .dsx in notepad).

1. The .dsx file in the "ManifestFiles" directory as configured in DIM is, effectively, the union of two other files plus the local installation information.
    2. The .dsx file in the "Downloads" directory is the product info downloaded, I believe, from the DAZ store.  It should match the top of the first .dsx; in particular the ProductName and ProductStoreIDX should not have changed in this case.  IRC ProductFileGUID is the checksum of the .zip and it does change.  MetadataGlobalID seems to only exist in (1), so I assume it is generated on-the-fly by DIM but maybe DIM gets it from the store.
    3. The .zip file in the "Downloads" directory, if you download it (this is harmless so long as you backup the current .zip) contains the third file called "Manifest.dsx".  You can browse into the .zip using Windows File Explorer then open "Manifest.dsx" without extracting it.  This file contains a GlobalID value which, so far as I can tell, never changes; e.g. the one for GoZ hasn't changed since 4.14 and even though the name of the .zip changes the one for the public build is always <GlobalID VALUE="93e8b65f-6900-40de-b7cb-baab4c0142c3"/>  It also contains the list of files to be installed, but obviously that may change from version to version.

So I'd check the GlobalID from the downloaded .zip against the installed .dsx in ManifestFiles then check ProductStoreIDX and ProductName and finally look at the Content files in (1) and (3); it's the content files that are actually installed.

Post edited by jbowler on

jbowler said:

NorthOf45 said:

You can see what changed by comparing three .dsx files, so long as you haven't installed the miscreant.  The .dsx files are human readable (XML format) and can be loaded into notepad or any text editor (I've actually got Windows set up to open .dsx in notepad).

1. The .dsx file in the "ManifestFiles" directory as configured in DIM is, effectively, the union of two other files plus the local installation information.
    2. The .dsx file in the "Downloads" directory is the product info downloaded, I believe, from the DAZ store.  It should match the top of the first .dsx; in particular the ProductName and ProductStoreIDX should not have changed in this case.  IRC ProductFileGUID is the checksum of the .zip and it does change.  MetadataGlobalID seems to only exist in (1), so I assume it is generated on-the-fly by DIM but maybe DIM gets it from the store.
    3. The .zip file in the "Downloads" directory, if you download it (this is harmless so long as you backup the current .zip) contains the third file called "Manifest.dsx".  You can browse into the .zip using Windows File Explorer then open "Manifest.dsx" without extracting it.  This file contains a GlobalID value which, so far as I can tell, never changes; e.g. the one for GoZ hasn't changed since 4.14 and even though the name of the .zip changes the one for the public build is always <GlobalID VALUE="93e8b65f-6900-40de-b7cb-baab4c0142c3"/>  It also contains the list of files to be installed, but obviously that may change from version to version.

So I'd check the GlobalID from the downloaded .zip against the installed .dsx in ManifestFiles then check ProductStoreIDX and ProductName and finally look at the Content files in (1) and (3); it's the content files that are actually installed.

Thanks, I am very familiar with the manifests and product numbers and store IDs. I don't really need to analyze the files, none of that will make it go away.

Tried downloading, "Download Failed!" Get the following error message in DIM log:

2022-04-26 21:45:37.293 WARNING: Download Error: Templates_83860_MoonMiningMachine.zip : Error setting up download file
    2022-04-26 21:45:37.293 WARNING: Network Error:  : Operation canceled

As I thought, it is reporting the template files. So, something is messed up at the server end.

OT: Try Notepad++ with the XML tools plugin for the .dsx files. Color-coding, folding and collapsing, auto close tags, syntax-checking, etc.

NorthOf45 said:

2022-04-26 21:45:37.293 WARNING: Download Error: Templates_83860_MoonMiningMachine.zip : Error setting up download file

Someone else (@richard?) is going to have to comment on that; every single file in my downloads directory starts IM... and a search shows I have no downloaded files (from DAZ) with the word "Template" in them.  I didn't even know DAZ offered template files through DIM!  I just checked my product library and the products I checked don't have a DIM download for the templates, I apparently have to download them one-by-one by hand.

jbowler said:

NorthOf45 said:

Someone else (@richard?) is going to have to comment on that; every single file in my downloads directory starts IM... and a search shows I have no downloaded files (from DAZ) with the word "Template" in them.  I didn't even know DAZ offered template files through DIM!  I just checked my product library and the products I checked don't have a DIM download for the templates, I apparently have to download them one-by-one by hand.

I agree 100%, that's why I say it shouldn't be there. 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

NorthOf45 said:

jbowler said:

NorthOf45 said:

I agree 100%, that's why I say it shouldn't be there. 

And it's back again. I always shut DIM down when not using it, so I get to experience the logon process every time. This is indicating to me I'm getting on two different download servers and one of them is screwed up. I'll spend some time analyzing this tomorrow - bedtime now.

• Please report these issues (the Moon Mining Machine/Weapons pack confusion) via a support ticket.

Richard Haseltine said:

Please report these issues (the Moon Mining Machine/Weapons pack confusion) via a support ticket.

I suggest it is probably a good idea to include all six .dsx files in the support ticket; three for each product, one from the "ManifestFiles" directory, one from "Downloads" and then the third from inside the .zip file (Manifest.dsx).

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited August 2022

Mac OS 12.5, DIM 1.4.0.80

When it goes to login it says 

'Unable to login to the specified account.  Verify the email and/or password and try again.'

goes into work offline and it does, showing whats installed.   I tried re-entering the name/password, I re-installed DIM from the website. 

Post edited by Milo on
  • leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 825
    edited August 2022

Milo said:

'Unable to login to the specified account.  Verify the email and/or password and try again.'

goes into work offline and it does, showing whats installed.   I tried re-entering the name/password, I re-installed DIM from the website. 

I started a forum thread earlier today (Wednesday, August 17th), but this other one has gotten more attention than mine.  It appears to be a problem on the Mac side of things.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/584791/dim-not-working#latest

Lee

*UPDATE* This has been fixed by DAZ around noon (Eastern Time US)

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • MiloMilo Posts: 511

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Milo said:

I started a forum thread earlier today (Wednesday, August 17th), but this other one has gotten more attention than mine.  It appears to be a problem on the Mac side of things.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/584791/dim-not-working#latest

Lee

*UPDATE* This has been fixed by DAZ around noon (Eastern Time US)

Excellent just tried it and it works, thanks for the info!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited August 2022

anyone else having issues with DIM or is it just me?

crashed to desktop and now will not download stuff

partial downloads in folder

it did see and instajj my manual downloads at least

freezing my whole computer before is a major concern

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

I was surprised this morning when I went to download my purchases on from late yesterday on DIM and with the sort of 'Order Date: Recent First' a large number of products I have bought over the past years showed up, but not the two Bone Minion Bundles, the Paladin Bundle, or the DAZ+ products. I finally found them by searching by 'Product ID: Highest First'. Then I found the same problem on the my second Win10 computer's DIM. After the install, I looked at the items that showed up as 'Recent' but are older and they all now show an order date of 9/22/2022 at 04:56:48 AM. I have not purchased today. My last purchase was yesterday at 16:47 PM. I also had included the Victoria 9 HD Presale Bundle in that order. My previous purchase was on 9/21/2022.

So, did something happen to DIM recently? I have been downloading daily but using the A - Z option building my runtime on my MacBookPro slowly. And I did not see an update to DIM come through. My DIM Win10 version is 1.4.0.80 (64 bit).

Mary

• memcneil70 said:

I was surprised this morning when I went to download my purchases on from late yesterday on DIM and with the sort of 'Order Date: Recent First' a large number of products I have bought over the past years showed up, but not the two Bone Minion Bundles, the Paladin Bundle, or the DAZ+ products. I finally found them by searching by 'Product ID: Highest First'. Then I found the same problem on the my second Win10 computer's DIM. After the install, I looked at the items that showed up as 'Recent' but are older and they all now show an order date of 9/22/2022 at 04:56:48 AM. I have not purchased today. My last purchase was yesterday at 16:47 PM. I also had included the Victoria 9 HD Presale Bundle in that order. My previous purchase was on 9/21/2022.

So, did something happen to DIM recently? I have been downloading daily but using the A - Z option building my runtime on my MacBookPro slowly. And I did not see an update to DIM come through. My DIM Win10 version is 1.4.0.80 (64 bit).

Mary

Your version is the latest, it hasn't been updated.

edited September 2022

Is it possible that when DIM did its handshake with my files, that the store's database did another 'bogus' date update again like it did in 2019 (I think that was when Smart Content's date where totally messed up.)?

I just opened DIM on my MBP and the mess on the dates is there also.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • memcneil70 said:

Is it possible that when DIM did its handshake with my files, that the store's database did another 'bogus' date update again like it did in 2019 (I think that was when Smart Content's date where totally messed up.)?

I just opened DIM on my MBP and the mess on the dates is there also.

It is possible that the hamsters are running loose in the servers.

Poor hamsters, must be afraid of G9 pre-orders. At least I only have to wait a month or less to see what is in the bundle. And if my 1080 & 108ti cards can handle her.

• I just had something odd happen. I use DIM exclusively to install products from DAZ. I've used it just this evening to install a few items. Then I saw a file to update DIM filters. I thought, OK. I installed it. Then DIM showed nothing ready to be installed. I closed it, opened it, begged with it, and even rebooted my computer. Nothing. According to DIM, I have nothing ready to install which I find ludacris. I tried uninstalling the filter update and even after that, DIM will not show me the thousands of items I have purchased from DAZ. My DIM version is 1.4.80 64-bit and have even uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the same issue of having no files ready to download/install.

Should I submit a ticket or has someone else had this issue and had it resolved?

Thanks for your time.

• ArtsyDragon said:

I just had something odd happen. I use DIM exclusively to install products from DAZ. I've used it just this evening to install a few items. Then I saw a file to update DIM filters. I thought, OK. I installed it. Then DIM showed nothing ready to be installed. I closed it, opened it, begged with it, and even rebooted my computer. Nothing. According to DIM, I have nothing ready to install which I find ludacris. I tried uninstalling the filter update and even after that, DIM will not show me the thousands of items I have purchased from DAZ. My DIM version is 1.4.80 64-bit and have even uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the same issue of having no files ready to download/install.

Should I submit a ticket or has someone else had this issue and had it resolved?

Thanks for your time.

Check that the Package Archive path on the  Downloads tab is correct. I've installed the updated filters and DIM is fine for me.

After installing more new purchases this morning on my two Win10 computers, I thought Daz had fixed the Order Date issue, but now on my MacBookPro, I am finding the new items are not at the top, but rather older items I know I purchased long ago, and when I looked up some of them randomly on my store Product Library, they are all showing as:

Order: Manually Added

• 3dprinting License Standard License

Now, I didn't do anything about the 3D Printing Licenses, but when you added the licenses to our older products did you wipe out our actual purchase date? I really would prefer to have my real date of purchase please.

I just checked my Mac version of DIM and it appears that the Order Date search is fixed. I cross-checked the items to my Product Library and then to my copies of my Shopping Carts for those days and they match.

Thank you Daz.

• I bought items last week and am still unable to download them.
    After the ROG Fantasy Home - Large Room debacle where the lighting wouldnt work, and now this, I dont think I'll dare to buy anything until this is sorted out.
    Im not impressed.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

memcneil70 said:

I just checked my Mac version of DIM and it appears that the Order Date search is fixed. I cross-checked the items to my Product Library and then to my copies of my Shopping Carts for those days and they match.

Thank you Daz.

Yes, same for me. DIM and Product Library look OK now.

• dshield said:

I bought items last week and am still unable to download them.
    After the ROG Fantasy Home - Large Room debacle where the lighting wouldnt work, and now this, I dont think I'll dare to buy anything until this is sorted out.
    Im not impressed.

Have you reported the missing products to Sales (if they are missing from your order histrory) or technical Support (if they are missign downloads but appear as entries in your library)?

• Richard Haseltine  Ive been watching another thread to see if the problem was sorted.
    I saw you say dont open a ticket as Daz were aware, but I think I'll have to contact them now.