OT - 'cause some of us need a little break

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,986
edited March 2022 in The Commons
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

That panda's really adorable, I'll have to get it when it's 50% off.

• melaniemelanie Posts: 763

Nose plant! This has been one of my favorite pictures for a long time. I've seen the video.  I think it's from the Chengdu Panda Breeding place. That "Panda Nanny" sure took off quickly to put the poor little thing back up on the platform. Fortunately, he didn't fall very far.

• I liked the scene where the little one was climbing over the railing seeking freedom -- realized that the keeper in the other room may have noticed its actions so it quickly went back into its crib lol ...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I liked the scene where the little one was climbing over the railing seeking freedom -- realized that the keeper in the other room may have noticed its actions so it quickly went back into its crib lol ...

Yes, I thought he was going to fall on the floor.
  • This is so cute -- if you like little critters ;-)

• How did I miss that panda? It's adorable!

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

Aww Pandas!

Panda.png
    2000 x 2600 - 4M
  • BandoriFan said:

Aww Pandas!

Interesting position!

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

The Guinea Pig video is neat, but if they aren't native to that country, they need to be careful about introducing exotic species which may have devastating impacts on the natural environment and native species.

• nabob21 said:

The Guinea Pig video is neat, but if they aren't native to that country, they need to be careful about introducing exotic species which may have devastating impacts on the natural environment and native species.

They are pets on his farm. If I'm not mistaken that's in Holland where one cannot travel too far without running into water.

• A "talking" piano :-)

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,986
    edited March 2022

:-)  Made a morph of the Sci-Fi glasses so now they'll fit G8M too :-)

Green Character with Pointy Ears 'n Curly hair.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • Hope all who have the Panda Bear, also have: https://www.daz3d.com/bamboo-megapack

'cause that's all they eat ;-)

It's in the grab bag today.

edited March 2022

Posting this here so I can show it to somebody ;-)

Drago hair and beard - on sale today. I haven't made a hair morph for it yet, will try that another day ;-)

wip.png
    1000 x 1000 - 964K
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

That looks really good :D

• Thank you :-) It's a dForce hair however my system usually can't do dForce hairs. I'm hoping Hexagon will work with it, that's not a given when it comes to hair either. But we try :-)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

Pretty sure Drago predated dForce hair. It's probably a cloth hair that's miscategorized. 

• Gordig said:

Pretty sure Drago predated dForce hair. It's probably a cloth hair that's miscategorized. 

Well what does Turn OFF or Turn On Dynamics refer to then? The file refers to simulations.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633
    edited March 2022

Catherine3678ab said:

Gordig said:

Well what does Turn OFF or Turn On Dynamics refer to then? The file refers to simulations.

It could be like Linday's hairs and use the dforce cloth system, not the dforce fiber hair system. I own that hair, but I'm rendering so i can't test it out myself. Does the the hair show in the viewport? And when it's selected, is there a parameter for "line tessalation"? If yes, it's dforce fiber hair; if no, it's transmapped planes that can be simulated using the dforce cloth system.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
    edited March 2022

It didn't blow up my computer :-) It is ready to use with dForce -- going by what you're saying, cloth system?

Here's some pics.

I removed the texture images and cutout images

looks like this.png
    1920 x 1030 - 830K
    yes it is dForce ready.png
    1878 x 1016 - 469K
  • Yup, cloth system. Much easier on my system as well and IMO looks better than the fiber hair. yes

• How about that! I accidentally bought the right hair for a change :-)

• And it is released: Forum Post

• Age is just a number ;-)

edited April 2022

Here's a word to remember devil

My latest 3D doodle ... poodle project

PomPom w opaque ivory shader preset.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    edited April 2022

1. Please model clothing [even when using MD] with only ONE layer of quad mesh, not two/three/four/five/etc., and if meant for G8, to actually be fitting as in LANDING on G8 in D/S because doppies like me don't really like spending HOURS trying to make something nice fit no matter what the price was. thank you.

2. This week has seen the passing of a WW2 Vet, my uncle. He was quite the character, as was his dad who fought in every war he could enter plus.

3. This is what I have been spending hours on trying to make into clothing, thinking it might work out for Genesis. Then it could be converted over to G8. We'll see.

4. Going birding tomorrow. Need a break. I post some of those pics over at DA.

what I'm working on.png
    794 x 632 - 254K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited April 2022

Sorry for the loss of your uncle. He sounds like quite a brave and patriotic man.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Thank you, he was. He lived a full life though, 98 years :-)

One of the most interesting animations of the galaxy ...

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219

That was a cool video. Thank you for posting.