Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,896
    edited September 2021

Stezza said:

V 1.4.0.80 64bit

replicative bug

when downloading a product the software crashes and then makes the computer's SSD disappear for use from windows. A reboot is required... try again and same

only happened since this latest update of DiM

Windows11 Pro RTM 64bit

During downloading or installing? Was it content or an application?

What is the Win 11 version number?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Stezza said:

so, I tried to download DiM again

but I can't .... hmmm

If you right-click that message, there is an option to copy the link. Select that, then paste it in the URL bar. It should now download.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

DoctorJellybean said:

Windows 11 hasn't been released yet, and it may undergo more changes before being released.

5th October, only a few weeks away.

Been running XI since June with no problems up to this release of DiM
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.184 released to the Beta Channel and commercial PCs in the Release Preview Channel.

DoctorJellybean said:

Stezza said:

so, I tried to download DiM again

but I can't .... hmmm

If you right-click that message, there is an option to copy the link. Select that, then paste it in the URL bar. It should now download.

yep, I also tried that and it failed with same message. 

DoctorJellybean said:

Stezza said:

V 1.4.0.80 64bit

replicative bug

when downloading a product the software crashes and then makes the computer's SSD disappear for use from windows. A reboot is required... try again and same

only happened since this latest update of DiM

Windows11 Pro RTM 64bit

During downloading or installing? Was it content or an application?

What is the Win 11 version number?

trying to download content which is the first purchase I'd made since the DiM update. 

It doesn't bother me as I'll just download the zips and do a manual install. just thought I'd pass it on for others who may get the error after 5th October when they upgrade.

• DoctorJellybean said:

Windows 11 hasn't been released yet, and it may undergo more changes before being released.

I am not really convinced. It has never been a good idea to go with an x.0 version an anything... 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

was a faulty sata cable cool

though Edge still doesn't allow the download so used another browser. smiley

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited September 2021

Using latest DIM, finally setup my new 2nd PC. Cloned hard-drive with all the CMS, manifests & product DL's etc.  Good.
    DAZ things are all good from initial tests.
    Got all the custom categorization imported.
    So that's all good.

But there still is one BAD with Custom Categories on import. Categories are not auto-imported despite being in proper support subfolder.  Was with Reset or New. (had both - one on old PC and now this one).
    Very grateful you have categories. 
    But all the categories are locked after Categories Import.
    Locked means "Rename" feature is unavailable.

Can get rename back by duplicating categories and then moving back as needed.
    Issue is when you own alot of DAZ content (ie. supported the store), you can have piles and piles of categories,
    like I happen to have, that's a pile of work.  Is a simple unlock feature possible?

Question: Is there a way around this? or can you add to issues as this thread is semi-official (being not DIM - not quite as related)? or have to submit ticket (with probably long turn around)?

Have seem this issue pop up once before with 2 users posting on these forums, so it's not an isolated issue.
    Thanks.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,357

A ticket needs to be filed otherwise the problem can't get looked at and fixed if necessary. They don't follow the forums.

edited September 2021

Thanks for reply.  Will "copy & paste" the above to a ticket.  Good to know all forum threads are not officially followed, even sorta or what seems like quasi-official threads like this one.

Edit: Ticket is submitted.

• MardookMardook Posts: 291

Install manager is broken, files keep failing to download.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,211

Saxa -- SD said:

Using latest DIM, finally setup my new 2nd PC. Cloned hard-drive with all the CMS, manifests & product DL's etc.  Good.
    DAZ things are all good from initial tests.
    Got all the custom categorization imported.
    So that's all good.

But there still is one BAD with Custom Categories on import. Categories are not auto-imported despite being in proper support subfolder.  Was with Reset or New. (had both - one on old PC and now this one).
    Very grateful you have categories. 
    But all the categories are locked after Categories Import.
    Locked means "Rename" feature is unavailable.

Can get rename back by duplicating categories and then moving back as needed.
    Issue is when you own alot of DAZ content (ie. supported the store), you can have piles and piles of categories,
    like I happen to have, that's a pile of work.  Is a simple unlock feature possible?

Question: Is there a way around this? or can you add to issues as this thread is semi-official (being not DIM - not quite as related)? or have to submit ticket (with probably long turn around)?

Have seem this issue pop up once before with 2 users posting on these forums, so it's not an isolated issue.
    Thanks.

Been like that for at least 4 years, when I last tried it. Can't edit my own categories after re-importing metadata on new computer

• aograiaograi Posts: 637

I am still using windows 10 64bit and the DIM 14.0.8.0 was working for awhile... suddenly yesterday when I decided to download some of my products... it failed. A few succeeded and a few looked as though it was starting to download then failed. Ugh... what should I do? I have already sent in my ticket, but takes time for them to get back to me... awfully long too. Pls anyone advise? I even got rid of my firewall to test it - to no avail. I have attached the Log Report of the error.

Error Log_101021.JPG
    1657 x 1958 - 929K

It's not just you, everyone is affected. There are dozens of threads from users complaining of unavailable downloads. It's a server problem, and it will be corrected when it is corrected. Nothing wrong with DIM.

edited October 2021

NorthOf45 said:

Been like that for at least 4 years, when I last tried it. Can't edit my own categories after re-importing metadata on new computer

Thanks for link and reply.

That thread date is before I was here, and issue workaround this time was easy enough I didn't have to search.  Good to know though you posted as well back in 2017 (and last june 2018).

DAZ has so many Many moving parts, and features to add/improve etc, and probably categories is less used from what I read here, so probably it is on a lesser list to deal with.  Keep eyes peeled in changelog, for maybe.   They did fix mouse cursor disappearing in 4.15.1.72 beta, which was more important, and new skin weights in changelog looks interesting too ie.  "Added support for blended general weight (LBS/DQS) mesh skinning".  (or, i think linear and quaternion blend is new as a skin binding - haven't looked at that yet in more depth yet).

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited October 2021

Its always been my pet peeve with these product update that DIM doesn't say what is being updated. There is an update for Ruo XI Collection. but I have no idea what was updated. Are we ever going to get the updated info tab or popup? 
    https://www.daz3d.com/ruo-xi-collection-for-genesis-8-females

Adding a field or link access to the Resolved Issue posted on the product info page in Document Center would be a great start.

Ruo Xi Collection for Genesis 8 Female(s) [Documentation Center] (daz3d.com) 

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,060

Tugpsx said:

Its always been my pet peeve with these product update that DIM doesn't say what is being updated. There is an update for Ruo XI Collection. but I have no idea what was updated. Are we ever going to get the updated info tab or popup? 

Adding a field or link access to the Resolved Issue posted on the product info page in Document Center would be a great start.

Clicking on the little "I" in the circle will open the page in the documentation center. If there is no mention of an update it tends to mean it was "just" a metadata update.

If you put aside a copy of the previous version, you can always check to see what has changed after you download the update without losing the current version. Open the package in a file utility and sort by date to see which files have changed, and compare with the previous version. In DIM, you can view "Installed Files" and "Package Files", and those lists can be copied (CTRL-A CTRL-C) and compared in, say, notepad++ to see if any files have been added or removed. Could get a bit tedious, but the ReadMe's have been adding revision comments as of late (maybe 2, 3 months). I still check to make sure, anyway.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited October 2021

NorthOf45 said:

If you put aside a copy of the previous version, you can always check to see what has changed after you download the update without losing the current version. Open the package in a file utility and sort by date to see which files have changed, and compare with the previous version. In DIM, you can view "Installed Files" and "Package Files", and those lists can be copied (CTRL-A CTRL-C) and compared in, say, notepad++ to see if any files have been added or removed. Could get a bit tedious, but the ReadMe's have been adding revision comments as of late (maybe 2, 3 months). I still check to make sure, anyway.

It is suggested that you try Beyond Compare from http://www.scootersoftware.com/ on the zips.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

namffuak said:

Tugpsx said:

Clicking on the little "I" in the circle will open the page in the documentation center. If there is no mention of an update it tends to mean it was "just" a metadata update.

Thanks, that's kind of what I have been doing, but to be greedy I was hoping for a field I could use when offline. 

• NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330
    edited October 2021

Is anyone else opening up Install Manager and it's not doing anything? Saying 0 files to download, 0 files installed? I used it fine early last night then around 9'ish EST it has been doing this. I've restarted and nothing. It immediately switches to Not Responding. 

Post edited by Nosiferret on

Tugpsx said:

namffuak said:

Tugpsx said:

Thanks, that's kind of what I have been doing, but to be greedy I was hoping for a field I could use when offline. 

I grab a copy of the store page, including full size images of the promo thumbs, create and save a spreadsheet of the invoice, and export the readme page to pdf for every purchase. I'll re-grab the readme on updated products if there is an indication of what changed. I was on dial-up internet until November of 2019, doing my downloads at a wifi site. And yes, now that you ask, I am OCD. wink

Nosiferret said:

Is anyone else opening up Install Manager and it's not doing anything? Saying 0 files to download, 0 files installed? I used it fine early last night then around 9'ish EST it has been doing this. I've restarted and nothing. It immediately switches to Not Responding. 

Check the log to see if there's any indication of a problem there. As near as I can determine the startup sequence after you click 'Start' is to process your download directory and installed file manifest - and there's no indication of activity for this phase - followed by walking your product library to see what is new or changed. This doesn't start until the lst of ready to install and installed files has been populated and shows the black progress bar while this is going on. I don't know if DIM logs on to your account up front or if it waits until after your local files are processed.

If it logs in up front it should time out eventually AND give an error message. So it sounds like DIM is having an issue processing your local files.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 2021

...unable to shut the IM down to shut down as the progress monitor above the search field at the top of the window keeps running on and on. Been doing that for nearly an hour now.  I uninstalled four items that were corrupted and deleted them form the Ready to Install tab so I can get a clean downloads. but I've never seen this sort of behaviour before.. Don't want to mess anything up as it's obviously updating something, so just going to let it run its course .  Don't like leaving the system running overnight though.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 468

kyoto kid said:

...unable to shut the IM down to shut down as the progress monitor above the search field at the top of the window keeps running on and on. Been doing that for nearly an hour now.  I uninstalled four items that were corrupted and deleted them form the Ready to Install tab so I can get a clean downloads. but I've never seen this sort of behaviour before.. Don't want to mess anything up as it's obviously updating something, so just going to let it run its course .  Don't like leaving the system running overnight though.

I've noticed this behavior in DIM over the past two months or so.  It doesn't happen all of the time or that often.  I've been able to shut down DIM with no problem and have not noticed any ill effects of doing so.  If you're not able to shut down DIM normally, if you're on a Windows PC, try shutting t down using the Task Manager.

..more oddness tonight.  when i started up the IM the password field was empty, usually he password is auto loaded when t starts up.  After successfully downloading the purchases I had three were three install failures for the following products:

• Vitage FIlm Props,
    • Dirty Canal
    • Cyberpunk SMG.

There is plenty of room on the library drive so that isn't the cause Ended up having to delete them from the Install tab then re-download and install each one separately  Odd.

While trying to fix a way of launching video tutorials within Daz Studio I found an issue whereas i need to filter the DIM files by installed location. Some files were installed on the C-drive and others on the E-drive.

The change was due to a hard drive replacement last year but I simply mapped both paths in studio to have access to the files. Now I would like to know which files are in the old path so I can reinstall them to the new path.

• Tugpsx said:

While trying to fix a way of launching video tutorials within Daz Studio I found an issue whereas i need to filter the DIM files by installed location. Some files were installed on the C-drive and others on the E-drive.

The change was due to a hard drive replacement last year but I simply mapped both paths in studio to have access to the files. Now I would like to know which files are in the old path so I can reinstall them to the new path.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering#path

edited January 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Tugpsx said:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering#path

LOL that was simple. Thanks. The power of knowledge.

All I had to do was simply filter by path::(Drive location)

Post edited by Tugpsx on
    edited January 2022

..once again. I had the Remember Me box on the IM sign in checked but my password didn't autofill as it should have..

Also interesting, when installing an update to the Genesis 8 Female Expressions, the install failed with the following message:

IM00042077-01_Genesis 8 Female Expressions could not be opened for reading This Package cannot be installed 

Never seen this before.

I deleted, re-downloaded the file and the same error occurred. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • shootybearshootybear Posts: 136
    edited March 2022

I'm seeing DIM install things suuuuper slowly. After download, the actual installation is running about 100kB/s onto the SSD (external). I did a speed test and the lowest write I got was 40MB/s. It seems to be pegging one CPU core. I have a desktop where installation is pretty darn quick. Is it not happy installing to an external SSD for some reason? 

Post edited by shootybear on

shootybear said:

I'm seeing DIM install things suuuuper slowly. After download, the actual installation is running about 100kB/s onto the SSD (external). I did a speed test and the lowest write I got was 40MB/s. It seems to be pegging one CPU core. I have a desktop where installation is pretty darn quick. Is it not happy installing to an external SSD for some reason? 

Check the DIM log - I ran into a CMS issue that was cousing a timeout on every delete/replace.