The Non-Fungible People vs Daz models

Comments

• Should acually have the stuff here some where explaining this all so it's not soo confusing .

• there will be fights over that I would imagine

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008
    edited December 2021

I think the best question to ask about these high priced NFPs are "If you are paying so much, then can you truly do whatever you want with them, like buying real physical art... NO EULA, it's yours free and clear to do with it as you please?

If there are any strings or restrictions that are attached then it's just an expensive receipt for vapor.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • that would be interesting to know , but I have a feeling you don't acually "own" the whole thing , I could be wrong tho

• CHWT said:

"excuse me can I have some mint ice cream?"

Ok, I'll PM one bowl to you. 

AgitatedRiot said:

CHWT said:

"excuse me can I have some mint ice cream?"

Ok, I'll PM one bowl to you. 

But just receipt for a photo of it for .2 ETH

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,475
    edited December 2021

andrushuk1 said:

Should acually have the stuff here some where explaining this all so it's not soo confusing .

The've tried a couple different threads for Q&A but they weren't even given the chance to explain anything and only had complaining with no real questions about (who/what/where) for them to answer so IMO why bother if that's all your going to get from a section of the user base. 

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

nicstt said:

I couldn't be less interested.

... Folks spend their cash how they wish.

yes 

• frank0314 said:

andrushuk1 said:

Should acually have the stuff here some where explaining this all so it's not soo confusing .

The've tried a couple different threads for Q&A but they weren't even given the chance to explain anything and only had complaining with no real questions about (who/what/where) for them to answer so IMO why bother if that's all your going to get from a section of the user base. 

It's funny I remember there being a lot of questions and no answers.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,783
    edited December 2021

AlmightyQUEST said:

frank0314 said:

andrushuk1 said:

Post edited by felis on
  • AlmightyQUEST said:

frank0314 said:

andrushuk1 said:

I guess you have to file a ticket to get answers.  I've read in other threads the folks at Daz don't look at the forums. It's weird, I know. 

• andrushuk1 said:

Richard : are NFP a 3d character or just a render ?

It's a content bundle, character, hair, and clothes - plus interactive licenses, including for the base figure (presumably Genesis 8 Female in this case).

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,311
    edited December 2021
    I still want to know if I buy NFP is it the only copy?
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • AgitatedRiot said:

CHWT said:

AgitatedRiot said:

As of 9:00 my time CST it's $790.02

Is the NFP one of a kind?

just a 0.01 difference in the value of a particular morph, or a slightly different color ("ahem excuse me can I have the pantone number please?"), or just a different combination of character+morphs+hair+clothing etc... technically they are all one of a kind! *applause* actually just like our custom characters are all one of a kind. Love is in the eye of the beholder.

oh it's OT but my least favorite ice cream flavor is mint

I mean is the NFP a thing only one person owns are do other people get to buy the Same NFP? That is what I mean by one of a Kind. 

The NFPs are unique, but based on normal Daz assets rather than fully custom figures.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,434
    edited December 2021

benniewoodell said:

AlmightyQUEST said:

frank0314 said:

andrushuk1 said:

I guess you have to file a ticket to get answers.  I've read in other threads the folks at Daz don't look at the forums. It's weird, I know. 

Daz staff have a lot of duties to perform, so it cannot be guaranteed that they will read the forums in general or a particular thread. A ticket makes sure that the query/comment is logged and in the  system for staff.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RobotHeadArt said:

MimicMolly said:

From what I understand, part of the price may come from licensing fees. Seems like it's different than regular DAZ assets. This is from their Discord FAQ.

The NFP page says it's covered by the Daz Interactive License, not "you can use your NFP however you want! You own complete IP rights to the character."  Which is correct?

The Discord page shown in the image also says:

License: You can do anything you'd like with your NFP NFT, with the exception of selling it's individual 3D components. This is commonly referred to as the Daz Interactive License, which you can read in detail here: https://www.daz3d.com/eula

and I am told, in response to a query, that 3D printing will be allowed.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,596

Richard Haseltine said:

The Discord page shown in the image also says:

License: You can do anything you'd like with your NFP NFT, with the exception of selling it's individual 3D components. This is commonly referred to as the Daz Interactive License, which you can read in detail here: https://www.daz3d.com/eula

and I am told, in response to a query, that 3D printing will be allowed.

Saying "You can do anything you'd like with your NFP NFT" and then referring to DAZ EULA and the Interactive licence, does not compute.

"Anything" covers using the NFP also as a mechant resource and using it in where ever, not only in games

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

No... no... no...  you all are overthinking this.  Just give DAZ over $700.  That is all that matters these days.

• Ippotamus said:

No... no... no...  you all are overthinking this.  Just give DAZ over $700.  That is all that matters these days.

laugh 

• My question should be easily answered, if it is not unique and the only copy why should I buy it? If I were to buy one I want it to be the only copy and I have all rights to it. Meaning no other identity can lay claims to that NFP

• AgitatedRiot said:

My question should be easily answered, if it is not unique and the only copy why should I buy it? If I were to buy one I want it to be the only copy and I have all rights to it. Meaning no other identity can lay claims to that NFP

Your question was answered - each NFP is unique.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 2021

frank0314 said:

andrushuk1 said:

There is a LOT of complaining and, frankly, little interest in more NFT promotion so that, in itself, should tell DAZ something. On the other hand - there is a dedicated forum so the few who are interested should go there with their questions, no? 

Post edited by marble on
  • charlescharles Posts: 775
    edited December 2021

AgitatedRiot said:

My question should be easily answered, if it is not unique and the only copy why should I buy it? If I were to buy one I want it to be the only copy and I have all rights to it. Meaning no other identity can lay claims to that NFP

No you don't have the exclusive rights to it. I or anyone can use the normal Daz assets or blender or MD or whatever and make a look alike. You have no legal mechanism to stop others from using a look alike, that's what copyright laws are for, not NFP/NFTs. As far as I know no court has ruled yet on NFT's being a legal trademark or gurantee of copyright.

Just ask yourself this question, and hopefully you read it before they remove this post. Who is making the bucks with this stuff?

Post edited by charles on

AgitatedRiot said:

I still want to know if I buy NFP is it the only copy?

Seriously, the better question is do you own it free and clear, no EULA, no restrictions, to do with forever as you please... otherwise it's just a regular DAZ figure, just way more expensive.

• Richard Haseltine said:

AgitatedRiot said:

CHWT said:

AgitatedRiot said:

As of 9:00 my time CST it's $790.02

Is the NFP one of a kind?

just a 0.01 difference in the value of a particular morph, or a slightly different color ("ahem excuse me can I have the pantone number please?"), or just a different combination of character+morphs+hair+clothing etc... technically they are all one of a kind! *applause* actually just like our custom characters are all one of a kind. Love is in the eye of the beholder.

oh it's OT but my least favorite ice cream flavor is mint

I mean is the NFP a thing only one person owns are do other people get to buy the Same NFP? That is what I mean by one of a Kind. 

The NFPs are unique, but based on normal Daz assets rather than fully custom figures.

Missed this sorry.

NO SALE HERE.

Deleted Policlitial Rant

• So 3d printing is allowed... maybe they should do a list of of the things that arn't allowed? Then people would have a better understanding of who really owns Daz's stuff.
    edited December 2021

SolitarySandpiper said:

So 3d printing is allowed... maybe they should do a list of of the things that arn't allowed? Then people would have a better understanding of who really owns Daz's stuff.

Dude, for $700 plus dollars there should be zero restrictions... one should be able to print out a full scale love doll version and marry it* at that price.

*If one is into that... not judging or suggesting that, just speculating.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • for $700 you could look at buying Zbrush before it goes subscription for a better investment

you might even be able to sell your license afterwards for a tidy proffitenlightened

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954
    edited December 2021

SolitarySandpiper said:

So 3d printing is allowed... maybe they should do a list of of the things that arn't allowed? Then people would have a better understanding of who really owns Daz's stuff.

Basically for what they said you can only sell it one time as a complete NFT package. You can't for instance repackage it and then open your own store front and resell the components or the whole to multiple people the way DAZ does. You could use it as a character in a game and it be the game or other components of the game that get sold, but not the DAZ model(s) themselves. 

So basically buying an NFT from DAZ allows you to do one thing you can't do with any DAZ purchases whatsoever now - resell your DAZ NFT library one time, to one or more buyer(s), but ony one buyer per NFT product you have bought, including the original NFT package content, and then be removed from the NFT library content still in your posession.

Hmmm, sounds right, or no?

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • nonesuch00 said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

Basically for what they said you can only sell it one time as a complete NFT package. You can't for instance repackage it and then open you own store front and resell the components or the whole to multiple people the way DAZ does. You could use it as a character in a game and it be the game or other components of the game that get sold and not the DAZ model(s) themselves. 

So basically buying an NFT from DAZ allows you to do one thing you can't do with any DAZ purchases whatsoever now - resell your DAZ NFT library one time, to one or more buyer(s), including the original NFT package content, and then be removed from the NFT library content still in your posession.

That is backwards - the NFP can be sold, as a complete package not piecemeal, to one person. Thjat person then owns the NFP, and has al the rights associated with it - including the right to sell it to another person in turn, again as a single package.

This discussion has been closed.