The Non-Fungible People vs Daz models

Hi , I am wondering if there is a real difference in the non-fungible ppl and the reg people here at Daz are they the same quality ? or are they a cheaper version?

Comments

• andrushuk1 said:

Hi , I am wondering if there is a real difference in the non-fungible ppl and the reg people here at Daz are they the same quality ? or are they a cheaper version?

As far as I know they should be of the same basic quality, though what that is will probably depend to an extent on which of the formats offered are used.

• andrushuk1 said:

They certainly aren't a cheaper version, the opposite in fact!  laugh laugh

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,140

andrushuk1 said:

They certainly aren't a cheaper version, the opposite in fact!  laugh laugh

I know absolutely nothing about crypto currency. How much is 0.2 ETH in terms of USD?
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,377
    edited December 2021

794.61 dollars at this moment.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

794.61 dollars at this moment.

Thanks! And no thanks. I don't belong to the metaverse. I would rather save some money as I still have to live in this real world, no matter how awful it has already become.
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,021
    edited December 2021

Yeesh... I missed the .2 ETH  public sale price when I read the NFP announcement... All I noticed was the presale prices of .05 and .08 ETH ($199.89 and $319.82).

$794.61 is alotta clam shells.

Definitely no FOMO there.

FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out

Post edited by McGyver on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,746

McGyver said:

Yeesh... I missed the .2 ETH  public sale price when I read the NFP announcement... All I noticed was the presale prices of .05 and .08 ETH ($199.89 and $319.82).

Definitely no FOMO there.FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out

You are ignoring the important thing, the NFP's can later be sold for millions to investors. 

• or they could be sold for one dollar to investors--lol thats the catch

• can I make my own personalize it from scratch ?

• PerttiA said:

McGyver said:

Definitely no FOMO there.FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out

You are ignoring the important thing, the NFP's can later be sold for millions to investors. 

I had to laugh this past week when I watched the new South Park special on Paramount Plus. In the future, Butters is institutionalized because he has the power to convince people to buy NFTs and destroy their lives financially lol. Half the episode is making fun of NFTs, it's quite hilarious. And seeing it costs about 800 bucks for a character, it just makes the episode even better. 

• .. wait a minute that can't be the correct price is it ? I'm not good in math but if that's the real price wouldn't we be better off investing in like androids from the HBO series WestWorld bringing that tech to life ,  that would make more sense to me.

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 643
    edited December 2021

andrushuk1 said:

can I make my own personalize it from scratch ?

Sure thing. In some sales over the past couple of years you could pick up Victoria 8 for FREE. Pose her, outfit her, do a rendering and bingo! Heck of a lot a cheaper.

PerttiA said:

More accurate to refer to them as "speculators" not investors.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • benniewoodell said:

I had to laugh this past week when I watched the new South Park special on Paramount Plus. In the future, Butters is institutionalized because he has the power to convince people to buy NFTs and destroy their lives financially lol. Half the episode is making fun of NFTs, it's quite hilarious. And seeing it costs about 800 bucks for a character, it just makes the episode even better. 

Sounds like a good one! I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

edited December 2021

Now it's 798.57 Dollars

EthereumETH

4016.07USD-0.790% (24h)

You can track prices of crypto here Ethereum (ETH) Blockchain Explorer (etherscan.io)

• Thats more then most ppls computers and a lot have quit buying pc cause smart phones.

• I wonder what will end up being  cheaper to buy NFP or Metahuman once/if this all takes off I think we will see a real battle for top position in the characters/models and we will probably see a few more companys throw their hats into the ring and prices dropping drastically

• andrushuk1 said:

I wonder what will end up being  cheaper to buy NFP or Metahuman once/if this all takes off I think we will see a real battle for top position in the characters/models and we will probably see a few more companys throw their hats into the ring and prices dropping drastically

NFPs are not a replacement for the base figures used in rendering, so I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,117
    From what I understand, part of the price may come from licensing fees. Seems like it's different than regular DAZ assets. This is from their Discord FAQ.
    Screenshot_20211223-074808.png
    864 x 1872 - 359K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

I couldn't be less interested.

... Folks spend their cash how they wish.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,545

well, isn't that just special. my hobby would be done if i had to spend that on a character, in fact, the pricing of the characters coming out from DAZ is already beyond my limit, thus, rare I buy one any more. 

• As of 9:00 my time CST it's $790.02

Is the NFP one of a kind?

• Richard : are NFP a 3d character or just a render ?

edited December 2021

As of 9:00 my time CST it's $790.02

just a 0.01 difference in the value of a particular morph, or a slightly different color ("ahem excuse me can I have the pantone number please?"), or just a different combination of character+morphs+hair+clothing etc... technically they are all one of a kind! *applause* actually just like our custom characters are all one of a kind. Love is in the eye of the beholder.

oh it's OT but my least favorite ice cream flavor is mint

Post edited by CHWT on
  • MimicMolly said:

From what I understand, part of the price may come from licensing fees. Seems like it's different than regular DAZ assets. This is from their Discord FAQ.

The NFP page says it's covered by the Daz Interactive License, not "you can use your NFP however you want! You own complete IP rights to the character."  Which is correct?

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241

I still don't "get" it.

edited December 2021

CHWT said:

AgitatedRiot said:

just a 0.01 difference in the value of a particular morph, or a slightly different color ("ahem excuse me can I have the pantone number please?"), or just a different combination of character+morphs+hair+clothing etc... technically they are all one of a kind! *applause* actually just like our custom characters are all one of a kind. Love is in the eye of the beholder.

I mean is the NFP a thing only one person owns are do other people get to buy the Same NFP? That is what I mean by one of a Kind. 

• I have no idea I'm soo cofused on this whole s NFP subjec   If I'm not mistaken u at least get a link to something --lolt

edited December 2021

CHWT said:

AgitatedRiot said:

I mean is the NFP a thing only one person owns are do other people get to buy the Same NFP? That is what I mean by one of a Kind. 

Aha! Good question, but IIRC the previous DAZ NFTs each had a couple copies available... Y/N?

Ok if each NFP has only one copy (well it's technically wrong to call it a copy... but I don't know how to put it)... "excuse me can I have some mint ice cream?"

Post edited by CHWT on
  • andrushuk1 said:

So from what I understand from the tutorials, you would get a Daz Character, with hair and clothing.... It would be a one off that no one else would own......

Or you could buy a character, hair and clothing yourself and "re-create" that single 0.2 Eth character for a few dollars say $50 max but you would not have ownership of that code or chain block or key thingy.

edited December 2021

andrushuk1 said:

So from what I understand from the tutorials, you would get a Daz Character, with hair and clothing.... It would be a one off that no one else would own......

Or you could buy a character, hair and clothing yourself and "re-create" that single 0.2 Eth character for a few dollars say $50 max but you would not have ownership of that code or chain block or key thingy.

I wonder if someone would suddenly accuse that re-creation to be an infringement of his ownership of that NFP.
    Post edited by CHWT on
This discussion has been closed.