49th Bryce Render Challenge (Ancient Times)

Comments

• Hansmar - WOW. What a great entry... very well done.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,092

Hansmar : great idea. Awesome entry, excellent lighting, I really like it.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,129
    edited December 2021

Hansmar - I like that one! The colours are perfect and the cave paintings look really good.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • huberthubert Posts: 410

Hansmar: Great composition, lighting and details.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,981

Hansmar - wow excellent entry, love the detail on the walls, superb lighting.

• @ Hansmar:
    Excellent scene with lots of details and fantastic light. Very good work. 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754
    edited December 2021

Horo, Yellow Pen, adbc, MelanieL, hubert, Mermaid, drachenlords, Thanks for your positive words, glad you like it.

In olden days, druids would talk to strange creatures at holy places, I understand. That is what happens in my second entry: Meeting at Stonehenge.

A DAZ Michael 4 figure with clothing, a Greyling, Stonehenge and a Fawn on a field with daisies (lots of instances). A HDRI enhanced sky by Horo. Kind of the same colour setting as my previous entry. That was not originally the idea, but I found this sky most fitting.

stonehenge2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • another great Entry Hansmar... beautiful light. Nice perspective too.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,103

Hansmar - Stonehenge! Why didn't I think of it? I have it and also used it once or twice long ago. I also visited the place twice. Really cool idea Hansmar, and very well done.

Hansmar : very good idea and very well done. 

Hansmar: A cool idea! I was always sure that Greylings were involved in Stonehenge!  ;)
    A very moody scene. Great job with the instances and the lighting.

Hansmar - wow another outstanding entry beautiful atmosphere.

• @ Hansmar: Great work! Cool atmo and Light.

• Thanks so much for the comments on my first entry. They were very much appreciated.

Also do we have a closing date for this challenge? 

adbc - What a  cool scene! I especially like the vivid colors and the overall illumination.

Horo - yeah, it's been a long, inspiring and often strange trip!. What a great concept in your first first image. Very well composed and illuminated. Second image is nicely dark and scary. Has a nice lord of the rings feel to it. Your third entry is a very nicely set scene. Very well done.å

Yellow Pen - lovely Image and well compose. I very much like the way the elements fit together.  

Hansmar - Glad you got this done. It's a excellent image. I especially like the details and the Neanderthals poses. Second entry is also excellent. Particularly like the illumination and the sky.

Dan : thank you.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 2021

Here's my second entry: “The History Lesson".

All content from DAZ3D (Ruins by Stonemaso) except for the tree which is by X frog. Sky HDRI by Horo.

Primary illumination by the sun. Fill lighting from a large, inword facing sphere dome light that surrounds the scene and use sky IBL.

Rendered at 32 RPP, TA enabled. About 3 1/2 hours to render.

Thanks for taking a look!

History_lesson.jpg
    1400 x 1000 - 383K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,103
    edited December 2021

Dan - thank you. Here on page 4 Apoc proposed to extend the deadline for this challenge to 31. December 2021 and we agreed. Gives you a chance for a third entry.

Now your History Lesson is yet another of your excellently lit superb entry,

Post edited by Horo on

Hansmar - great idea, nice render - I like the  fiery sky.

Dan Whiteside - another good idea, very good lighting (but the levitating girl worries me a little)

Dan: Great composition and camera angle. I like the lighting and the Xfrog foliage work. (Ditto Melanie about the lady's positioning.)

• Dan: thank you.

And your entry is beautiful. But take a look at the levitating girl, as Melanie and Hubert said...

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754

Yellow Pen, Horo, adbc, hubert, drachenlords, Dan Whiteside, Mermaid010: Thank you.

And, Dan, I agree with the others: great render, but strange levitating lady.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Dan Whiteside said:

Here's my second entry: “The History Lesson".

All content from DAZ3D (Ruins by Stonemaso) except for the tree which is by X frog. Sky HDRI by Horo.

Primary illumination by the sun. Fill lighting from a large, inword facing sphere dome light that surrounds the scene and use sky IBL.

Rendered at 32 RPP, TA enabled. About 3 1/2 hours to render.

Thanks for taking a look!

Something I don't understand. Does the girl have legs or not? 

Dan : excellent entry, I agree with the others about the levitating girl.

Dan Whiteside - another excellent idea, very good lighting, the levitating girl seems to be floating.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 2021

Thanks for pointing out the levitating child! Here is (hopefully) the correct entry.

Thanks again.

History_lesson_2.jpg
    1400 x 1000 - 392K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on
  • yes.... much better yes

Dan : I agree with Yellow Pen !

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,973

Horo said:

mermaid and adbc - very nice entries, both of you.

+ 1  ~ 

+1 more

• @ Dan:
    The History Lesson - wonderful scene and where the girl is on the ground even better.