Hope it means she is OK

misty mcgiver update.jpg
    1550 x 246 - 72K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

I sure hope she is doing okay as well.
    Sending lots of heart

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

I'm also hoping Misty is OK, we've shared some favorites.

I watched the series finale of the Australian TV show "Rake" (five series on Netflix) tonight, a good sendoff, sorry to see it end.  One good touch was an Australian version of Guy Fawkes, this one successful (except nobody dies ... long story).  Pretty good CGI.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,021
    edited September 2021

I just bought a bicycle.  Hope to enjoy the many trails in Arkansas.  When I lived in Washington, DC, my bicycle was stolen and I didn't replace it.  I was in one of those bike share programs that you could use any bike in the program stationed around the city.  It was fine for short local errands, but I didn't use it for weekend excursions.  Hope to get outside more.  Take more of my own pictures of leaves, bark, ground cover, etc.  More modeling and texturing ideas in the works.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

Diomede said:

I just bought a bicycle.  Hope to enjoy the many trails in Arkansas.  When I lived in Washington, DC, my bicycle was stolen and I didn't replace it.  I was in one of those bike share programs that you could use any bike in the program stationed around the city.  It was fine for short local errands, but I didn't use it for weekend excursions.  Hope to get outside more.  Take more of my own pictures of leaves, bark, ground cover, etc.  More modeling and texturing ideas in the works.

good for the soul! We are still in lockdown here, been 6 weeks? Strava an exercise app tells us our area has increased exercise hours by 20 percent. The bush is seething with pushbike riders, the beaches are overflowing like D day, the running tracks are full like Parisian footpaths in mid summer. And now we can have a picnic with five people together we have discovered that most Australians can’t  count.

your new life sounds like a fresh of breath air ! 

https://www.studiodaily.com/2005/05/eovia-carrara-4-pro/ interesting to see how far we have come 

wh could have imagined no morphs and no usable ik? 

and the new features in carrara 8 ! https://www.studiodaily.com/2010/08/review-daz-carrara-8-pro/

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,709
    edited September 2021

Earthquake in Victoria Australia, just stuff damaged AFAIK

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165

Hey just wanted to post here to see if htis jogs anyone's memory.  I'm looking for a short movie made in Carrara.  It was Scifi themed and based in an icy base, atmospheric as everything, and was on YouTube... but that's all I can remember about it!

I remember I saw it here, but that's all I can remember about it now.

Sending positive Karma to anyone dealing with the earthquake or quakes.  

Ariaso, I'm not familiar with the short you mentioned but now I am very interested.  Hope a link appears soon.

Misty not checked in since that Sept18 date sad

I am worried 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Misty not checked in since that Sept18 date sad

I am worried 

Yes, I am worried also.  sad

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

as am I frown

Stezza said:

as am I frown

plus 20

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

This was my first test with my Samsung Galaxy A01 16GB 5.7" Android Smartphone AT&T Prepaid.  I don't have a smart phone and don't use this that way.  I rely on my humble flip phone, plus a 10" Samsung tablet and a Canon Powershot SX40 HS Camera.  But I liked the idea of a pocket size 7" screen that can shoot Full HD (1920 x 1080) video playback @ 30fps.  For $89.  I also used the Handheld Camera Gimbal Stabilizer for Smartphones, (except the first shot which is a little shakier),  $20 from Woot.  Yes, the lighting is not ideal, the crowd was all on the side with the sun behind them, and I wanted to avoid that, plus have the crowd as backgorund.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited October 2021

Misty, we are really missing you!  If you are unwell and/or just taking a break for whatever reason, that's OK, but please know we are all thinking of you!  

heart Silene

Misty.png
    892 x 890 - 496K
    Post edited by SileneUK on

SileneUK said:

Misty, we are really missing you!  If you are unwell and/or just taking a break for whatever reason, that's OK, but please know we are all thinking of you!  

heart Silene

heartheartheart 

edited October 2021

Misty - you are missed by all of us!

@SileneUK, I can't see the image you posted.  

misty post.jpg
    1553 x 601 - 74K
    edited October 2021

Diomede said:

Misty - you are missed by all of us!

@SileneUK, I can't see the image you posted.  

Now reuploaded (new link) in my original post above, sorry! surprise Silene

did you delete the thumbnail? if so you see the cache but nobody else does

edited October 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Ooops... will fix up in original post. I thought other people did that without problems. EG, that you could put the DAZ link display inline once it's uploaded. Has a different image URL now as well. Tnx.

blush Silene

• SileneUK said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Ooops... will fix up in original post. I thought other people did that without problems. EG, that you could put the DAZ link display inline once it's uploaded. Has a different image URL now as well. Tnx.

blush Silene

If the image is posted elsewhere - as an attachment to another post, and there is a thread set up especially for that, or in the gallery, or on an external site - then the post doesn't need its own copy attached. But the link is just that, it needs its reference to work.

edited October 2021

Thanks Richard --now I understand.  Cheers! yes Silene

edited October 2021

this paralax shader thing looks cool, I gather it is layers of alpha bitmap cutouts set to shift with the camera angle to give a 3D effect

in theory we could create a layer operator that does this in Carrara shader room

maybe cannot link to camera but UV shift it manually along the timeline to match a camera angle

more of a clue how it works

Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I hope Misty is OK, last we heard from her she was going to hospital because of her EKG  heart

Clicking on Misty's user name shows she was last active September 8

now shows Sep 19th

over a month ago. sad 

Stezza said:

Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I hope Misty is OK, last we heard from her she was going to hospital because of her EKG  heart

Clicking on Misty's user name shows she was last active September 8

now shows Sep 19th

over a month ago. sad 

No word from Misty over at the Rendo forum, either.  sad

edited October 2021

video of my front verandah

probably the most exciting thing to happen here this year blush

our weather is pretty tame of course compared to Stezza up in Qld devil

I'm not in Queensland!!.... eeeek! surpriselaugh

Stezza said:

I'm not in Queensland!!.... eeeek! surpriselaugh

ah not quite up so far blush 

Oh, Wendy, that hail really sucks.  I hope you didn't have a lot of damage.  Hail is a regular part of life in the parts of Texas I have lived.  The worst storms in Texas were usually in March and April, but hail and thunderstorms can happen any time.  I don't know the pattern in Arkansas yet.