Off Topic Thread #2

245

Comments

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 12,701
    edited September 2021

    Misty update, sort of, as per McGiver in the Commons

    Hope it means she is OK

     

     

    misty mcgiver update.jpg
    1550 x 246 - 72K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,173

    I sure hope she is doing okay as well.
    Sending lots of heart

  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 2,688

    I'm also hoping Misty is OK, we've shared some favorites.

    I watched the series finale of the Australian TV show "Rake" (five series on Netflix) tonight, a good sendoff, sorry to see it end.  One good touch was an Australian version of Guy Fawkes, this one successful (except nobody dies ... long story).  Pretty good CGI.

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 12,701
    edited September 2021

    I just bought a bicycle.  Hope to enjoy the many trails in Arkansas.  When I lived in Washington, DC, my bicycle was stolen and I didn't replace it.  I was in one of those bike share programs that you could use any bike in the program stationed around the city.  It was fine for short local errands, but I didn't use it for weekend excursions.  Hope to get outside more.  Take more of my own pictures of leaves, bark, ground cover, etc.  More modeling and texturing ideas in the works.

    Post edited by Diomede on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,182

    Diomede said:

    I just bought a bicycle.  Hope to enjoy the many trails in Arkansas.  When I lived in Washington, DC, my bicycle was stolen and I didn't replace it.  I was in one of those bike share programs that you could use any bike in the program stationed around the city.  It was fine for short local errands, but I didn't use it for weekend excursions.  Hope to get outside more.  Take more of my own pictures of leaves, bark, ground cover, etc.  More modeling and texturing ideas in the works.

     

    good for the soul! We are still in lockdown here, been 6 weeks? Strava an exercise app tells us our area has increased exercise hours by 20 percent. The bush is seething with pushbike riders, the beaches are overflowing like D day, the running tracks are full like Parisian footpaths in mid summer. And now we can have a picnic with five people together we have discovered that most Australians can’t  count.

    your new life sounds like a fresh of breath air ! 

  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,182

    https://www.studiodaily.com/2005/05/eovia-carrara-4-pro/ interesting to see how far we have come 

    wh could have imagined no morphs and no usable ik? 

    and the new features in carrara 8 ! https://www.studiodaily.com/2010/08/review-daz-carrara-8-pro/

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 31,938
    edited September 2021

    Earthquake in Victoria Australia, just stuff damaged AFAIK

     

    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • AriasoAriaso Posts: 162

    Hey just wanted to post here to see if htis jogs anyone's memory.  I'm looking for a short movie made in Carrara.  It was Scifi themed and based in an icy base, atmospheric as everything, and was on YouTube... but that's all I can remember about it!

    I remember I saw it here, but that's all I can remember about it now.

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 12,701

    Sending positive Karma to anyone dealing with the earthquake or quakes.  

    Ariaso, I'm not familiar with the short you mentioned but now I am very interested.  Hope a link appears soon.

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 31,938

    Misty not checked in since that Sept18 date sad

    I am worried 

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 12,701

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    Misty not checked in since that Sept18 date sad

    I am worried 

    Yes, I am worried also.  sad

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 6,571

    as am I frown

  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,182

    Stezza said:

    as am I frown

    plus 20

  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 2,688

    This was my first test with my Samsung Galaxy A01 16GB 5.7" Android Smartphone AT&T Prepaid.  I don't have a smart phone and don't use this that way.  I rely on my humble flip phone, plus a 10" Samsung tablet and a Canon Powershot SX40 HS Camera.  But I liked the idea of a pocket size 7" screen that can shoot Full HD (1920 x 1080) video playback @ 30fps.  For $89.  I also used the Handheld Camera Gimbal Stabilizer for Smartphones, (except the first shot which is a little shakier),  $20 from Woot.  Yes, the lighting is not ideal, the crowd was all on the side with the sun behind them, and I wanted to avoid that, plus have the crowd as backgorund.

  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,901
    edited October 2021

    Misty, we are really missing you!  If you are unwell and/or just taking a break for whatever reason, that's OK, but please know we are all thinking of you!  

    heart Silene

    Misty.png
    892 x 890 - 496K
    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 31,938

    SileneUK said:

    Misty, we are really missing you!  If you are unwell and/or just taking a break for whatever reason, that's OK, but please know we are all thinking of you!  

    heart Silene

    heartheartheart 

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 12,701
    edited October 2021

    Misty - you are missed by all of us!

    @SileneUK, I can't see the image you posted.  

     

    misty post.jpg
    1553 x 601 - 74K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,901
    edited October 2021

    Diomede said:

    Misty - you are missed by all of us!

    @SileneUK, I can't see the image you posted.  

    Now reuploaded (new link) in my original post above, sorry! surprise Silene

    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 31,938

    did you delete the thumbnail? if so you see the cache but nobody else does

  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,901
    edited October 2021

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    did you delete the thumbnail? if so you see the cache but nobody else does

    Ooops... will fix up in original post. I thought other people did that without problems. EG, that you could put the DAZ link display inline once it's uploaded. Has a different image URL now as well. Tnx.

    blush Silene

    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • SileneUK said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    did you delete the thumbnail? if so you see the cache but nobody else does

    Ooops... will fix up in original post. I thought other people did that without problems. EG, that you could put the DAZ link display inline once it's uploaded. Has a different image URL now as well. Tnx.

    blush Silene

    If the image is posted elsewhere - as an attachment to another post, and there is a thread set up especially for that, or in the gallery, or on an external site - then the post doesn't need its own copy attached. But the link is just that, it needs its reference to work.

  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,901
    edited October 2021

    Thanks Richard --now I understand.  Cheers! yes Silene

    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 31,938
    edited October 2021

    this paralax shader thing looks cool, I gather it is layers of alpha bitmap cutouts set to shift with the camera angle to give a 3D effect

    in theory we could create a layer operator that does this in Carrara shader room

    maybe cannot link to camera but UV shift it manually along the timeline to match a camera angle

    more of a clue how it works

     

    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 6,571

    Bunyip02 said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I hope Misty is OK, last we heard from her she was going to hospital because of her EKG  heart

    Clicking on Misty's user name shows she was last active September 8

    now shows Sep 19th

    over a month ago. sad 

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 12,701

    Stezza said:

    Bunyip02 said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I hope Misty is OK, last we heard from her she was going to hospital because of her EKG  heart

    Clicking on Misty's user name shows she was last active September 8

    now shows Sep 19th

    over a month ago. sad 

    No word from Misty over at the Rendo forum, either.  sad

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 31,938

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 31,938
    edited October 2021

    video of my front verandah

    probably the most exciting thing to happen here this year blush

    our weather is pretty tame of course compared to Stezza up in Qld devil

    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 6,571

    I'm not in Queensland!!.... eeeek! surpriselaugh

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 31,938

    Stezza said:

    I'm not in Queensland!!.... eeeek! surpriselaugh

    ah not quite up so far blush 

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 12,701

    Oh, Wendy, that hail really sucks.  I hope you didn't have a lot of damage.  Hail is a regular part of life in the parts of Texas I have lived.  The worst storms in Texas were usually in March and April, but hail and thunderstorms can happen any time.  I don't know the pattern in Arkansas yet.

     

Sign In or Register to comment.