Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    The 2 unfree free items have been freed today.
  • Just bought that in premier artist festival: Genesis Clones for Genesis 8 and 8.1 and Vice Versa

I'm sure it will become handy, Thank you Vyusur.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Philemo_Carrara said:

Just bought that in premier artist festival: Genesis Clones for Genesis 8 and 8.1 and Vice Versa

I'm sure it will become handy, Thank you Vyusur.

My pleasure!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

does this mean stuff for G8 can be used on Genesis?

am I reading that correctly?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

From another forum.

Xenomorphine said 

Decided to purchase and can confirm this works beautifully for getting G8 to wear G1 clothing and vice versa!

Was able to get G8 to wear the 'Prometheus'-like Creation Engineer costume (which I've been wanting a compatible remake for) and a G1 figure to wear Dogz' Ninties Nostalgia Wardrobe. This gives my G1 characters a whole new lease on life, because of how easy it is to activate!

It's useful to keep in mind how older generations of characters can be really useful for populating backgrounds. Now that can be done with equal quality clothing to what the main characters are wearing.

thanks @diomede , do you have to do it in DS or can it be done within Carrara?

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    edited September 2021

Hello Stezza

The Autofit works in DAZ Studio.

DAZ Studio screenshot. Genesis 8 items will need to be converted to Blended Weight. Saved as a Scene Subset

Scene subset opened and applied in Carrara

Clone Vyusur 1.png
    2420 x 1031 - 538K
    Clone Vyusur 2.png
    2680 x 1036 - 666K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

oh.. ok... thanks @bunyip02

• My own experience so far.

I applied Raven Assassin in Studio to Genesis and saved it to a wearable preset. I didn't convert to blended weight.

I loaded it in Carrara. and applied to M5 Its worked like a charm for the boots and all the clothes, including the gloves. Shoulder and elbow armour crashed Carrara when fit to M5. I don't know why. Maybe I should have converted them before saving in DS.Will try that.

Next step for me is to try to convert G2 or G3 clothes to G8 via autofit, then back to Genesis. If it works, it would allow me to use the entire wardrobe in my library on Genesis, which would be great indeed :-)

• probably has rigid nodes, need to delete those with the DAZ studio geometry editor

PC+ 1.99 2 Carrara items today.
    PC+ for a Day has about 6 items of HDRIs for 1.99 today, PC+ members only.
    Windows 11 is a out today, free update for 10 users with recent hardware.
    New bi weekly freebies. Includes a Carrara shader! Also a G2M warrior bundle! Best freebie set ever?
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

3drendero said:

New bi weekly freebies. Includes a Carrara shader! Also a G2M warrior bundle! Best freebie set ever?

There are 9 Carrara items for 3.99 or 1.99 for PC+ members. Another 400 items are back and may have good bundle deals. https://www.daz3d.com/several-plat-for-a-day-items#order=popular^1&filtered=1
    Catch up 700 items for 2.99 (1.99 PC+ members), 10ish Carrara items and a few HDRIs. Check them out: https://www.daz3d.com/several-plat-for-a-day-items#filter_compat_software=Carrara&filtered=1
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

3drendero said:

Catch up 700 items for 2.99 (1.99 PC+ members), 10ish Carrara items and a few HDRIs. Check them out: https://www.daz3d.com/several-plat-for-a-day-items#filter_compat_software=Carrara&filtered=1

Great tip, note also 100+ Poser format items which work fine in Carrara.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

thanks for all the headsups

New weekly-ish freebies, includes a Carrara shader and a public showers bundle, so grab your free Fluidos plugin and render away...
    A reminder that non PC+ members can get the 5 PC+ megapacks for free, when buying anything else. There are 1400 items for 2.99 with about 20 unique Carrara items and lots more Carrara compatible items. "Anniversary Megapack Freebies Get these Items FREE* with any purchase over $0.01"
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    edited November 2021

TangoAlpha has a newbie out, MV Stella - https://www.daz3d.com/mv-stella

His shop also has a 55% off, 65% for DAZ+ members

NPR render - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7145856/#Comment_7145856

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Thanks Bunyip.yes

If you've been collecting my previous MV Stella sets (the interiors) -- available for Carrara -- this is the exterior that completes the collection. Sadly there's no Carrara file this time, as I'm no longer able to run it on my Mac, but it should still be able to load without problems, at least I can't think why it shouldn't. You'll need to set a glass shader, and reset the normals is about all. Oh, and the emissives.

The existing sets should slot nicely inside the new one (there's a pose included to line them up). There are a few overlaps that you'll need to hide - for example the airlock appears in both. They're not identical models so you can choose which to keep. The windows/wall segments are also in both, which you keep depends really on whether you're looking out or in.

There are Carrara items in the flash sale for 2.99, popping up now and then.

TangoAlpha said:

Thanks Bunyip.yes

If you've been collecting my previous MV Stella sets (the interiors) -- available for Carrara -- this is the exterior that completes the collection. Sadly there's no Carrara file this time, as I'm no longer able to run it on my Mac, but it should still be able to load without problems, at least I can't think why it shouldn't. You'll need to set a glass shader, and reset the normals is about all. Oh, and the emissives.

The existing sets should slot nicely inside the new one (there's a pose included to line them up). There are a few overlaps that you'll need to hide - for example the airlock appears in both. They're not identical models so you can choose which to keep. The windows/wall segments are also in both, which you keep depends really on whether you're looking out or in.

For a 3D comic or similar sequential art story, it is great to have the spaceship that ties the interior sets together.  Bummer about the Mac issue but something similar will eventually happen to us all.  The pinup on the hull in the promo is a nice retro touch that helps move from generic to 'lived in.'  

Cheers.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited November 2021

TangoAlpha said:

Thanks Bunyip.yes

Thanks for finally getting this done, it's greatly appreciated; I will be using  the others more now that a proper exterior is available (I purchased it tonight).

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on
    New freebies and 1$ items in the store.
    There are a few G2 starter bundles for 1$, if you have missed them...
  • Chrismas Freebies include the Venus Planet from (our) Alvin Bemar with Carrara shaders : https://www.daz3d.com/venus-the-planet

Many thanks.  The astronomical planets, asteroids, etc series was a good idea.