Downloading and Installing DAZ Studio: a guide and FAQ

1101112131416»

Comments

• Thank you for helpul information. It means that I can hide or ignore DIM's info every time I log-in.

I installed all the Starter Essentials (DAZ and Poser CF) via DAZ Studio and NOT in DIM. Should I install in DIM too?

• 3DRenderBoy said:

Thank you for helpul information. It means that I can hide or ignore DIM's info every time I log-in.

I installed all the Starter Essentials (DAZ and Poser CF) via DAZ Studio and NOT in DIM. Should I install in DIM too?

If you installed through Daz Studio (which shouldn't place the PoserCFs) then there is no point in another isntallation, though DIM or Daz Central or manual, as it will have no effect.

• With @RichardHaseltine's help, I think my problems are SOLVED. Thanks for helps, dear friend.

I forgot, the Poseer CF's are installed via DIM after DAZConnect installation of all required main products (Essentials and so on).

• Poser won't be able to find the DazConnect (though Daz Studio) installs at all - do you mean Daz Central, which is the Install manager with a simplified interface tool?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

Are you getting any error messages?

• @RichardHaseltine: NO, I meant DIM. Like I said I am having (had) problems with DAZCentral. So, I use DIM only.
    By the way, I do NOT use any Poser files because I do not got Poser (software). I work with DAZ Studio. I used Poser many years ago before I did not know anything about DAZ Studio.

@Frank0314: If meant me, I do not get errors with DIM or DAZ Studio - except DAZConnect. I just had issues with double softwares in DAZ Studio because I intalled everything via DAZ Install Manager AND DAZ Studio (DAZConnect). Because of that I had doubles, like Genesis 3 Essentials.  Now, after I followed Richard's guides to install the scripts, no problems anymore.