LAMH PLAYER: Open Beta... Renders and Discussions Thread. 1.5.13 UPDATE READY!

Comments

• kreartenitkreartenit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello Allesandro and Kendall, I bought Wolf by AM and can not get the furred version to load. The no fur version loads just fine. Was going to use the wolf for some halloween renders. I access content through the content library and I believe the one that is the is furred version is just labeled wolf. When I try to load one line goes by 100% the second line is Wolf.cr2 it gets stuck at 99%. Program becomes unresponsive? And there are no LAMH presets in the smart content.

Wolf_by_AM.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 356K
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

I believe you are trying to load the geometry based fur, which indeed is quite slow to load.
    Instead, load the Wolf no-fur, grab the LAMH preset here: http://www.furrythings.com/presets_depot/WolfByAM.zip
    and use it with the LAMH Player (or full version).

• kreartenitkreartenit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I believe you are trying to load the geometry based fur, which indeed is quite slow to load.
    Instead, load the Wolf no-fur, grab the LAMH preset here: http://www.furrythings.com/presets_depot/WolfByAM.zip
    and use it with the LAMH Player (or full version).

Hello Alessandro, I downloaded some of the free presets that were at furrythings.com. I've been working with the wolf today and I was able to add the fur with the free player. A lot of the presets of colored fur that are in the content library do not work but I was able to use the player to adjust colors to my liking. So far no fatal crashes, no bad duf warnings. Only thing was some shaders I used in the render didn't make it through the save scene process. Something about brickyard severity. Not sure of the messages but overall I'm pleased with the results. I will try to figure out the the shader problem later. Being able to add the fur makes all the difference see attached. Wolf with fur and Wolf with no fur.

Alessandro_Wolf_No_Fur.jpg
    800 x 800 - 93K
    Alessandro_Wolf_LAMH.jpg
    800 x 800 - 152K
    edited October 2014

Very good! If you study a little more how LAMH works, you can easily allow the fur to gather colors from the underlying model.
    In this case, if you load the texture of your choice on the wolf model, you can select the LAMH Group for the body (through the Scene pane), go to the Surface Pane, and assign the same texture on the Root/Tip color property there; this will tell LAMH to color the fur accordingly on render.
    Attached an image that should explain better the steps to perform this...

textureLAMH.jpg
    1770 x 983 - 301K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • NagraNagra Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Hello Alessandro,

I have the latest LAMH player 1.5.13p installed and when i press the ‚clear the screen‘ button to set up a new scene it immediately crashes DAZ studio. This happens always no matter which LAMH based model is loaded and deleting the LAMH group and or object in advance makes no difference.

My system is OSX 10.9.5 and DAZ 4.6.3.52.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the report. Could you please email the LAMH logfile.txt to "[email protected]"?

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited September 2015
    MCMXC said:

Hi, I have tried the new version of the player.

And... well... sorry to say this, but there are still problems:(

Now it won't crash anymore when creating a new scene, but the problems in the other situations are still on...

I mean...

1) Loading a LAMH preset. Then delete it, and load another preset: DAZ Crashes.

2) Loading a LAMH preset. Then delete Genesis, load a new scene, load another LAMH preset and try to render: DAZ stops the render saying "RENDER ERROR". If I try again it answers:"CAN'T RENDER: RENDERER IS ALREADY IN USE".

(And the logfile is not being created!!!!)

Maybe... I should specify that I use the 64 bit version on Windows 8? In the About version of Studio is still signed as "version 1.0.0.0" http://i46.tinypic.com/2re6t1d.jpg

I just installed the free player via DIM.  Some renders work, like the "flat top" preset used on a Genesis figure.  The millenium cat renders, but the fur looks very sparse with default settings.  And then when attempting to render other hair presets on a Genesis figure, I get the same error as in the post I quoted (#2).  I should add that the "render error" happens the first time a figure is loaded and a hair preset is applied.  Then I have to close DAZ Studio to kill the renderer.

I'm also running Windows 8.1, which is pretty well established by now, so I don't believe this has anything to do with whatever issue is causing this.  I can load and see the presets just fine, but rendering fails.  LAMH is on my wishlist, but perhaps I'll wait a while...

Post edited by daveleitz on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

wishing lamh player critters worked in carrara.  raccoon would love a stroll down country lane

• EveniosEvenios Posts: 119
    edited September 2015

an update for iray would be nice i notice the program hasnt been updated in a year though...........for the toolset itself not the free player i mean........

Post edited by Evenios on
  • Evenios said:

an update for iray would be nice i notice the program hasnt been updated in a year though...........for the toolset itself not the free player i mean........

The update for Iray is in development.

Kendall

• Evenios said:

Kendall

That's all fine and good, but what about the render failure I experienced in 3delight?  That's why I necro'd this thread.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited September 2015
    daveleitz said:
    Evenios said:

Kendall

That's all fine and good, but what about the render failure I experienced in 3delight?  That's why I necro'd this thread.

The "render error" can happen for a number of reasons.  It is a generic error in 3Delight that is a catchall for an error that is otherwise unclassified.  In the past "render error" was primarily triggered by a preset loaded onto a version of a figure where the figure's internal name is the same but the mesh was changed slightly in an area covered by the preset.  However, I would need more information than was provided by the post to even hazard a guess.  We've not had many reported "render errors" in quite some time, which is why you needed to necro this thread.

If you'd like to trigger such an error and then send me the logFile.txt from the lookatmyhairAM folder, along with the DAZ log.txt from the Help menu, I might be able to help you determine why you are having that error.  Send the info to krsears (at) trdc.biz

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • I just downloaded version 1.5.15 of the free player.  It worked fine when I was creating my scene. I'm using the DAZ Squirrel and freebie hair player file for testing.  Got everything added and rendered and it worked great. But I don't like the 3Delight renderer, so I exported to OBJ.  Now it seems that every time I try to do anything in the scene, it crashes DAZ 4.8. I'll play around some more and see if I can duplicate the steps and let you know where it's dying.  But it's not been consistent so far.

• hello everybody

could you please tell me

is it possible to export figure with the fur (to 3dxchange)?

rendrer is with fur

but in 3dxchange its "bald".  What am i doing wrong?

• aspinaspin Posts: 219

Export it to obj or Fibrehair, but I guess this wont work in iClone. Far too high poly.

• aspin said:

Export it to obj or Fibrehair, but I guess this wont work in iClone. Far too high poly.

i'm afraid you are right

obj file weigt almost 1 gb

• Okay, I'm feeling like a complete moron here; I've downloaded the free player, copied over the unzipped files, restarted DAZ, and I'm still not getting the pane option, 'Create' option, NOTHING. I'm running DAZ 4.8 Pro, anyone got a fix?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2016

It's not a separate pane...it is an item on the Create menu...

imageupload32.png
    277 x 372 - 18K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • mjc1016 said:

It's not a separate pane...it is an item on the Create menu...

I know, that's what I'm NOT getting when I installed the plugin.

edited January 2016
    Use the DIM to install the player. There are files that need to be in specific places. Some are in the DS program folder, and some are in the User's profile area. Once the plugin is installed it should show in the About Installed Plugins dialog in the help menu. After that you can access the LAMH player via the create menu or you can activate the Pane from the Window->Panes (Tabs) menu. Kendall

Okay, I'm feeling like a complete moron here; I've downloaded the free player, copied over the unzipped files, restarted DAZ, and I'm still not getting the pane option, 'Create' option, NOTHING. I'm running DAZ 4.8 Pro, anyone got a fix?

• I've restarted DAZ twice, and I'm not getting a thing!

• Do you, by chance, have 2 DS versions installed (like 4.8 and the 4.9 test)? Kendall

I've restarted DAZ twice, and I'm not getting a thing!

• Nope, just the one version of DS, tried uninstalling then re-installing LAMH, and still bupkis.

edited January 2016

Nope, just the one version of DS, tried uninstalling then re-installing LAMH, and still bupkis.

Trying to install LAMH Player manually is really likely to be a problem.  Have you tried using the DIM to install?

Kendall

• Nope, just the one version of DS, tried uninstalling then re-installing LAMH, and still bupkis.

Trying to install LAMH Player manually is really likely to be a problem.  Have you tried using the DIM to install?

Kendall

That's what I was doing, installing with the DIM.

Kendall

That's what I was doing, installing with the DIM.

OK.  Contact me via email krsears (at) trdc.biz

• I just downloaded and Installed the free player through the DIM Manager, however how do I access it through Daz Studio 4.8?

its activated in plugins however I see no way to actually navigate to the actual thing.

help

• I just downloaded and Installed the free player through the DIM Manager, however how do I access it through Daz Studio 4.8?

its activated in plugins however I see no way to actually navigate to the actual thing.

help

The player can be accessed via Window->Panes (Tabs)->Look at my Hair or via Create->Attach 'Look at my Hair' Object.

Kendall

help

The player can be accessed via Window->Panes (Tabs)->Look at my Hair or via Create->Attach 'Look at my Hair' Object.

Kendall

this is what i'm seeing, even going through "window-panes-tabs" does nothing for me

Untitled-1.jpg
    1931 x 928 - 520K
  • The green lines are the LAMH preset.  Those are the guides.  If you render with 3Delight, those will become fur.

Kendall

I just downloaded and Installed the free player through the DIM Manager, however how do I access it through Daz Studio 4.8?

help

Kendall

this is what i'm seeing, even going through "window-panes-tabs" does nothing for me