LAMH PLAYER: Open Beta... Renders and Discussions Thread. 1.5.13 UPDATE READY!

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

I just got the Mouse by JoeQuick with the LAMH preset but am having problems the Hair preset is setting the resolution of the figure back to Base and causing crashes, is there a fix for this its getting a bit annoying.
    Thanks

Make sure that you have the latest player update from the store for the mouse.

Kendall

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

I installed the, I presume the latest, via the DIM today.
    I'm uninstalling and downloading the version in My products, see if that helps.

edited December 1969

No sorry version 1.0.6.5, the figure goes to base resolution.

edited September 2013

No sorry version 1.0.6.5, the figure goes to base resolution.

Hmmm. It is working perfectly here. I just pulled up Joe's excellent mouse and applied the LAMH preset. The resolution stayed high and the figure rendered perfectly.

Can you give me more information on your setup?

EDIT: Added screenshot in case it provides info.

Kendall

mouse_ss.png
    1600 x 900 - 414K
    all_good.jpg
    640 x 480 - 57K
    Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Computer setup
    Windows 7 64bit
    8gb RAM
    Video Radeon HD 5400

edited December 1969

Computer setup
    Windows 7 64bit
    8gb RAM
    Video Radeon HD 5400

Hi Scorpio64Dragon,
    Contact me via email so that I can try to diagnose your problem. krsears (at) trdc.biz

Kendall

edited December 1969

I'm loading from People - Genesis - Character - Mouse - Look At My Hair Presets - Shaggy White mouse - loads in at base resolution and keeps changing back

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,156
    edited November 2013

I tried LAMH free player for the first time today. I downloaded the "Lion with mane and tuft" preset from furrythings.com. I can apply it to the big cat and render it, but I cannot save the scene. I tried 4 times and DS 4.6.1.17 crashed all 4 times. It doesn't matter if I render before I try to save it or not. It always crashes. I am using the latest LAMH player in the DIM, 1.06.6P.

The DS logs has these warnings in it at the very end.
    WARNING: elements\dznode.cpp(2085): NULL child pointer passed to DzNode::addNodeChild()
    WARNING: Object::connect: No such slot lookAtMyHairViewToolAction::adjustPosition2() in afirstpluginaction.cpp:2215
    WARNING: Object::connect: (sender name: 'blMilBigCat_45866')
    WARNING: Object::connect: (receiver name: 'CreateItemAction')
    WARNING: Object::connect: No such slot lookAtMyHairViewToolAction::transformTimeout() in afirstpluginaction.cpp:2290
    Compiled C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{a0ee8ac4-e6a7-4fd5-a1d0-060080f22e5d}/shader_Surface.sdl...
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 8 unknown for DzActionMgr)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 9 unknown for DzActionMgr)

I also have the saved crash dump.

Edited to add: I'm running on Windows 7, 64 bit, 16 GB RAM.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the information, I'll check on this today. Does for you saving to .duf fail on other models too?

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I tried LAMH free player for the first time today. I downloaded the "Lion with mane and tuft" preset from furrythings.com. I can apply it to the big cat and render it, but I cannot save the scene. I tried 4 times and DS 4.6.1.17 crashed all 4 times. It doesn't matter if I render before I try to save it or not. It always crashes. I am using the latest LAMH player in the DIM, 1.06.6P.

The DS logs has these warnings in it at the very end.
    WARNING: elements\dznode.cpp(2085): NULL child pointer passed to DzNode::addNodeChild()
    WARNING: Object::connect: No such slot lookAtMyHairViewToolAction::adjustPosition2() in afirstpluginaction.cpp:2215
    WARNING: Object::connect: (sender name: 'blMilBigCat_45866')
    WARNING: Object::connect: No such slot lookAtMyHairViewToolAction::transformTimeout() in afirstpluginaction.cpp:2290
    Compiled C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{a0ee8ac4-e6a7-4fd5-a1d0-060080f22e5d}/shader_Surface.sdl...
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 8 unknown for DzActionMgr)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 9 unknown for DzActionMgr)

I also have the saved crash dump.

Edited to add: I'm running on Windows 7, 64 bit, 16 GB RAM.

Issue confirmed: we're finalizing the fix and submit a new player update very soon.

edited December 1969

Thank you. I was able to use the squirrel preset OK.

My other issue is that I can't find any information about the interface of the player. The PDF talks in detail only about the human hair shader, it seems to me. I don't know what to do with the sliders and color controls. Is there more info some place?

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Thank you. I was able to use the squirrel preset OK.

My other issue is that I can't find any information about the interface of the player. The PDF talks in detail only about the human hair shader, it seems to me. I don't know what to do with the sliders and color controls. Is there more info some place?

Hi, there is no detailed information about all the parameters related to the Standard/Advanced/Occlusion shader. Some, as the colors, are pretty trivial (and usually the ones most commonly tweaked). Others are quite technical and I yet didn't make any additional information about.
    We are quite closing up with the long-awaited LAMH 1.07 update for the full version: I'll make sure to add information about those shaders in the .pdf.

edited December 1969

Any word on a fix yet? I haven't seen anything in the DIM. I tried the Tina Turner hair and had the same crash problem.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Any word on a fix yet? I haven't seen anything in the DIM. I tried the Tina Turner hair and had the same crash problem.

We are in final testing for both the 1.07 Full and the 1.07 player.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Thanks for the status update. I'll watch for the new version to appear in the DIM.

edited December 1969

I'm also having problems again, I can't load old scenes using LAMH and new ones become corrupt.
    I've bought a couple of characters that use LAMH presets such as the mouse and can't use them. I really hope that you can get this up and running and stable.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

I love the skunk and the moose you have, is there any chance of a a gray squirrel LAMH preset or character in the furture?

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    I love the skunk and the moose you have, is there any chance of a a gray squirrel LAMH preset or character in the furture?

Already done: http://www.furrythings.com/presets_depot/SquirrelFurForYou.zip

Kendall

edited December 1969

Thanks for the link Kendall, it was just what I needed :)

squirrel2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 288K
    squirrel.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 377K
    edited December 1969

Cool renders, thanks for showing those! There are several critters coming in the future, and yes I have plans on making a new squirrel some day.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,148
    edited December 1969

Hey Ivy, that squirrel looks great (especially the second pic) - I wish I'd known about the LAMH preset last time I needed to use the squirrel in RRRR!
    And Alessandro: looking forward to a new squirrel - will you have a red (European) option as well as a grey (North Americas) one? :pleading-eyes:

edited December 1969

I have to ask - what is Winterland? I see the little banner under Allesandro's posts. I don't see it in the store.

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Hey Ivy, that squirrel looks great (especially the second pic) - I wish I'd known about the LAMH preset last time I needed to use the squirrel in RRRR!
    And Alessandro: looking forward to a new squirrel - will you have a red (European) option as well as a grey (North Americas) one? :pleading-eyes:

Absolutely yes, several shape and texture presets!

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I have to ask - what is Winterland? I see the little banner under Allesandro's posts. I don't see it in the store.

It's a set of products that is about to be released that will deliver a large snow/winter landscape with several items and options like snowy spruces/oaks/bushes, dedicated cameras, lights, sky domes and shader, an habitable log cabin (w/o snow cover as well) and a new LAMH critter, the Caribou (with baby too) that will fit perfectly in that scenario.
    I posted some information on my FB; https://www.facebook.com/mastronardialex
    But I'll make sure to publish lot of info about this set in a few days...

edited December 1969

Here are two renders I posted a few days ago in DAZ Gallery...

winterland-and-log-cabin_full.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 413K
    winterland_full.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 425K
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

It's a set of products that is about to be released that will deliver a large snow/winter landscape with several items and options like snowy spruces/oaks/bushes, dedicated cameras, lights, sky domes and shader, an habitable log cabin (w/o snow cover as well) and a new LAMH critter, the Caribou (with baby too) that will fit perfectly in that scenario.
    I posted some information on my FB; https://www.facebook.com/mastronardialex
    But I'll make sure to publish lot of info about this set in a few days...
    Thanks, it looks nice.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,148
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

Absolutely yes, several shape and texture presets!
    :-) :-) :-) (Yes, I'm rather pleased with that reply!)
    Likely to be an immediate buy for me.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

For those that remember (and those who don't) I did the squirrel fur preset for Ikyoto, our squirrelly friend who has been fighting a lot of serious health problems/cancer. We were doing squirrelly renders for him.

edited December 1969

Cool renders, thanks for showing those! There are several critters coming in the future, and yes I have plans on making a new squirrel some day.

I look forward to seeing your squirrel. the skunk is cute so i know the squirrel will be as well.
    Ive just started to get the hang of LAMH.
    I have found the only way you can use LAMH in animation is to create single .png renders and put them together in premiere. to create the animation.
    I was trying to animate 2 squirrels chasing each other around a tree..lol

Squirrels_at_play2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 323K
    edited December 1969

For those that remember (and those who don't) I did the squirrel fur preset for Ikyoto, our squirrelly friend who has been fighting a lot of serious health problems/cancer. We were doing squirrelly renders for him.

its a cute preset glad you shared it :)