LAMH PLAYER: Open Beta... Renders and Discussions Thread. 1.5.13 UPDATE READY!

Comments

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

My apologies, my mistake.

I thought the 1.1 release was out as well. I jumped the gun. Please disregard my previous inquiry. I will go back to waiting for the 1.1 release again.

Thank you, Agent_Unawares.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850
    edited December 1969

Thanks for fixing up of the LAMH player, Alessandro and Kendall. Now saving the scenes with the hair applied via LAMH player works.
    Below is the DS 4.5 Pro render of V5 Lora with Tina Turnover hair preset.

V5Lora07pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 423K
  • MikeyFTLMikeyFTL Posts: 367
    edited December 1969

MikeyFTL said:
    I'm bummed.

All this player does is crash on me. It says it successfully loaded the preset, but then immediately crashes. Tried it with 5 different preset from Furrythings. Are there minimum video card requirements or something?

UPDATE:
    I read an ancient post about disabling Hardware Antialaising in EDIT/PREFERENCES/INTERFACE to resolve NVIDIA driver crashes. This fixed my problem, LAMH Player is now working nicely.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Thanks for fixing up of the LAMH player, Alessandro and Kendall. Now saving the scenes with the hair applied via LAMH player works.
    Below is the DS 4.5 Pro render of V5 Lora with Tina Turnover hair preset.

Thanks to you Artini for testing it! :)

edited December 1969

MikeyFTL said:
    MikeyFTL said:
    I'm bummed.

All this player does is crash on me. It says it successfully loaded the preset, but then immediately crashes. Tried it with 5 different preset from Furrythings. Are there minimum video card requirements or something?

UPDATE:
    I read an ancient post about disabling Hardware Antialaising in EDIT/PREFERENCES/INTERFACE to resolve NVIDIA driver crashes. This fixed my problem, LAMH Player is now working nicely.

Thanks for the find Mikey, we'll make sure to put this into the manual. BTW, are you running latest Nvidia drivers?

• fairyfantasticfairyfantastic Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

hi all ive had to put my daz to factory settings and re put my bete player back in plugins and its not showing up in the create tab can any one help please

edited December 1969

fairy_37 said:
    hi all ive had to put my daz to factory settings and re put my bete player back in plugins and its not showing up in the create tab can any one help please

are you sure the .dll is there? Does it show in the list of installed plugins?
    Please send me the Studio log file so that I can check what's going on. You already have my email...

• fairyfantasticfairyfantastic Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

mail sent hun x

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Well...someone had to do It :coolgrin:

Yeah, that is genesis under there. Half ways through the render I realized it would have been far easier if I just put the hair on a simple sphere.....but it all turned out.

Rawn

Opps...posted to wrong thread.....reposted in the other

Man now there's a blast from the past !!!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

We've been asked this a lot recently so I wanted to get it out there: Yes, Virginia, LAMH Player can load/save Wearable Presets...

Here's how:

Parent your Preset to the FIgure,
    go to File->Save As->Wearable(s) Preset...
    Give it a name, and there ya go... Bob's yer Uncle.

Kendall

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Hi Guys,

Any Idea when the Update to the Full Paid version of LAMH will be done.??

Cheers,

S.K.

edited December 1969

Hi Guys,

Any Idea when the Update to the Full Paid version of LAMH will be done.??

Cheers,

S.K.

Hi, an official announcement will be done the 1st of August.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

We've been asked this a lot recently so I wanted to get it out there: Yes, Virginia, LAMH Player can load/save Wearable Presets...

Here's how:

Parent your Preset to the FIgure,
    go to File->Save As->Wearable(s) Preset...
    Give it a name, and there ya go... Bob's yer Uncle.

Kendall

Glad you told me but Robert is actually my grandpa not my Uncle. ;)

• RbugRbug Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

ok big question here just got the look at my hair complete thingy. and well it is not showing up anywhere when i tried to open it all i get is the free player that i really like to play with but now would like to do a little hair creation myself...... so where is it please and do i need to remove the free player

Daz 4.6
    LAMH 1. both 64 bit.....

edited December 1969

Instructions are here:

http://www.furrythings.com/using-lamh-1-0-and-the-free-player/

Kendall

Rbug said:
    ok big question here just got the look at my hair complete thingy. and well it is not showing up anywhere when i tried to open it all i get is the free player that i really like to play with but now would like to do a little hair creation myself...... so where is it please and do i need to remove the free player

Daz 4.6
    LAMH 1. both 64 bit.....

• RbugRbug Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

Instructions are here:

Kendall

Rbug said:

Daz 4.6
    LAMH 1. both 64 bit.....

Thanks i did as the instructoins stated and well had to reload LAMH but it is now working yaya thanks again

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Hi, i'm not sure its a noted bug. But i have noticed that if i add a prop to genesis which was created for v4 or m4. Like a sword, dagger or arrow.
    The lamh preset changes name and seems to lose the connection to Genesis. Daz Studio becomes unstable afterwards. It seems to mainly be with hand props.

I was attempting to use the arcane archery arrows when i found this issue. As a work around i loaded the arrow into an empty scene and resaved it as a .duf file with compatibility set to Genesis and it then loaded correctly with no problems with Lamh.

I'm using mac 64bit version lamh player.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

I followed these instructions, and was able to get as far as registering the product (at least, I got an auth code at the furrythings site and entered it into the LAMH window) and then DS crashed. I can restart DS, but if I try to create a new LAMH object, DS crashes again.

This is DS 4.6.0.18 running on Windows 7.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled LAMH several times, including manually removing the Player dll, but no luck. Any suggestions? I'd really like to get this working.

(The player was working, once I downloaded some presets, but I wasn't happy with the quality. Maybe I should have stuck with the player and just tweaked the render settings for a while.. but everyone else is getting pretty renders, so I want to play too!)

Instructions are here:

Kendall

Rbug said:

Daz 4.6
    LAMH 1. both 64 bit.....

edited December 1969

OK. The dlls live in the plugins folder of DS4.

The easiest way to do this is as follows:

If you are currently seeing the player -- rename c:\program files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\lamhPlugin.64.dll to c:\program files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\lamhPlugin.64.dll_player

then install the 1.0 full plugin.

If you are currently seeing the full plugin -- Join the LAMH All Customers Beta and get the new 1.07 beta to play with :-)
    otherwise: rename c:\program files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\lamhPlugin.64.dll to c:\program files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\lamhPlugin.64.dll_full

and then install the player.

Kendall

zigraphix said:
    I followed these instructions, and was able to get as far as registering the product (at least, I got an auth code at the furrythings site and entered it into the LAMH window) and then DS crashed. I can restart DS, but if I try to create a new LAMH object, DS crashes again.

This is DS 4.6.0.18 running on Windows 7.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled LAMH several times, including manually removing the Player dll, but no luck. Any suggestions? I'd really like to get this working.

(The player was working, once I downloaded some presets, but I wasn't happy with the quality. Maybe I should have stuck with the player and just tweaked the render settings for a while.. but everyone else is getting pretty renders, so I want to play too!)

Instructions are here:

Kendall

Rbug said:

Daz 4.6
    LAMH 1. both 64 bit.....

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

So the new beta fixes crashing issues in cases where both the player and the full product have been installed?

Does this update still use the same licensing system? If so, does it correct the names of the codes required in the registration form? (I'm not a fan of licensing that requires me to visit a site and get a separate code-- I've already had DS-related products become unusable when I had to switch computers and the software author was no longer reachable.)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Does this update still use the same licensing system? If so, does it correct the names of the codes required in the registration form? (I'm not a fan of licensing that requires me to visit a site and get a separate code-- I've already had DS-related products become unusable when I had to switch computers and the software author was no longer reachable.)

Which is the reason for me not to buy LAMH ...

edited September 2013

zigraphix said:
    So the new beta fixes crashing issues in cases where both the player and the full product have been installed?

The new full plugin has the player built in. There's no need for the player separately. This was as it was always intended, however, external conditions changed and we were forced to release the player w/o a matching full.

The authorization is the same and uses the same .cfg that the current 1.0 does. We are working on a new system that is easier to work with. LAMH has MANY thousands of users and we've had numerous attempts at piracy. So far all piracy attempts have failed.

As for LAMH becoming unsupported, that won't happen as the auth servers are paid up for the next 10 years. And there is more support than just Alessandro and Kendall.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

How does one get this new release that has been announced as now out?

My product library entry still shows the original one.

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    How does one get this new release that has been announced as now out?

My product library entry still shows the original one.

This is not a General Release, yet. It is still a beta, however, we are letting all current LAMH full customers play with it if they wish.

To get in on the action to play: register at

bugzilla.look-at-my-hair.com

Kendall

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

Ooops!

I misread the player announcement - wishful thinking on my part.

I think I will wait till it is officially out before I try it out.

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    Ooops!

I misread the player announcement - wishful thinking on my part.

I think I will wait till it is officially out before I try it out.

This thread is a little misleading as it was old. here's the layout:

1.0 Full Plugin is available via the DAZ Store
    1.06.5 Player Plugin is available FREE in the DAZ store

1.07.02 Full Beta is available to LAMH Full customers via the beta site. When we're happy with it, 1.07 will show up in the store for all to get/purchase.

Kendall

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The authorization is the same and uses the same .cfg that the current 1.0 does. We are working on a new system that is easier to work with. LAMH has MANY thousands of users and we've had numerous attempts at piracy.

I was previously told that the next release would have the new licensing system. Now you say it's not going to. This means I will still not be able to use the product I paid for, since it is incapable figuring out the MAC address of the fixed Ethernet port in my laptop and instead latches on to the other MACs for interfaces that come and go (WiMAX modem, 3G modem, even my BlackBerry Playbook which looks to the host as an Ethernet NIC when connected for syncing). As such, every time I start LAMH, it thinks its unregistered and I have to get a new code. (Which I eventually gave up on.) Then change configuration of the machine (e.g., take the laptop from work to home) and its back to thinking its unregistered.

At this point, I have no faith I'll ever be able to use LAMH...

edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    The authorization is the same and uses the same .cfg that the current 1.0 does. We are working on a new system that is easier to work with. LAMH has MANY thousands of users and we've had numerous attempts at piracy.

I was previously told that the next release would have the new licensing system. Now you say it's not going to. This means I will still not be able to use the product I paid for, since it is incapable figuring out the MAC address of the fixed Ethernet port in my laptop and instead latches on to the other MACs for interfaces that come and go (WiMAX modem, 3G modem, even my BlackBerry Playbook which looks to the host as an Ethernet NIC when connected for syncing). As such, every time I start LAMH, it thinks its unregistered and I have to get a new code. (Which I eventually gave up on.) Then change configuration of the machine (e.g., take the laptop from work to home) and its back to thinking its unregistered.

At this point, I have no faith I'll ever be able to use LAMH...

Quite a jump you made there.

For those who have a current LAMH authorization, it will continue to work without changing anything in their current setup. For those who have *not* authorized LAMH yet, a different system is used.

Kendall

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

That was unclear from your original statement, which made it sound like a new authorization wouldn't be coming until a version AFTER this upcoming release.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

I just got the Mouse by JoeQuick with the LAMH preset but am having problems the Hair preset is setting the resolution of the figure back to Base and causing crashes, is there a fix for this its getting a bit annoying.
    Thanks