LAMH PLAYER: Open Beta... Renders and Discussions Thread. 1.5.13 UPDATE READY!

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited March 2013

1) Every time I click "Attach LAHM Preset" the window it opens is in Program Files, don't know about you but only an idiot keeps user files in there, especially since Vista.

2) Presets don't work right when applied to a morphed figure, they don't "take" the morph or scale, they appear to work fine if you apply them to an un-morphed figure and then dial up the morphs.

This is with 1.01 btw.

3) Studio just hard crashed when I went "File > New" on a scene with Genesis and a LAMH preset, no error messages and no log file was created.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac if its opening to program files it shouldn't, all the user files are in documents. that's clearly a bug, no "idiots" here if you please! ;) The rest i leave to Alessandro ... there's no log in your documents?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac if its opening to program files it shouldn't, all the user files are in documents. that's clearly a bug, no "idiots" here if you please! ;) The rest i leave to Alessandro ... there's no log in your documents?

For the Beta we let windows open the dialog where it wanted. In most cases, this will put the user in the last place they were when they used the file selection dialog. But not in all cases. I'll go back to pointing it at a default location and the user will have to navigate to the desired spot.

Kendall

edited December 1969

ah okay Kendall, good to know!

• edited March 2013

Bejaymac said:

-----------------------
    2) Presets don't work right when applied to a morphed figure, they don't "take" the morph or scale, they appear to work fine if you apply them to an un-morphed figure and then dial up the morphs.

This is with 1.01 btw.

3) Studio just hard crashed when I went "File > New" on a scene with Genesis and a LAMH preset, no error messages and no log file was created.
    -------------------------

Same problems here:(

Post edited by mario.cicalese2_d6b65131db on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

2) Take the JulieRuby Hair as an example, load genesis and dial up the basic child morph, then apply the hair, while it still attaches to the head it's huge on the kid as it hasn't taken the scale, you get the same result if you apply the hair to genesis and then dial up the kid morph, this preset just doesn't scale. The others that I have tried do scale, but only when you load the gray golem and apply the hair before you do anything else.

3) I should explain what I mean by a hard crash, it's when one second the program is running and the next second it's gone, no "the program encountered a problem" window or the DS little box with "please wait" in it, the program is just no longer running, a crash like that never leaves a log entry.

Now I'm getting this crash from two seperate things, first one happens everytime I go "File > New" with an LAMH preset in the scene.

The second crash is when I load a preset, find I either don't like it or it's the wrong one, delete it in the scene tab, and then try and load another preset either through the LAMH tab or the option in the "Create" menu, DS crashes when I click on the option, this one doesn't happen all of the time just most of the time.

I should add that this is with the WIN64 version on Vista HP 64 SP2.

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    2) Take the JulieRuby Hair as an example, load genesis and dial up the basic child morph, then apply the hair, while it still attaches to the head it's huge on the kid as it hasn't taken the scale, you get the same result if you apply the hair to genesis and then dial up the kid morph, this preset just doesn't scale. The others that I have tried do scale, but only when you load the gray golem and apply the hair before you do anything else.

This is correct. LAMH Player does not scale "length" of a hair asset based on the model size. The hair will "shrink" or "grow" to fit the change to the mesh, but the guide hair lengths will not change. On a short hair, this effect is less noticeable.

3) I should explain what I mean by a hard crash, it's when one second the program is running and the next second it's gone, no "the program encountered a problem" window or the DS little box with "please wait" in it, the program is just no longer running, a crash like that never leaves a log entry.

Starting with the 1.0.1 beta we changed the location of the log file to be in "Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio" because the lookatmyhairAM folder may not exist for all Player users.

Now I'm getting this crash from two seperate things, first one happens everytime I go "File > New" with an LAMH preset in the scene.

The second crash is when I load a preset, find I either don't like it or it's the wrong one, delete it in the scene tab, and then try and load another preset either through the LAMH tab or the option in the "Create" menu, DS crashes when I click on the option, this one doesn't happen all of the time just most of the time.

I should add that this is with the WIN64 version on Vista HP 64 SP2.

I'm tracking down the File->new issue.

Kendall

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Hello folks, first of all thanks for all the positive feedback and all the help you are providing to the PLAYER beta.

Thanks to it, we have been able to solve the File->New issue and the crash occurred when deleting a figure with LAMH nodes attached.

Player Beta 1.0.2 available for download at the same links provided in this thread initial message.

edited December 1969

As a followup: I'd like to thank Bejaymac and MCMXC for their assistance in tracking that little bugger!

Kendall

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Hiya,

Sorry I've not been testing this. With the player being in the way of the actual plugin I've begged off but wanted to know will there be a time when both will play well together? I hope so! Thanks!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hiya,

Sorry I've not been testing this. With the player being in the way of the actual plugin I've begged off but wanted to know will there be a time when both will play well together? I hope so! Thanks!

The plan is that the full LAMH plugin folks won't need the player at all. However, we wanted to add some extras for the interim 1.05 Plugin. So the full Plugin is running a tad late. :-(

Kendall

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I'll wait then. Thanks Kendall!

edited December 1969

Bother i can't find the other LAMH thread.... this seems to be the active thread at the moment.... heh.

So post my hair picture here! :)

MeridiaM3.jpg
    1100 x 1100 - 840K
  • edited March 2013

Hi, I have tried the new version of the player.

And... well... sorry to say this, but there are still problems:(

Now it won't crash anymore when creating a new scene, but the problems in the other situations are still on...

I mean...

1) Loading a LAMH preset. Then delete it, and load another preset: DAZ Crashes.

2) Loading a LAMH preset. Then delete Genesis, load a new scene, load another LAMH preset and try to render: DAZ stops the render saying "RENDER ERROR". If I try again it answers:"CAN'T RENDER: RENDERER IS ALREADY IN USE".

(And the logfile is not being created!!!!)

Maybe... I should specify that I use the 64 bit version on Windows 8? In the About version of Studio is still signed as "version 1.0.0.0" http://i46.tinypic.com/2re6t1d.jpg

Post edited by mario.cicalese2_d6b65131db on
    edited December 1969

MCMXC said:
    Hi, I have tried the new version of the player.

And... well... sorry to say this, but there are still problems:(

Now it won't crash anymore when creating a new scene, but the problems in the other situations are still on...

I mean...

1) Loading a LAMH preset. Then delete it, and load another preset: DAZ Crashes.

2) Loading a LAMH preset. Then delete Genesis, load a new scene, load another LAMH preset and try to render: DAZ stops the render saying "RENDER ERROR". If I try again it answers:"CAN'T RENDER: RENDERER IS ALREADY IN USE".

(And the logfile is not being created!!!!)

Maybe... I should specify that I use the 64 bit version on Windows 8? In the About version of Studio is still signed as "version 1.0.0.0" http://i46.tinypic.com/2re6t1d.jpg

It could be a Windows 8 issue.

Kendall

• edited December 1969

Then, we have to wait for other Win 8's users to report similar problems, right?

edited December 1969

MCMXC said:
    Then, we have to wait for other Win 8's users to report similar problems, right?

Nope. I'll break down and purchase Wait (w8) today and test your situation. I have all other versions of Windows.

Kendall

• edited December 1969

Buy W8 just for it??? It's not worthing, really!!!!

edited December 1969

MCMXC said:
    Buy W8 just for it??? It's not worthing, really!!!!

I really should have it. Especially to test for situations like yours. I've been putting it off for too long.

Kendall

edited December 1969

brave soul! I've heard such awful opinions of windows 8. *shudder*

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,754
    edited March 2013

Well...someone had to do It :coolgrin:

Yeah, that is genesis under there. Half ways through the render I realized it would have been far easier if I just put the hair on a simple sphere.....but it all turned out.

Rawn

Opps...posted to wrong thread.....reposted in the other

IT.jpg
    768 x 886 - 274K
    Post edited by RawArt on
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

brave soul! I've heard such awful opinions of windows 8. *shudder*

Nothing wrong with W8 - (once you install a start menu mod and get it booting straight to desktop and not into the MetroUI) :)
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited March 2013

It also look cool for NPR :)
    Some problems with Mavka scale, hair curve in her. I applied Makva, next scale her at 100% and Its works best.

LAMH06.png
    745 x 860 - 662K
    LAMH05.png
    745 x 860 - 658K
    LAMH04.png
    745 x 860 - 638K
    LAMH02.png
    663 x 860 - 755K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited March 2013

My toon shader override LAMH shader!!! It was an accident, hair wasn't selected when shader was applied. I had selected Hitomi brows. Then, Is possible apply any shader in this hair?

LAMH07.png
    663 x 860 - 556K
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    My toon shader override LAMH shader!!! It was an accident, hair wasn't selected when shader was applied. I had selected Hitomi brows. Then, Is possible apply any shader in this hair?

Yes. Any shader will work with LAMH. Even for the OBJs.

Kendall

• MikeyFTLMikeyFTL Posts: 367
    edited December 1969

I'm bummed.

All this player does is crash on me. It says it successfully loaded the preset, but then immediately crashes. Tried it with 5 different preset from Furrythings. Are there minimum video card requirements or something?

error.jpg
    589 x 723 - 371K
    edited December 1969

MikeyFTL said:
    I'm bummed.

All this player does is crash on me. It says it successfully loaded the preset, but then immediately crashes. Tried it with 5 different preset from Furrythings. Are there minimum video card requirements or something?

Try updating your drivers. Also, please send the logfile.txt file from "/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio" to krsears (at) trdc.biz.

Kendall

edited March 2013

Results with pwToon are very good. With my own toonshader outline are lost, with pwtoon a cool outline effect is shown. The only problem is time to render, with a simple light I need 30 minutes to render this simple scene, time consumed for hair area.

LAMH08.png
    638 x 860 - 528K
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited March 2013

EDIT: ***Disregard. My mistake***

Alessandro/Kendall:

I reset my LAMH 1.0 purchase for the update today (waited a week to make sure it would propagate), but my download is still showing 1.0.0.0.

How can I get the 1.0.2 update if DAZ just resets it to 1.0.0.0?

Is there another way to get it directly from you?

I don't want to waste another limited DAZ reset which in all likelihood will again yield the 1.0.0.0.

Anyone else report experiencing this issue?

Thank you in advance for your attention, and help.

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

It's the beta of the player that's version 1.0.2.