Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754

Horo, your abstract looks like a scifi map of some space tube lines; very nice. The crater render is great; you hardly can go wrong with landscapes, it appears.

adbc, great colours in your render. I like the blueish, greenish, yellowish reflections.

Mermaid: wonderful metalic abstract.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,092

Hansmar : thank you.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,104

Thank you Hansmar.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,981

Thanks Hansmar

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 845
    edited August 2021

@Horo, adbc, mermaid010: Thank you.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited August 2021

@Horo: Superb crater landscape. The next impact seems not to be too fare away
    @adbc: Nice landscape. I like this big moon. Maybe the waves are a bit too big?
    @mermaid010: Lovely abstract. I have no idea how to achive it.
    @Hansmar: Thank you for bringing back Cloudscape in my mind.

Here my newest image. I call it "A Tendency Towards Kitsch" :-) There are three spheres with volumetric clouds material.

A Tendency Towards Kitsch

A tendency towards kitsch.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 361K
    edited August 2021

Electro-Elvis - thank you. I don't find your render kitschy. Early morning, perhaps with rising fog, very solemn; great subtle lighting, too.

A terrain converted into a lattice makes the rock, in the background the same terrain but not as lattice. Another two terrains for the water. 2D-Faces with birds by Clarence Tippetts, the clouds are a volumetric slab, the HMS Victory from DAZ (their store notes all software that can use this asset, except Bryce and every example render shown has the label Rendered in Bryce). I had to render it twice, network render on 4 machines was faster, looked good except the foliages on the Bryce trees got queer colours. I had to render it again conventionally to get everything right.

Lone Rock

LoneRock.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 250K
    Post edited by Horo on

Electro-Elvis - Thanks, abstracts are easy to do but very addictive. Looking forward to seeing your Kitsch render.

Horo - amazing seascape, the sea and lighting are prefect.

edited August 2021

mermaid - thank you.

As above, only one 2D-Face with the birds, the rock in the focus as anaglyph. Here you can see what a lousy job I made to place the vegetation. When viewed in 3D, such mishaps become obvious.

Lone Rock Anaglyph

LoneRockAna.jpg
    870 x 1000 - 344K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2021

Horo - the anaglyph is cool and the vegetation is not bad.

Another Panoramic Abstract using a modified source file from the Hdri4Fun product, and an Hdri from Exotic Hdri for Fantasy Skies, it’s a bit busy but I like it.

sphere-cube-exotic.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - thank you. Beautiful abstract, not overly busy, I like it a lot.

Electro-Elvis - a lovely render, the clouds are great.

Horo - thanks

electro-elvis, I fully agree with Horo. Subtle lights and colours.

Horo, great rock, wonderful perspective.

Mermaid, Flashy abstract, looks like a party!

Electro-Elvis : thank you. Awesome landscape, the clouds and lighting are very well done.

Horo : the seascape is great, the anaglyph is cool, the rock comes out of the scene and the greenery looks OK to me.

mermaid : I like your abstract, very beautiful colours.

Thank you Hansmar and adbc.

Thanks Hansmar and Adbc

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449
    edited August 2021

after seeing drachenlords sea I thought as i haven't done waves I would draw a terrain in TE and put some ocean water  material on it bit of a sad attempt really but early days and still experimenting

ocean10.png
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by spuddy on

spuddy - the rolling waves look good, the material needs some tweaking. Remember: water is transparent and has a refraction idex of around 1.33 (Refraction setting 133).

edited August 2021

Thanks Horo not my strong point it was set at 126 ..had another go slightly more complex terrain refraction at 133

ocean15.png
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by spuddy on

Spuddy - nice attempts, the 2nd one is better.

Spuddy, nice work. The second is indeed better, also because of better light on the buoy.

spuddy : good work, I agree with the others : the second one is much better.

edited August 2021

Thanks everyone..... yes hopefully it was a positive evolvement from the first........ bit of a tricky one this sea business well for me anyway so thanks again for the input

Post edited by spuddy on

spuddy - yes, an improvement. I think you worked on the lighting. The difference of Refraction 126 to 133 doesn't make that much of a difference.

edited August 2021

thanks Horo it was a completely new render from scratch so yes the position of the sun  was probably different ......it did cross my mind that the refraction on the first one was near enough to not make much difference but then it's all a bit of a mystery to me

Post edited by spuddy on
    edited August 2021

Like the Ice Palace on the previous page but this time the terrain was converted to a lattice and the camera at another place. The material is mostly reflecting, colour and light by the Rainbow HDRI.

Queer Place

QueerPlace.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 424K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2021

Horo  super cool colours I like it

another terrain drawn in TE trying to simulate a choppy sea

wasn't sure about the colour so changed it

ocean20a.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    ocean21a.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on
    edited August 2021

Horo, mermaid010, Hansmar, adbc: Thank you very much.

Spuddy your waves look really good. Waves with foam is topic, that I have been dealing with for a longer time, mostly with not too convincing results. My approach is using a second terrain for the foam. Your picture inspired me to try it again. My image was done quite quickly, but I think it is a start. I like the background better than the foreground.

Waves and foam

wellen.jpg
    1000 x 562 - 289K
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited August 2021

Hello everyone.

Slowly getting back to Bryce after a pause.

This time, played around replicating instances to make this fantasy environment.

Critique would be very welcomed, as i'm still new and learning. So i need to know what i do wrong and how to make better.

Thanks for your attention.

Post edited by akmerlow on

Thanks Electro -Elvis your sea is very realistic from the angle of the viewer in your picture  i like it a lot ... I was trying to simulate the swell of the waves in a terrain  viewed at a lower angle 

This discussion has been closed.