Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited July 2021

mermaid - yes, setting up the scene can take a while but some is made up with the shorter time to render.

adbc - looks great, could also be under water.

The sea shells came with Bryce 5.5. They are reflecting and with the camera within a transparent and reflecting sphere. Again with the "Unlit Bright" method. The green colour by the sun, the others by the WpH21_SC HDRI from Hypertextures Base.

Sea Shells Ncp

The same setup, additionally Color Perspective for more colours. Haze had to be balanced and the HDRI rotated by 5°, otherwise exactly the same as above.

Sea Shells

Though it took me many hours fiddling and experimenting, both rendered premium with 64 rays per pixel in 10 minutes.

SeaShellsNcp.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 130K
    SeaShells.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 132K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955
    edited July 2021

Adbc – very nice effect, I agree with Horo could be a nice underwater scene.

Horo – another amazing, colorful render, beautifully lit, without light sources.

This time I went abstract. For the 2nd I used a Hdri Coloured3 from the Exotic set

haze-fog7.jpg
    700 x 700 - 232K
    haze-fog8-color.jpg
    700 x 700 - 273K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - thank you. The reflecting tori and spheres looks great. The second is dramatic.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Horo, mermaid : thank you.

Horo : The shells are beautiful and bright coloured, cool renders.

mermaid : the abstracts are stunning, especially the second one.

Thank you adbc.

Thanks Horo and Adbc

edited July 2021

The objects : strange objects from Stephen Ray : strange torus 2, inside a sphere with a transparent and reflective material, and Icosahedron.
    The fog was reduced until the whole object was visible, added an HDRI for the red colour, the sun : green.

lightless scene.jpg
    800 x 456 - 58K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited July 2021

adbc - that render came out excellent.

A more conventional render, ambient light and sky from the GoldenSun_Enh HDRI from the free Golden Lighting set. The sculpture Robotic ver 1.0 (richter) is available for free without registration at bryce5.com > 3ds Models.

Sculpture in Lake

SculptureInLake.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 233K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37
    edited July 2021

adbc - love the murky strangeness of your render, eerie and a bit on the sinister-side.

mermaid010 - love the floating form in the 2nd image the great simpicity in color holding all that energetic form

Horo - your Sibonik church image really illustrates this render technique very well, taking mental notes to try.Beautiful!

Post edited by mdk1960 on
  • mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37

More and more immersed in a mythic, archaic New World, so...

Foreground figure and objects are 2d picture objects/details from Daz Studio, 8 lattice objects, 3 terrains & several lights, the "Thermals" sky from Bryce and rendered in Bryce.

And the final painted version to subdue finer detail to allow the viewer a chance to step back a bit.

unknown-territory1.png
    1650 x 1222 - 3M
    unknown-territoryA_ateelatok.png
    1650 x 1221 - 3M

Horo, mdk : thank you.

Horo : awesome image, great atmposphere, beautiful object.

mdk : wow, outstanding render.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Quite some great renders. Being absent from the forum for a couple of days and already too much to react too. Well done all.

Adbc - wow an awesome render love the colors.

Horo - another excellent render, love it.

Mdk - thanks,  super render, what program did you use for the painting effect.

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449
    edited July 2021

really great and interesting renders ...very inspiring kudos everyone

painterly render

painterly 1.png
    3200 x 1592 - 7M
    Post edited by spuddy on
    edited July 2021

mdk1960 - thank you. Two very interesting works, the coloured one looks great.

adbc - thank you.

Hansmar - thanks.

mermaid - thank you.

spuddy - thanks. Nicely done city scene. The black shadows with the hard edges are special.

The objects came from Daz 3D with Bryce 5.5. They are made visible by Specular, Reflection and black Metallicity. They stand on the Seamless Backdrop by Fencepost. Reflection and Specular by an HDRI, no sun, no lights.

Two Shells

And here the anaglyph.

Two Shells Anaglyph

TwoShells.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 157K
    TwoShellsAna.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 218K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 2021

Hansmar, mermaid, spuddy : thank you.

spuddy : beautiful city scene.

Horo : nice presentation of the shells, the anaglyph is awesome.

Did a test with a terrain, lightless method.

lightless terrain test6.jpg
    800 x 640 - 78K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - thank you. Your lightless landscape came out great. It looks like a glacier between mountains.

Horo : thank you.

Spuddy - very nice render, I like the effect

Horo - amazing results, love the colors, the anaglyph is awesome.

Adbc - I agree with Horo, very nice render, looks like a glacier between mountains

edited July 2021

mermaid - thank you.

The Level 19 building by Stonemason (now Daz Original) lit by around 60 radials, some with soft shadows, a bit ambient light by the WhiteSphere HDRI and some Haze. Placing the radials took a bit more than a few minutes. The conventional render has a horizontal angle of view of 95°.

Still Lit

This one has the EWL (extreme whide angle fisheye lens) in front of the camera and we get a horizontal angle of 122°. I find this one more dramatic. After all, it is an abandoned, empty building that is still lit.

Still Lit Wide

StillLit.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 153K
    StillLitWide.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 115K
    Post edited by Horo on

mermaid : thank you.

Horo : the empty buiding is beautifully lit, the one with the EWL is indeed more dramatic.

Thank you adbc.

Beautiful work Horo, I also agree the one with the EWL is awesome.

• leonrleonr Posts: 0

You'll have to forgive me for the simplicity of some of these renders. I'm blown away by the realism of many in this thread! I only recently started using Bryce 7.1 and am more accustomed not only to the feel of older Bryce versions, but the trends associated with them as well (which leaned towards more surreal elements, at least in my experience). cheeky

mermaid - thank you.

lemonish - welcome to this forum. I hope you will get the hang of Bryce 7.1 in no time. No matter what you attempt: realistic, toon, surreal, ... it can be done in 7.1. Your three examples look great, the first is my favourite (so far) and I hope to see more from you.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited July 2021

@adbc: Great render with the terrain. It looks really really cold.
    @Horo: Superb light. I do love it. Very well done
    @Lemonish: Excellent. I also like the first one best.

I played around a bit with a HDRI background and the correct lighting for the character in the foreground. Here HDRI effect is set to Zero, but "True Ambience Optimization" is still select. The character is light up with an sphere light with "Falloff = None". This reduced the render time noticeably.

The character is wearing a Renaissance Peasant Tunic. There are some things in this image, which are not really correct in a historical matter. For example I think corn was not know in Europe in the period of Renaissance ;-) And he has a really neat haircut. But historical accurracy was not the goal of my image :-D

g3mpeasant.jpg
    1100 x 825 - 548K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

lemonish : Great images, the first one has also my preference.

Electro-Elvis : thank you. Excellent render, awesome lighting.

Electro-Elvis - great presentation of this character. Very realistic lighting.

edited July 2021

Lemonish - very nice renders, the first is no doubt superb. Welcome to the forum hope to see more of your work.

Electro-Elvis - very nice render, nice setup and lighting.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited July 2021

A terrain and two in the distance with 2D-Faces below for the water. The building was made in Incendia a while ago. In front a river full of water, in the near background an almost empty river bed with a trickle with sandy water.

Meandering River

MeanderingRiver.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 289K
    Post edited by Horo on
This discussion has been closed.