The We Will Miss You, Chohole Complaint Thread

TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
This discussion was created from comments split from: The My Bucket's Got a Hole In It Complaint thread.

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...+1

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    Okay, I'm up, I think? Nope I want to go back to sleep.
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995

TJohn said:

+ 1000

I forgot what I was going to say. Watching a confusing puppy cartoon. Storms can be quieted by saying something nice to it?
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

Oh, it's here y'all went! Good to know this thread's still around. Where else would I be lurking when I can't sleep? Lovely day to you all, or lovely night, depending. Looking forward to your newest complaints and non-complaints and especially the 'wheeeeees'! wink

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited July 2021

When it hits 101 pages we split it to make a new thread and put a link to the new thread in the end of the old one.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    Thank you Frank!

tsroemi said:

Oh, it's here y'all went! Good to know this thread's still around. Where else would I be lurking when I can't sleep? Lovely day to you all, or lovely night, depending. Looking forward to your newest complaints and non-complaints and especially the 'wheeeeees'! wink

Insane pseudo-factual narratives and discordant stream of thought alternate universe Faulkneresque rantings too?

I can do that.

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344

Miss you Chohole... "Speak softly and carry a big stick"

Chohole

edited July 2021

Sfariah said:

I forgot what I was going to say. Watching a confusing puppy cartoon. Storms can be quieted by saying something nice to it?

1- Can't help with that but I'll try... Was it weather related?... Did it involve any descriptions of a complex series of rudimentary lathes and pulleys?... Were there any references to flamingos or pelicans in it?... Was there a tune or theme music involved anywhere in the statement?... Could it have contained any new theories about the ancient polydactyl space cats that accidentally destroyed Atlantis?... Was the word Peanut Butter used anywhere in the statement or thought?...  If so, that's really coincidental, because I have a feeling I was thinking the same thing about that same time...

2- Was the cartoon by or for puppies?... Because puppies are usually bad at directing and drawing cartoons, so I can understand how confusing that would be... I once read a book by a capybara and it had a disjointedly predictable plot line...

3- Or invoking strong magical spells involving large quantities of bacon.

At least that's what I used to tell people... it actually worked a few times (the getting bacon part from strangers, not the storm quelling) but apparently my definition of "large quantities of bacon" is vastly different than that of other individuals, so I kinda shelved that venture.

EDITED TO ADD... My bad, I just looked it up and apparently Clive Cussler in not a capybara... maybe it was that book by that scary looking Sasquatch guy with the glasses... I forget his name... it's not important, I'll forget this in ten minutes anyway.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

The Sword & Socery contest reminded me dragons, Merlin, and King Arthur, which reminded me of Chohole, so I decided to have that famous Welsh Red Dragon, along with Merlin, and King Arthur, in my contest entries for a laugh. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

TJohn said:

yesyes 

@ TJohn: Congratulations on getting the new thread. Nice title selection.

What is a capybara?
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited July 2021

It's a rodent from Central and South America

Edit to add: https://www.bing.com/search?q=capybara&pc=COSP&ptag=A5A565453D9&form=CONBNT

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139

tsroemi said:

Wheee...!yes 

edited July 2021

Sfariah said:

What is a capybara?

It's a 150 pound rat that looks like a red haired Scottish Terrier dog with a swollen face and amputated ears.frown  But as big as, and twice as heavy as, a large German Shepherd dog.surprise

Capybara.jpg
    474 x 316 - 32K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    I thought it was a giant chicken like monster?
    edited July 2021
    Or the monster which causes glitches in the matrix.
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited July 2021
    Or make one post multiply like guppies?
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • jd641jd641 Posts: 419

This is not really a complaint post or maybe it is... it's like a "choose your own adventure" but for complaints!

I really wasn't sure where to ask this so I'm asking this here, I'm looking for some nice, preferably free, PS CS5 compatible photo filters. All I have are the stock ones that CS5 can loaded with when it was released and I've never really had the need to look for more until now.

Can we attach OBJ and MTL files?

I made this and I was wondering if I can attach it here in case anyone wants to use it...

The OBJ is 2.8 MB and the MTL is 275 bytes... the diffuse map is 396 kb and the normal map is 1.6 MB...

The textures are an approximation of the the ones portrayed in Chohole's iconic avatar image... actually the whole thing is a lame approximation... and it was semi-auto unwrapped in 3D coat... the textures and scale would need to be adjusted in Studio as it's settings are whatever the hell 3D Coat exports them as.

edited July 2021

Megh... looks like I can't... I've seen people do this before... how'd they manage that?

Forum keeps say that kind of file (obj) isn't allowed.

Did I imagine people posting OBJs?

Pthpbpbthpt* on poopy forum software...

(*Approximation of what I think blowing a raspberry is spelled like as based on Calvin and Hobbs)

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

McGyver said:

Megh... looks like I can't... I've seen people do this before... how'd they manage that?

(*Approximation of what I think blowing a raspberry is spelled like as based on Calvin and Hobbs)

I think that if you zip it up into a zip file you should be able to attach it 

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    Maybe attach is as a zip?

frank0314 said:

When it hits 101 pages we split it to make a new thread and put a link to the new thread in the end of the old one.

...thank you  

McGyver said:

I made this and I was wondering if I can attach it here in case anyone wants to use it...

The OBJ is 2.8 MB and the MTL is 275 bytes... the diffuse map is 396 kb and the normal map is 1.6 MB...

The textures are an approximation of the the ones portrayed in Chohole's iconic avatar image... actually the whole thing is a lame approximation... and it was semi-auto unwrapped in 3D coat... the textures and scale would need to be adjusted in Studio as it's settings are whatever the hell 3D Coat exports them as.

...sweet. 

Charlie Judge said:

McGyver said:

I think that if you zip it up into a zip file you should be able to attach it 

I'm on my iPad at the moment, so I don't think I can do that from here (there's probably an app that does that though), but I'll give it a shot later from one of the computers... 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209

McGyver said:

Definitely attach as a zip and you might be asked to post in the Freebies section, don't quote me on that cause they may allow it here.

Love the new name of the new thread, great way to remember her.  

edited July 2021

Complaint:  Arghhh...  ASUS hardware. Yay!yes  But ASUS software sucks royal swampwater.  Boo!no  I've spent the last three hours trying to install ASUS SYNC software (or whatever the current name for their piece-of-shunt RGB lighting controller is called).  I'm able to get it installed but it never finds any controllable RGB devices.  The ASUS webpage says that their software works with "All TUF-GAMING motherboards".  And the user's manual for my motherboard says it supports ASUS SYNC.  And the BIOS even provides a quick way to download and install the ASUS lighting software.   Well, poop.cheeky  That software doesn't work for me on this machine.angry  I have a couple of small lights on my "ASUS TUF-GAMING-Plus-II" motherboard and an RGB lightstrip plugged into the RGB header on the motherboard.  And I've been able to get that software to work on my other RGB equipped computers.

I don't know what's still wrong.  ASUS RGB header is "ON".  The light strip works in default rainbow mode before the software is installed.  But after the software is installed and invoked, it finds no controllable devices.

OK, so I give up on ASUS's software and decide to try Corsair's iCUE software instead.  Same problem.  No controllable devices detected.  So, I thought that maybe I need a BIOS update for the motherboard.  And I spent the last hour trying to figure out how to use ASUS's BIOS level configuration software to perform their preferred method of doing a BIOS update and I can't seem to find the new BIOS file I downloaded.  I even put the BIOS file on an erased thumbdrive and it still didn't find it.crying

Question:  Should the thumbdrive be formatted in FAT mode instead of NTFS format?indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
This discussion has been closed.