The We Will Miss You, Chohole Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    I want to do something useful but I don't feel like choosing which task to start with.
    Lunch time first. Yummy chicken nuggets taste better than crunchy gold nuggets.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited July 2021

certaintree38 said:

kyoto kid said:

N_R Arts said:

Nice title, TJohn. 

Oh, I'm sick of trying to light this scene!  It's 10-20 minutes before I can get a preview of the scene to work, just to see how its lit.

Argh!  This PBR Skin Shader is getting on my nerves!

That seller is avoiding me. Either he hasn't sent my 3D Printed figure, or it's lost in the post. If that's the case, I can see why he can't/won't let me leave a review for him.

Great. Now I've found Star Trek stuff that I like (on a certain arts and craft website)! 

I wish we didn't live near other people. I could really do with going outside and screaming for a few minutes (not that it'll help).

...yeah I added two IES profile lights ot a scene and after 2hrs and 35 min it was only 87% converged. (this is with a 12GB Titan-X that has 3072 cores). 

Without the IES lights it rendered in about 30 min but looked more "meh". 

How do you make your IES lights? I tried adding a few free ones to headlights in my last render, and it only succeeded in making the centers black. It may have been a geometry thing, but if you have any tips, I've love to hear them. 

...I actually have a couple sets sold here in teh store. The one I was using were the Horror And Action Lights For Figures And Vehicles which are preset IES profiles to create effects such as vehicle headlamps, electric, torches. actual spotlights & such. 

I had two profiles from the set in the scene (interior) and the render time jumped from about 45 min to over two and a half hours before I stopped it. The progress was at just under 20,000 iterations and there was still a bit of noise.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Complaint : Trying to buy some items  using Amazon pay and the cart freezes and won't let me purchase .....ugh!!

I'm so frustrated with my roommate. Also one of my housemates think I'm jealous instead of frustrated.
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,452

Sfariah said:

I'm so frustrated with my roommate. Also one of my housemates think I'm jealous instead of frustrated.

I was about to comment when I started wondering... Why do you have separate pronouns for third person based on their anatomical elements?... In Finland, we don't care which elements the third person has in "hänen" (finnish for his/hers) pants...

Anyways, maybe he/she was right, you are jealous of him/her not being frustrated cheeky

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

Well, I wish I asked the vet for an anti-emetic. Maybe then, I wouldn't have choked on my acid reflux in my sleep. 

There's a massive spider outside the front door. Any bigger, and it'll be like the Arachne enemy from Devil May Cry 3 ^^'

Flippin' messages. I wish I had the drive and concentration to get everything done in one go (a bit like Data in Star Trek:TNG).

There's someone on eBay who makes Spice Girls Viva Forever fairies out of polymer clay. They're brilliant! But they sell (auction only) for £100-£200+. It's a pity that I'm not a skilled sculptor. I'd re-create all five of them for 3D printing. Posh Spice would be first - but she would be mine ^^ 

I need another bookcase.

PerttiA said:

Sfariah said:

I was about to comment when I started wondering... Why do you have separate pronouns for third person based on their anatomical elements?... In Finland, we don't care which elements the third person has in "hänen" (finnish for his/hers) pants...

Anyways, maybe he/she was right, you are jealous of him/her not being frustrated cheeky

I guess. I also noticed that my roommate seems to prefer other residents over me.
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,171
    edited July 2021

Complaint:  Graphic cards are now available but prices are still sky high.  When I recently built my baby-bear computer, its CPU is an AMD Ryzen5-1400, without built-in graphics on the CPU.  So I needed a graphics card.  I rummaged around in my used parts boxes and found an opened but essentially new MSI GeForce-GT-730.  Yeah, it's old but it's a graphics card and it has 3 output ports (HDMI, DVI, VGA) but only 2GB of DDR3 RAM and just 96 CUDA cores.  Yeah, puny.  But it works, sort of.frown

The computer is attached to two different resolution monitors, (DVI=1080, and HDMI=2K).  As long as I only use the 1080 resolution monitor on the DVI port, it works fine.  I tried disconnecting the DVI line but the problem still happens.  What it comes down to is that if I let it use the 2K resolution monitor via the HDMI line it sometimes blacks out the screen for a few seconds, especially when loading busy (i.e. complicated) web browser pages.  And sometimes it just flat out crashes and reboots without warning and only a brief flash of an error message indicating graphic card problems. (*sigh*)sad

The whole purpose of the HDMI port on that machine was to permit it to join my family of computers that all have access to my primary display (the 2K monitor) via an HDMI KSM-switch.   So now I discover that that computer is not stable when outputting to my wonderful new 2K monitor.  Which brings me back to my complaint about high prices for graphics cards.indecision

I suspect that the old GT-730 graphics card just ain't built to handle 2K monitors so I'm in the market for something a little better.  But even a 4GB GTX-1050 is still over $300 and a 6GB GTX-1660 is over $450.  I checked my records and found my original MSI "VENTUS-XS-6G-OC GTX-1660" was only $193 in Jan. of 2020.  

A check on the specifications for the old GT-730 card reveals that it should be able to handle 2560x1600 resolution but it's having trouble either with the 2K monitor, or its resolution, or the HDMI cable.  I can't seem to find any newer drivers for it.  I've now disconnected the HDMI cable and am running only the DVI connection to the 1080 monitor and the system appears to be stable.  But now I can't use the KVM switch to link it to my big monitor and primary keyboard & mouse & speakers.  In order to use that computer I now have to turn my chair 90 degrees and pull out the permanently attached keyboard & mouse for that machine.  Life is so tough.cheeky

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

N_R Arts said:

There's a massive spider outside the front door. Any bigger, and it'll be like the Arachne enemy from Devil May Cry 3 ^^'

This one?

Complaint:

The forum software can't count... it keep saying lies about the number of new messages added to a thread since last I visited... it just said there were 37 new messages when there were actually four. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,148

PerttiA said:

Sfariah said:

English isn't so bad in that respect. Most other European languages gender every single noun 

Gordig said:

PerttiA said:

Sfariah said:

English isn't so bad in that respect. Most other European languages gender every single noun 

Yeah... Having studied 3 foreign languages at school (english/swedish/german), it was a pain in the butté, and completely incomprihencible for us as to why, do they get married and produce offspring?

When two people are talking about a third one that neither of them knows, do they go and check the third ones anatomical elements before they can talk about the third one?

I feel like my world is collasping into a black hole that I can't escape from.
    I feel like a fail-a-lot person.

McGyver said:

N_R Arts said:

This one?

Uhhhhh *cold shudder*... Nope... Thanks for the nightmares, though laugh

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Subtropic Pixel said:

TJohn, thanks for naming the thread to honor Chohole.

So Florida's not the only place with scanty.  When I used to live in Southern Indiana, the li'l HS and local college girls used to do that thing, dressing with a bikini or just bikini bottoms and have a pair of jean shorts over the top of that, but unbuttoned and unzipped in front.  I through it was odd when somebody told me what to expect during the summer festivals such as the speedboat races on the Ohio River, or the Oktoberfest in ... wait, was that in September?  Yeah, I think it was.  Well, no matter. 

My friend was right, that's how they dressed.  It was all about being seen.  And even though that part of the US is part of the Bible Belt, it was a thing.  I don't know of anybody complaining...except for the dads who were watching every boy who's eyes their daughters might catch, lol!  And yeah, some of othose dads had gun racks on the back window of their pickup trucks.

Oh, and the humidity in Southern Indiana/Northern Kentucky was WORSE than it is in Florida, if you can imagine such a thing!  At least in Orlando, you can bolt for one coast or the other if you want to get some relief.

I was just in Aurora, IN, Rising Sun, IN (gambling steamboat docked there for those that like that), and Rabbit Hash, KY on the Ohio & you're not joking. It was like a steam sauna you couldn't exit. Loved the towns & scenery though. Well kept up.  

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver said:

Sfariah said:

I got an email about Speakeasy and looked it up. Apparently there is a modern version of a speakeasy except that it is legal. I think the original wasn't legal.

Well, Prohibition ended in 1933, so technically speakeasies were only illegal for 13 years... I'm not sure how long the software was illegal, but I'm sure the clandestine use of it was what led to the Great Ampersand and Colon Shortage of 1993... 

Thats a bad joke if I'm not right about the specialness of ampersands and colons in the original Speakeasy code.

In general just assume anything I say is a bad joke.

Not difficult.  But we laugh anyway. yes

Yes we do!  McGyver's posts often challenge the literary smartass that lives inside me.  wink

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

nonesuch00 said:

Subtropic Pixel said:

TJohn, thanks for naming the thread to honor Chohole.

So Florida's not the only place with scanty.  When I used to live in Southern Indiana, the li'l HS and local college girls used to do that thing, dressing with a bikini or just bikini bottoms and have a pair of jean shorts over the top of that, but unbuttoned and unzipped in front.  I through it was odd when somebody told me what to expect during the summer festivals such as the speedboat races on the Ohio River, or the Oktoberfest in ... wait, was that in September?  Yeah, I think it was.  Well, no matter. 

My friend was right, that's how they dressed.  It was all about being seen.  And even though that part of the US is part of the Bible Belt, it was a thing.  I don't know of anybody complaining...except for the dads who were watching every boy who's eyes their daughters might catch, lol!  And yeah, some of othose dads had gun racks on the back window of their pickup trucks.

Oh, and the humidity in Southern Indiana/Northern Kentucky was WORSE than it is in Florida, if you can imagine such a thing!  At least in Orlando, you can bolt for one coast or the other if you want to get some relief.

I was just in Aurora, IN, Rising Sun, IN (gambling steamboat docked there for those that like that), and Rabbit Hash, KY on the Ohio & you're not joking. It was like a steam sauna you couldn't exit. Loved the towns & scenery though. Well kept up.  

Yep.  I lived in Evansville when they built the complex for the riverboat there.  Went one time with some work friends on the boat.  It was kind of weird, there was a big controversy when the Henderson (KY) sheriff, who was rabidly anti-gambling, reportedly said that if that riverboat ever went on the Kentucky side of the river, he would stop it and arrest not only captain and crew, but every gambler on the boat.

So the boat captain's response was to go down the river in "forward" gear, and then to go back up the river in "reverse" gear.  Doing this would make it unnecessary for the boat to do a U-turn in the middle of the Ohio river and allow the boat to stay on the Indiana side of the state line for the entire course.  I think that was a great example of trolling, but in real life, LOL!  That was years ago; don't know what Evansville even looks like these days.  But it was a good place to live and work when I was there!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

u orocrastintin a trip to the post office.  has to taxi both ways.  in the area i has a choice fo dunkin Ds or a subway sammich.

edited July 2021

still procrastinatin.  worried it'll be too dark in there.  like cvs is so dark, is like a cave.  cant see a thing in there.

Post edited by Mistara on
    Is there anything like this for DS? Not my personal image but one I found online.
    images.jpeg
    225 x 225 - 6K

is it a kitten?

blue jays outside sound like kittens meeyoong

christmas and war?  someone sounds cranking.  auguest not too early to start holiday rendering.  halloween comes first.

theres a few chubby people on the new sales page.  i more in the market for hot hunkalicious males. i lean more towards wafish females, less boobacious.  fluffy bottom kittens   i dont have the energy to shop today.  is grover related to cookie monster they both blue is  FAMILIAL similarity

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,358

Sfariah said:

Is there anything like this for DS? Not my personal image but one I found online.

Isn't it an axolotl like this one - https://www.daz3d.com/toon-axolotl-for-genesis-8-males ? I think it also has more realistic textures 

Complaint... 

Fawk you CVS, you tree killing sociopaths... a three foot register receipt for one fawking item, the rest is coupons for shnit that I'll never buy... and on top of that, they don't give bags anymore (nobody does in this state or this island), so you either dump Toto out and take your tisket-a-tasket little yellow basket with you to market with you, or you stuff your crap in your shirt or pants like an amateur kleptomaniac... well, that or you feng shui the feet long register receipt into an intricate origami square to fit it in your wallet or purse while everyone waits, or be considerate and walk off juggling your purchases while trailing a mile long clown banner of coupons behind you.

Thank you for your time.

I told Loki not to eat spinach. What did she do? She ate it.
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

TJohn said:

Lol... That's what they say about me too laugh 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569

McGyver said:

Complaint... 

Fawk you CVS, you tree killing sociopaths... a three foot register receipt for one fawking item, the rest is coupons for shnit that I'll never buy... and on top of that, they don't give bags anymore (nobody does in this state or this island), so you either dump Toto out and take your tisket-a-tasket little yellow basket with you to market with you, or you stuff your crap in your shirt or pants like an amateur kleptomaniac... well, that or you feng shui the feet long register receipt into an intricate origami square to fit it in your wallet or purse while everyone waits, or be considerate and walk off juggling your purchases while trailing a mile long clown banner of coupons behind you.

Thank you for your time.

...very reasonable rant 

When I used to pay my old Net service bill (Cricket Wireless) I would get this nearly yard long receipt with all the conditions of service printed on it that i already knew about.

The paper they use is heat sensitive and not only non-recyclable but the chemicals used in teh coating are really not all that good to handle on a regular basis like people who work checkouts do,

I get up late, and spend most of the evening inside the "smallest room" in the house. Sure, it's productive, but not in the way that I was hoping this evening would be. I wish I stayed in bed. 

I was hoping Fable II was avaliable on/for PC... Oh well. 

I don't think I'll be able catch up on of all of the stuff that I was hoping to do this evening, as I was hoping to have a day using Daz Studio tomorrow. But that's not going to happen now. :( 

This discussion has been closed.