Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

@Sandy - why not sheep? Very nice scene. The quarz and the video of it look very good.

@Roland4 - you're welcome. Your laptop is faster than my main machine at normal priority, which used 5 seconds. Nice diamonds. Except for the first, which I think is a bit on the bright side, all look great. The newest ring is very nice.

@Dave - great pose. Can't play a guitar so no use to have one. I used to play with analogue electronic music synthesizers a few years back.

@David - very nice basin. If you turn the camera to the left, you can see the green chaps from page 6.

@mermaid010 - nice metaball abstracts. I've watched your latest videos, great job.

Since David's and my Space Construction Kit appeared in the DAZ store today, I space scene may fit the occasion. It's called Rock of Ores but it was abandoned a long time ago. The remaining habitats slide down.

RockOfOres.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 139K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited October 2014

Horo

There isn't enough "grass" for sheep :-)

It might have been better though as they are smaller. As it was the maximum wolves I could get was 4 put another one in and I got'out of memory' errors and that is with LAA active.

Very nice space scene.

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Roland4 - you're welcome. Your laptop is faster than my main machine at normal priority, which used 5 seconds. Nice diamonds. Except for the first, which I think is a bit on the bright side, all look great. The newest ring is very nice.

I have a HP ENVY Core I7 4702 MQ 2.2 GHZ / 2.9 GHZ

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

I'll offer a bit of a plug and a video.

A fix for wide FOV planet distortion in example scene 5 - by David Brinnen

And another bird bath render and lighting test.

At_Ford_B_test1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 305K
    Popup_m.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 355K
    Popup_e.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 357K
    edited October 2014

Nothing special today.

Ring_6.jpg
    500 x 500 - 52K
    Ring_5.jpg
    500 x 500 - 117K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the links to the guitar! I'll check it out tonight and start "playing", so to speak.

@DaveSavage: Nice guitar and really nice hair! There's definitely some Setzer/Cochran/punk and a whole lot-o-80's wrapped up in that image. :)

@Roland: Gem/ring experiments are looking good.

@Mermaid: The middle metaball render is my favorite! Nice work.

@Fishtales: I like your gem render and the animation too.

@DavidB: As always, nice renders. I particularly like the new hdr/birdbath experiments. Will this hdr available in the near future? Thanks for the tutorials.

@Horo: Amazing space scene! I checked out the new product today, but I'm not much into creating space scenes at the moment. So, instead, I purchased your (and David's) Stylized Renders package. We all win! :D

edited December 1969

Thanks, become i Jewelry Designer ?

edited December 1969

Thanks for the links to the guitar! I'll check it out tonight and start "playing", so to speak.

@DaveSavage: Nice guitar and really nice hair! There's definitely some Setzer/Cochran/punk and a whole lot-o-80's wrapped up in that image. :)

@Mermaid: The middle metaball render is my favorite! Nice work.

@Fishtales: I like your gem render and the animation too.

@DavidB: As always, nice renders. I particularly like the new hdr/birdbath experiments. Will this hdr available in the near future? Thanks for the tutorials.

@Horo: Amazing space scene! I checked out the new product today, but I'm not much into creating space scenes at the moment. So, instead, I purchased your (and David's) Stylized Renders package. We all win! :D

Thanks Art! Well I hope you enjoy the package and show us something you've made with it!

There are HDRI but in my renders are tone mapped exported spherical maps and ground projections extracted from the HDRI. I asked Horo a while ago about getting some low down HDRI with some "close up" rendering in mind. So now I'm experimenting with them to see how they might be employed.

These all rendered in about a minute or so. Due to the method employed. No DOF just the impression of it due to the HDRI used.

Tunnelway-B_test1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 342K
    SmallWorld3_test1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 354K
    SmallWorld2_test1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 413K
    SmallWorld1_test1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 325K
    GreenPath-B_test1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 337K
    edited October 2014

Roland4 said:

Thanks, become i Jewelry Designer ?

I believe that's a possibility. :)

Thanks Art! Well I hope you enjoy the package and show us something you've made with it!

I definitely will. After our email discussions the other day regarding overhead camera rendering, I was re-watching some of your youtube videos for "clues" and I noticed that you referred to that product. I've always had my eye on it because of the different rendering options, but then I realized it also covers overhead renders. Since it came on sale, it was a "must buy". :)

So, yes, you'll definitely see some renders from that product.

There are HDRI but in my renders are tone mapped exported spherical maps and ground projections extracted from the HDRI. I asked Horo a while ago about getting some low down HDRI with some "close up" rendering in mind. So now I'm experimenting with them to see how they might be employed.

These all rendered in about a minute or so. Due to the method employed. No DOF just the impression of it due to the HDRI used.

I think they look very nice. One thing I could suggest is to add some grass/shrub/branch objects/billboards next to the birdbath/cube to give the "floor" a little extra depth, but that's not a "have to" thing. I like the natural DOF. Looks great.

Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited December 1969

The last for today.

Ring_8.jpg
    500 x 500 - 122K
    edited October 2014

@Sandy - thank you.

@Roland4 - aha, I'm also using an i7 but I use it at normal priority. Yes, you're rapidly becoming a Jewelry Designer.

@Art - thank you. And yes, you're right: with your acquisition of the Stylized Render package there are 3 winners. Thank you and hopefully, you're going to have a lot of fun with it.

@David - great examples. I have a 24 hour one at work on the i3. A bit behind the shape on the birdbath (first image) was this monster that almost throttled me when I touched it with my behind.

p00802a.jpg
    800 x 800 - 179K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

@Art - thank you. And yes, you're right: with your acquisition of the Stylized Render package there are 3 winners. Thank you and hopefully, you're going to have a lot of fun with it.

I most definitely will!

@David - great examples. I have a 24 hour one at work on the i3. A bit behind the shape on the birdbath (first image) was this monster that almost throttled me when I touched it with my behind.

Spiders will do that to you. Unfortunately, your "dance" was not caught on video....or was it?! LOL

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Since David's and my Space Construction Kit appeared in the DAZ store today, I space scene may fit the occasion. It's called Rock of Ores but it was abandoned a long time ago. The remaining habitats slide down.

YES!!! Bought, downloaded and in the process of installing.

I can't WAIT to play with this. I love outer space renders, so this is going to get quite a workout. :coolsmile:

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I'll offer a bit of a plug...

Speaking of plugs, David, shouldn't your store be featured on today's PA Festival sales and promotion page (along with Horo's store)?

"Luthbellina" has two slots but only one new item, so maybe there's a glitch.

Your diligence in removing the spherical space station ("that's no moon") from the package was admirable but maybe overly thorough given the appearance of a recent store item:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YfIY1hat_dM/UZQl32IzJJI/AAAAAAAAeGE/JyuhsX5ZJew/s1600/cylonraider.jpg

Mind you, Disney is really litigious, so you were probably wise.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Roland4 - aha, I'm also using an i7 but I use it at normal priority. Yes, you're rapidly becoming a Jewelry Designer.

Sometimes i watch jewelry (especially rings) when i see something i like, i try to model it.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Love the space scene. Nice spider picture, but not anywhere close to my favorite beasts. They're usually under my heel if caught in the house.

@David: Another really nice video and scene.

@Roland: New objects look real nice.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited October 2014

I like the renders David. I have been using the Yosemite ones in DAZ Studio but I haven't tried them in Bryce, yet. I had to watch them though, a sixteenth century highlander running through the forest with someone in a red jacket walking on a tarmac road in the distant background doesn't look right :-)

I came across a new, to me, program for building terrains, GeoControl2. It seems to allow quite a bit of work to be done on each terrain, even letting you add roads which are actually cut into it but I don't know how texturing them in Bryce would work.

Here are a couple of quick example renders of terrains I did.

The first is straight from the program at 4096, you can set different levels, and textured and rendered in Bryce.

The second one is a stacked terrain using 4096, 2048 and 1024, textured and rendered in Bryce.

There are a few video tutorials on YouTube that I have been watching too.

geocontrol2-mountain-1.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 471K
    geocontrol2-coast-1.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 401K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Having been working on my animation project for a few days, I took a couple of hours off yesterday evening and managed to do this.
    It's cropped a lot because I can't post the full render as she's not wearing any clothes.

BlueHairGirlCrop.jpg
    520 x 533 - 162K
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64

Beautiful, is this an angel ?

edited October 2014

_ PJF _ said:
    I'll offer a bit of a plug...

Speaking of plugs, David, shouldn't your store be featured on today's PA Festival sales and promotion page (along with Horo's store)?

"Luthbellina" has two slots but only one new item, so maybe there's a glitch.

Your diligence in removing the spherical space station ("that's no moon") from the package was admirable but maybe overly thorough given the appearance of a recent store item:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YfIY1hat_dM/UZQl32IzJJI/AAAAAAAAeGE/JyuhsX5ZJew/s1600/cylonraider.jpg

Mind you, Disney is really litigious, so you were probably wise.

Aye, well as you say, probably wise. I should have anticipated a problem perhaps? But then again when you consider such examples as this http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/writhing-monstrosities-poses-for-singers-of-chzor which are models compared to a default Bryce sphere. It makes the position of the line somewhat vague. Eventually when Disney have enough films under their belt, it will be impossible to make or do anything without infringing some copy write. In the 80's Warner Brothers legal department was famously the most profitable part of the company, aggressively going after companies like Nintendo using the the world "kong" in the title of their video game "donkey kong". Which always seemed like a strange choice anyway.

What ever the case, I just do what QA asks in order to move things forwards. Having an argument over such things is pretty futile.

@Miss B. Thank you! I hope you will share with us your views of the package we have put together.

Edit: @Art, I meant to say, yes it is a good suggestion about the grass, I will bear that in mind when it comes to putting together the final scenes. These were just tests to see if anyone picked up on the "seam" between the cube the objects are sat on and the huge sphere in the background.

Edit: @Dave, isn't that what stars are for?

Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

@Miss B - thank you.

@Peter - the planet was replaced on DAZ 3D request, they know how sensitive Disney lawyers are. It gave us all a lot of additional work but in the end, David came up with something even better.

@Jamie - no problem with spiders in nature but at home only invited ones survive and I never invite them.

@Sandy - yes, I also started with GeoControl2 but it cannot be purchased anymore and the demo version only runs for a month. It's a pity because it's very good for terrains; needs a bit of learning, though.

@Dave - nice half-lady.

edited October 2014

Here is another video relating to this Capture a 360 degree backdrop from scene 6 - by David Brinnen

Please feel free to let me know if you are getting tired of listening to me ramble on about this topic. Those with the spherical mapper can do a very nearly perfect job of this, but otherwise, depending on what direction you are planning to point the camera in, and the absence of straight lines in your planned backdrop, you can more or less get away with Bryce's internal tools.

Popup_n.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 326K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Off Topic but, pic I took of the eclipse of the moon that happened between 5 - 6:30 am today, its hand held so not the best.

IMG_0271.JPG
    1500 x 1125 - 359K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Apparently, that's not allowed either :-)
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

very impressive.

We didn't get to see this one over here, but I do remember, some years back, driving in to work up the embankment and watching a lunar eclipse over London. Yes I used to drive in to work at some silly hour in those days.

edited December 1969

@Rareth - great shot for a handheld.

edited October 2014

Today I start a new ring project. The objective is to show the ring in its daily development, but only one (maybe even two or three) render image per day. The picture today represents the initial shape of the ring.

Ring_10a_1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 111K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
    edited December 1969

Apparently, that's not allowed either :-)

Yes, stars are far too suggestive, I can see that. Hmn... tricky... I know, flags of the Union, thereby allowing a subtle social commentary, depending on placement, should you so desire. Or if you are feeling more egalitarian use the Union flag in all instances.

Here's the results of my modeling today, I've also added a bit of grass.

SmallWorld1_test2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 331K
    edited December 1969

Very realistic! David. The grass is definitely a nice touch.

edited December 1969

The second step.

Ring_10a_3.jpg
    500 x 500 - 125K
This discussion has been closed.