SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes they are aware of it.

Chohole, you should quote the person you are answering.
    I have no idea what this is in response to.

I wish it was referring to my comment about the forum archive site, but I doubt it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Did you make sure that you were totally logged out of your account and the store before trying to log back into the forum, and then did you get the forum login screen when you tried logging in to the forums ? or was it the account login screen ?

...yes and even closed that tab, yet it still kept routing me to the account page instead of the forums login.
  • edited December 1969

Seconding KyotoKid's point. There's only one login screen available. It's the same page every time, whether I get to it from the forums or anywhere else on the site. Could you post a link to this mysterious forum-only login page, Cho?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

uh uh. I am not going to logout, just to try finding it again,

Thinking about it I found this screen purely by accident.

Would actually like some confirmation that others can get there as well.

This was how it went. I had been logged out of the forums, while checking ebots. Clicked on the link in an ebot and found that out. Instead of logginig in straight away I closed that tab and clicked on another ebot. Continued in this manner until suddenly instead of going straight to the forums I had this mysterious login screen pop up. My assumption was that at this stage I had been logged out of my account and the store as well. So I logged in on this different screen, but using the email address and password I would normally use to login to the store, and it worked.

One other person has tried it by logging out of their account, and usinng the ebot clickable links to threads.

So it would appear that this screen is only reached by using links from ebots. If we can get more confirmation of that, then we can feed this information through. So if anyone else would like to try it that way ????? Please

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Give me a couple of minutes.

chohole said:

This was how it went. I had been logged out of the forums, while checking ebots. Clicked on the link in an ebot and found that out. Instead of logginig in straight away I closed that tab and clicked on another ebot. Continued in this manner until suddenly instead of going straight to the forums I had this mysterious login screen pop up. My assumption was that at this stage I had been logged out of my account and the store as well. So I logged in on this different screen, but using the email address and password I would normally use to login to the store, and it worked.

One other person has tried it by logging out of their account, and usinng the ebot clickable links to threads.

So it would appear that this screen is only reached by using links from ebots. If we can get more confirmation of that, then we can feed this information through. So if anyone else would like to try it that way ????? Please
  • LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited August 2012

Test one: Cleared Cache, Logged out, Ebot to this thread used

This is not confirmed.

E-bots act as though you are logged in. Even though I hit log-out a couple of times and cleared my cache.

Test Two: Cleared Cache & Cookies, Logged Out. Ebot to this thread used

No individual log in was provided, not place to hit reply to trigger it as well.

Myth Busted.

The person that said as much needs to post their method so it can be replicated. Not have us play guinea pigs, because if we don't know how they did it, it is not worth repeating. It's called Standard Technical Support. How do you fix something if you don't know how and where it occurred to start with.

Post edited by Lilliana on
    edited December 1969

I did have to try several ebots before it happened. So far one other person that I know has managed to duplicate this. You do have to be completely logged out, that is on your account and the store as well as the forum. It's not a myth, this is a serious attempt to work out what is happening, and why.

edited December 1969

de3an said:
    chohole said:
    Yes they are aware of it.

Chohole, you should quote the person you are answering.
    I have no idea what this is in response to.

I wish it was referring to my comment about the forum archive site, but I doubt it.

Sorry about that. I was actually responding to DanaTA, but my response does actually apply equally to your post.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Is this the one? I can't help with a method for how to get there, though...in my case, I was attempting to refresh a Members Only thread that I had had open in the background for a while...apparently the forum logged me out in the meantime.
    login.jpg
    762 x 354 - 42K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited August 2012

Update: entering my e-mail address and password as usual on the box in my last post did successfully log me into the forum. When I then clicked on a store thread, I found that I was not logged into the store. Hope this information is helpful.

Second update: I manually logged out of the forum, then clicked the link for the Members Only forum--and it automatically logged me in in Chrome. Tried the same thing in Firefox...and it took me to the forum log-in screen.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited August 2012

Well at least That proves That the login screen is there. Thankyou

And thankyou for the screen shot. Anyone who finds this screen needs to use the same login as they use for the store and their account, which is email address as username, and account password.

Trying to login using your forum name does not work.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

I remember I used that same screen a few weeks ago to log into the forum and I now stay logged in here, but not in the store. I think I was trying to access the Members Only Forum when that login screen came up, but I don't remember exactly how I got to that point. Haven't been logged out of the forum at all since. :)

• edited December 1969

This is a test to see if I can force the screen to appear... Which I can.

Logging out in another tab while in the middle of a post and then clicking submit will get me the screen Scott Livingston posted. The down side is that that screen is not a page. It's an error message, so it can't be linked to. The URL is the same as the thread I was trying to post to, when I got logged out.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I think I got that login screen when I followed the link in a PM to activate a coupon - I was a little surprised since I had to be logged in to be able to read the PM ... ;)

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited August 2012

chohole said:

I can't confirm or deny the way you got to this login but I'm confused in that I don't seem to have this problem of having to log into the forum. I did once, back when the switch over first happened but since then I've always been able to access/post in the forums regardless of whether I was logged in or out of anywhere else and it's held true that way going on nearly 2 months now. Now the store I have to log into every time I come to Daz and need to access my account but the forum acts like the old one did with me feeling as if I'm permanently logged in there.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I have not yet been able to reproduce this alternate log-in screen, and I have a theory why.
    After reading the pervious posts, it appears that the alternate log-in screen appears when a logged out Platinum Club member tries to access a "Members Only" page.
    Since I am not a Platinum Club member, I will never see this screen. Instead, all I get is an error message stating "You are not authorized to view this forum".

If my theory is correct, only Platinum Club members will be able to use this method to remain logged in. >:(

• edited August 2012

de3an said:
    If my theory is correct, only Platinum Club members will be able to use this method to remain logged in. >:(

Incorrect. I've recreated it, and posted further up in the thread.

Logging out in another tab while in the middle of a post and then clicking submit will get me the screen Scott Livingston posted. The down side is that that screen is not a page. It’s an error message, so it can’t be linked to. The URL is the same as the thread I was trying to post to, when I got logged out.

So, basically, two tabs:
    - Open a quick-reply to any thread in the first one. It doesn't matter if you type anything, because the content will never be submitted.
    - Tab two, just click 'Log Out'.
    - Go back to tab one. Click 'Submit' on your reply.
    - Ta-da! There it is.

Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I did have to try several ebots before it happened. So far one other person that I know has managed to duplicate this. You do have to be completely logged out, that is on your account and the store as well as the forum. It's not a myth, this is a serious attempt to work out what is happening, and why.

Respectfully, since you are not a tech, you should not be giving tech advice. Tell them about it and let them figure out how it worked, and if it was just a fluke. Passing info on like this will only cause more confusion for those who try and don't get the same results. They'll think there's something wrong with their Internet connection, or their account here, when that is most likely not even close to the truth.

Dana

edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    de3an said:

Incorrect. I've recreated it, and posted further up in the thread.

Logging out in another tab while in the middle of a post and then clicking submit will get me the screen Scott Livingston posted. The down side is that that screen is not a page. It’s an error message, so it can’t be linked to. The URL is the same as the thread I was trying to post to, when I got logged out.

So, basically, two tabs:
    - Open a quick-reply to any thread in the first one. It doesn't matter if you type anything, because the content will never be submitted.
    - Ta-da! There it is.

This is exactly why this advice should not be given out by those who are not the technical people of the site. It works for some, doesn't work for others. There is already too much of that going on with this site. Why introduce another thing that only works for some. Just let them get the bugs out. It's their job!

Dana

edited August 2012

DanaTA said:
    chohole said:

Respectfully, since you are not a tech, you should not be giving tech advice. Tell them about it and let them figure out how it worked, and if it was just a fluke. Passing info on like this will only cause more confusion for those who try and don't get the same results. They'll think there's something wrong with their Internet connection, or their account here, when that is most likely not even close to the truth.

Dana

Dana, with all respect, with every bug, whatever it is, then we need evidence that it is reproducable before we can log it as a bug. So the experiments that I am asking people to do here are a way of reproducing a certain set of behaviours. Once we have enough evidence of what does or does not reproduce it, then we can log it with the tech guys,.

I don't think at any stage I was offering any tech advice. merely trying to see if something I did by accident was reproducable.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

ThinMick said:

So, basically, two tabs:
    - Ta-da! There it is.

Sure enough, it works. The alternate screen appeared and I logged in, but I immediately got an error saying "You are not authorized to perform this action".
    However, it did seem to log me in and allow this post to be submitted.
    Only time will tell whether or not it keeps me logged in.

• gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

There's something not quite right with the login process all of a sudden. If I click on Login and submit the page it displays an error page saying that there's something wrong at column 1 of row 1 (or words to that effect - I'll try to grab a screenshot next time!). However, it appears that I am, in fact, logged in at that point.

This has only started in the last 24 hours, so anything that's changed in that time would be a prime candidate for verification.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

*sigh* I have 3862 files available for download. The oldest is from 7/16/12. I'd really like these to clear out. I've filed a support ticket. Anyone else having these issues? They're almost a month old. I began downloading my files because the account history burn is no longer available, but now they won't go away!! :P

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

I believe that the following link to login to the forums is the one that chohole was talking about. It's the one that I use to login and remain logged in to the forums.

Daz Forum Login link

Hope this helps others. :-)

edited December 1969

I think I have figured out one of the checkout process problems. Problem defined:
    a. click check out button to be sent to the checkout wizard
    b. click next button when presented with the first step, confirmation of billing address
    c. click on link to add a coupon
    d. click next button
    e. checkout wizard sends you back to step one, confirmation of billing address

If step c is skipped (no coupon added), you are sent to the final wizard step, not back to the beginning step.

So, the cause seems to be related to inputting a coupon code. It seems that clicking on that link resets the wizard steps to the beginning. I have seen it several times now, so I'm sure this is one issue. I'm not saying it's the only one, as everyone here knows. But at least maybe the programmers will have a clue where to look to fix this one anyway.

Dana

edited December 1969

Does anyone know what these three files, under the Runtime\Support folder are for?

\Runtime\Support\DAZ_3D_14637_Enchanted_Island.dsa
    \Runtime\Support\DAZ_3D_14637_Enchanted_Island.dsx
    \Runtime\Support\DAZ_3D_14637_Enchanted_Island.jpg

Are they related to uninstallers? I was helping someone elsewhere with the file size and someone else told me my file size seems a bit shy of his. When I installed, there was no complaint from the installer. Come to think of it, it shouldn't matter if these are part of an uninstaller, because the file size before you run it should be the same from one person to another. So, who has file sizes for the Enchanted Island product? Mine, in Windows XP Pro Windows Explorer is reported as 154,093 KB.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    So, who has file sizes for the Enchanted Island product? Mine, in Windows XP Pro Windows Explorer is reported as 154,093 KB.

Dana

My Mac OS reports the sizes as:
    14637_EnchantedIsland_1.0_dpc.exe = 158,620,210 bytes
    14637_EnchantedIsland_1.0_dpc.zip = 167,059,929 bytes

edited December 1969

KinnieM said:
    I believe that the following link to login to the forums is the one that chohole was talking about. It's the one that I use to login and remain logged in to the forums.

Daz Forum Login link

Hope this helps others. :-)

That appears to be it. Thanks!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Does anyone know what these three files, under the Runtime\Support folder are for?

\Runtime\Support\DAZ_3D_14637_Enchanted_Island.dsa
    \Runtime\Support\DAZ_3D_14637_Enchanted_Island.dsx
    \Runtime\Support\DAZ_3D_14637_Enchanted_Island.jpg

That's the metadata.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

*sigh* I have 3862 files available for download. The oldest is from 7/16/12. I'd really like these to clear out. I've filed a support ticket. Anyone else having these issues? They're almost a month old. I began downloading my files because the account history burn is no longer available, but now they won't go away!! :P

I had over 8000 before they cleared some out on 7/16. I wish at least they got removed when you used up the available downloads.