Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,098

robert : amazing and very detailed renders.

mdk : nice image and post work.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117
    edited June 2021

robert - when you add an image to the post, make sure you set the width not wider than 800 pixels, the height is adjusted automatically so that the aspect ratio is retained.
    Very nice "Myst" image. At the time, when we played Myst (1), it was said the images and animations were made in Bryce. I do not know if this is true. The crystal cave and the city look also great.

papatulus - thank you.

Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,996

Horo - another superb render, great modeling.

Robert -  all your render are awesome and very detailed . Looking forward to seeing more.

Mdk - nice image, post work looks like a painting.

• Horo said:

robert - when you add an image to the post, make sure you set the width not wider than 800 pixels, the height is adjusted automatically so that the aspect ratio is retained.
    Very nice "Myst" image. At the time, when we played Myst (1), it was said the images and animations were made in Bryce. I do not know if this is true. The crystal cave and the city look also great.

Ah, I was making them too wide. Thanks

• papatulus: Thank you. I will upload more. I'm about half way through production so I have a lot.

mermaid010: I appreciate that thanks. I'll upload more tonight, I have some watery mermaid friendly worlds included in the game.

mdk1960: Thanks. I think the sky was just freebie HDRi I found on the web so I can't take credit for it.

adbc: Thank you. Details are a slight problem because I'm rendering every movement through the scenes, foreward, backward, left and right. It can get complicated.

edited June 2021

The terrain was generated in the DTE and is also the base for the material (after an idea by David Brinnen for a joint unpublished set). It is in a fading mirror box. Reflections by an HDRI, the red neon by sun specular and ambience. No diffuse or HDRI Effect.

Neon Metropolis

Moving the camera up and looking down through the EWL (extreme wide-angle fisheye lens) shows the mega city as a planet.

Neon Metropolis Planet

NeonMetropolis.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 397K
    NeonMetropolisPlanet.jpg
    800 x 800 - 272K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Horo: That's a great idea. Looks cool, I'm going to have a try.

• robert_b662b88brobert_b662b88b Posts: 10
    edited June 2021

One of these worlds is suitable for Humans.

1F.jpg
    970 x 644 - 249K
    2R.jpg
    970 x 644 - 297K
    Post edited by robert_b662b88b on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Horo, great canyon and train render. Fantastic big city scene. I really like the view from the top.

Robert, Very good renders. I like the mysterious darkness that shows enough to make me interested what is there to explore. I can see the humans in their space suits in the last orange one wink

MDK. Now I see how you make those fantastic painting-like works. Great postwork, but good render underneath as well. Looks like a great challenge to try to get the final result (or something similar) in pure Bryce render.

edited June 2021

Horo : awesome renders, beautiful big city, the view from the top is awesome.

robert : both your worlds are beautifully done.

A cavern this time, home of spyro the dragon from rigmodels.

dragons den_10.jpg
    960 x 540 - 99K
    Post edited by adbc on

Robert - thank you. Very nicely done vegetation on the first; the second is an interesting and well done landscape.

Hansmar - thank you.

adbc - thank you. The cavern scene came out excellent. It has a feel of a cell shaded drawing and the dragon is just cute.

edited June 2021

Horo – lovely render, love the 2nd one viewed thru the EWL, it looks like a big maze too.

Robert – both your renders are lovely.

Adbc – beautiful cavern, the dragon is cute

Another simple landscape using a sky from The Exotic Hdri set. (available at bryce-tutorials)

islands-exotic.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 419K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - thank you. Very nice island scene, I particularly like the bright sun at the left side.

edited June 2021

Adbc, very nice non-realistic render. That dragon, though cute, does look a bit angry.

Mermaid, Beautiful landscape, wonderful sky.

I wanted to go for a less than realistic landscape and sky. It is a stacked terrain, a modified sci-fi sky and some balloons.

colourmountains.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited June 2021

adbc: Thanks. Very sweet image. Personally I'm not good at doing cute :(

mermaid: Thank you. Beautiful seascape, simple but effective which is what I love about Bryce.

Hansmar: Thanks. Cool landscape. Did you use pShop posterizing effect?

Snowy village and 'yurt' interior. The thing I was most pleased with here is the snow on the fences. I spent ages fiddling about with objects and then realized I could just apply the ground texture with little adjustment. Bingo, snow sitting on top of all the fence posts. Btw the animals in the distance are hippos, I couldn't find yaks.

sarutei.jpg
    970 x 644 - 172K
    candlea.jpg
    970 x 644 - 252K

Horo, mermaid, Hansmar, robert : thank you.

mermaid : beautiful landscape, I like the sky reflecting on the water.

Hansmar : wonderful scene, the balloons are a nice addition to the sky.

robert : the snowy village is awesome. The yert interior is very well done, especially the lighting.

Thanks Horo, Hansmar, Robert and Adbc for the nice comments.

Hansmar - superb scene I love the sky and the addition of the balloons, the mountain texture has a painterly effect, very nice.

Robert - both the renders are awesome, the lighting in the interior is so cool... okay so hot.

Hansmar - very cool result, a bit like a drawing.

Robert - the snowy village looks awesome, could be real. Though the inside of the yurt looks quite good, I think the bump on the walls is a bit on the generous side, lighting is very good, however.

Robert. No postwork at all in my render. I was a bit inspired by some painterly works by MDK1960 (who did use postwork to make great works). I wanted to get a painterly effect without any postwork. Glad people like it. Your snowy village is wonderful. Great atmosphere, very realistic. Well done with the snow on top of the fences. The inside of the yurt is nice but for me a bit difficult to see what exactly I am looking at. Colours and forms together make it less understandable for me and, indeed, the bump appears to be quite high.

adbc, mermaid, Horo,  Thank you.

edited June 2021

Thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it.

Horo & Hansmar: I did have trouble with those walls, maybe I'll revisit that one. One of the problems here is that none of these scenes are designed for individual renders, they are random points from within the scenes as the player moves around. More like a still from a movie. The camera has to be set with horizon centered and lighting / textures as good as I can get them for all directions. I have to take into account left, right and behind as well as what you see here. As I'm sure you know, things looking good in one direction can look bad in another so it becomes a compromise. Oddly enough I was quite happy with the interior but wasn't sure about the outside.

If anyone is interested I'll upload a few screenshots from within the game to give some context.

edited June 2021

The object was modeled by David Brinnen in 2009. The Low_SC HDRI lights the object from inside. The object is within a sphere through which the HDRI is visible and also shows the light and shadows that emanate from the object. I couldn't resist to render an anaglyph, quite render intensive and network rendering on 4 machines cut the time to a third.

Cube Alg Sphere

Cube Alg Sphere Anaglyph

CubeAlgSphere.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 112K
    CubeAlgSphereAna.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 152K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • papayapapaya Posts: 27

Horo - The mega city looks amazing, really nice with the extreme fisheye too. Your second pic is also fascinating, the shadows remind me of the veins on the inside of an eye.

robert - Some gorgeous backdrops here, the snowy village in particular is incredibly impressive, extroadinarily lifelike.. even with the hippos.

adbc - Very pretty caves, Spyro makes a cute addition.

mermaid - Lovely landscape here, the lighting is beautiful.

Hansmar - a very fun cartoony landscape, the sky is very interesting, as is the overall effect.

A half-baked idea from me here coming from a lyric from a song I was listening to while out for a walk - "The dog is always barking at the mailman". Wasn't really sure where to put the two characters though, so for now they're on a rounded platform out at sea. Will return to this one, probably.

2406d.png
    1200 x 619 - 293K
    edited June 2021

Horo – magnificent render, the anaglyph is awesome.

Papatulus – so cute, I love the different ways we use Bryce to express ourselves, so cool.

Two renders from me with different lighting, yes I was playing with lighting again. I used Horo’s Hdri ShoalOfFish and Drachenlord’s Modern Living Room. The rest are freebies.

submergedroom1.jpg
    800 x 400 - 307K
    submergedroom2.jpg
    900 x 450 - 331K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

robert_b662b88b said:

If anyone is interested I'll upload a few screenshots from within the game to give some context.

I'm interested smiley

Horo : beautiful abstract, the anaglyph comes right out of the screen, awesome.

paptulus : thank you. That's a great scene, the characters are very well done, very cool atmosphere.

mermaid : two great renders, the different lighting is very beautifully done, cannot choose which one I prefer, I like them both.

papatulus - thank you. Very interesting realisation of the song, I very much like the idea.

mermaid - thank you. Very nice, the window with the fish and the flowers. Not sure but I think I like the first a bit more. The vase on the glass table: is it really on the glass surface? The mirrored part suggests it is a bit above but it is also possible the lower surface of the glass mirrors it, not the upper one on which the vase rests.

• mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37

papatulus - wonderfully done, really pure design!

mermaid010 - both versions look great and love the atmospheric underwater lighting effects thru glass

Horo - wonderfully gem-like abstraction & really enjoy seeing both versions 

• papayapapaya Posts: 27

mermaid - thank you! Your render here is just wonderful, the lighting is excellent in both versions.

Thank you also mdk, Horo and adbc

Thank you mdk1960.

Thanks Adbc, Horo, Mdk and Papatulus for your nice comments

Horo said:

mermaid - thank you. Very nice, the window with the fish and the flowers. Not sure but I think I like the first a bit more. The vase on the glass table: is it really on the glass surface? The mirrored part suggests it is a bit above but it is also possible the lower surface of the glass mirrors it, not the upper one on which the vase rests.

I was also confused by the reflections, the vase is definitely on the table. I changed the material of the table top to check. So your explanation could be correct about the lower surface mirrors it.

This discussion has been closed.