Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Horo. the landscape render is very good.

Dan, two interesting renders. Without the explanation, I thought the man was crawling towards a mega ice cream cheeky. The second one is amazing. It may be a hodge podge, but the results is great.

edited June 2021

I made two renders with the same set-up, but different textures and sky-lights. The 'buildings' are simply a cube, a cylinder and a torus with texture with displacement. There is a reflecting plane to increase the number of buildings. A volumetric sky slab in the first one.

buildings9.jpg
    875 x 875 - 828K
    buildings9b.jpg
    875 x 875 - 685K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,101

Hansmar : two cool renders, both different, I like them both.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,124

Hansmar - two nicely done renders. Perhaps I have a slight preference for the second..

edited June 2021

I was somehow inspired by Dan's Salvation Stone on the previous page ...
    A self made terrain posterised, twice copied at the same place, then once rotated by 30° and once by 60°. On all the same self made material. Ambient light, specular and reflection by the AlienRoom_SC HDRI from 3 High Resolution HDRI Set 1. Some specular and a bit of diffuse by the sun.

Blocks

Blocks.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 192K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

WOW... what you all are doing here is really amazing.

Horo : Beautiful render, nice effect of the sky on the posterized terrains.

Thank you Yellow Pen and adbc.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,001

Hansmar - two very nice renders, I like both versions.

Horo - superb render, nice posterised terrain, the material and lighting are perfect.

Thank you mermaid.

edited June 2021

An underwater scene. The background is and HDRI from Horo : Shoal of fish, the aquarium was made in wings3D and the figures are from Daz Studio (genesis).

underwater_.jpg
    800 x 534 - 129K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc, a very lovely render.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

adbc: beautiful Render. Nice light and Colors.

adbc - cool idea, looks very nice.

Adbc - beautiful scene, very nicely done, awesome colors and lighting. reminds of one of mine incomplete ones with the same hdri and Drachenlord's modern living room. hopefully I will complete it some day.

Hansmar, Yellow Pen, Horo, mermaid : thank you.

mermaid : I look forward to see that image.

edited June 2021

Two terrains from High Resolution Terrains 4 with a material from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies, in the distance an obelisk by Drachenlords and a Retro-Rocket (by David Brinnen from an unpublished set). Sky and ambient light by the Gasclouds_A2 HDRI (from the same unpublished set) and some Bryce clouds. The back light by the sun. A flying object in search for the obelisk in the fog.

Tower in Fog

TowerInFog.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 104K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited June 2021

Horo : excellent image, awesome effect on the terrains.

A simple space scene. Used a nebula from the space construction kit for the sky, the moon is from Dave Savage, the space station is a free object from done3d.

space.jpg
    800 x 533 - 90K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - thank you. Impressive space scene.

edited June 2021

Horo – beautiful render, very nice halo effect.

Adbc – wow awesome, I agree very impressive

A simple landscape, using elements of the High Res 3 set.  

dw5.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 327K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Horo, mermaid : thank you.

mermaid : your "simple" landscape is awesome, the sky and lighting is very well done.

mermaid - thank you. This sunset with the rays is awesome.

Thanks Adbc and Horo for the nice comments.

edited June 2021

The Toon Alien, Gremlin, Aiko3LE and Victoria4 are from Daz 3D, the flocks of birds were offered here by Clarence Tippetts. Background and ambient light by the SmallGlade1 HDRI (on my website at horo.ch > Raytracing > Resources > HR-HDRI (S) free), the key light by the sun. Around the ladies a Dome Light, also one around the Toon Alien, to break up the black shadows. The water is the tilted ground plane with a water material.

Watch Out

WatchOut.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 145K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37

Some beautifully done work here, have paged thru a lot of amazing images- such creativity!

For this recent image- inspired by the gothic Hammer films of days of yore - I used sources from the Scan the World project (the Sybil statuary in foreground, the decayed mausoleum),custom Bryce trees, robed-figure from DAZ Studio saved as a .png and made into a 2d picture object, several lights. I exported this low res image while tweaking the foreground statute's texture - the Wierd(sic) stone texture modified with a second bump source - and am glad I did, as Bryce crashed on file save.Total time though was only a couple hours - to render out the figure and build out the scene.

abbey1.png
    1800 x 1013 - 2M

Horo - beautiful work, very nice lighting.

Mdk - nice work, I like the texture of the stony statue.

Horo : beautiful landscape, great sky.

mdk : great image, nice work.

mdk1960 - that one came out very nice, great job.

mermaid and adbc - thank you.

• papayapapaya Posts: 27

Hansmar - It's very interesting to see how just simple tweaks can make the same base look wildly different! I think I prefer the second, but both look good.

Horo - really great renders on this page, as always. I especially love your cubic terrain, like a neon version of the Giant's Causeway. The lights in the sky look like evil eyes...

adbc - some awesome renders, the space one especially has a gorgeous sky.

mermaid - It may be simple but the way the rays of light pour over the horizon is absolutely stunning

mdk - A very fun and slightly scary image, the colours are excellent, and the holes on the stonework look kind of like eyes and mouths (wonder why I'm seeing faces everywhere...?)

• mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37

Two metaballs,a 2d face vertical, two lights. I think I'll keep changing the materials blend in the metaballs and try animating it....

dada-humpty-dada.png
    1150 x 740 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.