Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• charles_2239525charles_2239525 Posts: 775
    edited May 2021

Matt_Castle said:

This one is unimaginatively called "Model Railway", but it was fun to put together (and finally makes use of some of the many railway assets I have):

Gallery Link

I had a large set of HO scale trains spread across 2 ping pong tables as a kid. Cool pic.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Remix of Cleopatra with a few others, including White Priestess & Jacqueline & Babina dials.

(The skin is Cleopatra 8.1.)

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

my newest

• I think I am in a mood. One more image of Cleopatra... meaning Cleopatra VII Thea Philopator, the last of the Ptolemaic Pharaohs... Macedonian Greek rulers of Egypt after the death of Alexander the Great.

I guess this is closer to age 21, about the time she would meet Julius Caesar (himself, aged 52)... both had been fighting civil wars for years, with Cleopatra fighting her brother-husband, Ptolemy XIII Theos Philopator, for sole rulership of Egypt.
    Caesar? He was fighting Pompey for control of Rome.

A fascinating woman in an amazing period of history.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited May 2021

Mud Bath

Of course I fell in!

2021-05-11 14:45:38.271 Total Rendering Time: 32 minutes 27.63 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

laughyes

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Robert Freise said:

laughyes

Thank you :) 

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280

I recently began using the Iray and so far I quite like what it gives

TerraofHouseReyns.png
    1600 x 900 - 1M
  • Iray is a very good engine... I'm glad I got attached to this hobby as Iray was beginning. My brain doesn't work in 3DL lighting very well. It's a different discipline.

Since I did a few Cleopatras, here's an attempt at Gaius Julius Caesar at age 52... this is after years of hard warfare across the Roman Republic, and then civil war against his friend, Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus.

Based on Ivan 7 HD, then converted to the PBR shader... LOL, because why not? Cleopatra is in the PBR. Thus, so should Caesar. I borrowed a bunch from Torment 8.1's PBR settings, although I still need to work on the translucency settings.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited May 2021

Ha, one more Cleopatra. (Multiple dial spins here... this isn't 100% Cleopatra 8.1, but her shape is mixed in there. It's Cleopatra's textures as well.)

EDIT: LOL, no "walk like an Egyptian" poses here, either. Not a fan of that kind of thing, really.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • AlfRaMusicAlfRaMusic Posts: 99

Ready for an Upgrade!smiley

Ready for an Upgrade gelbe Einheit.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 730K
  • Another attempt at Julius Caesar. I didn't reference his amazing portraiture... I generally do not like copying real people, even if I could do that well. This is my impression of Gaius Julius Caesar, not a copy.

It's based on Ivan 7 HD, but then I applied the PBR shader and borrowed settings form Torment 8.1. I also created maps whenever there were Torment 8.1 PBR maps that did not line up with Genesis 3 Iray Uber maps.

I still don't think the skin shade is "right", but the textures from the Detail channel are worth the effort, IMO.

• The Blurst of Times said:

Iray is a very good engine... I'm glad I got attached to this hobby as Iray was beginning. My brain doesn't work in 3DL lighting very well. It's a different discipline.

Since I did a few Cleopatras, here's an attempt at Gaius Julius Caesar at age 52... this is after years of hard warfare across the Roman Republic, and then civil war against his friend, Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus.

Based on Ivan 7 HD, then converted to the PBR shader... LOL, because why not? Cleopatra is in the PBR. Thus, so should Caesar. I borrowed a bunch from Torment 8.1's PBR settings, although I still need to work on the translucency settings.

I like this one a lot, I'm holding off on the PBR skin, still using 8.1 model but the older shaders seem to work better for me.  The HD skin details cool here, what's the normal set at?

• charles said:

I like this one a lot, I'm holding off on the PBR skin, still using 8.1 model but the older shaders seem to work better for me.  The HD skin details cool here, what's the normal set at?

I think I mostly left it at default when I converted to the PBR shader?
    Base Bump at 1.00, Normal Map at 0.65. (Not sure if that's Ivan's default or not.)

On the Detail tab in the PBR shader... It's the default setting that they seem to use at Daz.
    Detail Weight 0.60
    Detail Normal Map 1.00
    Detail Specular Roughness Multiplier 1.00
    (Borrowed a lot of these from Torment.)

No Displacement maps or settings.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

If you have him, I think Christian 8 would make a far better base for Caesar, because his skin has fewer baked-in details and looks better overall in my opinion, plus he has a complexion more befitting a Roman general than Ivan's Baltic pallor.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited May 2021

Gordig said:

If you have him, I think Christian 8 would make a far better base for Caesar, because his skin has fewer baked-in details and looks better overall in my opinion, plus he has a complexion more befitting a Roman general than Ivan's Baltic pallor.

It was more about experimentation with the Genesis 3 line to see what I could do with PBR... I didn't look at Caesar's portraits or anything.

Christian is a good base, though. Maybe not Caesar at 52, but maybe for the next PBR conversion experiment.

Skin tone, I can adjust within a range, though. Ivan is not that light colored in Iray Uber, as I recall. It's just a matter of learning how the PBR conversion works.

Once more, after trying the process with Konstantin for Ivan 7, then going back to Ivan... but adding some Konstantin dials after subtracting out others.

caesar2.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 391K
    Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • Tried to make a scene of two advernturer setting up camp in a ruin. Genesis 3 figures.

Camp Scene 01- Alt.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 479K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

tiplerneck_b48f2f5b62 said:

Tried to make a scene of two advernturer setting up camp in a ruin. Genesis 3 figures.

Nice work love the Orc peeping through the window 

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2021

Let's see if this pen works better!

Using the new stick insect

21_Let's see if this pen works.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 885K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • GlennFGlennF Posts: 141

Dial Spun G8.1F

G8.1F Test.jpg
    1052 x 810 - 285K

I wanted to practice my lighting, so here's a rare render that doesn't start with some sort of joke.

Welcome Home

edited May 2021

Gordig said:

Monstergarten

Piers Anthony would give you a hug for this.

Post edited by charles_2239525 on

I'm not familiar with his work, but thank you.

• Cleopatra again, with dial spins. More a test render, I guess, since I converted some older stuff to Iray uber.

Clothes mix G8F, G8M, and G3F. They'd make more sense if there was more nudity allowance, but I picked fabrics that covered everything in order to avoid trouble.

edited May 2021

Gordig said:

I'm not familiar with his work, but thank you.

Seriosly?

Post edited by charles_2239525 on

Seriously, I've never read a word of Piers Anthony. I never got too deep into fantasy novels outside of reading basically everything Tolkien wrote and Mary Stewart's Merlin series, which is very light fantasy.

• Since I was doing Centauri renders, I decided to see what there was for Minbari... and not much. The show is pretty old, so there's really no figure props left online. Plenty of warships, but I couldn't find any head crests.

So I cannibalized other stuff... JoLab does a lot of bony stuff, and I used the Aureola from the Fallen Angel figures on this.

It's not terrible, aside from being a Minbari-Human hybrid because there's no proper head crests online. With some adjustment, it could be better.

• A better attempt at Minbari...

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 520

The Blurst of Times said:

A better attempt at Minbari...

This  definitely reminds me of a Minbari! Well done!