How Many Pages in Your Product Library?

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well, coming a long way. So I myself will try to cut down a bit. This year will be more on trying out all that stuff and learning a bit more on how to use it. Specially with regards to characters until DAZ will figure out a way to dynamially enabling/disabling morphs without impacting figure load times.

Guess if I'm able to cut spendngs in half or more I might have money for the hell of a render rig ;-)

I plan on cutting back this year, but with all of the vendors who've been disappearing from the store, I was making a specific point last year of picking up any older items, especially older sets and props, that I could see myself having a use for before they vanished...     

• hjakehjake Posts: 812

Well Cybersox's library makes mine pale in comparison at only 7749 items (194 pages which is 40 items per page and 29 items on page 194).

Based on 40 items per page then 700 pages is approximately 28,000 items which is an average of  2.86 items per week since April 2005. WOW!!!

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556

154 pages.

11 wishlist items.

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 406

looks like I'm modest only 77 pages angel

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,509

Up to 62 pages, but currently All Stop on procurement. surprise

• kerrykerry Posts: 74

Very new user here, just the 1 at the moment but give me time (and er money)

Wishlist however is a different matter entirely.

kerry said:

Very new user here, just the 1 at the moment but give me time (and er money)

Wishlist however is a different matter entirely.

Hail and well met very new user. Welcome to your newest addiction  :-) 

Wishlist 898 items.

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 670

Three years after my OP, and my content has more than doubled to fifty-seven. Yikes!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,108

I haven't been buying too much lately, so I've only gained three pages over my last total in January, bringing me to 112.

• LucielLuciel Posts: 475

28. Which doesn't seem like it's too crazy. But I do make lots of my own things. 

Torquinox said:

Up to 62 pages, but currently All Stop on procurement. surprise

I'm also basically stopping spending until the filth is removed from the top bar and every mention of it removed from the store. (other than PC+ weekly/monthly things, freebies and voucher buys, as I guess that's already paid for). Though there hasn't been much recently to buy. Hopefully DAZ gives up on that rubbish sooner rather than later and offers a full retraction distancing themselves entirely (like basically everyone else has).

• None yet, but I hope to have hundreds soon :-D

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163

Old timer here but I haven't been buying like I used to.  Only 64 pages.  Most of which need to be reinstalled again.crying

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305

I've been buying too much lately. My Library has grown from 521 oages in January to 550 pages.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163

hjake said:

Well Cybersox's library makes mine pale in comparison at only 7749 items (194 pages which is 40 items per page and 29 items on page 194).

Based on 40 items per page then 700 pages is approximately 28,000 items which is an average of  2.86 items per week since April 2005. WOW!!!

OK, now estimate the cost for us please.surprise 

LeatherGryphon said:

hjake said:

Or don't.  Some of us are all too aware of how much we've spent, thank you.  blush   

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,976

112 Pages, and a fair amount on other stores.. Do have some old RDNA items that never got transferred to my Daz library when Daz bought RDNA..

edited May 2021

Cybersox said:

LeatherGryphon said:

hjake said:

Or don't.  Some of us are all too aware of how much we've spent, thank you.  blush   

Hehehe ..... well ... if you assume an average purchase price of $5.75 USD per product (this factors the freebies, platinum coupons, deep discounts, and that it would be very rare that I would purchase at full price) on a 28,000 item list the spend would be $161,000 USD. Therefore roughly $894 USD per month for the last 15 years.

.... or for you healthy food connoisseurs, that roughly lunch and supper at McDonalds for two humans everyday of the year. Those nutritious and delicious meals include a Big Mac, medium soft drink and medium freedom fries. For dessert the celebrated heart healthy apple pie.

.... so   ... i'm at 198 pages  blush    .... darn ...... now I'm hungry ..... but where should I eat?!?!?

Post edited by hjake on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556

166 pages (+12 since January)

It seems I need less of new content now. My library is full of beautiful products.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,310

FirstBastion said:

middle of page 96

Quoting the March 2018 post.  3.5 years later a meager 132 pages. I have a rule to render what I bought, before I buy more.

• GalaxyGalaxy Posts: 562
    edited October 2021

Currently, under hundred pages and already the loading times of some figures have increased. Cannot find all products using search due to product naming. Example search term inside Daz Studio "poses" brings only a few products out of all poses etc. Also, I don't know how reliable Smart Content is because there are many products inside Lost and Found.

Post edited by Galaxy on
  • 261...  but the old stuff? I know at least 300 from render and freebies and silver key and who was it that sold poser, back when... electronic frontier? 
    Not to mention the models that came with that one and the other one.... and of course bryce etc. Still have poser 1 and bryce 1 ... argh.  

• I would imagine some of you with those huge libraries have been at this store for 10+ years. My first purchase here was back in Sept. of 2018, and to date I only have 9 pages so far. I probably have about half of that in products from Renderosity, so altogether my library is quite small. Makes it easy when it comes to managing content.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305

I added over 11 pages this past weekend and passed the 600 page mark.

Charlie Judge said:

Sigh... I'm not even buying most of the new figure stuff as I'm still not using the 8.1s, but the other sales and the constant PC+ for a day sales have been really hard to resist... So, 805 pages.   

DAZ Studio Content Snapshot.jpg
    896 x 4058 - 278K
  • KCMustangKCMustang Posts: 113

magog_a4eb71ab said:

I would imagine some of you with those huge libraries have been at this store for 10+ years. My first purchase here was back in Sept. of 2018, and to date I only have 9 pages so far. I probably have about half of that in products from Renderosity, so altogether my library is quite small. Makes it easy when it comes to managing content.

I wish I had been this smart, started with Daz in July and have 38 pages plus stuff from Rendo & Gumtree etc. Got caught up in the collecting bug while stuck in lock-down.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Cybersox said:

Charlie Judge said:

Sigh... I'm not even buying most of the new figure stuff as I'm still not using the 8.1s, but the other sales and the constant PC+ for a day sales have been really hard to resist... So, 805 pages.   

You guys make me feel so much better  ,I'm at 181 pages and most of that has been PC for the Day stuff ......... like Cybersox I'm not moving to 8.1 ,but props and plants and clothes for the older figures yup yup

• Wow, only 15 pages. This makes me feel so much less guilty!

• I was at 6 when I came back to DS after a 12 year hiatus. That was 2.5 years ago and I'm up to 21 now. Awful really.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,027

122 pages

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,108

Gordig said:

I haven't been buying too much lately, so I've only gained three pages over my last total in January, bringing me to 112.

And now I'm at 144.