The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!

Daz_JessicaDaz_Jessica Posts: 155
edited April 2021 in The Commons

We’re excited to announce our newest and most exciting offer yet: the Daz Season Pass. You’ve probably seen the awesome season passes in major games like Super Smash Bros. and Call of Duty, which give the most loyal customers some freebies and amazing items for a great deal. 

On April 5, 2021, the Daz Season Pass will be available and FULL of fun items for those who purchase it. This is our reward for each of you who jump on our new releases, are active in the forums, or just simply want to create incredible renders. So we’ve got a little something for each of those places.

What You’ll Receive

a gold question mark on a black and charcoal striped background

The Season Pass is a time-limited program (the earlier you purchase, the more you get) that gives you 5 free base characters before they are available to the public, and they’re even put into your product library automatically for your convenience. Plus, you’ll receive 5 free HD add-ons to bring those renders to life, as well as Forum Flair to show off in the forums when conversing and sharing techniques with other artists. 

The Forum Flair is time-limited as well! If you buy in the first week, you’ll receive Platinum Flair, the second week comes with Gold Flair, and anytime after that gets you Silver Flair. When you’re in the forums, your level of Forum Flair will appear next to your name so that everyone knows you are a Season Pass holder. 

the three different kinds of forum flair available with the Daz Season Pass

The second function of Forum Flair is in line with upcoming contests. You’ll submit your renders in the contest by entering them into the Gallery and then providing the link in the forums with “#seasonpass” as the category. That is your ticket to the contest and the prizes that come along with it (which you are going to love!). 

What’s even more exciting about entering render contests throughout the season is that the winners and runners-up of those contests who hold a Season Pass will have their art featured on the Daz Season Pass page and advertisements used for the Season Pass. That means that the art that you create will be seen by millions of people, and you could be the next inspiration for someone looking to get into 3D renders!

Let The Season Begin!

You can find all the updated information as the season progresses, as well as the times and dates for the live webinar included in the Platinum and Gold packages (the Silver package will get a recorded version of it) on the Season Pass page. Note that the Season Pass won’t be available in the last week of the season and is non-refundable as your items are automatically loaded into your product library.

We want to continue to support, promote, and encourage fantastic art in our 3D universe, so we’re looking forward to seeing all the incredible renders you create! 

Post edited by Daz_Jessica on

Comments

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,126

We’re excited to announce our newest and most exciting offer yet: the Daz Season Pass. You’ve probably seen the awesome season passes in major games like Super Smash Bros. and Call of Duty, which give the most loyal customers some freebies and amazing items for a great deal. 

On April 5, 2021, the Daz Season Pass will be available and FULL of fun items for those who purchase it. This is our reward for each of you who jump on our new releases, are active in the forums, or just simply want to create incredible renders. So we’ve got a little something for each of those places.

What You’ll Receive

a gold question mark on a black and charcoal striped background

The Season Pass is a time-limited program (the earlier you purchase, the more you get) that gives you 5 free base characters before they are available to the public, and they’re even put into your library automatically for your convenience. Plus, you’ll receive 5 free HD add-ons to bring those renders to life, as well as Forum Flair to show off in the forums when conversing and sharing techniques with other artists. 

The Forum Flair is time-limited as well! If you buy in the first week, you’ll receive Platinum Flair, the second week comes with Gold Flair, and anytime after that gets you Silver Flair. When you’re in the forums, your level of Forum Flair will appear next to your name so that everyone knows you are a Season Pass holder. 

the three different kinds of forum flair available with the Daz Season Pass

The second function of Forum Flair is in line with upcoming contests. You’ll submit your renders in the contest by entering them into the Gallery and then providing the link in the forums with “#seasonpass” as the category. That is your ticket to the contest and the prizes that come along with it (which you are going to love!). Even non-Season Pass holders can join the contest, but Season Pass holders get early access to each contest!

What’s even more exciting about entering render contests throughout the season is that the winners and runners-up of those contests who hold a Season Pass will have their art featured on the Daz Season Pass page and advertisements used for the Season Pass. That means that the art that you create will be seen by millions of people, and you could be the next inspiration for someone looking to get into 3D renders!

Let The Season Begin!

You can find all the updated information as the season progresses, as well as the times and dates for the live webinar included in the Platinum and Gold packages (the Silver package will get a recorded version of it) on the Season Pass page. Note that the Season Pass won’t be available in the last week of the season and is non-refundable as your items are automatically loaded into your library.

We want to continue to support, promote, and encourage fantastic art in our 3D universe, so we’re looking forward to seeing all the incredible renders you create! 

Just asking. Will Daz also reward those who already have cumulatively spent the most in the past?
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,143
    edited April 2021

Well, always something new, right? I wonder as a frequent bundle buyer how those season pass base characters play with the bundles which are probably coming with those character releases. Will the bundles be discounted for season pass holders given that they have the base character already.

- By the way: Please make an improvement to the loading of characters/morphs a top priority with future versions of studio. I can already only install a fraction of all the (base) characters I own to keep figure load times at a reasonable limit.

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,707

I've just seen the prices on the promo page - sink my whole month's budget into something I don't even know I want... Base characters; how many will be male? or stand out in any way from the crowd of pretty caucasian twenty year olds?

Nath said:

I've just seen the prices on the promo page - sink my whole month's budget into something I don't even know I want... Base characters; how many will be male? or stand out in any way from the crowd of pretty caucasian twenty year olds?

Exactly.
  • RhaleRhale Posts: 77

Daz loot boxes.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    edited April 2021

Yeah, sounds too much like loot boxes to me.  Judging by the past few "base characters" that nothing is based on anymore, and 2 free God-knows-whats, I wouldn't come out ahead.

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,880

Personally I think it's a great idea seeing as the past four or five months I've just been buying the base characters and HD if available and not getting the bundles, and the price is fifteen bucks or so cheaper to get this pass than if I paid for all of it separately. So if you know more than likely you're going to get the base characters, you save a few bucks paying up front. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well, always something new, right? I wonder as a frequent bundle buyer how those season pass base characters play with the bundles which are probably coming with those character releases. Will the bundles be discounted for season pass holders given that they have the base character already.

That was my first question as well. It's nice to include a base character, but if we buy it with the pro bundle as well, then it loses its appeal. What's the official word on this?

- By the way: Please make an improvement to the loading of characters/morphs a top priority with future versions of studio. I can already only install a fraction of all the (base) characters I own to keep figure load times at a reasonable limit.

While we're at it, this, too. :D 

• NathNath Posts: 2,707

benniewoodell said:

Personally I think it's a great idea seeing as the past four or five months I've just been buying the base characters and HD if available and not getting the bundles, and the price is fifteen bucks or so cheaper to get this pass than if I paid for all of it separately. So if you know more than likely you're going to get the base characters, you save a few bucks paying up front. 

Loading a G8F character already takes me around three minutes, the last thing I need is to add to that without even knowing what I'm getting... But YMMV, and if it looks good to you, go for it!

• somedudesomedude Posts: 8
    edited April 2021

I think this is actually a brilliant idea, with one MASSIVE caviat... transparency.

Feels like someone in marketing has rushed this out way too early, we should be able to see all the rewards (characters/morphs/tier rewards) up-front.

Otherwise you're going to get accused of doing what others have said above, basically Loot Box'ifying a Season Pass.

Hopefully someone has some sense at HQ and will reverse this, otherwise its a hard pass to a potentially great concept.

[Edit] Also, after running the numbers it doesnt really work out for PC+ unless you like all the models (which you can't see).

Post edited by somedude on
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,880

Nath said:

benniewoodell said:

Loading a G8F character already takes me around three minutes, the last thing I need is to add to that without even knowing what I'm getting... But YMMV, and if it looks good to you, go for it!

Yeah, I've got something like 325 G8F characters and it takes a minute or two to load. I just double click on the character and alt+tab over to Facebook and use that as my social media time. But I agree, it would be nice for that to be looked at as something to fix. 

• At least in these games, you get to see what you are buying into before buying it.

All I am buying here will be question marks both figuratively and very literally, given all the promo has is question marks... 

Base characters that I might not like at all..

Free items? What does that even mean?

What are the contest prizes?? They are worth nothing for a season pass member if everyone gets in, and season pass members only get just a single day of a headstart...

Webinars and tutorials? About what exactly? Need details...

Forum flairs?? No offense, but your forums are not very attractive to begin with...

You guys seriously need to share way more information about the contents of this package.........

• somedude said:

I think this is actually a brilliant idea, with one MASSIVE caviat... transparency.

Feels like someone in marketing has rushed this out way too early, we should be able to see all the rewards (characters/morphs/tier rewards) up-front.

Otherwise you're going to get accused of doing what others have said above, basically Loot Box'ifying a Season Pass.

Hopefully someone has some sense at HQ and will reverse this, otherwise its a hard pass to a potentially great concept.

And of course it needs to be done in the next 6 days before the price goes up.  I do agree that at the moment it looks too much like a loot box.  And since DAZ may have no idea what that is, it's a mobile gaming term where they ask you to spend money without any guarentee of what you are going to get for it.  

The load times for Genesis 8 characters at this point is getting to be a very, very big issue, to the point where I will avoid adding new ones.  Paying to get five new ones I have no idea if I want is not appealing.

I'm afraid the way it stands now you are going to generate more outrage than excitement.with this.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

We asked for a roadmap and we got a mystery tour instead.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,979

How long is that "season"? Three months? Half a year?

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,089
    edited April 2021
    I'm more concerned how this relates to the Platinum Club, and if it's supposed to be an eventual replacement for it, because it seems to have that vibe for me. I don't like it, especially with what others have said that the rewards aren't mentioned.
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • MimicMolly said:

I'm more concerned how this relates to the Platinum Club, and if it's supposed to be an eventual replacement for it, because it seems to have that vibe for me. I don't like it, especially with what others have said that the rewards aren't mentioned.

No it's not replacing the PC+.. but members get the best deal :) 

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

Based on my PC+ experience, I'd bet that at least one of those "free" items will be a plant. The other will be some kind of service bot.

edited April 2021
    mr clam said:

Based on my PC+ experience, I'd bet that at least one of those "free" items will be a plant. The other will be some kind of service bot.

Hope not. The most important thing DAZ taught me: be patient. I can wait until an item is on fast grab sale, or even wait until it becomes a PC+ For A Day item
    Post edited by CHWT on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,245

"This is our reward for each of you who jump on our new releases, are active in the forums, or just simply want to create incredible renders"

I don't understand...

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited April 2021

Well, I took the plunge. But I am a sucker for the random boxes and grab bags.

But I should not have.

Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • You know, proper loot boxes show you all the possible options that could be included then items get randomized in your loot box once you buy it. I am very disinclined to purchase things blind. How am I to know this is content I'll ever even use? If there is something in the loot box I don't want, would I be able to return it or exchange it for a different item? That's alot of money to be dropping on unknown items. 

But then I've never been a gambling type.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

PerttiA said:

"This is our reward for each of you who jump on our new releases, are active in the forums, or just simply want to create incredible renders"

I don't understand...

Yeah, I'm puzzled how the people who have jumped, trolled the forums and rendered are rewarded any more than those who have not done those things.  I mean, at least with the NFTs we were told about them before the rest of the world and had a chance to get in on the ground floor before prices sky-rocketed. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,637
    edited April 2021

Are "base characters" the same thing as "Core Figures?" BTW, the page for Genesis 8 Core Figures hasn't been updated in FIVE months.

If Michael 8.1, Cleopatra 8.1, & August 8.1 are any indication of what to expect, then this is not very enticing to me.

But if I do bite, can I opt out of the Forum Flair sticker?

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • Jason Galterio said:

Well, I took the plunge. But I am a sucker for the random boxes and grab bags.

Well you sure got a forum badge-thinggy to start with ;-)

• This is dumb. How about fixing your forum so we can actually search properly?

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

Rhale said:

Daz loot boxes.

Good description.

Also, even considering all that buy most of the main releases, is it that much good? They are showing $425 as  its value, that is the Base Figure+HD times 5. But for any PC+ member, that purchase without counting any additional release day promo, goes for $208. That is less than $60 (or less than $30) and that is if you are interested in both the character and hd addon for all 5 releases. If you are selective with the hd-addon then is less or maybe you are even loosing. If you don't like one of the characters......let's not even think about it.

Now, 60 to 30 (depending when you purchase) savings is over $208 if you buy only the base +hd addon regularly on release and there is no promo for those items alone. If you purchase bundle and lets belive you will be given a discount be it automatically (hopefully) or coupon (would be bad as it would block other coupons) then the saving are more likely to be even less because you won't start from 51%. If we consider the low bundle base discount of 30% (we used to have 50% sad), then the proportional value for the base will be 45x0.7(new)x0.7(PC)x0.7(bundle), arround $15. If the hd-addon is not part of the bundle and no additional promo is available, its price would be 40x0.7(new)x0.7(PC), arround $20. So $35; times 5 we have $175 value.

So what are the extras? If you don't buy early is mostly just a flair that it even of "lower" quality that the earlier purchases. So you pay $5 extra for that and and a day early entry to contest? All while loosing the chance to skip a character/hd addon if it is not your cup of tea. 

Sorry, but i find this season pass to be not only a loot box. In terms of the assets, is actually expensive. 

• xyer0 said:

Are "base characters" the same thing as "Core Figures?" BTW, the page for Genesis 8 Core Figures hasn't been updated in FIVE months.

If Michael 8.1, Cleopatra 8.1, & August 8.1 are any indication of what to expect, then this is not very enticing to me.

But if I do bite, can I opt out of the Forum Flair sticker?

Yes, name 8.1 characters as far as I understand it.

Wolfwood said:

Rhale said:

Daz loot boxes.

Good description.

Also, even considering all that buy most of the main releases, is it that much good? They are showing $425 as  its value, that is the Base Figure+HD times 5. But for any PC+ member, that purchase without counting any additional release day promo, goes for $208. That is less than $60 (or less than $30) and that is if you are interested in both the character and hd addon for all 5 releases. If you are selective with the hd-addon then is less or maybe you are even loosing. If you don't like one of the characters......let's not even think about it.

Now, 60 to 30 (depending when you purchase) savings is over $208 if you buy only the base +hd addon regularly on release and there is no promo for those items alone. If you purchase bundle and lets belive you will be given a discount be it automatically (hopefully) or coupon (would be bad as it would block other coupons) then the saving are more likely to be even less because you won't start from 51%. If we consider the low bundle base discount of 30% (we used to have 50% sad), then the proportional value for the base will be 45x0.7(new)x0.7(PC)x0.7(bundle), arround $15. If the hd-addon is not part of the bundle and no additional promo is available, its price would be 40x0.7(new)x0.7(PC), arround $20. So $35; times 5 we have $175 value.

So what are the extras? If you don't buy early is mostly just a flair that it even of "lower" quality that the earlier purchases. So you pay $5 extra for that and and a day early entry to contest? All while loosing the chance to skip a character/hd addon if it is not your cup of tea. 

Sorry, but i find this season pass to be not only a loot box. In terms of the assets, is actually expensive. 

Great analysis.
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,412
    edited April 2021

I jump on new releases. I'm active in the forums. And I love to create incredible renders. But I can't afford this!

And I didn't realise Daz was a video game. What? Did you guys get the idea from Tekken 7?

What's the point of PC+ now? Surely you'll end up phasing it out at some point in the future.

I'm so f***ing mad right now. 

Thanks for thinking about your low income members, guys *sarcasm*.

Post edited by N-RArts on