The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!

Comments

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,126
    N_R Arts said:

I jump on new releases. I'm active in the forums. And I love to create incredible renders. But I can't afford this!

What's the point of PC+ now?

I'm so mad right now. 

Thanks for thinking about your low income members, guys *sarcasm*.

The price is outrageous, and I snapped upon seeing the promo page
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited April 2021

Response deleted.

Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • TirickTirick Posts: 225

Far too rich for my blood. It seems like a thin cash grab honestly. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,637

PerttiA said:

"This is our reward for each of you who jump on our new releases, are active in the forums, or just simply want to create incredible renders"

I don't understand...

You do understand.

It seems to me that this is a final death knell for usable numbered character bundles. At $30 per character/HD Add-On, to make this any appreciable savings, prices must be about to go up.

Thanks, Richard, for answering my question. 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,412

@CHWT: I saw the promo on the store page. I knew what was coming. 

There's so much I could rant about, but I could get into trouble.

Some people are never satisfied.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited April 2021

Well you sure got a forum badge-thinggy to start with ;-)

Looks nice underneath that broken avatar placeholder.  ;) 

I don't know what to do, I like the idea of the base characters and HD morphs being included in this deal, but like others have said, I'd really like to have at least SOME clue as to what the upcoming figures may be. In fighting game season passes, even if you don't want to use the new characters, you need to understand them a little if you're going to play against others who use them. Here, if we don't like the character, it sits in our library taking up space. I only skimmed over the contest part, but that seems as confusing as any other DAZ promotion. Why does everything around here have to be so much more complicated than necessary?

Also, that cost is per year? (edit, wait it's for 3 months? It's $149 every three months?)

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,126
    Well, this seasonal pass thing is a business decision. "Take it or leave it" I understand but DAZ please pay extra attention to your product quality, I posted in another thread that there seems to be wrong maps packed with Trevon 8.1
  • Yeah, it's definitely a no go for me. I don't know what DAZ is currently thinking, but this is just another trend that they're jumping onto.

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 904
    edited April 2021

This is just a way to make those five characters non-refundable.  What if they ship with broken morphs or materials (something not unheard of in these parts)?

Post edited by RobotHeadArt on
  • Pantros2Pantros2 Posts: 71

If any of the next 5 releases are not something I would buy and need the HD for, this is overpriced. The only way this is worth it is if I'm vain enough to want to show off my vanity with an icon in the forums and I think I'm good enough to win a render contest against professional artists and I will buy and use unseen models in closeup renders. I'm can't see paying $150 for a grab bag of random characters. What if one is furry or another gnome or dwarf or orc?

PC+ perks have been evaporating since there is almost no Daz Original content released to spend my monthly coupon on. Everything is PA or PA partnered.

The phase out of pro bundles was annoying. The twice a week old+new content bundles for barely a discount was annoying.

Adding a more elite "club" is a kick in the teeth.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,247

SnowSultan said:

Well you sure got a forum badge-thinggy to start with ;-)

Looks nice underneath that broken avatar placeholder.  ;) 

I don't know what to do, I like the idea of the base characters and HD morphs being included in this deal, but like others have said, I'd really like to have at least SOME clue as to what the upcoming figures may be. In fighting game season passes, even if you don't want to use the new characters, you need to understand them a little if you're going to play against others who use them. Here, if we don't like the character, it sits in our library taking up space. I only skimmed over the contest part, but that seems as confusing as any other DAZ promotion. Why does everything around here have to be so much more complicated than necessary?

Also, that cost is per year? (edit, wait it's for 3 months? It's $149 every three months?)

Someone on some other context on an other forum might say something about smoke and mirrors, but not me wink

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

RobotHeadArt said:

This is just a way to make those five characters non-refundable.  What if they ship with broken morphs or materials (something not unheard of in these parts)?

To be fair, I've never found a base/core character to have those kinds of issues.  But yeah, I don't imagine they'd be refundable.

• RhaleRhale Posts: 77
    edited April 2021

SnowSultan said:

It's for 2 months  - April 5th to June 6th. So $900 a year for PC+ members.

Post edited by Rhale on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551

I like the core characters, but since I don't buy females, I suspect this would not be a good deal for me.   Carry On! I shall enjoy watching the spectacle.

• Pantros2 said:

If any of the next 5 releases are not something I would buy and need the HD for, this is overpriced. The only way this is worth it is if I'm vain enough to want to show off my vanity with an icon in the forums and I think I'm good enough to win a render contest against professional artists and I will buy and use unseen models in closeup renders. I'm can't see paying $150 for a grab bag of random characters. What if one is furry or another gnome or dwarf or orc?

PC+ perks have been evaporating since there is almost no Daz Original content released to spend my monthly coupon on. Everything is PA or PA partnered.

The phase out of pro bundles was annoying. The twice a week old+new content bundles for barely a discount was annoying.

Adding a more elite "club" is a kick in the teeth.

Exactly. Whoever is running DAZ right now seems to be turning DAZ into a club for rich people. I remember back when I first joined DAZ in 2014, it was a hobbyist community with very affordable content. now, it's like DAZ's management is panicking to keep the company afloat since their relevancy has been falling to the point where companies like Epic Games and Reallusion have much better quality of content while DAZ is doing this stuff and ignoring the true problems that everyone has been complaining about for years.

edited April 2021

Response deleted.

Rhale said:

SnowSultan said:

It's for 2 months  - April 5th to June 6th. So $900 a year for PC+ members.

LOL, well I guess we don't know yet if this will be a year-round thing, but yikes...I could buy Zbrush for that. 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,412
    edited April 2021

Rhale said:

SnowSultan said:

It's for 2 months  - April 5th to June 6th. So $900 a year for PC+ members.#

I'm sorry, but those aren't "it's just a hobby" amounts... Those.are.nuts.

Post edited by N-RArts on

since their relevancy has been falling to the point where companies like Epic Games and Reallusion have much better quality of content

That's not even close to being true if you're talking about high-quality meshes for artistic use. 

• SnowSultan said:

since their relevancy has been falling to the point where companies like Epic Games and Reallusion have much better quality of content

That's not even close to being true if you're talking about high-quality meshes for artistic use. 

IClone has the ability to render in iray (just like DAZ), but what makes Reallusion better is that it is direct integration with UE4, Unity and so much more. Compare the features that Reallusion has and what DAZ has, you'll see the quality differences. 

• Well, there are some more days to decide whether it's a pass or I'll pass ;-)

I need at least some info how this pass-owned base characters & HD work with bundles. Back in the good old days the HD was sometimes included or I've used the HD to trigger further discounts. Owning the base+HD already would make meeting a "buy bundle + x add-ons" even harder plus I need a word on whether this is good for an extra bundle discount or not. 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,210
    People who pay for the Season Pass and enter contests get the exciting privilege of providing Daz with free images that can be used to further promote Daz products?
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Jason Galterio said:

Honestly I don't see this any different than purchasing store credit.

When I buy the credit, I am spending money on future purchases where I have no idea what they will be. I'm just locking in my future purchase at a discount by promising to buy something.

Now I just got an additional discount, since I used store credit, for items that I won't know what they will be. But odds are I would have purchased the base characters anyway...

IFF you buy every base character, it's not a bad deal.  I buy one in two or three (one since 8.1), but I don't know how typical I am.  You do get that sexy forum badge and 2 things that may change your life for the better, along with something to do with a contest.

Blood-Paw: Oh, I thought you were talking about the quality of the 3D assets themselves. DAZ is still best, bar none, but yes, they have lousy compatibility and integration with other programs.

edited April 2021

Response deleted.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    edited April 2021

This is not really like store credit. With store credit, you can opt-out of buying any item you want.  Not so here. I can't afford this, and even if I could I probably wouldn't get it. I'm trying to be more selective about what characters I get so that I don't end up with a 5 minute load time for a single G8. But hey, at least Daz is selling assets here... sort of. 

Post edited by Sera on
  • Blood-PawWerewolfBlood-PawWerewolf Posts: 296
    edited April 2021

My only concern is that of exclusive content/figures that non subscribers are locked out of. If they start doing that, yeah, that's over the line, since tons of video games have been doing exactly that and end up being horrible.

Post edited by Blood-PawWerewolf on
  • Daz_JessicaDaz_Jessica Posts: 155

BeeMKay said:

How long is that "season"? Three months? Half a year?

Great question! It's about 2 months long. 

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

How many seasons a year will you offer? 

• Daz_JessicaDaz_Jessica Posts: 155

Jason Galterio said:

Sevrin said:

Jason Galterio said:

Honestly I don't see this any different than purchasing store credit.

When I buy the credit, I am spending money on future purchases where I have no idea what they will be. I'm just locking in my future purchase at a discount by promising to buy something.

Now I just got an additional discount, since I used store credit, for items that I won't know what they will be. But odds are I would have purchased the base characters anyway...

IFF you buy every base character, it's not a bad deal.  I buy one in two or three (one since 8.1), but I don't know how typical I am.  You do get that sexy forum badge and 2 things that may change your life for the better, along with something to do with a contest.

I also don't mind supporting new things that DAZ wants to try...  as long as they are at least associated with the base product.

I'd rather this not be a 4x a year thing though. Once or twice a year I could swallow, more than that and I'd have to take a pass.

We don't yet know if this will be a once a year thing, twice a year, etc. We want to try new things and see what works.