Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

WendyLuvsCatz said:

try clicking the limits icon off then animation tab zero pose

many 3DU things need this, can turn limits back on afterwards if that is it

Ah, OK.  I remember having to do something like this for some Gramps! items, but I don't remember where to find the 'limits icon.'

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

are they instanced legs?

I don't have it to look

edited March 2021

Aha!  The bug legs are separate models.  They load on top of each other in Carrara and need to be translated to the correct place and orientation.  Also, have to make sure not to move the shoulder socket at the same time moving shoulder.  Lower leg bones are no longer attached to the mesh of the lower legs.  sad

bugs legs separate models.jpg
    1648 x 979 - 240K
    bug legs separate models.jpg
    1416 x 863 - 136K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Bunyip02 said:

Hello Diomede, don't have this critter but had my eye on it.

In the Carrara render it looks as though the legs don't correspond to the joint receptacle on the body, is that the case ?

Other than blended weight I don't have any ideas for this one. Maybe Misty might be able to help....

Yes.  You are correct.  The legs do not correspond to the joint receptacles on the body upon default load.  However, I was able to remove all constraints and translate the legs.

Unfortunately, the rigging of the extra legs is no longer effective, even for the Blended Weight version

Bunyip02 said:

Hello Diomede, don't have this critter but had my eye on it.

In the Carrara render it looks as though the legs don't correspond to the joint receptacle on the body, is that the case ?

Other than blended weight I don't have any ideas for this one. Maybe Misty might be able to help....

Yes.  You are correct.  The legs do not correspond to the joint receptacles on the body upon default load.  However, I was able to remove all constraints and translate the legs.

Unfortunately, the rigging of the extra legs is no longer effective, even for the Blended Weight version

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

Can you check the model in DAZ Studio to see if those legs are instances or geografts by any chance ?

My guess is that the legs are instanced, but I can't tell in Studio because the node names may have been changed.  But in Carrara, all the legs for left side load on top of each other and are the same size and orientation.  Back in Studio, three of those legs are the same size, but the fourth is smaller.  In Studio, the legs are at slightly different starting rotations around the shell, and the front legs are smaller.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    PC+ 2.99 for an excellent G8 character by Vyusur. Woman, alien and HD addon in one. https://www.daz3d.com/neeya-hd-for-genesis-8-female
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Must have had a time limit on it.  When I clicked the link it shows me 18.95. Bummer, missed another one

Guessing the weekend will have a catch up PC+ sale for most 2.99 items you may have missed...
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

a few of the Collective3d Neighborhood is in the 2.99 category.
    https://www.daz3d.com/collective3d-neighborhood-block-1-part-c

i'm a lil skeptical about the quality 

I don't get it!  Why am I not seeing these?  I click on the link and all I see is the regular price

It worked a few hours ago, but now all sales are gone...
    edited April 2021

its still showing 2.99 in my cart.  but the product page is showing full price.

if the store is glitching again, not gonna risk a hundreds over charge.

same wih the stables. product page full price.  cart sale price.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited April 2021

Sent in a ticket to the help desk.  

As the OP states, are you guys getting actual e-mails of Sale Items or do you fing them by hunting for them?  Or is there a link or subscribe button that I need to click.  Cause I've never gotten e-mail notifications for anything, and i"ve been a member forever.

It's clear that I'm logged in cause I'm able to post this, but when I'm logged in I can't see any of the sale prices on anything in the store, but when I log out, the sale prices are there.  I get this in Edge and Chrome.  Thought maybe there was something wrong with my account, so changed my PW, but still still the same.

Post edited by ProPose on

HaHa It's fixed, but I'm still not paying 300 bucks for a bannana suit

Bananna.JPG
    292 x 460 - 28K
  • mschackmschack Posts: 337

wow is that a mistake?

All temp PC+ items are back for the weekend at 3.99, if you missed them at 2.99.
    The 6 off 18 coupon works with the temp PC items, brings them to 2.79 for 5 items. Reporting it here since the store is sketchy about the coupon, for me it often does not work when it should, in both the old and new store...

3drendero said:

All temp PC+ items are back for the weekend at 3.99, if you missed them at 2.99.

Thank you Sir, I got what I wanted 

includes carrara shaders
    https://www.daz3d.com/pentonville-modern

edited April 2021

Thanks.  missed those.  doh.

6 hour flash sale.  including GCs.  not sure when it started.

n/m flash sale over already, surprise

theres a few c3d neighborhood packs in the FG

edited April 2021

the FG has animates packs in it.

tho the carrara animates importer is quirky

edited April 2021

is a giftcard sale on

theres a few of DimensionTheory's hdri packs on sale 
    no carrara preset, manual load to bacckground

edited April 2021

low res mr scallywags 60 percents https://www.daz3d.com/mr-scallywags

gc sale still working. 

2$ Carrara shader for David 5. Gone forever in a week. https://www.daz3d.com/more-2-dollar-vaulted
    Some more Carrara shaders are 65% off in the sale today. More if you have 1 of the bundled items, in cart
    edited April 2021
    Freebie with code today, good quality selection. /Edit includes Carrara shaders.
    Post edited by 3drendero on