Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 4

1444546474850»

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I know these renders are supposed to be quick test renders but her skin looks weird in the light. lol

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Depending on what lights you use, she will really change. Anglor Wat Temple has a lot of yellow, her skin has a bit of green tint (moreso than ruddy) so you'll just have to play. And it also depends on your monitor. For me, she's a grayish green but I'm more concerned about the morphs. If you look at the promo, you'll see she has a different type of material than many other characters though. I can just tweak her materials in Surface, but if the morphs aren't right, it would be a non-starter. Have you tried GenX?

edited December 1969

No, I do not have $37.95 to spend on Genesis Generation X2. :lol:

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited August 2014

I have found using the eye fix on V4/A4 Thorne characters transferred with GenX works fine, it's when transferring A3 characters over that you get the buggy eye look and eye fix doesn't really help, you have to use a lot of the eye adjustments to make it look even half decent, and then the eyes seem small and narrow instead of big and round like they should. Some examples I still have : Barliecorn for V4 transferred really good, Mila A3, tried some eye adjustments...not so good, Mulberry A3...buggy eyes not so good. the last oneis Mulberry after I played around a lot with the eye adjustments

Mulberry_G.jpg
    960 x 960 - 448K
    Mulberryeye2.jpg
    960 x 1920 - 417K
    Milaeyefix.jpg
    960 x 960 - 201K
    Barlieconvert.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 397K
    Post edited by Kharma on
    edited December 1969

Curious- have you thought about trying the eye fix for one of the Gen 4 characters from Thorne? Wonder what that would do. (after you do the GenX, not before.) I saw your renders on the GenX thread (the monster 60 page one, I got lost.) Your characters are cute!

edited December 1969

No, I do not have $37.95 to spend on Genesis Generation X2. :lol:

I know what you mean- I had the first one and from what the thread was saying, it was 66% off for the upgrade at the time. And I think when I got the original one, it was on sale, because I don't have almost $40 for something other than bundles with quite a few products in them.

I have to say I did get (and discussed) the Beautiful Bends product and it does a really nice job with eliminating the creasing on the bent arms, buttocks, knees/legs- but I prefer Genesis.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited August 2014

http://www.daz3d.com/beautiful-bends-for-genesis-2-female-s
    are you referring to that?

I thought that was for mimicking muscle flexing, not just the crease thing.
    (EDIT)
    oh! there is a bundle now, time to swap out the wishlist stuff.
    http://www.daz3d.com/beautiful-bends-for-genesis-2-bundle

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/beautiful-bends-v4

For V4 :)
    If you type beautiful bends in the search, you'll get the entire page of them.
    http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=beautiful+bends&x=0&y=0

edited August 2014

"O", so much for my nagging question then. Is it like clothing auto follow that can be turned off or on, or a script to run after everything is posed.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

I haven't used it in awhile. But if I recall, once you pose Victoria, you just click and you have the option of the full body, or just body parts.

This says,"Just load her into your scene, inject the Base morph and any other morphs you want to use. Apply conforming clothing, pose her then render."

“Poses:By Function”
    :“Kneeling”
    :“Laying”
    :“Sitting”
    :“Standing”
    “Poses:By Region:Full Body”

Usage Tips and Tricks:
    After loading the figure (CR2), please inject V4 Base morphs (for JCMs, expressions and visemes) and any morphs you want to use with V4.

She comes with a basic Victoria 4 NoGens MAT file for Poser, and a few NoGens MAT options for DAZ Studio along with an UberEnvironment2 Light Preset. It is recommended you also change her textures and materials. Just apply any MAT files you have (or surfaces presets).

Pose then render. It's that simple. The adjustments will work automatically as you move any of the influencing body parts.

Changing the dials will only affect V4, IT WILL NOT affect conforming clothing. They will still follow the general shape of the adjustments (when magnetized to V4).

edited December 1969

thank you, I was just curious about the functions of the stuff in my next epic purchase.

Back a bit, Morph toolbox
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/655119/
    If I read that correct, it can take a shape on/off preset and turn it into a slider? or dose it just combine preexisting sliders into a simpler control option.

And more to this Eye fix, is that solely for V4 textures on Genesis (1or2).

edited December 1969

Haven't a clue about the Toolbox, it's discussed more on that 60 page thread and I was frankly overwhelmed with a lot of the discussion as one thing leads to another. Right now I'm just going to do my V4 heads onto Genesis, then maybe explore GenX2 in relationship to other things. All the clips on that post were my snippets of things that I have to look into / try to remember. And there's a lot more. (SIGH.) :)

The eye fix is from some of Thorne's V4 (and I take it from Kharma, A3) characters. I don't know if the eye fixes for one character (say a V4 Thorne character) work on another one.

http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis
    Here's something puzzling me. I know GenX transfers morphs, not shapes. This product dials up Genesis with the V4/M4 shapes by using morphs. Is there any advantage to using this with GenX? And how do you? (when I say GenX, it refers to GenX2, the latest one.)

Or do you just use this on Genesis, and then you can load a V4 character onto Genesis?

Now you can add the most popular DAZ 3D male and female shapes ever created onto the Genesis base figure. With this morph pack you will be able to dial up the Genesis base figure to 100% Victoria 4, Michael 4, or mix and blend them with each other or any other figures or combination of figures you may have for the Genesis base. By adding these iconic shapes to your Genesis figure portfolio, you begin to see the power of Genesis.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Haven't a clue about the Toolbox, it's discussed more on that 60 page thread and I was frankly overwhelmed with a lot of the discussion as one thing leads to another. Right now I'm just going to do my V4 heads onto Genesis, then maybe explore GenX2 in relationship to other things. All the clips on that post were my snippets of things that I have to look into / try to remember. And there's a lot more. (SIGH.) :)

The eye fix is from some of Thorne's V4 (and I take it from Kharma, A3) characters. I don't know if the eye fixes for one character (say a V4 Thorne character) work on another one.

http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis
    Here's something puzzling me. I know GenX transfers morphs, not shapes. This product dials up Genesis with the V4/M4 shapes by using morphs. Is there any advantage to using this with GenX? And how do you? (when I say GenX, it refers to GenX2, the latest one.)

Or do you just use this on Genesis, and then you can load a V4 character onto Genesis?

Now you can add the most popular DAZ 3D male and female shapes ever created onto the Genesis base figure. With this morph pack you will be able to dial up the Genesis base figure to 100% Victoria 4, Michael 4, or mix and blend them with each other or any other figures or combination of figures you may have for the Genesis base. By adding these iconic shapes to your Genesis figure portfolio, you begin to see the power of Genesis.

The M4/V4 shapes definitely help because they change the shape of Genesis to have the shape of V4 or M4, and thus, the new morphs created by Gen X will look more like how they should (closer to how they originally looked on their Generation 4 figures)
    edited December 1969

Thanks Tramp. :) So what you're saying is load up Genesis with the V4 shape product in addition to the GenX'd morph. (Is that the same as the "clone" figure? They kept using that term in the other thread)

Now, to try and be a bit technical- if the V4 shape product has the V4 shape onto Genesis, does that help with the UV mapping or would I still want to use the Corrected V4 UV product?

edited December 1969

Sorry, to be clear- what I mean by "load up Genesis" is do the GenX on V4, then for the Genesis figure I am going to use, do the Shapes product and the GenX that I made.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Sorry, to be clear- what I mean by "load up Genesis" is do the GenX on V4, then for the Genesis figure I am going to use, do the Shapes product and the GenX that I made.

Yes. Once the transfer is completed, use the V4 or M4 shape on your basic Genesis figure before dialing up the new morphs. This will allow the new morphs to look more like they did on the original V4 or M4 figure.
    edited August 2014

Thank you. And what about the corrected UV for Victoria 4? Would I need to use that too? (or, be ABLE to? Are they compatible?

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Thank you. And what about the corrected UV for Victoria 4? Would I need to use that too? (or, be ABLE to? Are they compatible?
    That I couldn't tell you, since I don't have that. Even The Genesis Gen X, so far, I've only used it twice, and even then only to convert some genital morphs, which you don't really need to use the V4 shape to use. I haven't done any full character morphs yet.
    edited December 1969

Appreciate it. I might play around with a combination of the three when I get some time (GenX, the shapes, and the corrected UV)

edited December 1969

I just recently picked up the Furisode for Genesis from SickleYield/Fuseling, for my character Tommie to wear in Japan. It's a very nice set and looks great on her. Working the sleeves is tricky (hence why it comes with an instruction manual), but it's just a gorgeous piece. For those who don't know, a Furisode (pronounced foo-REE-soh-day) is a type of formal kimono worn exclusively by young, unmarried women when they come of marriageable age for events such as weddings, graduation, coming of age celebration (typically when she hits age 20 in Japan), and tea ceremonies, and also by little girls at Shichi-Go-San festivals. I'd love to figure out how to use the morphs and differnt textures to make it into a Tomesode or Tsukesage/Houmongi (Types of Kimono) so that my married women (like my character Maria) could wear it too.

The Furisode for Genesis is a complete set containing the Furisode, two different Obi, an Obijime, a pair of Tabi socks, and a pair of Zori sandals. Each piece has several gorgeous textures to choose from in a wide variety of colors and patterns. Given who I have wearing it, I chose the blue one with butterflies with the dark blue floral Obi and light blue Obijime.

Furisode-(small).jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Interesting explanation! :) I don't have that particular outfit because I haven't used any of my Asian outfits yet, but I did notice the sleeves and thought they were pretty cool. The colors look good on her and I like the shadows down on the bottom (our right) as they add a really nice depth to the scene. Very nice lighting too.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Invited Guest Contributor

- Northwell Horse Stables http://www.daz3d.com/northwell-horse-stables
    - Millennium Cat http://www.daz3d.com/millennium-cat
    - Luxus http://www.daz3d.com/luxus
    Photo-shop

Stallen.jpg
    1366 x 1767 - 701K
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Interesting explanation! :) I don't have that particular outfit because I haven't used any of my Asian outfits yet, but I did notice the sleeves and thought they were pretty cool. The colors look good on her and I like the shadows down on the bottom (our right) as they add a really nice depth to the scene. Very nice lighting too.
    Thanks. If you haven't guessed from previous pics of her, blue is Tommie's favorite color. :cheese:
    edited December 1969

Hi Novica, I answered your question about the shadow on the beach here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/656661/

edited December 1969

Starionwolf- I posted over there. Thanks!

Sasje, horses do love cats! (Well, many of them.) My horses in Minnesota, when it was windchill well below zero, all had their blankets on and the barn was also heated. The barn cats would curl up on the horse's back and snooze. If they made beds in the hay (under the corner feeders, where hay would drop through) the horses would carefully pick around the hay and not disturb the cats. It was SO cute! My Arabian Nova did that with Mew, his barn buddy- there was always a circular hole in the hay where she had spent the night.

That other horse looks like he wants in on the action too!

edited August 2014

I'm rather sad- Jaderail always teased me about having to close "another monster thread." It's almost that time again.

If Admin would so kindly NOT start another thread, and just close this one at post 100, as the one I am working on will become thread 5.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44327/ will be the thread and I am posting the links to all the renders from thread 2 currently. When this thread is closed, everyone feel free to hop over there and post, I have all the reserved posts already positioned. And remember to subscribe to the new thread or you'll be in lah-lah land waiting for posts here. We only have a few more to go.

So when closed, please put the link above, and we'll be good to go. Appreciate your help.

New thread here

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.