Keep Jaderail in Your Thoughts

Comments

• edited July 2014

Luci45 said:
    Maybe the best way to remember Jeff is to try to be a little more like him. Do those little things that make us all think fondly of him. Nothing he did was on a huge scale, just simple things, little things. Maybe we could all put in a little effort to do more simple little things for each other. Make a small effort to be a little kinder, be a little more helpful to each other. Jeff never did any one big amazing thing, but by doing a thousand simple little things, he had an amazing impact on us all. Jeff is gone, lets remember him by carrying on the way he lived.

I think we should and we can. Maybe you are more like him than you realize. I hope that I am.

Thank you.

nah, i'm pretty much an a-social mysanthropic schizoid jerk. how Jeff and I got to be such good friends is beyond me, it had to be all his doing

LycanthropeX... I'm often afraid that your description of yourself can also be applied to me. :red: :lol:

Don't be so hard on yourself and I'll try and do the same. Having read your posts for some time now... You seem like a perfectly decent bloke to me, and although unique, you don't seem to be that much stranger then the rest of us. ;-) ;-P

I certainly agree with your post about remembering Jeff by trying to be a little more like him. :coolsmile:

Best regards.
    7thStone

Post edited by 7th Stone Productions on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited July 2014

7thStone said:
    Luci45 said:
    Maybe the best way to remember Jeff is to try to be a little more like him. Do those little things that make us all think fondly of him. Nothing he did was on a huge scale, just simple things, little things. Maybe we could all put in a little effort to do more simple little things for each other. Make a small effort to be a little kinder, be a little more helpful to each other. Jeff never did any one big amazing thing, but by doing a thousand simple little things, he had an amazing impact on us all. Jeff is gone, lets remember him by carrying on the way he lived.

I think we should and we can. Maybe you are more like him than you realize. I hope that I am.

Thank you.

nah, i'm pretty much an a-social mysanthropic schizoid jerk. how Jeff and I got to be such good friends is beyond me, it had to be all his doing

LycanthropeX... I'm often afraid that your description of yourself can also be applied to me. :red: :lol:

Don't be so hard on yourself and I'll try and do the same. Having read your posts for some time now... You seem like a perfectly decent bloke to me, and although unique, you don't seem to be that much stranger then the rest of us. ;-) ;-P

I certainly agree with your post about remembering Jeff by trying to be a little more like him. :coolsmile:

Best regards.
    7thStone

I love strange people...well I like to call out of the norm, someone who stands out. Me I just sit in a box beside the door hoping no one notices me. I am the one that speaks to all people no matter how far out of the norm they are. Oh the things I has seen and heard and the people I have meet. Face to Face this is. You know the people that the average Joe Blogs would give a wide berth and ignore. I am not much good online but hopefully getting better at it.

Jeff was a big inspiration for me to keep helping out around here, not in any official capacity just because like Jeff I love doing it when and where I can within the bounds of my knowledge base. He became so much more better at it too, a joy to see.

Post edited by Szark on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

I have started a thread in the Art forum for people to post their renders and photos of Jeff, so we can all remember and morn his passing. It is the most that I can muster at the moment.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44237/

All are invited, All I ask, is for the respect of Jeff, His friends, and family. We miss you Blue friend, Jeff.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

Is it wrong of me to keep expecting him to return, but then realizing he will never? I keep hoping he would return and tell me to keep stupid in the stupid thread or something like that.

edited December 1969

Is it wrong of me to keep expecting him to return, but then realizing he will never? I keep hoping he would return and tell me to keep stupid in the stupid thread or something like that.
    Agreed. I keep expecting him to correct me, or offer more insight to my posts last night. There are so many offering help in the New User forum today, and it is difficult to read the posts threw the tears.
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

yeah this isn't like the "I'm leaving the forums" posts, this is more permanent

But if we keep him in our memories, he will always be with us

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Novica said:
    I think Jaderail would love the idea of folks rendering his pull. He had such a delightful sense of humor and would have enjoyed seeing what everyone else came up with. A thread with just those renders would be fun to see and it is a nice way to honor our friend. The theme is "Freak Accidents."

...I thought about it but alas, only have one of the items.

On another note, I've seen two banners now. Is either one available?
    I think Spyro and Luci45 made them. You could PM them to see if they mind. If not, you could right-click and download them.

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

Not at all. I've been dabbling with helping people in the new users forum. One question recently I actually said aloud, "I'm sure Jaderail will be by with a screen shot shortly." Then I remembered that he wouldn't be. All I can say is that I miss him, and I know it is not nearly as much as others do.

WWJD? What would Jaderail do?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

yeah new users
    I have to answer them myself AND follow up probably instead of of dropping a link on skype to Jeff saying this poor sod has no idea help please him before I confuse the F out of him,
    he used to say I will get there, I have to read all my set forums no jumping the queue.

edited December 1969

Don't be to harsh on yourself wendy♥catz, My ability to slap arrows on screen-caps with explanation text is limited because of my new computer. I've looked at some posts, and decided not to respond, as I don't have what there asking about, or I have not gotten to learning Blender yet.

Also your renders and vids of his avatar are really cool. I'm about to watch the one about the Ball and his liking of wigs, lol.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/604821/

edited December 1969

Jeff was my favourite audience for my videos and he did not hold back on criticism or suggestions
    I did an awful lot of Jaderail parodies both video and renders.
    I now will leave doing the Jaderail renders to others to remember him as mine were done to tease him when with me, is too sad now.
    He shared his duf preset with me, I bought the needed morphs and texture.
    often jokingly said he was sorry he did so!! after yet another silly Jaderail video or render!

• AmaltheaAmalthea Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Signed the guest book. Couldn't think of how to word anything for it though. :(

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited July 2014

Its with a very heavy heart that I let you all know Jade has passed away :( They took him off life support earlier this evening and he passed away quietly and without pain. True to his lovely/ loving nature, he was an organ donor so some of him will live on helping others as he always had in life. He was a good, dear friend to many in this community. For anyone who knew him, he was all heart and was always there to lend a hand, give advice, or just listen. He was a truly wonderful man.

He will be dearly missed by all of us.....

So sad to hear this...Jade was a wonderful person and he will be sorely missed.

Condolences to his family and loved ones...

edited to add: I'm going to light a candle for him...

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

In the memory Jeff, you are most welcome to use mine on this forum if you wish. I made 2 versions, the first and an alternate. If you or anyone would like it feel free to :)

I also Made some with no text in case anyone wishes to have their own words.

RememberingJadeALTB_SpyroRue.png
    480 x 80 - 30K
    RememberingJadeB_SpyroRue.png
    480 x 80 - 21K
    RememberingJadeALT_SpyroRue.png
    480 x 80 - 43K
    RememberingJadeA_SpyroRue.png
    480 x 80 - 35K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

SpyroRue said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

In the memory Jeff, you are most welcome to use mine on this forum if you wish. I made 2 versions, the first and an alternate. If you or anyone would like it feel free to :)

Thank you Spyro.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the banner Spyro

edited July 2014

SpyroRue said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Thank you Spyro.

Thanks for the banner Spyro

You're most welcome :)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Beautiful work, I spotted this on DA. They say a picture tells a thousand words, but to me, this tells much more :)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

That is so beautiful Kerya.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    edited December 1969

My condolences to Jaderail's family and friends... he was quite a nice fellow and a great community member. He will be missed by all.

• berriboyberriboy Posts: 171
    edited December 1969

I just saw this. Jaderail helped me so much when I first started using Daz. If he posted a comment in the New Users Contest that I didn't quite understand he would take the time to do a tutorial to show what he meant. His Golden Rules Camera is the most used prop I have ever installed.

This is my first post in two years and it saddens me that I didn't get to know him better. I stopped posting because of a resentment (not with Jaderail) that I can't even remember the details of now and lost the chance. Without his help and encouragement I would have given up Daz in the first few months of using it.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

It was a shock when I dropped into the forum today and saw this announcement. Condolences to his family and friends.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I played a gig last night and dedicated my first song of the evening to Jaderail.

edited July 2014

I played a gig last night and dedicated my first song of the evening to Jaderail.

Hope was not little girl with a knife :vampire:
    edit, see it is called stabbity stabbity stab stab
    Jaderail liked to do that with his pointy thing (The Drow that is)
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Kerya, that is beautiful. Jaderail will always be flitting around in our hearts, and the forums.

If I recall, the service is at 2pm today? I will double check that, as I intend to stop what I am doing at that time and take a moment to show my respect.

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited July 2014

Rest in Peace, Jaderail...
    Very sad news.
    I'm sending my condolences to everyone who knew him.

The pic below is my Apophysis flame which I made to comfort my friend few years ago..
    -Teresa :(

tyllo_WingedWay.jpg
    916 x 975 - 194K
    Post edited by Teresa Tyllo on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Beautiful work and symbolism!

Dana

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Hope was not little girl with a knife :vampire:
    edit, see it is called stabbity stabbity stab stab
    Jaderail liked to do that with his pointy thing (The Drow that is)

It was an Irish wake song called "Look at the coffin". Nobody does death like us Irish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXA0BsOxaDA