Keep Jaderail in Your Thoughts

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I didn't interact with him here very much, and not at all outside the forums, but he was always a very helpful and encouraging person. I know from communicating with Wendy how dear he was to her heart, and that alone speaks volumes to his character.

Rest in peace Jeff.

To his friends and family, it's a bitter pill that only time will mellow, but he's in a better place now. My condolences to you all.

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

RIP Jaderail. I know you are in a better place now.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

word just escape me at this loss. he was a wonderful man and will be missed by all. I can't even think, I'm just in shock. farewell my friend..here's a pie for you!!

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

"Ave Atque Vale"

Hail and Farewell, Jaderail...

Seems fitting for an avid RPer.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,064
    edited December 1969

I never new Jade outside the forums, but I learned a fair bit from his posts here. I don't know why, but his passing has affected me quite a bit. Every time I try to read this thread it gets all blurry; I guess I was telling my ophthalmologist the truth yesterday when I said I didn't have problems with dry eye.

Damn. All blurry again.

RIP, Jade - we already miss you.

• Michael GMichael G Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Only just found out about this, this morning. Such a sad tragic loss, its true what they say that only the good people die young and he was a good man with a very kind heart, gone way too soon. R.I.P Mr JD.

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Just heard about this. Incredibly sad for the loss. :(

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,323
    edited December 1969

Just read the sad news. I don't know why my eyes get wet because I didn't know him personally, but he was such an active, radiant and important person in this forum that I feel as if I knew him. Thank you and farewell, Jaderail. May the earth be light for you.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

for my friend

7_2414_B.jpg
    988 x 677 - 178K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

He would have loved that Bigh, I'm sure in Jaderail's travels he would have trekked such land. Vey nice mate :)

• KarthKarth Posts: 709
    edited December 1969

R.I.P Jade.
    My deep condolences to his family and friends.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,001
    edited December 1969

I didn't know him at all, except that he sponsors a prize in the Bryce Challenges. From what I read in this thread, a great loss to Daz. My condolences to his family and friends.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited December 1969

RIP Jaderail :(
    It was an honor and pleasure to know you, and you will be missed.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325
    edited December 1969

No words are sufficient to express the sorrow of losing this wonderful person.

R.I.P. Jaderail

Charlie...

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,124
    edited December 1969

I'm very sad to hear that. I haven't known him very closely. He made available his Golden Rules so I could port them to Bryce. It was great working with him on this project. My condolences to family and friends.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

R.I.P jaderail !

Thierry

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Very surprised to learn he has passed away. Guess one never knows...

R.I.P. Jaderail. My condolences to his family.

• tattooedillusionstattooedillusions Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

I hate the fact that this is my first post here. I'm more of a power lurker than a talker/typer so obviously I never talked to Jade & didn't know him at all. But whenever I would google for tips or whatever because I am new & know very little of what I'm doing, I would always be directed to one of the threads here & he would always be there to help out the best he could in detailed explanations & I appreciated that help even if it didn't pertain to what I was looking for. It was just the fact that he had a world of knowledge & wanted to help people. Even though I didn't know anything about him, the news of his passing dropped my heart like a brick because of that. My sincere condolences to his friends here in the community & even more importantly his personal friends & family. Be in peace J!

TI

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

I was so saddened to hear this news - our community as a whole suffers this loss, and are brought up short in the face of contemplating our own mortality. Jaderail helped me with questions many many times, both to my own questions and the answers he gave others. I found him inspiring in his knowledge and abilities, a positive force who moved others among us to try new things, to join into contests, to express our feelings in exciting ways.

His generosity was astounding, his achievements remarkable and impressive. He transcended the challenges of his health to become a strong figure who will live on within many, whose absence will be greatly missed. He mattered.

I would like to express my deepest condolences to Jaderail’s family and friends, there are many here who feel his loss no less than if they’d been physically at his side. I choose to believe that Jaderail’s shining spirit will continue to grow and evolve, on the other side of that river we all must someday cross. - Cathy

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Totte said:
    Reading the posts of everyone's thoughts and memories of Jeff, it amazing how many people he touched and effected. He didn't do anything amazing, nothing extraordinary, nothing big and major, nothing world changing. But he did change our lives, each and every one of us. Not through grand sweeping efforts. Just through little things, simple things. Even those who barely knew him, those who had little contact with him... remember him. They were touched and effected by him. It makes me wonder, when I am gone will anyone remember me? Will anyone notice? Maybe the best way to remember Jeff is to try to be a little more like him. Do those little things that make us all think fondly of him. Nothing he did was on a huge scale, just simple things, little things. Maybe we could all put in a little effort to do more simple little things for each other. Make a small effort to be a little kinder, be a little more helpful to each other. Jeff never did any one big amazing thing, but by doing a thousand simple little things, he had an amazing impact on us all. Jeff is gone, lets remember him by carrying on the way he lived.

Just my thoughts, he touched everyone by being friendly and helpful, and the mark he left on this earth is that friendliness and helpfulness is what will make this world a little better place for everyone around.

Amen. I couldn't have said it better. ~sniff~

I agree. Let's all try to follow his example.

• LaughingVulcanLaughingVulcan Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Its with a very heavy heart that I let you all know Jade has passed away :( They took him off life support earlier this evening and he passed away quietly and without pain. True to his lovely/ loving nature, he was an organ donor so some of him will live on helping others as he always had in life. He was a good, dear friend to many in this community. For anyone who knew him, he was all heart and was always there to lend a hand, give advice, or just listen. He was a truly wonderful man.

He will be dearly missed by all of us.....

I just found this thread...a few days too late. ;'( ;'( ;'(

Jade responded to a couple of my question threads, and I appreciated his wisdom and help.
    My condolences go out to his family and friends (both online and in real life), who lost a GEM of a person, and a noble soul..
    *Long Distance Hug*

Rest in Peace, Jaderail... ;'(

“Sail Forth- Steer for the deep waters only. Reckless O soul, exploring. I with thee and thou with me. For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared go. And we will risk the ship, ourselves, and all.” — Walt Whitman

Be well, gang.

Greg

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited July 2014

Sad, sad, sad.

QEPD Jaderail, que Dios te tenga en su gloria.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • IUSIUS Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

R.I.P. Jaderail.

My condolences to his family and friends.

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

This is a bad surprise :(

Jade, I hope the grass is greener on the flipside and wish your family strength and courage.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I decided to render a tribute to Jeff, it's essentially a character card render, and I plan to dedicate another full environment render. At this time though, it was very emotional to pull off this one, so the next will take time. I thought I better share it here as well, for any who wish to see.

DA - "Legend"

I think he'd love to see us doing what he always encouraged and loved doing so very much, and there are already several beautiful renders that have appeared here :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

SpyroRue said:
    I decided to render a tribute to Jeff, it's essentially a character card render, and I plan to dedicate another full environment render. At this time though, it was very emotional to pull off this one, so the next will take time. I thought I better share it here as well, for any who wish to see.

DA - "Legend"

I think he'd love to see us doing what he always encouraged and loved doing so very much, and there are already several beautiful renders that have appeared here :)

Beautiful tribute. In many ways, Jaderail was Jeff's "true self".
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

does anyone know what skin texture Jeff used for his Jaderail character?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited July 2014

Since we aren't allowed to post it go to http://www.deviantart.com/art/Legend-470456598 and look down for my comments and see Spy's reply with the link. It is at Rendo called M4 Drow

Post edited by Szark on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    SpyroRue said:

DA - "Legend"

Beautiful tribute. In many ways, Jaderail was Jeff's "true self".
    It's definitely how I saw him.

That's a great render Spyro. I can't wait to see the other render when it's done.

• frodifrodi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am so sorry to see that jaderail has left us. Thank you for being here jaderail, you were the best.