Daz Bridge Support Is Here!

DAZ_samDAZ_sam Posts: 170
edited February 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion

We have heard your voices! We are here to bring support to the bridges.

I am Sam and I am a Technical Artist and Project lead on the bridges team at Daz. We’re here to bring greater support to the bridges and release updates based on customer feedback.

Our team is made up of @DAZ_vish, our Software engineer managing bridge development, and @Razzle-Dazzle3D, our Customer Service agent managing bridge support. We are here for you so please let us know how we can help.

The Daz bridges are an open-source project and at Daz, we understand there is a lot of work we need to do to reach the quality our team and the community wants. We hope to learn from great projects you all are doing in the community to continually improve the bridges. We aren’t the only ones working on this project, you are too! This is community-driven so we want your input and insights. If you want to learn more about working on the bridges, please let us know.

Please post any general questions in this discussion.

If you have any questions specific to each please post them in the discussions below: 

Daz to Maya : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/469361/daz-to-maya-bridge-meet-the-team
Daz to Max : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/469336/daz-to-max-bridge-meet-the-team
Daz to Cinema 4D : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/469356/daz-to-cinema-4d-bridge-meet-the-team
Daz to Blender : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/469341/daz-to-blender-bridge-meet-the-team
Daz to Unreal : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/469371/daz-to-unreal-bridge-meet-the-team
Daz to Unity : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/469366/daz-to-unity-bridge-meet-the-team

Our bridges can be found on our GitHub:  https://github.com/daz3d

We would also like to thank the community for being so helpful so far. We will be looking at you as our role models of what we need to do. We would like to name a few and thank you for your work.

@Richard Haseltine, @Artini, @Padone, @moreffector, @hzr, @Gordig, @mxo, @jm_9a5598f1 

@marble, @TheMysteryIsThePoint, @Paintbox, @lava2productions, @jeronimocollares 

@David Vodhanel, @ThomasLarsson, @brainmuffin

We are sorry if we missed anyone but, thank you to everyone for working on making Daz a better tool for every artist!

Post edited by DAZ_sam on

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Thank you very, very much for creating such a wonderful products, that the Bridges are.

I am a big fan of Daz 3D products and having opportunity to bring them to the other programs

is an extraordinary thing for me.

Please keep up with the further work on Bridges and extend them as much as possible.

• DAZ_samDAZ_sam Posts: 170
    edited February 2021

Wanted to add two more people for their work. Sorry for missing you on the first post!
    @DaremoK3, @Cinus 

Post edited by DAZ_sam on
  • " I am Sam and I am a Technical Artist and Project lead on the bridges team at Daz."

and Sam I Am ....laugh

In all sincerity, thank you for your, and your team's, tremendous work on the DAZ Bridges. My personal favorites are the Blender and Unity bridges. That you have worked so hard to bring all the properties of DAZ 3D products to being able to bridges between DAZ Studio and other 3D environments has really increased the value of my product library as I started to work more in Blender than in DAZ Studio.

I hope you are able to maintain your momentum to finally create fully integrated two-way bridges with DAZ Studio. I think this also add appeal to making both more and less resource intensive models for sale in the DAZ store since you will be able to target a wider market.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,034

Not sure what I'm being thanked for, but you're welcome for whatever it is I did!

• What about support for " 3D Bridge for Photoshop" ? Will there be any help here as the forum seems littered with comments about it not working?

Thanks in advance

Red Leaf Synergy said:

" I am Sam and I am a Technical Artist and Project lead on the bridges team at Daz."

and Sam I Am ....laugh

In all sincerity, thank you for your, and your team's, tremendous work on the DAZ Bridges. My personal favorites are the Blender and Unity bridges. That you have worked so hard to bring all the properties of DAZ 3D products to being able to bridges between DAZ Studio and other 3D environments has really increased the value of my product library as I started to work more in Blender than in DAZ Studio.

I hope you are able to maintain your momentum to finally create fully integrated two-way bridges with DAZ Studio. I think this also add appeal to making both more and less resource intensive models for sale in the DAZ store since you will be able to target a wider market.

Thank you for your kind words! Yes Sam I am haha! We will always try to make these bridges better. 

Gordig said:

Not sure what I'm being thanked for, but you're welcome for whatever it is I did!

We went through the forums to check out current issues and well you helped others out so Thank you! 

mistycomic said:

What about support for " 3D Bridge for Photoshop" ? Will there be any help here as the forum seems littered with comments about it not working?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, my team does not work on the Photoshop bridge so, we wouldn't be able to help with that. At the moment the best way to get support on the Photoshop bridge is to create a ticket for it.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,034

DAZ_sam said:

Gordig said:

We went through the forums to check out current issues and well you helped others out so Thank you! 

Happy to help!

• I would give a dozen donuts for a Daz to Motionbuilder bridge.

I would give two dozen if wired to the voice device using clusters

Any plans in this area? Only wink and node required

frankiev888_28b3c399af said:

I would give a dozen donuts for a Daz to Motionbuilder bridge.

I would give two dozen if wired to the voice device using clusters

Any plans in this area? Only wink and node required

The bridges are fairly new so, there is a lot being developed right now currently. Nothing planned at the moment but, I will keep it in mind. 

• Whenever I import Genesis 8 figures my C4d gets Not responding, but genesis 3 is working smoothly. Can anyone help me?

• MerKhrysMerKhrys Posts: 89

Is there any hope for a bridge with Modo ?

If it is unlikely, or not any time soon, I would prefer you say so. I would perfectly understand.

MerKhrys said:

If it is unlikely, or not any time soon, I would prefer you say so. I would perfectly understand.

Nothing planned as of this moment. 

rabihasanittefaq said:

Whenever I import Genesis 8 figures my C4d gets Not responding, but genesis 3 is working smoothly. Can anyone help me?

Sorry missed this could you share more info, you can also open up a ticket for more direct support. 

• MerKhrysMerKhrys Posts: 89

DAZ_sam said:

MerKhrys said:

Nothing planned as of this moment. 

Thank you.

• Daz and bridge idea is very good. And they are mostly working well now. But I can see 2 big issue about bridges. First one is morph exporting system. And second is material exporting.

I can use DazToBlender perfectly with material export/textures/maps and parameters. And very nice render. But i can not give the same result with Maya. DazToMaya only adding texture maps into material. No parameters or no roughness maps, specular etc.. (I am talking about for maay or max animators. I am using UE4.)

Also, i can not choose my specific morphs easily. DazToMaya doesn't have any panel or screen for choosing morph. But DazToUnreal has.. 

Anyway, there are all my ideas :) Thank you for plugins.

Here is a shoot from my latest work below.

Thanks. - moreffector -

https://www.patreon.com/moreffector
    https://www.artofgiantess.com/

moreffector_profile_tinyapp.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

@moreffector 
    Thanks for your input. We actually are in the process of adding a new dialog to all the bridges. It's based on the Unreal one with some small changes. It's actually already supported in the new blender update. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/486621/daz-to-blender-morph-update-spring-cleaning-update-2-3-1#latest
    We built it in a way that it can be shared for all the bridges in time it will be ported to the other bridges as well. 

• BackDoor3DBackDoor3D Posts: 160
    edited April 2021

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with the DAZ to Blender Bridge. I'm using the latest version 2.3.1.1 that I installed yesterday via DIM. The G8F, clothes, hair, pose, animation etc all seem to export ok.

However, when I use the Daz To Blender addon in Blender 2.91.2, the animation does not play, even though there are 549 frames in the Timeline. Yes, I did select Animation checkbox in the dialogue box.

I can manually pose the character in Blender. But that is not the point of exporting an animation is it?

Is there a trick involved, or am I missing something?

DTB.PNG
    3841 x 2093 - 1M
    Post edited by BackDoor3D on
  • BackDoor3DBackDoor3D Posts: 160

Also it would be really handy if there were documentation on Daz To Blender. Particulary for the Blender side explaining all the bits 'n pieces in the Addon Pane.

DTB 2.PNG
    360 x 1734 - 123K
  • The Bridge to blender works great on genesis figures, but there are lots of problems with other models. I tried to bridge the monkey business figure, it give me errors and no morphs.

• Using the latest version of Daz to 3DS Max Bridge to transfer Genesis 8 and 8.1 characters from Daz Studio 4.15 Pro into 3DS Max 2020.  Here are some questions regarding errors:

Any props (e.g. Clothing such as Basic Wear) that use 3Delight materials will cause an error when importing into 3DS Max (see image) but iRay materials work fine.

*** Morphs for Facial Expressions do not translate into Max.  Most of the body morphs do, with some exceptions.

Also, when will the 3DS Max Bridge have support for tranferring Poses or Animation, as the Blender Bridge already has?

Thanks,

Pete

Error_3Delight_1.jpg
    406 x 158 - 36K
  • I am getting geometry distortions on genesis 8 male characters. It is hit or miss, but mostly hit...is there a solution?

messedup geometry.JPG
    3109 x 2052 - 530K
  • cjaracjara Posts: 6

¿PUENTES DE UN SOLO SENTIDO?

SOY MUEVO EN DAZ 3D, TRABAJO BÁSICAMENTE EN 3D STUDIO MAX, DONDE MODELO, TENGO EL PUENTE DAZ A 3DMAX, PERO DE MAX A DAZ3D EXPORTO EN FBX, DAE, OBJ, PERO LA EXPORTACIÓN DEL OBJETO ES TERRIBLE.

¿PUEDO USAR EL PUENTE DE DAZ EN AMBOS SENTIDOS?  

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

cjara said:

SOY MUEVO EN DAZ 3D, TRABAJO BÁSICAMENTE EN 3D STUDIO MAX, DONDE MODELO, TENGO EL PUENTE DAZ A 3DMAX, PERO DE MAX A DAZ3D EXPORTO EN FBX, DAE, OBJ, PERO LA EXPORTACIÓN DEL OBJETO ES TERRIBLE.

No, I am afraid the bridge is only from Daz Studio to the target application.

Thank you very much, my friend

• somayrahsomayrah Posts: 0

I used The Daz to max But I need to export the hair fiber to max as lines

• so guys, my issue is that when i use BRIDGE To transfer from daz STUDIO to C4D the only thing that imports is the IK rigs, not the physical model. I unistalled DAZ Central, Studio, and Bridge again and again. and i dont know what the update did. 

• I've installed the latest version of DaztoC4D 1.3.0. Nintey percent of my commissioned models work when being imported. There's one imparticular that I've been trying to move over to C4D that just keeps crashing the program; even with the earlier versions of the bridge. I feel I may need to send you the files to figure out what the issue is; I'm using S24.