Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

Comments

• DVoidDVoid Posts: 40

maikdecker said:

When looking for textures for the male anatomical elements I applied a G8M texture on the G8.1F and it seems to work "out of the box", while for doing this for the "old" G8F one needed a program like G8 UV Swap

You'd have check for tear fluid texture, I think, but apart of that it seems to have worked nicely.

Anyone tried to use one of the new "G8.1F" clothes on an "old" G8F? Do they - as I would expect - work on them?

Clothes "created for G8.1" will work with G8, because there isn't any difference with the rigging that clothing will use and the rigging in the rest of the body is still the same. It's just the facial rigging that's different.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551

Yeah, some Expressions don't work, but otherwise, it's fabulous!

hansmolleman33 said:

Not good enough..I'll pass.

Uh, good enough for what? It's a .1 upgrade, not Genesis 9/Next. Can't see what there is "to pass" on (unless you mean content, in which case, do you). 

• So... you guys are installing G8.1F and all your previous morphs and characters are available?  I'm jealous.  I've got a choice of Victoria or Victoria.

g81f-nomorphs.jpg
    751 x 919 - 69K

Petra said:

I just bought her as I can use Victoria 8 items on her, but I can not afford to buy Victoria 8.1 items as I will not be able to use it on Victoria 8.

I spend SO MUCH money on Victoria 8 so far, not to mention Victoria 3 and 2.

I can not really do this and I think I am not alone with that.

Turns out you're in luck. You don't need to invest in or buy G8.1 items. The only things that aren't 100% inter-compatible are some G8 expressions and the G8.1 expressions along with textures won't be backward compatible.

• skboaskboa Posts: 59

I just noticed a "Eye Look Automatic" under pose controls, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Does anybody have an idea how to use it or if it even works?

• Doing a quick work through... If I load 8.1 then load an 8 character morph I get as expected an 8.1 figure. If I directly load an 8 character then I get (after a long wait) an 8 figure.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Is it just me, or does V8.1's face look nothing like V8's?

• marth_emarth_e Posts: 172

Has Genesis Male 8.1 been realeased too? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have downloaded Genesis Female 8 Starter Essentials and it includes both G8F and G8.1F but the male starter essentials only includes G8M and no G8.1M

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,163

Shape Gen doesn't work on Genesis 8.1 Female.

johnjdesigns108 said:

Doing a quick work through... If I load 8.1 then load an 8 character morph I get as expected an 8.1 figure. If I directly load an 8 character then I get (after a long wait) an 8 figure.

This is as expected since the character files were made to load the G8 model. The G8.1 base/model doesn't replace the G8 one.

marth_e said:

Has Genesis Male 8.1 been realeased too? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have downloaded Genesis Female 8 Starter Essentials and it includes both G8F and G8.1F but the male starter essentials only includes G8M and no G8.1M

Genesis 8.1 Male hasn't been released yet, that's why the starter essentials don't include it. 

DVoid said:

marth_e said:

Genesis 8.1 Male hasn't been released yet, that's why the starter essentials don't include it. 

Thanks, DVoid

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,037

marth_e said:

Looks like it's only G8.1 Female for now.

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    edited January 2021
    Sevrin said:

Is it just me, or does V8.1's face look nothing like V8's?

I find Victoria 8.1 looking like a mix of Leisa 8 and Babina 8... therefore not really interesting enough for me. And does the iris in the attached picture look distorted? I don't think that at that particular angle, even though the iris being concave should look like that.
    20210120_221407.jpg
    864 x 864 - 74K
    Post edited by CHWT on

One more question. Is it mandatory to update to Daz Studio 4.15 in order to use genesis 8.1 or can it work in older versions like genesis 8?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,848

mimic pro editing proving an issue as no phonemes in the facs morphs so I am guessing mouth movements for each

I don't really see this as an upgrade if she cannot talk

well not for animation

edited January 2021

marth_e said:

One more question. Is it mandatory to update to Daz Studio 4.15 in order to use genesis 8.1 or can it work in older versions like genesis 8?

I believe 4.15 is necessary for the new FACS controls to work. I mean, it won't hurt to just install the updated starter essentials on a previous version and see what happens before updating DAZ Studio. 

Post edited by DVoid on
  • Hmm. Already see a long list of Interactive Licenses needed to use 8.1.

My journey with Daz ends with 8.0.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

SaulCs said:

My missing G8 female starter essential content is actually showing inside  the G8 male powerpose template in the smart content . Anyone having the same problem? 

Same for me.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling G8 Starter essentials  - but it's still there.

• Does anyone know how to get th G8.1 FASC interface to appear?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,331
    edited January 2021

DVoid said:

Petra said:

I just bought her as I can use Victoria 8 items on her, but I can not afford to buy Victoria 8.1 items as I will not be able to use it on Victoria 8.

Turns out you're in luck. You don't need to invest in or buy G8.1 items. The only things that aren't 100% inter-compatible are some G8 expressions and the G8.1 expressions along with textures won't be backward compatible.

But it looks as if new G8.1 items won't work on G8 characters and I would have to buy the new G8.1 characters to use them.

Note to PAs: I already have invested heavily in buying G8 characters and if your new clothing, hair, etc. won't work on them then I won't be buying it. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • vagansvagans Posts: 422

I'm really not looking forward to all "new" products that are the same thing with some fixes for 8.1 for separate Head and Body, when the old product could be updated to detect and adjust for 8.1. 

• skboaskboa Posts: 59

Urich3d said:

Does anyone know how to get th G8.1 FASC interface to appear?

It's located under Anatomy in smart content.

Though it doesn't work for me, often times it just crashes Daz or it just does nothing when I try to move something.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,037

Charlie Judge said:

DVoid said:

Petra said:

But it looks as if new G8.1 items won't work on G8 characters and I would have to buy the new G8.1 characters to us them.

Not:e to PAs I already have invested heavily in buying G* characters and if your new clthing, hair, etc. won't work on them then I won't be buying it. 

Clothing and hair should be fine on G8.

It's characters which use the new UVs or expressions which won't be compatible.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

Urich3d said:

Same question.

I've managed to find "Genesis 8.1 Female Face controls" atachment (inside "Anatomy") which seems to do nothing when I double-click it. But after that, I've no idea where to start.

The ads mention a Face Control "rig" but I don't know what that means.

I mean, everything can't be backwards compatible. Sometimes, you have to move on to appreciate new features implemented. I'm happy to see this and requiring the updated figure for newer things. I know folks don't have infinite money, but that's how the ball bounces. It's like buying a PS5 and then griping that PS5 games won't work on the old system. Sometimes, you have to move on, even if it costs. 

Besides, we've been on G8 for almost 4 years. It's not exactly like this was a rushed release.

• Urich3d said:

You have to add it via Genesis 8 Starter Essentials. It is in Anatomy->Genesis 8.1. Female Face Controls 

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367

Jack Tomalin said:

kyoto kid said:

Kharma said:

It doesn't sound like 8.1 is backwards compatible?

Note that your Genesis 8 products should work with Genesis 8.1 characters, with the exception of some expressions. However, you cannot apply your Genesis 8.1 content to Genesis 8 or earlier characters

...which makes this week's PC freebie useless unless you buy into the new version. I rarely pass up the weekly freebies, but if this is going to be a new trend (like 8.1 poses, clothing,  hair, etc), I feel the value of my membership has lost a bit. 

I've remained with G3 for the most part as I could not afford to reinvest in all the utilities, resource kits, morphs, and such all over again. 

We just thought it would be nice to support the new 8.1 release.

But, and this is a biggie for me.... will 8.1 clothing work on 8.0? 

And if that is the case..... 8.0 clothing works on 8.1, so why not make all clothing still 8.0? 

Thanks.

• AnimAnim Posts: 241

Eboshijaana said:

Haruchai said:

Anim said:

"Fine, short, vellus hairs ..."

Where, how ???

A bit exited about that one but can't find anything in the 8.1 base.

It is a seperate file completely called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair

Where to find that file and is it or is it not solely in Victoria 8.1?

Is it official that it is only part of Victoria?