Comments

• SaulCsSaulCs Posts: 67

rayglendenning said:

SaulCs said:

rayglendenning said:

SaulCs said:

The Blurst of Times said:

SaulCs said:

After the update the Genesis 8 female essentials is missing, i can't find the genesis 8 female figure or 8.1.

Any idea of how i can fix that?

As others suggested in this thread, I had to uninstall and reinstall the Genesis 8 Female Essentials in DIM. Updating was not sufficient for me.

Thank you for the help. I did that but it is still missing for me.

Reset database and re-import metadata worked for me

Thank you. May i ask how i can do that? 

See https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207530353-Using-the-Content-DB-Maintenance-Dialogue#:~:text=You can get to the,click on 'Content DB Maintenance.

Thank you. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

Mimic live doesn't work

needs a new configuration file by looks

• MazakMazak Posts: 19

Diese Figur ist bisher die hässlichste Victoria die ich bisher gesehen habe, Gesicht wie ein Frosch, Figur wie eine Tonne, und Brüste von einem Huhn. (frei nach Al Bundy)

This figure is so far the ugliest Victoria I have seen, face like a frog, figure like a ton, and breasts of a chicken. (loosely based on Al Bundy)

Mazak

• DVoidDVoid Posts: 40

Tigerschnecke said:

Will Genesis 8.1 support the type of geometry required to finally display some more FACS-accurate expressions? The demo video does not look like there is a lot in terms of improved realism. I am thinking of things like the little dimples and folds on the chin for AU16 or AU17, as well as, e.g., a more realistic folding associated with the brow lowerer (AU4). See, e.g, https://imotions.com/blog/facial-action-coding-system/

No. Because nothing is different in terms of geometry. It's still the exact same G8 model. The new facial rig just allows you more and better control and more refined control to make better expressions. 

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    This may be a huge leap for those needing high end details but I see no difference here when comparing to quality Gen8 figures. I would have called it 8.0001. I guess "8.1" means you can price it higher. Just another pretty face and I already have those. If Daz wants to really make money then come up with better hair products.
  • AnimAnim Posts: 241

"Fine, short, vellus hairs ..."

Where, how ???

A bit exited about that one but can't find anything in the 8.1 base.

8-1-base.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Seeing how things have been with Daz quality control recently, I think I'll hold off and wait for 8.11 to let them iron out the kinks.

Anim said:

Where, how ???

Someone else confirmed earlier the vellus hair only comes with the Victoria 8.1 package, not part of the base update.

It's also not something that'll be automatically added when you load V8.1. It'll be something you'll have to add afterwards, like anything else.

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    SaulCs said:

My missing G8 female starter essential content is actually showing inside  the G8 male powerpose template in the smart content . Anyone having the same problem? 

I am glad that I was nowhere near my computer today. I think I will not update the G8 starter essentials until all those issues would be fixed.
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited January 2021

Anim said:

Where, how ???

It is a seperate file completely called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

CHWT said:

SaulCs said:

My missing G8 female starter essential content is actually showing inside  the G8 male powerpose template in the smart content . Anyone having the same problem? 

I am glad that I was nowhere near my computer today. I think I will not update the G8 starter essentials until all those issues would be fixed.

I never use smart content, so I can say the item folders themselves are fine when using the regular content library. Smart content errors are just metadata issues.

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    Lissa_xyz said:

CHWT said:

SaulCs said:

I never use smart content, so I can say the item folders themselves are fine when using the regular content library. Smart content errors are just metadata issues.

That alone would be sufficient to give me a headache.
  • Haruchai said:

Anim said:

Where, how ???

It is a seperate file completely called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair

Where to find that file and is it or is it not solely in Victoria 8.1?

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884

Just to confirm Geoshells are an issue. I can use Makeup and Nails Geoshells by hiding the body of the Geoshell but here is Freya Tattoo Geoshell. There should be a tattoo on the upper chest as well as the head tattoo continuing down around her ear onto her neck. Hiding parts will not solve this obviously.

Geoshell_8.1.png
    1513 x 970 - 758K
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114

I'll probably try 8.1 hours from now, after I return home from work. I'm curious about trying expressions and uninstalling the non-functional ones.

Stupid question, but will G8F HD morphs transfer over to G8.1F? I just see y'all talking about morphs, but I assume those are the regular, non-HD ones.

MimicMolly said:

I'll probably try 8.1 hours from now, after I return home from work. I'm curious about trying expressions and uninstalling the non-functional ones.

Stupid question, but will G8F HD morphs transfer over to G8.1F? I just see y'all talking about morphs, but I assume those are the regular, non-HD ones.

The HD morphs should work perfectly fine since the underlying geometry is exactly the same. 

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    edited January 2021
    So is victoria 8.1 a replacement or an addition Nevermind. I saw the answer
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

PerttiA said:

artistb3 said:

From the write up: "Note that your Genesis 8 products should work with Genesis 8.1 characters, with the exception of some expressions. However, you cannot apply your Genesis 8.1 content to Genesis 8 or earlier characters."  Will DAZ ever understand that forward compatibility is equally important to users as backward compatibility? 

We all want product improvements, but not at the considerable time and money cost of dealing with compatibilty issues.  So, as for all those G8 characters that users bought, sorry, but they are now obsolete as far as new 8.1 content is concerned. 

Yes, it's not going to be as costly as it was going from G2 to G3, but it's really depressing to think of the effort (and dollars) that will go into addressing compatibility issues.

Many may believe this will result in more content sales.  Perhaps, but it may indeed turn out to be the opposite.

In my opinion, DAZ should have completely addressed this issue out of the box, and before releasing the product.  

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-1

"Because Genesis 8.1 characters are built on the Genesis 8 framework, most of your Genesis 8 content, such as hair, clothing, morphs, and poses should work just fine on the new and enhanced characters. The enhanced capabilities of 8.1 are not backward compatible, however, so you won't be able to apply the new skins and capabilities on a Genesis 8 character. "

Since the morphs work, it means the geometry is the same, therefore clothing, hair, props can be used on both, G8F textures/skins can be used on G8.1F, but the new textures for G8.1F can not be used on G8F... What's the problem?

G8.1 uses different UVs, so textures made for the new UVs won't work on G8.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

I just hope this works unlike the mess that was Victoria 4.1 & 4.2.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

When looking for textures for the male anatomical elements I applied a G8M texture on the G8.1F and it seems to work "out of the box", while for doing this for the "old" G8F one needed a program like G8 UV Swap

You'd have check for tear fluid texture, I think, but apart of that it seems to have worked nicely.

Anyone tried to use one of the new "G8.1F" clothes on an "old" G8F? Do they - as I would expect - work on them?

• Not paying 20 bucks for an update to a product already owned, if it was Gen 9 then yes, 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Haruchai said:

Just to confirm Geoshells are an issue. I can use Makeup and Nails Geoshells by hiding the body of the Geoshell but here is Freya Tattoo Geoshell. There should be a tattoo on the upper chest as well as the head tattoo continuing down around her ear onto her neck. Hiding parts will not solve this obviously.

Did you apply a geoshell made for G8 to a G8.1 using the new shaders / UVs? IIRC a geoshell inherits the UVs from the base figure, so the geoshell is probably using G8.1 UVs and you applied textures made for G8 UVs to it.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited January 2021

MimicMolly said:

HD works just fine. :D I posted some examples on the first two pages of 8.1 with HD character shapes and it doesn't work any differently than using them on 8. 

Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,181
    edited January 2021

The facial skin for Victoria 8.1 is a HUGE leap forward and I am very pleased with it!

Now we need hands too. :)

I am very glad I bought the Victoria 8.1 bundle and a few add-ons.

Gen 8 male eyelashes work on Victoria 8.1

I hope we don't have to wait months for Genesis 8.1 male and Michael 8.1  :(

I wish they had been released at the same time.

I tried putting a beard on Victoria and morphing her features to male and it t did not work too well.

She was still quite feminine, perhaps I am not artistic enough in this area..

What did work pretty well was putting beards on from Genesis 8 males to Victoria 8.1.

A few of them worked well and so did the male eyebrows.

If this is any indication of how well Michael 8.1 will work I am very excited to also buy Michael 8.1 asap...

I assume incompatibilities with some backward products will be ironed out over time.

I look forward to Michael 8.1 :)

Post edited by RexRed on
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114

MimicMolly said:

HD works just fine. :D I posted some examples on the first two pages of 8.1 with HD character shapes and it doesn't work any differently than using them on 8. 

Thank you (and @DVoid too). I can't wait!
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I just bought her as I can use Victoria 8 items on her, but I can not afford to buy Victoria 8.1 items as I will not be able to use it on Victoria 8.

I spend SO MUCH money on Victoria 8 so far, not to mention Victoria 3 and 2.

I can not really do this and I think I am not alone with that.

• This just seems like G8 with the FACS system that's already sold at the store combined into it. The overlay looks exactly the same and works the same based on the promo video. So, since I own both I already have g8.1 without downloading it?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

MeneerWolfman said:

This just seems like G8 with the FACS system that's already sold at the store combined into it. The overlay looks exactly the same and works the same based on the promo video. So, since I own both I already have g8.1 without downloading it?

You don't get the improved eyes or teeth or skin.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

well a cr2 export opens in mimic pro so I may be able to create a dmc for that at least

if it's like other dual quart figures it won't work in D|S mimic but a pz2 pose export should

no use to other people but at least I can make her talk

Capture.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 222K
  • maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    I was hoping for better ear geometry. I mostly do elf images and the ears from the Victoria 4 and Michael 4 generation are superior. Rats.