Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited January 2021

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

AnEye4Art said:

Doc Acme said:

AnEye4Art said:

daveso said:

why are there 2 updates in my DIM for acceleratror? One that says Accelerator for UltraScenery and the other Accelerator for UltraScenery for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)
    Which one should I install, or both ??

Good question to ask before you install any. I installed both and now none tangy orchards will not populate the terrain. 

Those just showed up in my DIM ready to download this morning as well. Both are already installed so assuming since these are listed as updates, looks like both are used.

So can you try using any of the tangy orchard with accelerator to populate a terrain and see if yours work? If yours work well then it has to be on my end that something went wrong. 

I have tried it, using 

• Scene: default settings
    • Features: Bridge 1
    • Ecology: Tangy Apple Orchard (tried with 01, 05, 11, 14)
    • Water: base
    • Build: Extend forrest ticked, everything else is default

My script version is 1.3.1, accelerator version is 1.0.1.2 (for macOS)

Everything did work fine.  Build times are arount 41 sec, plus / minus. The scene is populated correctly, the texture preview show the placeholder trees, and the IRay preview and render is working as expected.

Thank you very much. I am on windows 10 and will wait for a windows tester to be sure. 

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Seems to be working fine for me now with this mornings updates. (Script: ver 1.3.1, Accelerator: 1.0.1.2  Did a qwik test using TAO#2 Eco with No features and Crossing #1...

Before, any terrain that had a division such as a road or stream, only one side would get poplulated.

In your case, I'd try not just uninstalling the Accelerator, but then actually DELETE in from DIM so it'll have to D/L it again.  Before doing that & installing though, see how the TAO's behave.  If OK, then install the Accelerator afresh & give that a try.

TAO No Features.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 643K
    TAO#2_Crossing#1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 595K

Thanks for all the help.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

I'd also recommend closing Daz Studio and restarting it, or even reboot your computer if just restarting DS doesn't work. I'm not sure whether Daz Studio will recoginize a DLL change while it is running.

• Always close DS before installing\updating plugins.

What those two just said.  Pretty much S.O.P.

But, not quite there yet.  Went back to my original posting so I could try the exact same combo.  Progress, but...

Here's Dirt Track #1 and TAO # 10 Ecology. Yay, it's working.  Let's try it now with DIrtTrack1 + Hedgerow.

Hmmm.  Obviously a problem but at least there are trees on both sides. This was using Rebuild Scene from the first, but happens with fresh start as well. These are both using the Accelerator; haven't tested w/o. Frankly, someone should be doing a LOT more QC & testing... Just sayin'.

DirtTrack1+TAO#10.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 507K
    DirtTrack1=Hedgerow+TAO#10.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 388K

@Barbult: I did all of that and it still did not work.

@DoctorJellybean: I did had Daz closed before installing the updates.

Thank you both.

AnEye4Art said:

@Barbult: I did all of that and it still did not work.

@DoctorJellybean: I did had Daz closed before installing the updates.

Thank you both.

When you get home from work, please check the versions and post the information I requested. It may point to the problem. Also, what version of Daz Studio are you using? 

Doc Acme said:

But, not quite there yet.  Went back to my original posting so I could try the exact same combo.  Progress, but...

Here's Dirt Track #1 and TAO # 10 Ecology. Yay, it's working.  Let's try it now with DIrtTrack1 + Hedgerow.

Hmmm.  Obviously a problem but at least there are trees on both sides. This was using Rebuild Scene from the first, but happens with fresh start as well. These are both using the Accelerator; haven't tested w/o. Frankly, someone should be doing a LOT more QC & testing... Just sayin'.

I don't see a problem with the hedgerow render. You selected an ecology that restricts the trees to a very regimented, spaced apart grid, and you chose the hedgerow feature which restricts the trees to an area next to the dirt track. So, you only get trees that meet both criteria at the same time. That is why your scene looks sparse.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited January 2021

Wow, thanks a lot for the updates to the accelerator. I am on Windows 10 64 bit.

After updates Tangy Apple Orchard works (builds around 28 seconds).

Scene: default settings
    Features: Bridge 1
    Ecology: Tangy Apple Orchard 01
    Water: base
    Build: Extend forrest ticked, everything else is default

Bridge1TangyAo01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on

barbult said:

Doc Acme said:

I don't see a problem with the hedgerow render. You selected an ecology that restricts the trees to a very regimented, spaced apart grid, and you chose the hedgerow feature which restricts the trees to an area next to the dirt track. So, you only get trees that meet both criteria at the same time. That is why your scene looks sparse.

AH.  So it's JUST the hedgerow getting the trees, so that's how it's suppose to look.  My apologies then.  I was expecting dirt track + a hedgerow + an orchard.

edited January 2021

Another test with accelerator on Windows 10 64 bit

Build time: 1 minute 7 seconds, Render Time: 8 minutes 48 seconds

Ecology: Tangy Apple Orchard 05

Bridge1TangyAo05pic01.png
    1920 x 1200 - 5M
    Post edited by Artini on

Doc Acme said:

barbult said:

Doc Acme said:

AH.  So it's JUST the hedgerow getting the trees, so that's how it's suppose to look.  My apologies then.  I was expecting dirt track + a hedgerow + an orchard.

Yup, just the hedgerow. Look again at the preview of the hedgerow feature. You can see that there are only trees shown along the edge of the dirt track.

Your hedgerow was sparse because of the ecology you chose. If you want a dense hedgerow, use TAO 11 or 12. One unusual things about TAO 11 and 12 is that they don't generate any extended forest. Maybe that is because they were designed for hedgerows, or maybe it was just an oversight in the ecology creation. You can use TAO 11 and 12 with any feature, not just hedgerows, so it seems like they should generate the extended forest.

Here are some renders I did today with various features and various TAO ecologies. All worked as expected except for the missing extended forest on TAO 12,  and TAO 7 and TAO 10 gave me identical results. I am using Windows 10, UltraScenery 1.3.1, Accelerator 1.0.1.2, DS 4.15.0.2 Public Beta.

USC Dirt Track 1 TAO 12 SkyCam Angled S.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 112K
    USC Dirt Track 1 TAO 5 SkyCam Angled S.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 177K
    USC River 7 TAO 4 SkyCam Angled S.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 206K
    USC Wetland 2 TAO 3 SkyCam Angled S.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 179K
    USC Walking Trail 02 TAO 07 SkyCam Angled S.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 184K
    USC Walking Trail 02 TAO 10 SkyCam Angled S.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 184K
    edited January 2021

Ok, I am also missing extended forest on TAO 11 with accelerator and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, DS 4.14 Beta.

Build time: 19 seconds, Render time: 6 minutes 9 seconds.

Ecology: Tangy Apple Orchard 11

imageimage

Post edited by Artini on

That is really interesting. Does it means, that the results will differ on the different configurations of the computer

or the version of Daz Studio used?

Bridge1TangyAo11pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 932K
    Bridge1TangyAo11pic01scr1.jpg
    1453 x 551 - 121K
    edited January 2021

I am jealous of all the beautiful TAO renders. When I get home, Barbult, ow do I find the log file to post it? Should I do a render first then get the log file?

Artini said:

That is really interesting. Does it means, that the results will differ on the different configurations of the computer

or the version of Daz Studio used?

I think there are potential differences between UltraScenery with Accelerator and without Accelerator, because they are different code bases (one is a Daz script and one is a DLL plugin). It might be possible to have different results between PC and Mac, I don't know. There is probably some minimum DS version that is required, because older versions might not support the commands used in UltraScenery or the Accelerator. When Daz updates Daz Studio, they could fix bugs that might make a newer version behave differently. 

AnEye4Art said:

I am jealous of all the beautiful TAO renders. When I get home, Barbult, ow do I find the log file to post it? Should I do a render first then get the log file?

When you are able to give us the details of your attempts, we can dig in and try to figure out the problem. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,365

DoctorJellybean said:

daveso said:

why are there 2 updates in my DIM for acceleratror? One that says Accelerator for UltraScenery and the other Accelerator for UltraScenery for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)
    Which one should I install, or both ??

The 64bit contains the plugin, the other one the script.

OK..,i'm going for it  

edited January 2021

TAO 03 with my custom height map used to build Ultra Scenery.

Creation006.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 874K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2021

well, I installed both updates but TAO does not produce trees. I tried TAO 1,2, and 5  ... only flowers. The generation took 7-8 seconds for each. 
    I have nothning to base past experience since accelerator as I have not tried rendering TAO for awhile, but it for sure not working for me. 

EDIT: I have a feeling its more of an install issue for me, although TAO is within the ecologies list within USC. 

Post edited by daveso on
    edited January 2021

it appears its my USC now ... I: tried Harpswood 3 and there are no trees with that either .... trees are not listed in the build list. 

usc no trees.jpg
    822 x 571 - 71K
    Post edited by daveso on
    edited January 2021

I am using Daz studio 4.15.0.2

UltraScene Creator script version 1.3.1

Accelerator version 1.0.1.2

daveso said:

it appears its my USC now ... I: tried Harpswood 3 and there are no trees with that either .... trees are not listed in the build list. 

I see 4 sizes of Beech trees in the layers list. 

AnEye4Art said:

I am using Daz studio 4.15

UltraScene Creator script version 1.3.1

Accelerator version 1.0.1.2

That's all the right versions, but still not enough info for us to help you debug the problem. Did you install with DIM? Look at the problem solving tips first post in this thread, especially the stuff about Octane. Does any of that apply to you? What feature and what ecology are you using? Any errors in the log file? Attach a screenshot of your viewport after you build the UltraScene. Attach a scene file to your forum post if you want one of us to look at it.

Hey look! We are on page 100!

Yes I installed with DIM. I don't have octane. I am using the TAO and none works. How do I find the log file?

Capture 1.JPG
    2197 x 870 - 193K

barbult said:

daveso said:

you're right..i thought it was beach along the ocean beach 

daveso said:

barbult said:

daveso said:

you're right..i thought it was beach along the ocean beach 

laugh Oops. Well now you know. Does it render the trees OK? 

edited January 2021
    tao02sc01pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 931K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.