UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272
    edited January 2021

My last image on December was also a winter scene, horrible and spooky as the year we left behind

183 32 rdx dwn.jpg
    3000 x 1688 - 4M
    Post edited by Jerife on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited January 2021

Updates appeared in DIM for Accelerator and UltraScenery and I installed them both but the tangy orchard trees and hedgerows are not showing up after running the script and after a render. Bummer.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

everytime I view this topic I get incentive to create. Thanks

camera positioning: What is the best way to position the camera within US. I would like it to be at eye level, as if someone is taking a photo. 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,982
    edited January 2021

barbult said:

Ghosty12 said:

Well I got the Australian eco bundle and well yeah can't use it, as it literally locks up my computer loading in the assets and takes a good few minutes at that.. All the other packs that I have for Ultra Scenery I seem to have no issue with them, it is just the Australian ones.. :(

Are you saying it locks up and never finishes or just that it is really slow to build?  If just slow, how long does it take? Are you using the Accelerator or not? 

The Australian ecologies have a lot of detail and are slower to build than other ecologies I have. I built Australian Bush 1 just now, with feature Bridge 1, Extend forest checked, and not restricted to a camera, in 2 minutes and 7.53 seconds with the Accelerator. If you enjoy UltraScenery but don't have the Accelerator yet, it is worth the investment to speed up all UltraScenery builds dramatically.

If you can't use the Australian ecologies on your computer, you can return it for a refund within 30 days of purchase.

Nah it is quick to build, what I meant to say was that unlike the other eco systems it takes a very long time to initiate rendering.. After investigating why, have found that some of the texture files needed for the Australian packs compared to the textures used in the other products are huge..

We are talking about nearly 14, 15, 18 meg PNG's, and unfortunately for my little PC it just can not handle so many large texture files being loaded.. :(

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

daveso said:

camera positioning: What is the best way to position the camera within US. I would like it to be at eye level, as if someone is taking a photo. 

Don't think there's one particular technique. Don't know if there's a tool to tell you height distance from the displaced terrain at a given XZ point.

Wireframe viewing, use of the numeric params, correct use of the frame view function, learn the different co-ordinate options for the translate & rotate tools, using parenting/unparenting in place vs none to jump things into position, multiple cameras for examining, hide cluttering geom, lots of spot renders...

In short, what ever works.

Doc Acme said:

daveso said:

Don't think there's one particular technique. Don't know if there's a tool to tell you height distance from the displaced terrain at a given XZ point.

Wireframe viewing, use of the numeric params, correct use of the frame view function, learn the different co-ordinate options for the translate & rotate tools, using parenting/unparenting in place vs none to jump things into position, multiple cameras for examining, hide cluttering geom, lots of spot renders...

laugh yep ... that's how I've done it so far. maybe I've missed it, but it would be nice to have a scale that shows height ... ground as zero and then a scale from there ... maybe I need to create that. Seems it owuld be easy enough, a prop/scale probably is one already 

daveso said:

Doc Acme said:

daveso said:

laugh yep ... that's how I've done it so far. maybe I've missed it, but it would be nice to have a scale that shows height ... ground as zero and then a scale from there ... maybe I need to create that. Seems it owuld be easy enough, a prop/scale probably is one already 

Oh ya. I was going to mention markers or such that don't render.

I was looking for a view mode that showed when intersecting geom was occurring, but not finding it.  Probably thinking of my other 3D app. I always have trouble seeing the water layer. Maybe there's a way of changing its visibility mode or such.

Here's something I was playing with recently & having similar issues.  Little subtle stuff that's hard to see, hence a WIP. Having a lot of fun using the Rebuild feature though to try out different Ecos with same features & terrain settings. Unfortunately, a bit taxing with the laptop with some. This was 2 Hrs to get to 27%.

MossyHololw JungleCruise.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

Well I managed to fix my issue with the Australian pack by scrunching down the large texture files, and also unticking the CPU option in iRay as well.. smiley

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Ghosty12 said:

Well I managed to fix my issue with the Australian pack by scrunching down the large texture files, and also unticking the CPU option in iRay as well.. smiley

Great to hear you are back in business! 

edited January 2021

Doc Acme said:

Oh ya. I was going to mention markers or such that don't render.

I was looking for a view mode that showed when intersecting geom was occurring, but not finding it.  Probably thinking of my other 3D app. I always have trouble seeing the water layer. Maybe there's a way of changing its visibility mode or such.

Here's something I was playing with recently & having similar issues.  Little subtle stuff that's hard to see, hence a WIP. Having a lot of fun using the Rebuild feature though to try out different Ecos with same features & terrain settings. Unfortunately, a bit taxing with the laptop with some. This was 2 Hrs to get to 27%.

Even at 27%, it looks great. 

Post edited by barbult on
    edited January 2021

I though I might as well go ahead and render my Australian Bush 1 Bridge 1 scene. Here it is.

USC Australian Bush 1 Bridge 1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

Throw a couple of Roo's in there now...

edited January 2021

Doc Acme said:

Throw a couple of Roo's in there now...

I tried that once. My old graphics card is a little feeble for UltraScenery and Catalyzer at the same time. I did get a scene to render finally, but it was a struggle.

USC Dirt Track 4 Australian Bush WIPv2 Rock Track two Catalyzer Kangaroos.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    edited January 2021

Here is a scene I made with UltraScenery, Alienator Pro, and Small World Camera.

Here it is without the Small World Camera. I love the colors and shapes in these.

Alienator Pro Misc Alien Plants with Snow Tree Small World_Small World Camera Iray.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    Alienator Pro Misc Alien Plants with Snow Tree_001.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837
    edited January 2021

I am just overwhelmed with the possibilities of custom height maps in UltraScenery.

Below is my latest creation.

Creation005.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 965K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2021

I was able to render a few (not all) Tango orchard trees before yesterday's update, now I can't render a single orchard tree no matter which orchard or combination I select.

Sample Render.jpg
    3200 x 1200 - 2M

AnEye4Art said:

I was able to render a few (not all) Tango orchard trees before yesterday's update, now I can't render a single orchard tree no matter which orchard or combination I select.

Please document all the details so people can try to reproduce your problem.

• What UltraScenery version are you using (look at the Build tab).
    • What Accelerator version are you using, if any?
    • What feature and what ecology are you using? Are there any updates for those available in DIM? 
    • Are there any pertinent messages in the Daz Studio log file (Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File then scroll to the end).?
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

barbult said:

Awesome work! Bright and cheery  

why are there 2 updates in my DIM for acceleratror? One that says Accelerator for UltraScenery and the other Accelerator for UltraScenery for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)
    Which one should I install, or both ??

edited January 2021

Here is my attempt found an awesome Wallaby/Kangaroo freebie.. laugh Tried to insert a larger version of the image but it keeps telling me I have 357000 or so characters too long?

Reclaimed.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 283K
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on

daveso said:

why are there 2 updates in my DIM for acceleratror? One that says Accelerator for UltraScenery and the other Accelerator for UltraScenery for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)

Good question to ask before you install any. I installed both and now none tangy orchards will not populate the terrain. 

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

Please document all the details so people can try to reproduce your problem.

• What UltraScenery version are you using (look at the Build tab).
    • What Accelerator version are you using, if any?
    • What feature and what ecology are you using? Are there any updates for those available in DIM? 
    • Are there any pertinent messages in the Daz Studio log file (Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File then scroll to the end).?

Thanks for your help. I am at work and cannot check the log file(s). I will check when I get home. All I know is that I have the latest updates for all the ultrascenery products including accelerator. The last update for accelerator was installed yesterday via DIM. I am using the tangy orchard and it is not populating any trees. Thanks.

Ghosty12 said:

Here is my attempt found an awesome Wallaby/Kangaroo freebie.. laugh

The picture is awfully dark, but I think I can make out a kangaroo on the right, right? 

barbult said:

Ghosty12 said:

Here is my attempt found an awesome Wallaby/Kangaroo freebie.. laugh

The picture is awfully dark, but I think I can make out a kangaroo on the right, right? 

It is but then again early morning and late evening are supposed to be dark.. laugh There are 4 roo's in the scene, foreground left, two in the middle and one background right.. smiley

• daveso said:

The 64bit contains the plugin, the other one the script.

AnEye4Art said:

daveso said:

Good question to ask before you install any. I installed both and now none tangy orchards will not populate the terrain. 

Those just showed up in my DIM ready to download this morning as well. Both are already installed so assuming since these are listed as updates, looks like both are used.

edited January 2021

Doc Acme said:

AnEye4Art said:

daveso said:

Those just showed up in my DIM ready to download this morning as well. Both are already installed so assuming since these are listed as updates, looks like both are used.

So can you try using any of the tangy orchard with accelerator to populate a terrain and see if yours work? If yours work well then it has to be on my end that something went wrong. 

I'll give it a test pretty soon.  I do know there were some issues with the TAO itself  that were getting addressed.

• AnEye4Art said:

Doc Acme said:

AnEye4Art said:

daveso said:

So can you try using any of the tangy orchard with accelerator to populate a terrain and see if yours work? If yours work well then it has to be on my end that something went wrong. 

I have tried it, using 

• Scene: default settings
    • Features: Bridge 1
    • Ecology: Tangy Apple Orchard (tried with 01, 05, 11, 14)
    • Water: base
    • Build: Extend forrest ticked, everything else is default

My script version is 1.3.1, accelerator version is 1.0.1.2 (for macOS)

Everything did work fine.  Build times are arount 41 sec, plus / minus. The scene is populated correctly, the texture preview show the placeholder trees, and the IRay preview and render is working as expected.

This discussion has been closed.