UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

daveso said:

Ascania said:

dawnblade said:

@daveso USC installs in Environments/Landscapes. Check there. I know it's frustrating when stuff is installed outside of where you expect.

I think he's looking at the Smart Content. Friends don't let friends use Smart Content.

yes, smart content. I dislike trying to find anything in Content Library a lot. what a mess that thing is.  

Smart Content is a bigger mess IMVHO. LOL

Laurie

• Ascania said:

I just bought UltraScenery today and these are my first attempts with it, so forgive me if this question has already been answered.

Is there a particular reason that the scenery loads floating above head height?

I would like to know this too. Not that much of a problem, but was wondering if it was a normal thing.
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

AnEye4Art said:

dawnblade said:

daveso said:

Ascania said:

dawnblade said:

@daveso USC installs in Environments/Landscapes. Check there. I know it's frustrating when stuff is installed outside of where you expect.

I think he's looking at the Smart Content. Friends don't let friends use Smart Content.

yes, smart content. I dislike trying to find anything in Content Library a lot. what a mess that thing is.  

Haha Ascania! laugh

@daveso if you uncheck "Filter by Content" then USC appears in Smart Content. Don't ask me why.

Do you mean "Filter by Context"? Because I did not find "Filter by Content".

Thanks, you are right! I updated my original post. smiley  

• I bought the accelerator and it's great, except when I try to create the Uplands. It goes through the process quickly but hangs up at the very end. I let it set for 6 hours with no process. It works fine other than that.

• johnjohn808 said:

Ascania said:

I just bought UltraScenery today and these are my first attempts with it, so forgive me if this question has already been answered.

I would like to know this too. Not that much of a problem, but was wondering if it was a normal thing.

It is normal. The ''watertable" height in US is at Y=0, so to get a contoured landscape that's not covered by water, the ground altitude is normally above zero. 

Regards,

Richard.

• Since the update i cant get any grass or logs to render. In Scene list is it visible. Any suggestions?

• Lothar Weber said:

Since the update i cant get any grass or logs to render. In Scene list is it visible. Any suggestions?

SOLVED - I made the mistake to move the scene - USC seems does not like that ;-)

• Does anyone else have problems with certain ecologies not rendering. All seemed fine until I installed the australian modules and since then pine trees do not show up in the preview scene or render - the example above shows pines listed as calculated but they arent in the scene

this happens whichever landscape template i choose

pines.jpg
    404 x 443 - 45K
  • to answer myself for some unknown reason all the pine layers start scaled at 1% and -300 in the Y

• johnjohn808 said:

Ascania said:

It is normal. The ''watertable" height in US is at Y=0, so to get a contoured landscape that's not covered by water, the ground altitude is normally above zero. 

Regards,

Richard.

Thank you! Its great to know that there is nothing wrong with my computer.
  • spoke too soon - managed to update Ultrascenery to 1.30 but although pines show up in preview mode they dont show up in final renders - they still have -300 in Y and 1%

prev2.jpg
    1849 x 957 - 359K
    14 red.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M

Lothar Weber said:

Since the update i cant get any grass or logs to render. In Scene list is it visible. Any suggestions?

SOLVED - I made the mistake to move the scene - USC seems does not like that ;-)

That doesn't make sense. Other than characters, we are free to move anything away from world center. We've been told for years that is how we are to prevent lighting issues on people. Is this an Accelerator-built scene?

spoke too soon - managed to update Ultrascenery to 1.30 but although pines show up in preview mode they dont show up in final renders - they still have -300 in Y and 1%

Is this an Accelerator-built scene?

• dawnblade said:

Lothar Weber said:

Lothar Weber said:

That doesn't make sense. Other than characters, we are free to move anything away from world center. We've been told for years that is how we are to prevent lighting issues on people. Is this an Accelerator-built scene?

yes. I deleted the USC scene and build it again. After that I grouped my characters and moved only them. That works. 

• Is this an Accelerator-built scene?

the same pre and post acceleration. I had bought Accelerator but I now install Daz to a numbered ie DazStudio41208 folder - it had installed the accelerator dll to a plain DAZStudio4 folder. The pines show up as a preview model but only aspens render. I ve tried in both memory and auto instancing mode - no difference

• Other trees like the australian ones render (and the oaks). Looking at the IM00070495-01_UltraSceneryPines zip file the only files that go into the data folder are the low resolution proxies ( in Content\data\HowieFarkes\UltraScenery )  Shouldnt there be higher file size ones or at least links? In \data\HowieFarkes\UltraTrees there are some 8 models of spruce. Are these what the proxies should link to?

• I just bought Accelerator for UltraScenery. Good Lord that thing is FAST! Went from about four and a half mins down to 18 seconds!
    edited December 2020

macro2k7_50e18e3b02 said:

spoke too soon - managed to update Ultrascenery to 1.30 but although pines show up in preview mode they dont show up in final renders - they still have -300 in Y and 1%

This is Lake 2 and Pines 1 with "extend forest" selected, as I didn't know what you selected. My observation about the items that are at -300 Y and 1% scale is that they are only the objects that were the source for the instances. So they are well hidden from the scene, which makes sense. Even the river logs, grass, etc. If you select any of the instances though, they are not set below Y and they are regular scale.

USCPinesTest.jpg
    1500 x 843 - 1M
    Post edited by dawnblade on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited December 2020

I tried every one of the Pines ecologies with various terrains, features and water selections, all with the accelerator. They all worked fine. Pines rendered every time.

@macro2k7_50e18e3b02 it sounds like your unusual installation location(s) may have something to do with your issues. The problem certainly isn't universal.

USC Dirt Track 5 Pines 3 Accelerator 1.0.0.7.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,817
    edited December 2020

Coast 2, Willows 7 - generation time with accelerator: 1 minute 24 seconds

Rendering time: 2 hours 1 minute 22 seconds

The Lost Land ... or something...

Coast201sc03pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 715K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,095
    edited December 2020

Other trees like the australian ones render (and the oaks). Looking at the IM00070495-01_UltraSceneryPines zip file the only files that go into the data folder are the low resolution proxies ( in Content\data\HowieFarkes\UltraScenery )  Shouldnt there be higher file size ones or at least links? In \data\HowieFarkes\UltraTrees there are some 8 models of spruce. Are these what the proxies should link to?

The proxies should be linking to the trees from Nature Trees Pack 4 . Mine are in data\Andrey Pestryakov\Nature Trees Pack 4. Is that what you're asking?

Post edited by butterflyfish on
    edited December 2020

butterflyfish said:

Other trees like the australian ones render (and the oaks). Looking at the IM00070495-01_UltraSceneryPines zip file the only files that go into the data folder are the low resolution proxies ( in Content\data\HowieFarkes\UltraScenery )  Shouldnt there be higher file size ones or at least links? In \data\HowieFarkes\UltraTrees there are some 8 models of spruce. Are these what the proxies should link to?

The proxies should be linking to the trees from Nature Trees Pack 4 . Mine are in data\Andrey Pestryakov\Nature Trees Pack 4. Is that what you're asking?

Excellent observation. Maybe he never bought or installed the required product! 

Screenshot 2020-12-08 202619.png
    1276 x 847 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Thanks for the reply. Yes I have got the Nature Trees Pack 4 but had moved some of its files into a "Plants" folder rather than keeping it inside the named Andrey Pestryakov. Daz's naming convention convolutions bite again

barbult said:

Doc Acme said:

Accelerator for UltraScenery prob

I picked up the Accelerator last night and having an issue that I haven't seen mentioned. See attached screen shot.

This is with default script settings, Dirt Track01, and Tangy Apple Orchard 10. No extended forest nor restrict instances to Camera, although no camera in scene at time of Build.

DS 4.14.0.8. DIM shows an update for DS available for 4.14, but doesn't list what version.

This is on an HP laptop with a whopping 12Gb of RAM.  I normally wouldn't even install USC on it, but thought I'd test. I'm away from my main ThreadRipper system for few more months which is what I'd typically be using.

Any thoughts?

This is an interesting discovery!!  TAO Apple Orchard 5,6,7,8,9, and 10 all use a distribution type of "square" for the apple trees, and all have the same problem you discovered. I tested with DS 4.14.1.22 Public Build, UltraScenery 1.3.0 and Accelerator 1.0.0.7. It looks like only one half of the square is being populated with trees when the accelerator is used. (I removed the accelerator DLL from the plugins folder to test the non-accelerator version, which is fine.)

@HowieFarkes Will you be able to update Accelerator for different distribution types?

• dawnblade said:

@HowieFarkes Will you be able to update Accelerator for different distribution types?

Yes, working on the fixes now.

dawnblade said:

Yes, working on the fixes now.

You rock, Howie!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Taking some time to test out this script, and adding props and character to the image.  My result:

USCtest1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
  • Just played about with US, Pines with Aspen's. Used US props, instanced, to create the dam. Then on the near side I created a second US water plane and lifted it up by 20cm or so to simulate the stream being dammed. Then moved the water planes so their edges met in the dam, preventing two water planes anywhere.

The idea is that the characters have made the dam and now the water is deep enough, Michael is going to throw Vickie in the pool, under guidance from Noosha so Vickie misses the dam.

Bit of silliness, but need it at the moment.

Regards,

Richard.

Ultrascenery 05b R02.png
    1860 x 911 - 4M
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575

Is it possible to save a preset (duf) that I could distribute? For example, if I create a custom heightmap, I'd like to be able to distribute it along with the preset so that others who have UltraScenery, the requisite add-ons, and other required products could re-create the scene.

- Greg

Greg, can't you just save and share the scene file along with your height map file? The scene file doesn't contain the assets, just references to them.
This discussion has been closed.