Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• WAVEDELSHWAVEDELSH Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Steve K said:
    Ivy said:
    ... yes there is a combination fo Go figure ani blocks , Poser mocap BVH files and a lot of hand keyframing

Okay, it seems to work pretty well. I thought you might have gotten into your own mocap software, capturing motions from live actors. A friend of mine is on a production team that is creating a feature length animated movie (fairly big budget, too). They are planning a mocap studio, using new Microsoft Kinect cameras which are due out sometime this year, I think. I forget the software, but I think the whole affair is reasonably affordable, or at least not "Pixar Level Cost".

I generally use only free and purchased mocaps (I have a pretty good collection), plus some hand key framing. I *think* a custom mocap setup would be nice, but I dunno, may be a lot of work. (This is one place where the live action directors have an advantage, they just tell the actor, "Okay, this time jump off the building waving your sword and grab onto the helicopter, then ... ", etc.) :coolgrin:

I know what you mean about cost .. animation libraries for Maya is ridiculous.
    I only make these for fun so I'm not really going to put that much money into extra software to make mocaps for daz studio. I'm only using daz and poser software, and like you do, I use what is available to work with for those programs . if i have the time i like trying to hand key frameing that's fun too. But time consuming. :) if i was making money off these animation then i might put more into it. But for a YouTube animation there good enough for me Did you ever notice how many people think they are a expert on animation but never have any videos of their own to show their expertise..lol creating animation with Daz and Poser is not that easy and very resource intesive on a PC

But they are better than still frames slide show and calling it animation, which i have see a lot of people do. lol
    But we got to work with what we got when using affordable software don't we :)

First of all ..Well done Ivy ...Secondly Well said

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

wavedelsh said:
    first of all ..Well done Ivy ...Secondly Well said

Thanks Dave for being such a great supporter of my work, I really appreciate it a lot :)

edited December 1969

a few playboy renders :) of the le bun bun outfit that is on sale http://www.daz3d.com/le-bunbun-bunny-suit
    rendered in Poser
    the Mock up playboy mag cover was done in Adobe Illustrator and the mock logo i created my self and is not a exact copy of PB logo

Mock-Playboy-Cover-entry01.jpg
    1400 x 2000 - 204K
    bunny_club_02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 220K
    p-bunny.jpg
    1022 x 1446 - 53K
    edited July 2014

Karate Girl In The Pool Party
    Follow along as Suki the Karate Girl & her younger sister relax by the pool after her big win over Bill The Barbarian
    when all of a sudden a Ninja Assassin seeks in to take out Karate girl, following orders by the royal chin.
    A Karate Girl adventure series.

My first g2f character animation in Poser pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykiOZcP_lx8

promo1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 246K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

New Animation release

Follow along as Suki the Karate Girl & her younger sister relax by the pool after her big win over Bill The Barbarian
    when all of a sudden a Ninja Assassin seeks in to take out Karate girl, following orders by the royal chin.

promo1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 246K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

have to say its not one of your best .

edited July 2014

bigh said:

Thanks bigh. it was my first g2f character not easy to work with in poser

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Good job, nice character animation as always.

Have you seen the 2005 scifi movie "Serenity"? I'm a big fan of the TV series "Firefly", the movie is apparently a fan supported affair done after the series was cancelled (?!?!?). In mid-season (?!?!?!?!?). After showing the episodes out of order (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?). The movie gets a very good 8/10 at IMDB (the series gets 9.2), and three stars from Ebert (RIP). I bring it up because the character "River" (Summer Glau), does some pretty amazing fighting against what seems like several hundred REALLY bad guys (the Reavers). Ms. Glau must have had some extensive training. You can see some of the fight in the 2 minute trailer at IMDB, and a longer excerpt here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAzZoU9tOeY

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:

Good job, nice character animation as always.

Have you seen the 2005 scifi movie "Serenity"? I'm a big fan of the TV series "Firefly", the movie is apparently a fan supported affair done after the series was cancelled (?!?!?). In mid-season (?!?!?!?!?). After showing the episodes out of order (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?). The movie gets a very good 8/10 at IMDB (the series gets 9.2), and three stars from Ebert (RIP). I bring it up because the character "River" (Summer Glau), does some pretty amazing fighting against what seems like several hundred REALLY bad guys (the Reavers). Ms. Glau must have had some extensive training. You can see some of the fight in the 2 minute trailer at IMDB, and a longer excerpt here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAzZoU9tOeY

Thank you Steve for the nice comment
    This version of Karate girl was rendered in Poser pro, and it was my first g2f female animation in poser
    i had to make transparency maps to fix the poke through on the sunny bathing suit, I wish g2f was easier to work with.
    also the dynamic water in poser would not take the shadows right, it seemed it kept changing color on me..lol
    but over all not bad for a 2 minute film with g2f.
    BTW that was a pretty exciting film clip you posted lots of great action scenes :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    bigh said:

I on the other-hand like it very much, cute, lots of attention to detail esp the breathing morph
    I shall refrain from sharing my views on Bigh's stuff except to say his views on mine are prob the same :lol:

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    bigh said:

I on the other-hand like it very much, cute, lots of attention to detail esp the breathing morph
    I shall refrain from sharing my views on Bigh's stuff except to say his views on mine are prob the same :lol:

Thank you for the very nice comment Wendy.
    I don;t see anything wrong with your work Wendy. I think your stuff is very entertaining. and most definetly Oginal ..lol
    Its okay if Bigh thinks it is not one of my best films. I can't always make a block buster, not that I ever have to begin with..lol
    i just enjoy making them and hope others will too.
    My Karate girl series is something that get request to make on youtube that is why i keep doing them.
    But i relies its not some peoples cup of tea either. :)

One thing I have to say is that i am starting to learn how to get g2f to work in poser animation now that i know how to get around the poke through issue somewhat and its work with the Sub-Division pretty good. I have been playing around trying to get g2f to work within poser physics so i can apply the soft body tissue movements that is even more poke through to deal with..lol
    So maybe after i master g2f in poser maybe i get get it to work in Daz as well. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Well done Ivy. One of the best action sets I think I have ever seen you create. This one goes to the top of my list as user done animation as it should be done. Bravo.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Ivy said:

Well done Ivy. One of the best action sets I think I have ever seen you create. This one goes to the top of my list as user done animation as it should be done. Bravo.

Thank you very much Jeff for the sweet comment.
    I can make animations much better in poser than Daz , maybe just because i am more experienced using poser.
    I don't if you noticed but this was my first G2F in a poser animation , she didn't have much of a part but i'm getting there. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I did read that and I could not even tell, it was done so well I caught no errors in the G2F. One of the reasons for the Bravo, also such smooth action, I now wish my savings account grew faster so I could start to learn in the newest Poser. That will come in time though.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    bigh said:

what do they say
    o ya if you can't say some thing nice - don't say any thing at all
    :cheese:

guess I should not say any thing else
    skull

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I did read that and I could not even tell, it was done so well I caught no errors in the G2F. One of the reasons for the Bravo, also such smooth action, I now wish my savings account grew faster so I could start to learn in the newest Poser. That will come in time though.

Thank you Jeff. with practice i am sure I'll get a little better at g2f the trick of having to make the transparency maps for the characters to eliminate the poke through seems to be the ticket , it just take a little time making them in order to make it work right., hopefully in time more products will be developed for daz studio for animation, i really miss my particle FX tools and i have had no luck to get my partical plugin to work in 64 byte
    So in the mean time poser will do ,and i can still use all my older fx tools as well which has been good as well.

I have always taken advantage of the early adopters programs for poser where i can get it at 80% off which is the only way I could afford to keep my poser up to date other wise I'd be using older versions as well. i think got a add though for a July special to get pp2014 for 60% or 70% off at $199.
    but that is still pretty steep when you need to pay import things first like food and electricity. I think that is why i have slowed my buying down
    I was going to buy some new models the other day there was some really nice stuff i seen
    But I invested in a good deal of silver bullion & junk silver coins instead. I had been having this weird dream lately that i may need it in the future. so i taking it as some kind of a omen. I'm weird like that..lol

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Ivy said:
    bigh said:

what do they say
    o ya if you can't say some thing nice - don't say any thing at all
    :cheese:

guess I should not say any thing else
    skull

Is that even possible Bigh.. : D :P

edited December 1969

Well done Ivy .....keep them coming

edited December 1969

wavedelsh said:

Well done Ivy .....keep them coming

Thank you very much Dave, I think i have a few more up my sleeve : )

edited December 1969

New animation practicing using g2f with Victoria 4
    I used a character created for both Genesis 2 female & Victoria 4 named Malibu by Silver I'll let you decide which one is which..lol
    I had lost my patients with creating visible maps textures at the end of this film so you may notice some bugs..lol Oh well.
    credits for all products used at the end of the flim.

Daz Studio Fashion Show at the Big-O
    Introducing Malibu, a Genesis 2 female character in a Daz Studio Fashion Show. Come watch these sex girls show off some of the 3d clothing for both Genesis 2 female & Victoria 4, we hope you enjoy the show!
    Animation Rendered in Daz Studio Pro 4.6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GigMjPjPKSw

Promo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 153K
    edited December 1969

New animation practicing using g2f with Victoria 4
    I used a character created for both Genesis 2 female & Victoria 4 named Malibu by Silver I’ll let you decide which one is which..lol
    I had lost my patients with creating visible maps textures at the end of this film so you may notice some bugs..lol Oh well.
    credits for all products used at the end of the flim.

Daz Studio Fashion Show at the Big-O
    Introducing Malibu, a Genesis 2 female character in a Daz Studio Fashion Show. Come watch these sex girls show off some of the 3d clothing for both Genesis 2 female & Victoria 4, we hope you enjoy the show!
    Animation Rendered in Daz Studio Pro 4.6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GigMjPjPKSw

Promo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 153K
    edited August 2014

Cosplay Girls: Ivy ( Best viewed full size 1920 x 1080)
    my new favorite character, after some kit bashing.
    Rendered in Daz Studio 4.6

Items used
    Character set from
    VYK_Cosplay Girls: Ivy by vyktohria http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=105324

Skin Texture Mara For Victoria 4 and Genesis http://www.daz3d.com/mara-for-victoria-4-and-genesis

Body Morph~
    Dark Elves for Genesis http://www.daz3d.com/dark-elves-for-genesis
    props bows and arrows
    Midnight Huntress for Genesis http://www.daz3d.com/midnight-huntress-for-genesis

Back ground and trees leaves and grass.
    The Forest Whispers
    Remembering How to Fly
    by Lisa Botanical , I could not find the link to it so i guess its been moth-balled.

Custom UE2 lighting done by me
    that s it :)

cos-play_ivy_V.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 260K
    cos-play_ivy_IV.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 249K
    cos-play_ivy_III.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 386K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2014

Karate Girl Adventures; In Foiled Robbery
    one day her way to school Karate Girl went into a store to buy a pack of gum , next thing she knows, she had to run for her life. the adventure begins.

Created & Rendered in Poser Pro 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkG2dmETWZo

intro_3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 233K
    promo01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 190K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2014

Karate Girl Adventures; In Foiled Robbery
    (Animation)
    one day her way to school Karate Girl went into a store to buy a pack of gum , next thing she knows, she had to run for her life. the adventure begins.

Created & Rendered in Poser Pro 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkG2dmETWZo

intro_3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 233K
    intro_2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 228K
    promo01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 190K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Great stuff Ivy ...Some of those moves are brilliant piece of Animation

edited August 2014

wavedelsh said:

Great stuff Ivy ...Some of those moves are brilliant piece of Animation

Thank you very much Dave,

these programs are great for telling stories it's just hard for one person to get all the little details
    I think I am starting to get the hang of poser for animation, its only taken me 6 years to get this far...lol

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2014

Twerking at the Beach - Back view
    ( best viewed - click for full size)
    Rendered in Poser pro2014 ,
    animated in Flash pro cs5 saved as GIF
    I posted a better version on my g+ channel
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/107086462407744789396/posts/YjMEuJMwBLj

Back_view_twearkingTwearking_II.gif
    800 x 600 - 2M
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

genesis 2 female
    best view (click on picture for large view)
    twerking on the beach - front view
    rendered in poser pro 2014 - animated in flash pro cs5 saved as gif file
    you can see a better version of it on e g+ post
    here https://plus.google.com/u/0/107086462407744789396/posts/9wJPT7J9ZF4?pid=6045362913169769474&oid=107086462407744789396

twerking_front_view.gif
    800 x 600 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Private Oasis,
    Rendered in Poser Pro 2014

Private_Oasis_II.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 338K
    Private_Oasis_I.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 328K
    edited December 1969