Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Oooooh I hope shes carrying a good gun off screen :gulp: Scary, snakes and I aren't compatible LOL Looks like Sickles clone is spot on too!

I see you've been working with animated Gifs lately, Looks good what you doing! Tho something wrong in my browser, they animate but it is not clearing previous frames for me XD

Nice work as always Ivy, keep it up :D

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Oooooh I hope shes carrying a good gun off screen :gulp: Scary, snakes and I aren't compatible LOL Looks like Sickles clone is spot on too!

I see you've been working with animated Gifs lately, Looks good what you doing! Tho something wrong in my browser, they animate but it is not clearing previous frames for me XD

Nice work as always Ivy, keep it up :D

Thanks for taking a look Spyro , this was just something silly I did to kill some time at work.

The gif graphics were created in Adobe Flash Pro cs5 and saved as a Gif file instead of a SWF file
    I don;t thin k the gifs look as good as the SWF files do maybe because i can save the swf in HD @ 300 dpi where as gifs are only 72 dpi
    still pretty cool though thanks for the comment :)

edited May 2014

Coming soon to Youtube
    Rendered in Daz Studio with A4 and F4
    I'm still having poke through issues and bad pink color artifacts showing during rendering proccess with genesis and g2f figures,
    so I'm going to stick with gen 4 for a while until i can figure out how to get genesis and g2f to animate with out so many issue with out renderings each frame one at a time.
    anyway here is the promo for my new animation to be released in a couple of weeks.

Karate Girl Vs the Barbarian - In the last man standing cage event in 1080 HD

Edit post once for spelling and grammar.

kg.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 111K
    kg2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 136K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited May 2014

Oooooo A MainEvent!!! I bet all my precious rubies that stunningly cute karate girl will drop him in under 20 seconds! The crowd WILL go nuts! :cheese:

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447
    edited December 1969

Now add some tattoos to that Barbarian! :)

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Nice. My money's on the karate girl also. :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Nice. My money's on the karate girl also. :)
    Yeah, one good kick to the groin and he's done. Oh, wait, where's his "bulge"? is he a eunuch? I feel sorry for him.
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments guys :)
    @TobiasG thanks for the tattoo Idea I have a bunch of tribal tats I can use too.
    There a alot of 300 Key-frame scenes that will require some cuts, because of bad artifacts in rendering.
    I'm not to sure why i keep getting these pink artifacts in the animation sequence i never had this problem with older version of daz.
    it appears to be the lighting that causes it, so I've been using a lot more light shaders instead .. the only draw back it takes longer to render so it may take a few weeks to get this rendered. before i can start editing it . I'm also still waiting for my voice actor ti get back from National Guard duty to finsh my genie animation so that why i have not got that one out yet.

Stay tuned in :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

Pink artifacts in renders? Hmmm... you do know that Deep shadow maps is broke in 3Delight right now, and just one light set to Deep Shadows can cause the render artifacts. I preferred Deep Shadows for the render speed myself but they are not a option at this time.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Pink artifacts in renders? Hmmm... you do know that Deep shadow maps is broke in 3Delight right now, and just one light set to Deep Shadows can cause the render artifacts. I preferred Deep Shadows for the render speed myself but they are not a option at this time.

Thanks Jade
    I knew it had something to do with the lighting. and I did notice it was with just when i used deep shadow maps.
    I did find that using Dimension Theory Light shaders seem to work very well. But the light gel takes longer to render, but not as long as raytrace.. so that is my lesser of 2 evils for rendering this animation
    Do you have any timeline when they are going to address the light shadow map issue that creates these undesired artifacts?

Oh couple more test shots from the opening scene of KG & he barbarian
    one is showing the prize for the winner and the other is the MC that starts the film.

MC01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 117K
    cop_shot_test_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 115K
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure in which version of 3Delight the Deep Shadow errors started but I do know they have been trying to fix it for many versions now. So far from my reading it has just not been possible to fix without killing other features we users would need more. So it stays broke for now.

Nice work Ivy. Looking forward to more from you. I'm in a pretty deep render slump, slowly pulling out but not there yet.

• John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Jaderail said:

Thanks Jade
    I knew it had something to do with the lighting. and I did notice it was with just when i used deep shadow maps.
    I did find that using Dimension Theory Light shaders seem to work very well. But the light gel takes longer to render, but not as long as raytrace.. so that is my lesser of 2 evils for rendering this animation
    Do you have any timeline when they are going to address the light shadow map issue that creates these undesired artifacts?

one is showing the prize for the winner and the other is the MC that starts the film.

Looking very good.

My only comment, and not a criticism of your work, DAZ does female figures really well, and hulking brute guys are also good, they just don't seem to get normal guys to look right. I don't know what it is but mainly the shoulders seem way too bulky.

edited June 2014

John Sims said:
    Ivy said:
    Jaderail said:

Thanks Jade

Looking very good.

My only comment, and not a criticism of your work, DAZ does female figures really well, and hulking brute guys are also good, they just don't seem to get normal guys to look right. I don't know what it is but mainly the shoulders seem way too bulky.

Hi John thanks for the comment actually i think you can blame the character i am using and the suite is Mafiaso uni-fit but the character is RPublishing Mitchell for m4 and he has a rather large shoulder span so the suit didn't fit as well as i hoped. but he doesn't have any poke through during the animation cycle, so I'm good with it :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Karate Girl - Suki and the Barbarian
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJGcgOGc4Bw
    Suki takes on Bill The Barbarian in a last man standing cage fight.
    3d animation created with Daz Studio software.
    Karate Girl adventures is a animated series by Ivy Summers

010.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 153K
    kg-promo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 126K
    edited December 1969

kg-promo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 126K
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Good work, the mocap is pretty convincing. Did you create it yourself?

I'm not familiar with this sport, but I do recall a somewhat related humor article by Dave Barry:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1999-07-18/news/9907290337_1_wrestler-referee-professional-wrestling

• John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

I thought the lead up to the fight was really good, even though I quite liked the Barbarian. The lighting was great.

The fight scene showed clever use of aniblocks but I wonder if it might have benefited from a few more angles - think close up slowmo face punch in Rocky for example. Perhaps some more frantic jump cuts ( great for animation) might have made it a bit more dynamic and generally being closer to the action might have made it more engaging?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I would have like more fighting :-)

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Great work! Really enjoyed watching! :)

edited June 2014

John Sims said:
    I thought the lead up to the fight was really good, even though I quite liked the Barbarian. The lighting was great.

The fight scene showed clever use of aniblocks but I wonder if it might have benefited from a few more angles - think close up slowmo face punch in Rocky for example. Perhaps some more frantic jump cuts ( great for animation) might have made it a bit more dynamic and generally being closer to the action might have made it more engaging?

Thanks for watching & the comment Jon
    isn't that what ani block are for ?.lol
    there was a combination of ani blocks, poser mocap bvh files and a lot of hand key-framing
    I wasn't making this to be professional animation, that impossible when using daz as a single person project on a film over 2 minutes. there is just to many details for one person and rendering as it was took over a month.
    I'm not really complaining But I found using this new version of daz I had trouble rendering animation sequences, even though i was using gen 4 as a work around for the poke troughs in this version of daz it still gave me a lot of problems especially with the low lighting leaving pink artifacts and when i tried to use slow motion for close ups it would be so blurry it didn't look right with the low lighting and some of the slow mo kicks i tried looks to choppy that why I cut a lot of scene out. it was very disappointing to see it after spending hours of rendering a scene to only have to cut it because of the poor quality of finish render
    Daz is great for still renders I can't argue that. but i don't think it really as good as it was for animation something in rendering when using ani blocks have changed as well if you render a test shot with a ani block on the timeline it will almost always be blurry that is hard to get use to when trying to find animation flaws , but it could be just me too not use to animating daz. or maybe that's why you don't see many daz animation over 30 seconds long that aren't dancing girls. I think next time I'll try making an animation in poser which i am more familiar using for animation. :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited June 2014

bigh said:
    I would have like more fighting :-)

thanks for the comment bigh

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

MN-150374 said:
    Ivy said:

Thank you very much
    I have a series of karate girl adventure animation I've been making for a couple of years I hope you get to watch them :)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0BED8C486F8E9C55

edited December 1969

Bumping this animation to this line on the thread

kg2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 136K
    edited June 2014

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:

Good work, the mocap is pretty convincing. Did you create it yourself?

I'm not familiar with this sport, but I do recall a somewhat related humor article by Dave Barry:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1999-07-18/news/9907290337_1_wrestler-referee-professional-wrestling

Thanks for the comment :)

yes there is a combination fo Go figure ani blocks , Poser mocap BVH files and a lot of hand keyframing
    Karate girl adventure series is a animation series I've been doing for a couple of years
    if you haven't seen them you can watch them all here if you like :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

That one WAS pure Fun Ivy. Loved it.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited June 2014

Ivy said:
    MN-150374 said:
    Ivy said:

Thank you very much
    I have a series of karate girl adventure animation I've been making for a couple of years I hope you get to watch them :)

The complete series is fun to watch! Love those spinkicks! :-)
    The animated dragon was nice to see! Very good work! :)

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That one WAS pure Fun Ivy. Loved it.

Thank you very much Jeff :)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    ... yes there is a combination fo Go figure ani blocks , Poser mocap BVH files and a lot of hand keyframing

Okay, it seems to work pretty well. I thought you might have gotten into your own mocap software, capturing motions from live actors. A friend of mine is on a production team that is creating a feature length animated movie (fairly big budget, too). They are planning a mocap studio, using new Microsoft Kinect cameras which are due out sometime this year, I think. I forget the software, but I think the whole affair is reasonably affordable, or at least not "Pixar Level Cost".

I generally use only free and purchased mocaps (I have a pretty good collection), plus some hand key framing. I *think* a custom mocap setup would be nice, but I dunno, may be a lot of work. (This is one place where the live action directors have an advantage, they just tell the actor, "Okay, this time jump off the building waving your sword and grab onto the helicopter, then ... ", etc.) :coolgrin:

edited June 2014

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:
    ... yes there is a combination fo Go figure ani blocks , Poser mocap BVH files and a lot of hand keyframing

Okay, it seems to work pretty well. I thought you might have gotten into your own mocap software, capturing motions from live actors. A friend of mine is on a production team that is creating a feature length animated movie (fairly big budget, too). They are planning a mocap studio, using new Microsoft Kinect cameras which are due out sometime this year, I think. I forget the software, but I think the whole affair is reasonably affordable, or at least not "Pixar Level Cost".

I generally use only free and purchased mocaps (I have a pretty good collection), plus some hand key framing. I *think* a custom mocap setup would be nice, but I dunno, may be a lot of work. (This is one place where the live action directors have an advantage, they just tell the actor, "Okay, this time jump off the building waving your sword and grab onto the helicopter, then ... ", etc.) :coolgrin:

I know what you mean about cost .. animation libraries for Maya is ridiculous.
    I only make these for fun so I'm not really going to put that much money into extra software to make mocaps for daz studio. I'm only using daz and poser software, and like you do, I use what is available to work with for those programs . if i have the time i like trying to hand key frameing that's fun too. But time consuming. :) if i was making money off these animation then i might put more into it. But for a YouTube animation there good enough for me Did you ever notice how many people think they are a expert on animation but never have any videos of their own to show their expertise..lol creating animation with Daz and Poser is not that easy and very resource intesive on a PC

But they are better than still frames slide show and calling it animation, which i have see a lot of people do. lol
    But we got to work with what we got when using affordable software don't we :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

MN-150374 said:
    Ivy said:
    MN-150374 said:
    Ivy said:

Thank you very much

The complete series is fun to watch! Love those spinkicks! :-)
    The animated dragon was nice to see! Very good work! :)

Thank you very much for watching and the sweet comments I am happy you got to enjoyed them. :)
    when i started these Daz & Poser animations they were pretty rough at first, but as time goes on I'm learning more tricks to make them better: :) "The Karate Girl Adventures" gives me a good theme storyline to work off and their fun to make. though I do have other types of Daz and poser animations as well,