Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967

This is actually done as part of my August Pro Bundle Daily Challenge, but it certainly fits this thread. Hiro 3, Aiko 3, and Storm Queen Castle

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,004
    edited August 2020

Must've spent most of my creativity points back at the first of the year.

Here, have a kitty from last year.

Mint Chocolate Kit

MintKitty 02.jpg
    2800 x 2100 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

*purrrrrr*

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...ngow.

kyoto kid said:

...ngow.

???

I am not a native English speaker ... translation? Please?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

...ngow.

???

It's not english but a phonetic spelling of the anime sound; it get's annoying really quickly at times. :)

nicstt said:
    Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

...ngow.

???

It's not english but a phonetic spelling of the anime sound; it get's annoying really quickly at times. :)

Thank you! I tried to find purrrrrrngow on the internet, because of the ... in front of the ngow. LOL

Kerya said:
    nicstt said:
    Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

...ngow.

???

Thank you! I tried to find purrrrrrngow on the internet, because of the ... in front of the ngow. LOL

The N appears to be almost silent, which is really how cats pronounce it. cheeky

edited August 2020

Well, maybe back to pictures ... does Melody count in the Aiko 3 thread? To follow up on the cats theme?

MelodyCardiganSione.png
    738 x 960 - 302K
    Post edited by Kerya on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,579
    Kerya said:

Well, maybe back to pictures ... does Melody count in the Aiko 3 thread? To follow up on the cats theme?

Well, nobody has yet requested for the removal of the "Melody for A3" renders I've posted or not to post any more if that means anything. wink

And you know me; as she is my favorite mesh, I always cheer her appearance! laugh

Sincerely,

Bill

To me the clue is in the name: Melody for Aiko 3

nicstt said:

To me the clue is in the name: Melody for Aiko 3

That was my reasoning, too; but different people have different opinions.  Ask 5 different people their thoughts on a given subject, and sometimes you get 8 or 9 conflicting opinions. frown

I suppose as the thread starter I should make an "official" statement on the matter or something.

"I have no problem with hybrid figures made from A3/H3 (e.g. Melody & Micah, Belbel, DIY)"

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    nicstt said:
    Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

...ngow.

???

...actually it originally comes from B.Kliban's cartoon book Cat published in 1975  (which is where I got it from).

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    Kerya said:

Uhm ... As I just rendered it for the Wiki and I am testing the links when uploading the renders ...

https://www.daz3d.com/toa-arabiannites-for-aiko-3

Unfortunately the Thousand and One Nights (on maybe Thousand Nights and a Night) Textures ARE gone.

Mzzkiti seated within the "pilot house" (an antiquated term) of the space freighter that is her current assignment.  The crew mockingly call it the "gopher hole" because the chamber can not be accessed through a conventional hatch.  Instead, one sits within the control chair positioned upon the deck beneath.  Activated, it rises throgh a shaft until it reaches an open area where the flight controls are loacred.  Why the convoluted procedure?  Since "Freighter Tails" was intended as parody and broad farce, well, purely for the absurdity of it, and partly as tribute the complex transport mechanisms depicted in Gerry Anderson's "ThunderBirds" that got the Tracy brothers to their respectibe vehicles.  Mzzkiti seems a bit overwhelmed by myriad of free floating holographic displays.

As usual, Lt. Mzzkiti is "Melody for A3" and the majority of the hardware is various "gubbens" from several different Coflek-Gnorg sets depicting what I call "'Stromo-punk" based upon the ship interiors from "Alien" as designed by Ron Cobb.

Sincerely,

Bill

She is so cute as always - and that look on her face! LOL

edited May 2023
    Kerya said:

mhmm, I think I'll leave the nekos to Redfern for now, besides I got my own preoccupation.

RedVixen04 test.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Sweet Foxy girl!

Kerya said:

D'aww...well, shucks! laugh

Ethin said:

mhmm, I think I'll leave the nekos to Redfern for now, besides I got my own preoccupation.

That body and face texture are fantastic!  Everybody, you guys really need to view this one at full resolution to see the "lay" of the "fur".  It really adds to the realism!

Ethin, did you create them?  I think they would prove quite popular if you were to share or even sell them.

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern said:

Ethin, did you create them?  I think they would prove quite popular if you were to share or even sell them.

Sincerely,

Bill

Not entirely. I used a resource from a texture creation kit for Little_Dragon and CharleyFox's Krystal on the head, and a map converted to A3 from RawArt's cat world for the body. Both are where the fur texture came from, that was used as displacement and (highly modified) in the creation of the diffuse texture.

The head texture could be redistributed as a freebie, I would need to talk to RawArt about the body texture but I kinda doubt they'd ok it.

I quite understand.  Ultimately, it would be fruitless for "Melody" anyway as the converted maps would align to A3's original head, not LittleFox's unique geometry.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited August 2020

Nope, don't know what your talking about, nothing to see here. wink

Melody test 01.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Again, people, you need to view tEthin's render at full resolution.  The diffuse texture is one that comes with the base "Melody" figure, but the bump maps for the body and head are "new", suggesting a "lay of fur".  LittleFox's bump maps are composed of "points", more like a "noise" map while Ethim's has "length" to the "fur strands".

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern said:

Again, people, you need to view tEthin's render at full resolution.  The diffuse texture is one that comes with the base "Melody" figure, but the bump maps for the body and head are "new", suggesting a "lay of fur".  LittleFox's bump maps are composed of "points", more like a "noise" map while Ethim's has "length" to the "fur strands".

Sincerely,

Bill

Yeah, not bad for a first attempt. There are a few off areas that need adjusting, then to move on to the body. Might do a set with longer "strands" as well.

Well I think you've done a wonderful job upon Melody's face.  If they are from scratch and thus totally yours, I will be very interested in obtaining them, for purchase, even!

Sincerely,

Bill

edited August 2020

Busy with something, so here's some older stuff.

Was playing with Faeryl.

Strait out of the box, 'cept for the hair.

Half an hour or so later.

Post edited by Ethin on

More age progression. This time it was Sherbet's turn.
    Oh, they grow up so fast!

Growing up - and still sooooo cute!

edited May 2023

Sir, Your 2:00 Is Here.

I don't think she's from accounting.

DevFemale3 Test 05.jpg
    1850 x 2000 - 986K
    Post edited by Ethin on