Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515

...ohhh too cute.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Haha, yeh, I was "Daww"

• EthinEthin Posts: 973

Nice job!

• Everyone's stuff here is SO good!

These are some old A3 renders, but I really like them. So wanted to share with you. I wish I could remember my shader brick settings...

zorra_armor_01.png
    364 x 600 - 296K
  • I am having a terrible time embedding images in these posts...so here is another one...

DianaMinervaArmor.png
    740 x 600 - 459K
  • uno mas...

ZorraMinervaUni.png
    740 x 600 - 349K
    DianaUni.png
    364 x 600 - 182K

Thanks!

Mmm, tough girls.

kyoto kid said:

...crikey have to get another Cute-O-Meter again.  This is getting expensive. At least it didn't set off the smoke alarm when it overloaded.

I suppose befor I do something like that again I should probably warn people or something. Maybe something like...

{cue soothing electronic female voice}

"!!!WARNING!!!"
    "Kawaii Tsunami Detected."
    "All thread residents are advised to take whatever precautionary measures they deem necessary."

edited June 2020

@ tmdoray_8f0ea9a219

...reminds me a little of the old Heartbreakers series.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2022
    Ethin said:
    kyoto kid said:

...crikey have to get another Cute-O-Meter again.  This is getting expensive. At least it didn't set off the smoke alarm when it overloaded.

I suppose befor I do something like that again I should probably warn people or something. Maybe something like...

"!!!WARNING!!!"
    "All thread residents are advised to take whatever precautionary measures they deem necessary."

So, last fall I decided to dust off that old Idol outfit for Aiko 3 and see what I could make of it. "Hmm... It's going to need some texture work. Naturally Aurora will be the one to wear it since she's my anime girl" heads off to Pinterest and google looking for inspiration...

Aurora

Aurora2020 01.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 694K
    Post edited by Ethin on

...fortunately the replacement meter hasn't arrived yet. 

• kyoto kid said:

@ tmdoray_8f0ea9a219

Cool! Is that an anime? I'll have to look it up. Cheers

edited June 2022
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    kyoto kid said:

"!!!WARNING!!!"

So, last fall I decided to dust off that old Idol outfit for Aiko 3 and see what I could make of it. "Hmm... It's going to need some texture work. Naturally Aurora will be the one to wear it since she's my anime girl" heads off to Pinterest and google looking for inspiration...

Aurora

...Well I found inspiration, just not what I was looking for. "You know, Aurora could use some friends."

Stella

Stella 02.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 666K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited June 2022
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    kyoto kid said:

"!!!WARNING!!!"

Aurora

...Well I found inspiration, just not what I was looking for. "You know, Aurora could use some friends."

Stella

...Now there's three of them, they're like the Power Puff Girls or something...

Halley

Halley 03.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 772K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • Sweet!

edited June 2022
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    kyoto kid said:

"!!!WARNING!!!"

Aurora

Stella

Halley

...Oh great, now there's five of 'em, what are they the Sailor Scots? They even have spacey names...

Solara

Luna

Solara 03.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 951K
    Luna 01.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 654K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    kyoto kid said:

"!!!WARNING!!!"

Aurora

Stella

Oh I love this one! SO CUTE!!! yes

Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    kyoto kid said:

"!!!WARNING!!!"

Aurora

Stella

Oh I love this one! SO CUTE!!! yes

:D

edited June 2022
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    kyoto kid said:

"!!!WARNING!!!"

Aurora

Stella

Halley

...Oh great, now there's five of 'em, what are they the Sailor Scots? They even have spacey names...

Solara

Luna

...And now they're ponies...

Terra

Terra 02.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 748K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited June 2022
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:
    kyoto kid said:

"!!!WARNING!!!"

Aurora

Stella

Halley

Solara

Luna

...And now they're ponies...

Terra

...Yep, Ponies, complete with reformed darksider...

Xinanis

Xinanis 03.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 998K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited November 2022

Quick and dirty group shot

Aurora Stella Halley Solara Luna Terra Xinanis 01.jpg
    2800 x 2100 - 3M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited November 2022

Oh yeah, half a year later...

AuroraLoliIdol 01.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 853K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    kyoto kid said:

@ tmdoray_8f0ea9a219

Cool! Is that an anime? I'll have to look it up. Cheers

..actually a limited series comic book published in the 1990s by Dark Horse. 

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=133771

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    Ethin said:

That's a comic I'd read. :D I hope the black and white girl is a ghost - that would be cool. I see these characters and I want to know what their story is.

Just a word of critique - the spikey blonde anime hairstyle doesn't seem to fit quite as well with the group's style, imo - the hair seems a bit more "toon" than the other girls' hair. Stylistically it doesn't seem to go as well - just IMO, Feel free to disagree, of course. :)

edited June 2020
    Ethin said:

That's a comic I'd read. :D I hope the black and white girl is a ghost - that would be cool. I see these characters and I want to know what their story is.

Ghost, Pluto Chan, avatar of a black hole, there's some options.

Just a word of critique - the spikey blonde anime hairstyle doesn't seem to fit quite as well with the group's style, imo - the hair seems a bit more "toon" than the other girls' hair. Stylistically it doesn't seem to go as well - just IMO, Feel free to disagree, of course. :)

Honestly that hair is jaust a place holder, I wanted something spiky and messy, that was the closest I had. Back in September when she was born her name was Corona{cringe}, at the start of mach I worked on her some more, messed up her hair and changed her name to Solara{'cause reasons}. It seemed to me the best way to fight off darkness was to turn up the sun, so silly over done hair.cheekylaugh

Post edited by Ethin on
    edited June 2020
    Ethin said:

Yeh, I've found myself watching anime recently; I'm fairly new to the genre (can thank netflix for that), and I would agree with Diva on the hairstyle - and that I might read the comic/watch the anime.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

The issue is that that particular hair is a mismatch to all the others.If the rest of the cast were wearing plastic wigs too (which that one looks like) then it would just look like the style that you're working in. But the rest of the wigs look like hair. Maybe not natural hair, but hair. That one doesn't.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

@Ethin, what Hair does Luna have, if you don't mind me asking?  

edited June 2020
    3dOutlaw said:

@Ethin, what Hair does Luna have, if you don't mind me asking?  

@3dOutlaw, Pure Hair: Crazy, made as long as possible.

Post edited by Ethin on
    JOdel said:

The issue is that that particular hair is a mismatch to all the others.If the rest of the cast were wearing plastic wigs too (which that one looks like) then it would just look like the style that you're working in. But the rest of the wigs look like hair. Maybe not natural hair, but hair. That one doesn't.

It's an important point; consider just one image; you're telling a story with that one image, anything that chances breaking the effect you're trying to have on the viewer will prevent your story getting across. One of the reasons I have had issues with the hair and clothes in studio - certainly before dforce and strand hair came along. It was much easier for those to spoil the effect prior to that.