Beta for DazCentral, your new Content Manager

Comments

• Thank you!

Install Manager is back! 

I guess enough people complained that it was put back on the after purchase page.

------------------------------------------------------------

Download through DazCentral

Download and install your products automatically.

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL 

Download through DAZ Install Manager

Download and install your products automatically through DAZ Install Manager.

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL 

• desistorprojdesistorproj Posts: 0
    edited June 2020

I cannot enter the control daz, it says that my account does not exist

a mi no me deja entrar en el daz control, dice que mi cuenta no existe o no fue confirmada

Post edited by Chohole on
  •  

a mi no me deja entrar en el daz control, dice que mi cuenta no existe o no fue confirmada

Are you sure you are entering the details correctly? If so you may need to open a support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited June 2020

¿Cuál es el problema exactamente? se que hay un tema con las cuentascon el largo de los nombres o algo así.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited July 2020

If I could find a Content Manager which is able to list all the add-ons of the purchased products that I missed, it would be wonderful.

It's a nightmare to manage 4500 items, in particular when the add-ons are released months or years later.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • plarsonplarson Posts: 21

My primary question is WILL IT EVER ACTUAL WORK? Can't sign in, I think that worked once, says password is wrong or user name is wrong. Nope same password I use to autolog into DAZ3D in Chrome, copy and pasted from the password manager. 

• plarson said:

My primary question is WILL IT EVER ACTUAL WORK? Can't sign in, I think that worked once, says password is wrong or user name is wrong. Nope same password I use to autolog into DAZ3D in Chrome, copy and pasted from the password manager. 

Does the password contain at least seven characters?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    plarson said:

Nope same password I use to autolog into DAZ3D in Chrome, copy and pasted from the password manager. 

Are you sure you aren't accidentally including a leading or trailing space in that copy/paste? That's a common issue on the store with coupon and gift card codes, I wouldn't be surprised to see it crop up here as well.

plarson said:

Nope same password I use to autolog into DAZ3D in Chrome, copy and pasted from the password manager. 

Are you sure you aren't accidentally including a leading or trailing space in that copy/paste? That's a common issue on the store with coupon and gift card codes, I wouldn't be surprised to see it crop up here as well.

yES, i HAVE TRIED VARIOUS METHODS OF ENTERING THE PASSWORD MAYBE 20 OR 30 TIMES.

edited July 2020
    plarson said:

Does the password contain at least seven characters?

Quite a bit more.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • You may, then, need to open a support ticket - make sure you click the Sign In button, you shouldn't need to enter your email.

https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• vagansvagans Posts: 422

Scene Optimizer doesn't seem to be available in Daz Central, I just purchased this week. I submitted a ticket.

• Is there a way to sort my assets into categories? I have about 8000 assets and at present it's just one huuuuuge list? Thanks!

• Also - my Central STILL shows different installed results to my Studio, which is also different to my DIM!!!! Aaaargh!!  I have been over and over the install paths!  I swear, I'm going to give up and learn Poser!! (Kidding. KIDDING! lol!)

• vagansvagans Posts: 422
    Neither Scene Optimizer or Skin Builder 8 are available in Daz Central. Does Central not know how to handle script-focused products?
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    vagans said:
    Neither Scene Optimizer or Skin Builder 8 are available in Daz Central. Does Central not know how to handle script-focused products?

DazCentral should show the same products as DIM (unless they're hidden in DIM), but I have at least one missing, also.

• I didnt see this issue listed but here goes. After I installed DAZCentral, I noticed that existing items that were installed thru a ZIP/RAR no longer seem to function. The items are there, cause I checked but I could no longer access them from Studio. And yes I did tell DC where the path of my library is. And yet for some reason when I open DC it tells me that I need to install Studio. Huh???

I didnt see this issue listed but here goes. After I installed DAZCentral, I noticed that existing items that were installed thru a ZIP/RAR no longer seem to function. The items are there, cause I checked but I could no longer access them from Studio. And yes I did tell DC where the path of my library is. And yet for some reason when I open DC it tells me that I need to install Studio. Huh???

Check that Content Directory Manager in DS is still pointing to the right place.

As for DazCentral saying you need to install DS, I suspect that it's because, unlike DIM, DazCentral treats all of the stuff that comes with DS as one item, so if any of those parts isn't installed, it tells you DS isn't completely installed.

• notretsamnotretsam Posts: 74
    edited July 2020

So recently had some issues with my computer which led to me having to reinstall everything Daz related, not too big a thing, as setting up a fresh Daz every now and again isn't a bad thing to do.

However, I come to the site and find that there is no direct link for downloading Daz studio? like what the hell?

I assume I have not missed a direct link somewhere?

I go to the page to download Daz and told to download Daz Central.........nope, no interest in that, am happy with Daz Install Manager. I just want to download daz studio, then install DIM and so forth. 

It appears like you trying to force Daz Central on to people but when I tried it, it kept going to 79% when downloading Daz Studio, then jump back to 71% every time it hit 79%, seemed the program downloaded but wasn't on my main drive, which is where I wanted to install it.

As this saying goes, if it's not broke, don't fix it, Daz install manager is fine.

Overall point, please keep a direct download link for Daz Studio without having to download Daz Central, not everyone is going want to download Central.

Post edited by notretsam on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Install DIM then install Studio from DIM.

Or download a stand-alone installer from your Product Library.

• notretsamnotretsam Posts: 74
    edited July 2020

yeah, I used DIM but my point is should be a download for Daz studio available on-site, but download Daz studio page has you download Daz central first, then use that to download Daz studio.

Don't see the sense of that, allow people the choice of downloading Daz studio directly from the site or use DIM or use Daz Central.

variety of options is a great thing, especially since Daz central doesn't appear to be very popular, not something I plan to ever use.

Post edited by notretsam on
  • Is there anyway to download the latest version of DAZ Studio without having to run DAZCentral?

Flortale said:

Is there anyway to download the latest version of DAZ Studio without having to run DAZCentral?

1) Use DIM

2) Download a stand-alone installer from your Product Library (Windows only).

edited September 2020

Without warning, Daz Connect OFFLINE is no longer available for the new releases.

I must use the extremely slow download of the online method if I want to keep the folder structure (1 product = 1 folder).

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

So had a negative experience with buying older Poser stuff.  DAZ Central is what my Product LIbrary is telling me to use to download them.  NOPE.  Unless there is a way to add a Poser label to the left side panel there is no way to download from there.  What I ended up doing was enabeling Poser in the DIM and got the files that way.  Very annoying DAZ!  Why would they direct me to install DAZCentral to download products that I cannot download from there?  This is a mess.  

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    RAMWolff said:

So had a negative experience with buying older Poser stuff.  DAZ Central is what my Product LIbrary is telling me to use to download them.  NOPE.  Unless there is a way to add a Poser label to the left side panel there is no way to download from there.  What I ended up doing was enabeling Poser in the DIM and got the files that way.  Very annoying DAZ!  Why would they direct me to install DAZCentral to download products that I cannot download from there?  This is a mess.  

You ran into the "new and improved" Product library ...

There is a whole thread about it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/431921/not-a-fan-of-the-new-product-library-layout

Anyway: there are still Poser files to download.

Under that "Don't have DazCentral?" thingie, there are the usual download buttons.

At the moment ALL downloads are called the Type DazStudio (even Bryce files LOL), but if you download the zip for manual install or install manager ready you get what you need.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Kerya said:
    At the moment ALL downloads are called the Type DazStudio (even Bryce files LOL), but if you download the zip for manual install or install manager ready you get what you need.

Yes, if you look carefully with a magnifying glass at the tiny grey text under the big bold black "Type: DAZ Studio" label, you'll see what the download file actually is; it's exactly the same as it was before the page redesign. Also, the links for the manual download buttons that pop up at the bottom of your browser window show the same file names as before, so you can still tell which download is which.

Doesn't take away from the fact it's an unbelievably broken redesign, though...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Ah, OK.  Still got my files using DIM.  I'll TRY to keep that in mind for next time if there is the need.  Thanks folks! 

edited October 2020

Daz Central isn't designed to install the whole library on a new computer, all the products are not displayed at once.