The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

And GMail works just fine for me. So it's a setting or browser issue that KK is having.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

it is eight pm and I still have not made my pancakes.:bug:

edited May 2012

no tinned spam, but mushy peas and potato fritters seasoned with curry and molten lava. tee hee.

miss wolf, how did you make a sig line?

i don't see how to change my name back to Misty. guess i haz to wait.

I have not figured out how to put images in my signature. I tried but it does not show the images.
    Maybe I should use html code to try.

Edit: nope still messed up.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    edited December 1969

As of now you can't have avatars or banners.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    As of now you can't have avatars or banners.

I noticed after trying both today. I tried to put a bunch of little images in my signature but they just show up as links.

edited December 1969

bugs got into my apple juice cup so I had to dump out the apple juice.:grrr: :sick:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

bugs got into my apple juice cup so I had to dump out the apple juice.:grrr: :sick:

I hope you dumped out the bugs as well?

edited December 1969

I hope you dumped out the bugs as well?
    I think the bugs went down the sink too.
    I am really sleepy. Probably because of the sleepy pill I took. I need to stop forcing myself to stay awake and get some sleep. Micah is sound asleep. Melody is not.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...well according to the New Forum FAQ, looks like we will be stuck having to manually page to find new posts:

• The notification link of a post I’m following doesn’t go directly to the new post.
    - The notification of a new post to a topic you are following will link you to the first post. This is a limitation of the forum software. You will need to navigate to the last post of the topic to see the new comment.

This will be a real pain as page counts increase, particularly on fast moving threads and/or if you have a slow connection.

Kind of makes the reminder emails sort of pointless.

On top of that the it sounds like the search function still needs a lot of work.

- The search capabilities are limited at this time. We currently don’t have the full search ability as the old forum.

This makes me a bit apprehensive as the search tools in the old forum were far from stellar.

Also it appears there will be no more embedded videos at all:

• I only see links to videos in the forums, why is that?
    - Videos will be seen in the forums as links not embedded videos..

Sad to say this probably also means any embedded image (other than those included as attachments) such as smilies and emoticons from other sources, animated .gifs, as well as the ever popular dragon eggs will be no more.

It is appearing more and more like the inherent shortcomings of the new software are beginning to outweigh any improvement it offers to the forums.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    And GMail works just fine for me. So it's a setting or browser issue that KK is having.

....yeah it was a setting issue. The sender address changed from daz3d_noreply to just Daz 3D. The filter was still looking for the old address.

However as I mentioned above it seems pretty moot now since the bot will only link to the first page of the thread rather than directing you to the first unread reply.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

No embedded videos in posts? I can't remember if RPG Revolution did that as well or not, but I don't think so.
    If that extends to external images as well (Like the dragcave eggs) then that would be without a doubt a first ever in any forum I've visited.

Anyhoo I just found an old comic book I haven't seen in ages. "THE FAR SIDE GALLERY" :3

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Complaint: I bought the same thing twice, must have liked it a lot :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Doesn't the store warn you if you've bought an item before? Or does the new one not give you that warning? (Or are we talking about a different store?)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Must have the alerts turned off - no big deal, should pay more attention :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Alerts are not working eather so be very carefull when you buy stuff. At least DAZ will refund you for the double purchase.
    As far as the new Forums go, this is a PRO platform that should have been set up by the company that sold it to DAZ. Instead we have the people who work at DAZ trying to learn the software code as fast as possible. This platform is capable of all the stuff we miss right now with the proper code added or edited. It could have been finished by now if DAZ had of hired out the install/setup. That sort of thing costs money, and the DAZ team does need to learn the code. After all they are the ones who will be maintaining the site on a day to day bases.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Micah is doing okay. He is sleeping next to me. He is so cute.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, it's done. "Love, Dark and Frozen" is off to Amazon. They wouldn't let me make it free (argh) so it's $0.99. :smirk:

I have an ePub version tat I'll give away, I'll post a link in here in a couple of days, once I figure out how to get the cover to show up!

Time for a drink or three. Ugh.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

teee heeeee i haz home wifi now ! my upstair neighbor is letting me use their's.

Hi EverBody boing jumps up and down T I dubble Gr RRR

i'm up to page 416 in the Dreamweaver8 bible. been studying all weekend. div tags and span tags. so, dw can make flyout menus but there's lots of warnings on stuff not working in Netscape.

does anyone still use netscape?

do you think flyout menus are snazzy or too over the top snazzy?

dw has a drag and drop behavior insert. is that how dragon cave did the christmas tree game?

i should setup an animation to render while i'm studying. multitasking. lol

omg i need to slow down, gonna have a corollary :smile:

edited December 1969

Well, it's done. "Love, Dark and Frozen" is off to Amazon. They wouldn't let me make it free (argh) so it's $0.99. :smirk:

I have an ePub version tat I'll give away, I'll post a link in here in a couple of days, once I figure out how to get the cover to show up!

Congrats!:-)

edited December 1969

teee heeeee i haz home wifi now ! my upstair neighbor is letting me use their's. Hi EverBody boing jumps up and down T I dubble Gr RRR

i'm up to page 416 in the Dreamweaver8 bible. been studying all weekend. div tags and span tags. so, dw can make flyout menus but there's lots of warnings on stuff not working in Netscape.

does anyone still use netscape?

do you think flyout menus are snazzy or too over the top snazzy?

dw has a drag and drop behavior insert. is that how dragon cave did the christmas tree game?

i should setup an animation to render while i'm studying. multitasking. lol

omg i need to slow down, gonna have a corollary :smile:

Yaayyyyy WiFiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

I don't know anyone that uses Netscape, I wouldn't worry about it.

Flyouts are cool if used sparingly.

edited December 1969

Congrats!:-)

Thanks! According to Amazon it should go live Wednesday. My first self-published book!!! OMG!

:coolcheese:

Now to finish and publish "Dead Ringer". Then write "threshold" and "Strip". Preferably before I die.

edited December 1969

Miss Bad Wolf said:it is eight pm and I still have not made my pancakes.:bug:

chocolaty chip pancakes?

i only have the frozen minis in my freezer. no syrup :sad: no rediwhip. ooo but ice cream. pancakes ala mode "oh Yeah" said ferris bueller

edited December 1969

what was wrong with the old forum? did they have to pay licensing fees and it was too expensive?

this is prolly the only thread i will read.

edited December 1969

ugh, finally got my 25000 words off Google Docs and into Scrivener, my writing tool of choice. "Dead Ringer" is my next work to finish, a full length novel!

Complaint: it was a total pain in the butt to make happen. Google Docs is not export-friendly.
    Complaint: I had to LOG OUT and LOG IN for the forum to recognize me as logged in. LAME!

edited December 1969

It's live!
    Love, Dark and Frozen http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0086WCHJG

Special thanks to Fyre for the kick butt cover art!!!!

Love and light, all!!!

edited December 1969

It's live!
    Love, Dark and Frozen http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0086WCHJG

Special thanks to Fyre for the kick butt cover art!!!!

Love and light, all!!!

woww. and the cover is awesome.

edited December 1969

playing with dregon again.

big gulp

120611.png
    464 x 495 - 391K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Must have the alerts turned off - no big deal, should pay more attention :)

alert Will Robinson, alert

y'know, i hope they weren't Lost in Space without beer.

i could go for a Fosters right about now.

it's a hot and muggy day.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Wait, why I'm awake at 4 am?

edited December 1969

it's 9:pm.

sleepy time. need my 8 hours.

much too late for tvtroping lol

This discussion has been closed.