Old Dog New Tricks

Comments

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    edited December 2020

I have been binge watching a lot of marvel lately. :) 

After Post

Before Post

Storm1b.jpg
    667 x 800 - 182K
    Post edited by deathbycanon on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,148

I love the new Storm. Too bad they didn't actually let her be a character in Apocalypse.

Gordig said:

I love the new Storm. Too bad they didn't actually let her be a character in Apocalypse.

She's so bad @$$

edited December 2020

Warren Worthington III 

After Post Work

Before Post

AngelBEFORE.jpg
    667 x 800 - 190K
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

very nice.

your work is always amazing.  :)

jardine said:

very nice.

your work is always amazing.  :)

Thanks Jardine!

• Love it! (the angel boy!)

Love it! (the angel boy!)

Thanks Tiffanie

edited December 2020

Here's one I took in kind of a diffrent direction. This was a sympatico promo for Dforce Jaila Dress Outfit by Arryn and ended up on the Daz blog about summer art. Most of this was done using the Nik filters.

AFTER POST

BEFORE POST 

dforceJailaDress-BEFORE.jpg
    669 x 800 - 179K
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

WOW. Wish I could do such postwork... really great yes

WOW. Wish I could do such postwork... really great yes

Thanks Weber, just like everything else it just takes practice. For me personally, photoshop was easier to learn then Daz. :) 

edited December 2020

anyone wants to hangout and talk shop here's my discord link https://discord.gg/SxkQtqt

Back to before and afters, here's the before and after of my Dianthe in the Garden piece. 

AFTER POST:

BEFORE POST

Dianthe-BEFORE.jpg
    800 x 800 - 483K
  • Love it!

Thanks Tiff

edited December 2020

Last nights overnight render: Innocence Lost  

This one is more about the set then the character. I was actually just practicing set building but at the last minute decided it needed a person. :) 

AFTER POST

BFORE POST

ChildhoolLeftBehind.jpg
    506 x 800 - 326K
  • Beautiful!  I love the subtlety of your postwork :-)

Beautiful!  I love the subtlety of your postwork :-)

Thank you!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You are such a very talentrf artist!!

You are such a very talentrf artist!!

awww thank you, your so sweet. 

edited December 2020

As I said I have been working on building better environments, but I am really fighting against years of being a professional portrait photographer. Landscapes have really never been my thing, even in photography. So this next one was actually really pretty without a subject, but I just couldn't help myself, and then to top it off, I just HAD to do a closer cropped version focusing in on the subjects..... 

Here's the before post work version:

BeaverRiverBEFORE.jpg
    640 x 800 - 141K

Wow wow wow is all I can say!!

Thanks Saphire, I am love, love, loving the atmocam2. I already had the 1st one, and didn't feel like I needed the 2nd when it came out, but picked it up durring the last round of flash sales, so glad I did. 

Thanks Saphire, I am love, love, loving the atmocam2. I already had the 1st one, and didn't feel like I needed the 2nd when it came out, but picked it up durring the last round of flash sales, so glad I did. 

They ever go on sale again I am going to snatch them up myself because it gives a great affect!!

They ever go on sale again I am going to snatch them up myself because it gives a great affect!!

They do, in the piece with the beavers the mountains are part of atmocam2! I did the water as a large plane, then a layer under it that has a stone pebble shader on it and it keeps the hdri from shining though, but there is no background other then an iradance - light probe hdri (just colors and light)  and then the atmocam2 which is making the fog effect and creating the mountains all at the same time. I have the hdri turned on even though it is not a scene just so that it was solid behind the mountains and not transparent. 

edited December 2020

Still playing with fog and building sets. Here's the before and after of Zombie Fog:

AFTER

BEFORE

ZombieFogBEFORE.jpg
    640 x 800 - 170K
    edited December 2020

Yesterday's render - todays postwork :) 

Cyber Demon:

AFTER POST

BEFORE POST

CyberDemonBEFORE.jpg
    800 x 480 - 155K
    edited August 2020

Just playing with photoshop filters today

MoonGirl-BEFORE.jpg
    799 x 1000 - 276K
    edited December 2020

I have had a lot of questions about my figure study piece. When we got the request to do the pec promo I remembered a photo I had seen earlier in the week and knew I wanted to attempt that same photo in daz3d, so a photo reference was used, and I challenged myself to see how close I could get my 3d man body to looking as real as the inspiration photo. I started out as just the base G8M. I added the body morphs like fitness and bodybuilder, the spectacular morphs (which is the pecs and also the nipples), & Vascularity HD. I did just the head morph of Asier for G8M by bu_es to change the jaw line, and used the skin of Kaleb for Edward 8. I just added a simple gradient for teh background. I used Nik's Silver Effect Pro 2 for the B&W, and Color Effects Pro 4 to give it more tint.....and I MIGHT have ran detail extractor in color effects to bring out more detail... I don't remember and some of the black and white options in Silver Effects already have this effect. However when I do use color effects detail extractor I pull the contrast slider up so I don't loose my shadows, it's an awesome feature for detail but can really cause you to loose depth.Then I think I did some dodge and burn to accent some of the highlights and hide areas I wanted darker, like the highlight along his back, had he actually been leaning on something that would probably not be there at all, so I darkened that area, especially closer to where he would have been in contact with whatever he is leaning on, like his back shoulder and neck. Anyway here is the before and after images, and HERE is the link to the photo I used as a reference/inspiration. 

Daz Iray After Postwork

Daz Iray Before Postwork

sPECtacular-before.jpg
    544 x 800 - 179K
  • Fantastic!

Fantastic!

Thanks Tiff