Old Dog New Tricks

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I am so with you on this one @deathbycanon I really like the illustrated one the best!!!!

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

They both are great looking images, but of course anybody who knows me knows that I dig the NPR!

- Greg

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

Two versions, the more illustrated style and a more realistic style. I'm partial to the more illustrated one, what do the rest of you think? 

I prefer the illustrative style of this image!

trish

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Definitely the illustrative style.  They are both great but that one really just works

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    edited December 2020

Thank you @Saphirewild @algovincian and @Stormylyght That's the one I liked better too and posted everyplace else. So here are the befores: 

After I put all the images together and had it to this stage

I still wasn't getting the look I wanted so I ran it though an action I had called Artist action by sevenstyles at enveto market, Here's the link Your renders have to be fairly large for this to work, this final image was 4000 x 4000

So the final results after playing with the settings was this one

HazelRun2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 337K
    buildings-690696.jpg
    1000 x 667 - 867K
    Post edited by deathbycanon on

Thanks Sonya, we must have been typing at teh same time. :) 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited August 2018

I just saw the front page of the Daz store. They changed to new images and they did a compilation with a bunch of your images! Congrats. They look great. :)

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

I just saw the front page of the Daz store. They changed to new images and they did a compilation with a bunch of your images! Congrats. They look great. :)

Thanks @knittingmommy , I saw that this evening when I logged in. Never thought I would stand a chance of getting up there beings I hardly ever do landscape type images, so I was shocked and thrilled to see that they made it. It made my day. 

edited December 2020

I'm a little behind here. :) 

I was a cheater on this one, The space background came from Ron's Space brush pack, I also used Ron's fog brushes to get the foggy colored stuff around the back lights. 

I dropped a black background behind the before so you could see it a bit better. 

WreckageB.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 270K
    edited December 2020

Robin Goodfellow, also known as Puck. 

The before are not saved to scale obviously but you get the idea of what the images looked like before I put them all together. 

RobinGoodfellowB.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 421K
    edited December 2020

This one was inspired by the Netflix Original movie Extinction. I stopped the movie shortly after it started when the dad was having flashes of visions in his dreams, one of the flashes was his daughter pointing a gun at him. So I had not seen the ending yet - what a twist that was! Strange movie, but I liked it. 

ExtinctionB.jpg
    1295 x 644 - 624K
    edited December 2020

I just thought Aureska would look cute as a child like alien so I gave it a try.

Blue wooded background from pixabay - It's linked to the download page. 

LittleKnightHunterB.jpg
    1000 x 1583 - 603K
    LittleKnightHunterB2.jpg
    800 x 533 - 210K
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

All of the elements tie in together very well – great job! The blue rim light and the subtle volumetrics look really good. I picked up that pro bundle, as well as the Dwayne pro bundle, too. So glad we are getting more than just the same old figures rinsed and repeated for G8.

- Greg

• Your Robin Goodfellow and Aureska composites are brilliant! I really enjoy seeing the different graphical elements you use to create a gorgeous final image.

Trish

edited December 2020

The Wood Mage inspired by Vlad Gheneli's A Druid Calls. I love that character and wanted to see if I could recreate him in 3D

Before:

WoodMAgeBefore.jpg
    1600 x 1024 - 677K
  • Thanks Greg and Trish

• Wow he is just gorgeous!  The scene and background are just perfect!

• Thanks Sonja

edited December 2020

Catching up again. B4 and afters... 

Study Break - Ever since I saw these windows I wanted to do a window light portrait with them. I also had a little bit of fill behind her and some light from the candle. One of the things I love about daz is the realism of the lighting. If you look close you can see the reflection of the girl in the window. 

Before canvases - I didn't add the backgrounds, I have used both the moon and the sky I used in this in many others that are already posted in this thread... 

StudyBreakB4.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    StudyBreak.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 2020

Witchery - I love the new cartoonized, I don't even do toons that often but it's sooo fun! 

Before - I love postwork. :) 

Background from DA, I linked the image above to the DA page. 

WitcheryB4.jpg
    778 x 1000 - 128K
    Witchery.jpg
    1142 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 2020

Girl With Fan

Look I did a full render - no background added later... I did replace the cheetah eyes with real ones from a photo though. 

Here's the before

After it rendered I decided the girl needed to NOT be a toon. :) So here's the 2nd before image. :p

Like I said I replaced the cat eyes with real eyes and then just did my usual finishing post work stuff on it that I do usually after I have all the pieces together. 

GirlWithFanB4-1.jpg
    444 x 1000 - 290K
    GirlWithFan2b4.jpg
    444 x 1000 - 275K
    GirlWithFan.jpg
    667 x 1500 - 783K
  • Lovely!  The window one is just beautiful.  I don't do toons often either but I keep getting tempted by renders like yours and KM's lol.

The cheetah one is just gorgeousl 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

Wow, great and breathtaking images are here. Thanks for pointing me up to this thread. One can clearly see, how you creates such an amazing art.

• Artini said:

Wow, great and breathtaking images are here. Thanks for pointing me up to this thread. One can clearly see, how you creates such an amazing art.

Thank you Artini

Lovely!  The window one is just beautiful.  I don't do toons often either but I keep getting tempted by renders like yours and KM's lol.

The cheetah one is just gorgeousl 

I haven't seen what KM's been doing with them yet! OK, now I have to go stalk her art form page, she always does awesome toons! 

edited September 2018

I joined  up with Sympatico Studio this week, it's been a lot of fun and really challenging. I'm doing a lot of renders and a bunch came out the last couple of days. I'm just going to post them here because there are so many and if you want to see any before images of any of them just let me know and I'll post them. 

Had some issues Daz glitch issues trying to get this one done in 4.10. If someone could please explain to me how to get LAMH into 4.11 in words like they are talking to a child I would apricieate it. lol 

This is Miste by Sangiart, Her fall makeup really spoke to me as it look like it would fit right in here. 

Miste-by-Sangriart-deathbycanon.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 700K
    edited September 2018

I wish I was here...

The Cindy Heels with the summertime textures, the name inspired the art. :) 

SumertimeCindy.jpg
    1095 x 1500 - 660K
    edited September 2018

I love these Glouriouse Girls shapes for The Girl 8 by 3Dsublineproductions. I have so many future plans for them! As soon as I have time to render my own stuff again. lol 

BTW this is a compleated render and I added the grain. Sacralige, I know! But I made a story about it. :) 

Tori here has been flirting with the hot security guard, the one she knows is on monitor duty right now and currently watching her on the stations ancient Z22 vertical monitors. They are fuzzy as hell, but he still gets a great view of the girls. :) 

GG8Shapes.jpg
    1268 x 1500 - 2M
  • Congratulations! Well deserved. Did they contact you?

"I wish I was here" is my favorite but they all are superb images.

Congratulations! Well deserved. Did they contact you?

"I wish I was here" is my favorite but they all are superb images.

Thank you, I actually contacted them to see if they had need of another artist, and I got lucky. 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Congratulations on getting in with Sympatico Studios! That's fantastic!

Your renders for them look great! I love the Cindy Heels one, makes me really wish I had the time and money for a vacation. lol That one looks like nearly photo-real! Awesome work!