The completely gratuitous complaint thread

TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
This discussion was created from comments split from: The "Powered by Hot Pockets" Complaint Thread.

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Is there social distancing in hell?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    TheKD said:

You mean we aren't there yet?

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    TheKD said:

I contemplate that quite a lot lol

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited July 2020
    TheKD said:

Hmmmm...well, here in Southeastern Massachusetts, it didn't really get that cold this past winter.  So, maybe.   laugh

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008

Congrats to TheKD!

And will a Mod please split the Thread?

Thanks muchly.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Tjohn said:

Congrats to TheKD!

Thanks muchly.

Complaint   Mods are not on duty 24/7    and we live in all sorts of different time zones

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Chohole said:
    Tjohn said:

Congrats to TheKD!

Thanks muchly.

Complaint   Mods are not on duty 24/7    and we live in all sorts of different time zones

Denied!

edited July 2020

Moderator's Kitteh is watching you

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    Chohole said:
    Tjohn said:

Congrats to TheKD!

Thanks muchly.

Settle down, pick a time zone to live in and stick with it.  You shouldn't be doing all that travelling during the pandemic.indecision

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

I think my sleeping patterns cover all time zones...

Personally, I've decided to live in the "present" time zone.  The certainty of the past is scarry, and the uncertainty of the future is even scarrier.surprise  The "present" is also scarry but it only lasts for a moment.enlightened

The present zone always sounds like it should be fun.  Have you had many presents since you made that decision?  

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thought briefly about getting dressed today.  mebbe i go formal and put on pants.  whatever happened to terry cloth?

is hot.  one thing i miss about work is the a/c

dayjob sent out a memo bout interstate travel.  govnr cuomo has a list.  i hope is not like arya's list

mbw been gone a while.  sad she didnt come back in time to win the thread title
    when she talks about charlie i always think of the sorry charlie commercial
    i dont like tuna.  i like the mayo and celery bits, dunno what else to mix it with.  tuna salad hold the tuna

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314
    Mystiarra said:

i dont like tuna.  i like the mayo and celery bits, dunno what else to mix it with.  tuna salad hold the tuna

How about using small shrimp and make shrimp salad instead? Umm, umm.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314

Complaint: DAZ pulled my Fives-around gift banner after less than 24 hours and I didn't get to use it.

Complaint: DAZ pulled my Fives-around gift banner after less than 24 hours and I didn't get to use it.

yep  poof

edited July 2020
    Chohole said:

The present zone always sounds like it should be fun.  Have you had many presents since you made that decision?  

Was visiting friends the other day.  One of the people there introduced himself and also said "I'd like to present my wife to you"  I said, "No thank you, I don't need one."  Ba-dump.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

my iphone is dropping calls.  i'm blaming the altees signal from the upstair neighnors, interference signal.

how  r those samsung galaxies?  do you like it?

i heard their siri is called bixby

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471

I did my taxes last night. I want sympathy* from everybody.

*cash

I did my taxes last night. I want sympathy* from everybody.

*cash

Uncle Sam?  not as forgiving as darth vader

I second that complaint!

Dana

Mystiarra said:

I have an inexpensive Samsung Galaxy J3, and it's more than sufficient for my needs.  I've never heard of Bixby, though.  It's Google.  You say, "OK, Google" and it comes alive and reacts.  On a more expensive model that Diane has (got it free, and used, from a friend) you say, "Hi, Google" and proceed.  Still no Bixby.

Dana

DanaTA said:
    Mystiarra said:

I have an inexpensive Samsung Galaxy J3, and it's more than sufficient for my needs.  I've never heard of Bixby, though.  It's Google.  You say, "OK, Google" and it comes alive and reacts.  On a more expensive model that Diane has (got it free, and used, from a friend) you say, "Hi, Google" and proceed.  Still no Bixby.

Dana

thanks.

can you transfe music to it without clouding it?  i thaaate that about iphone.  even thru the usb cable, it wont copy my mp3s

• lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 518
    edited July 2020
    DanaTA said:

I second that complaint!

Dana

Aaaaaaw whaaaaaa!? Reading this prompted me to check my message inbox and discover, indeed, mine has gone too despite having no "use by" on it.

Complaint: Daz coupons should have "use by" dates on them, like yoghurts. They should also be just as creamy. I hate undated, lumpy coupons...

Post edited by lana_lass on
    edited July 2020

Non-complaint:  Wheee...  The nationwide newspaper USA Today has been holding a contest to find the "best" of various places in the USA.  I'm pleased to relay that the Town of Chautauqua, NY (Yes, that Chautauqua where the Chautauqua Institution and the symphonies that I gush about so often, is located) has won the "Best Small Town Cultural Scene".  The article below also mentions the "Best New Museum" award given to the National Comedy Museum in nearby Jamestown, NY.  And Hulu's feature about the village of Fredonia in their 5th season of "Small Business Revolution".     All these places are in the county of Chautauqua at the extreme western end of New York State.  And all these accolades have been in the last 8 months.yes  Now, if they could just get a decent bus service around here.frown

https://chq.org/blog/chautauqua-wins-national-best-small-town-cultural-scene-usa-today-contest?source=email-NL&utm_source=Chautauqua+Institution&utm_campaign=2fbb963912-071020_GE_ChautauquaUSAToday_Winning_Announce&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b2f79a2448-2fbb963912-245520629&ct=t(071020_GE_ChautauquaUSAToday_Winning_Announce)&goal=0_b2f79a2448-2fbb963912-245520629

To avoid confusion:  The "Chautauqua Institution" located on the western shore of Chautauqua Lake, is a gated village located within, and majority space of, the Town of Chautauqua, within the greater "Township of Chautauqua" that encompases several villages including Mayville the county seat, all in the "County of Chautauqua", in the State of New York.  Yeah, it's confusing.  but around here if one says they are "going to Chautauqua", it usually means they're going to a performance of some sort at the Institution.  Unless they're a tradesperson going to fix a toilet or install cable TV or whatever.  People going for a day on Chautauqua Lake, just say "I'm going to the lake."  It's the only body of water in the county that qualifies as a real lake.  Yeah, yeah, there's "Findley Lake" but it's really more of a pretty puddle with a half dozen expensive houses around it.

Chau-tau-qua [shah-TAW-kwah]  Indian word meaning "bag tied in middle" referring to the shape of the long narrow lake.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

I finally got some funds to buy a new laptop with a decent video, and credit card refuse to cooperate.

First that they recieved no transaction, then that it needs pre purchase autthorization, then that the new transaction was not the exact same number...and i'm like what do they expect?, this is a volatile economy where dolar value literally changes every couple of minutes and they sometimes take hours to load the authorization. angryangryangry

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    Chohole said:
    Tjohn said:

Congrats to TheKD!

Thanks muchly.

RE: and we live in all sorts of different time zones
    Right! Effectively providing 24/7 coverage due to the variety of on-duty time zones, right?
      In all seriousness, we appreciate you when you are here and miss you when you are gone. (Granted, we talk about you when you are gone, but we do appreciate you!) 

edited July 2020

today was a big spending day.  fryday

apart from medical bills wihch will likely never be paid off

i finished paying off every single debt, personal loans from friends, commercial debts,  . 
    freedommmm  free as the wind blows free as the grass grows, born freeee

no student debt, car debts, insurance debts, no car - no repairs and upkeep.

is just rent, phone, wifi, webhost.  and every medical thing i can pay 5 bux s month.  the eye dr bills, has 2 eye drs, will send 100 a month. amazon prime. if dragon 4 pro ever arrives
    the occasional donation to buppy shelters. 
    retirement here i come smileyangel

geez ise bored already. 

Post edited by Mistara on
This discussion has been closed.