The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

long time no  see Rezca ...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    carrie58 said:

took the words right out of my mouth (no fangs here)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    carrie58 said:

I'm so sorry for disappearing so much ;v;

Rezca said:
    carrie58 said:

I'm so sorry for disappearing so much ;v;

Ha no need to apologize ,life happens!!!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited July 2020

Waves at Rezca...

Post edited by TJohn on
    Tjohn said:

Waves at Rezca...

!!!   Leetle leezard!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Gordig said:

I see analog clocks so rarely these days that I just realized I don't remember which hand is minutes and which is hours.

You see it so rarely, so it doesn't matter!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Rezca said:

So the other day, after years of owning the product, I find out that the Wyvern2.0's  front large fangs don't actually fit inside its mouth when its closed. Not that most people will notice that though.

Also hello again, I kind of forgot about the site <again> and then things happened, and then I got a job that made it hard to get drawings done and stuff because I'd get home and be tired and be all "I just want to relax and play gamess thouuuugh",  then things happened and other things happened and the other day I was using the Wyvern 2.0 to help with a drawing and I was like "Oh drats I should probably go to that forum and say someth1ng"  and so then here I there am be.

I love that wyvern model though, fell in love when I saw it and I still love it to bits today~

Wyvern Dive!!

Anyone close enough to notice has other things on their mind.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

How long has this been there?

Was that always there lurking one shade of black darker than I could notice... watching me from the shadows?

What else is hiding in the shades of color just between the range of human visual threshold?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158
    nicstt said:
    Gordig said:

I see analog clocks so rarely these days that I just realized I don't remember which hand is minutes and which is hours.

Actually I was rigging a clock that I modeled, so it did matter.

Gordig said:
    nicstt said:
    Gordig said:

So ancient history then.

McGyver said:

Was that always there lurking one shade of black darker than I could notice... watching me from the shadows?

What else is hiding in the shades of color just between the range of human visual threshold?

Apparently some people have seen it on and off, some kind of test thing.  I've never seen it myself.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    Gordig said:
    nicstt said:
    Gordig said:

Arghhh... a virtual digital analog clock.  Surely armaggedon is upon us!crying

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited July 2020

opps

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

It's not black on mine!

download DS.jpg
    903 x 283 - 31K
    edited July 2020

Complaint:  Before armaggedon completely consumes us, I've decided to completely reinstall from scratch the OS on my ancient primary computer (HP Pavilion HPE h8-1010PC desktop).  It started out as a Win7 machine, it has since been upgraded to Win7-Pro, Win-8, Win8-Pro, Win8.1-Pro, and Win10-Pro and of course all the numerous automatic updates each version required, and several times it's been rolled back to a previous date, or settings have been manually tweaked, or files have been lost and replaced.  And now it still works, but over time some of those updates and upgrades and repairs have caused issues, and some of the original hardware devices have become problematic or obsolete (e.g. the CPU fan, the case fan, the original HDD, and the WiFi chip), or are no longer supported or are now causing mysterious issues.indecision And since I never removed old software some of them don't work properly anymore and the system is jam packed with applications with their fingers in obscure places of the Registry probably growing weeds.

Also, because each upgrade has been allowed to keep original drivers & settings and user software and obscure filesystem softlinks that were sometimes required, strange things now happen.sad  It's time to start fresh.  I'm going to get a complete backup of everything in the "C:\" drive and replace it with a brand new 1TB-Samsung 860EVO SSD and install Win10-Pro from scratch from newly downloaded install program.  I'll not keep any user settings nor any user files during the OS installation.  Once the new OS is in place and updated with latest required updates I'll start carefully creating new user accounts and copying over my user files, and installing only the software I really really need.yes  At sometime in my life I have to stop hoarding software that never gets used anymore.broken heart  

In the last 6 months I've already purchased for it, a new CPU fan, a new case fan, a new WiFi card, a 4-port USB-3 card, two 1TB SSDs and a quite new 2TB HDD.  In the end I will have a 10 year old system that still functions nicely and now having replaced all the devices that have moving parts I hope the system will continue to function well for many more years.  Yeah, it's maxed out and limited to only 8GB RAM, and is a little slow, but the SSDs helped speed it up enough.  It's perfectly adequate for all my personal daily life chores, email, browsing, data archiving, skyping, CD/DVD needs, and even functions well enough for simple DAZ 3Delight renders.smiley  I'd thought about replacing the CPU.  It's an old 2nd generation Intel I5-2390T dual core CPU clocked at 2.7GHz.  But I think that's an expense I don't really need yet.

Why am I spending this effort on a 10 year old system?surprise  Because I can.cheeky  And it does function quite nicely despite its age and slightly scrambled software.  And yes, you may remember that I recently built a spiffy new DAZ machine with 32GB high speed RAM, a 6GB IRay capable graphics card and oodles of SSD and HDD storage, but that's been designated my work machine and will not get involved in very much mundane daily operations.  And besides, I am incapable of surviving with only one computer.  Can't be done.  Impossible task.  Unheard of.  Or at least I keep telling myself that.frown

'Nother Complaint:  Now I've done it...  I have again started thinking about replacing the CPU chip.  Ghaaaa...  No, must resist, must just say "no".frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    DanaTA said:

It's not black on mine!

Nor mine.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited July 2020

Megh... Now the "Download DAZ STUDIO" thingie is gone...

Well, whatever... I'm sure it was nothing important... There's probably nothing else to see... 

Post edited by McGyver on
    McGyver said:

I've seen it!!

McGyver said:

Apparently some people have seen it on and off, some kind of test thing.  I've never seen it myself.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    carrie58 said:
    McGyver said:

I've seen it!!

McGyver said:

I appear to have it all the time.        (famous last words)

edited July 2020

I don't have it right now but if I get it I'm gonna keep it.devil

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

The And Now For Something Completely Different, department:  But I swear if I get it it will be because someone didn't wear a mask! indecision

I went to WalMart a few days ago.  Everybody there was was checked to make sure they had a mask before entering the store.  Except the Amish.  Now WalMart has officially mandated mask wearing in all their stores.  Let's see who gets away with non-compliance now.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

i'm still here.  I'm just trying trying to backup my files before I install the new hard drive.

edited July 2020

6:07PM  I'm still here, but not sure for how long.  Tornado warning for this immediate area.  Sky looks iffy. surprise  Tornado spotted on radar 6 miles west of here at 6:00PM, moving east at 25 mph, so just about now...

6:16 PM  I'm back.  Went outside for a look-see.  Definitely swirly angry looking clouds but they are now to the east of me.  Actually it looks very much like a central big gray funnel with about 5 or 6 smaller gray funnels dancing around it.  All coming about halfway to the ground.  Lightning & thunder in the darkest parts around the funnel ensemble.  Based on previous experience of tornados in this area, it could complete the formation and reach the ground in the broad valley just east of town and hit the town of Randolph again like did a few years ago.  Our tornados are not the midwest monsters that level buildings and toss tractors like toys.  However, they do uproot trees, damage roofs and make a mess of the wooded areas.

Yep, when I came back in I checked the weather report and found an update.  At 6:14PM the tornado was 7 miles east of Falconer which puts it 1 mile east of me, just as I saw.  So, this is 6th or 7th tornado/waterspout I've actually seen or been impacted by.

TornadoWarning2020-07-16-18-14.png
    739 x 810 - 91K

Wheee... about 20 minutes after the tornado passed the skys opened up and Niagara Falls moved over this area.  It's like a real Florida zero-visibility gusher.  Aye, Admiral, thar be whales here.

Glad I'm not driving in this.

Chohole said:
    carrie58 said:
    McGyver said:

I've seen it!!

McGyver said:

I appear to have it all the time.        (famous last words)

Me, too.  Not in black, though.  I thought it was normal, and everyone had it.

Dana

Wheee... about 20 minutes after the tornado passed the skys opened up and Niagara Falls moved over this area.  It's like a real Florida zero-visibility gusher.  Aye, Admiral, thar be whales here.

Glad I'm not driving in this.

Glad you remained safe!

Dana

edited July 2020

I need to work more on this texture at some point. It's good enough for a drawing reference but <thinking emote>

Also at some point might need to look into pulling out zBrush to sculpt the head into a more accurate-to-my-character shape, like I did a bit for the Digi-I Tyranno when I wanted to make its mouth look a little less "flat".

Wyvern_Side_1.jpg
    1818 x 1023 - 364K
    wyvpos2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 318K
    wyvern-dive.jpg
    3240 x 1822 - 386K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited July 2020

Complaint:  It's hot out there.  Not really so terrible, but it would have been better if I'd walked to the grocery yesterday before the tornado instead of today.  Even in the morning despite sunny skies, the humidity today is Florida-ish. frown  Now, sitting in front of two fans, in unofficial beach attire trying to cool off despite the A/C running.  Need a shower.  No cooking today!  Cool salads and fruits and iced tea are the ticket.enlightened

Non-complaint:  Additional bulk groceries & paper goods arriving from Amazon Pantry today.  At least I didn't have to try to carry those huge loads too.yes

• droidy001droidy001 Posts: 277
    Complaint about a complaint. Hotel guest complains his room wasn't serviced after 1st night of 2 night stay. He obviously didn't read the covid information on the website before booking. Then claims that housekeeping not being allowed in his room, unless arranged in advance, is a poor excuse. There was only one poor excuse around here at the time. Had to get it off my chest, before I snap at some idiot. It's not the best job but it's a job.
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

my dad needs cash.  So he wants to write me a check, then have me deposit into my account and then with draw the money from my ATM.  but he already has a debit card??  why take the extra steps??

This discussion has been closed.