Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• EthinEthin Posts: 974
    edited June 2020
    Ethin said:

Honestly that hair is just a place holder

Haha, careful y'all It might start to grow on me. jk

Well I combed through the store and found a few possibilities, maybe they'll go on sale sometime.

While we're talking about hair, some more images on the subject.

The first shows that the same questionable hair can look good.

The second shows another "questionable" hair choice.

DarkDaiwa 02.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 825K
    Halley 02.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 787K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Ethin  is it just me ? but something looks off with the right breast of the second figure or is it just the top she is wearing?

carrie58 said:

Ethin  is it just me ? but something looks off with the right breast of the second figure or is it just the top she is wearing?

The top, the texture, the lighting. The top was meant for V4 and I useing it on Aiko3, a very flat A3.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

ahhhh thank you

edited June 2020

I know your all excited to see what I do with my characters, but a lot of them have just barely sprouted and it'll take some time to see what they grow into.

Powdered P1nk sat on my drive/mind for 4 years before I knew what she was meant for, but by then she was fully formed and ready to go.

Post edited by Ethin on
  • GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567

Deliciously Summery

aiko_hiro_c.png
    1400 x 1400 - 3M
  • Man, Ethin you are cranking out good stuff all the time. Super impressed. And a little inspired. Maybe I can make some time for an updated Aiko and friends this week.

Deliciously Summery

Some tasty lighting as well.

Man, Ethin you are cranking out good stuff all the time. Super impressed. And a little inspired. Maybe I can make some time for an updated Aiko and friends this week.

Thanks. Only thing better than someone likeing your work is hearing that it inspired them! :D

edited September 2021

I really like Vanille  for girl 8, someday maybe I'll pick her up...

Until then I can always fake her.
    Vanille for Aiko 3.

Vanille A3 test 02c.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567
    Ethin said:

Deliciously Summery

Some tasty lighting as well.

Dimension Theory HDR - Maui with DOF - from the Daz Studio Iray HDR Outdoor Envirnments pack bundled with Daz 4.x pro

edited June 2020

I'm working on some promo art and I'm wondering, if you all were looking to download a character preset what would you want to see in the promos?

Post edited by Ethin on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited June 2020
    Ethin said:

I really like Vanille  for girl 8, someday maybe I'll pick her up...

Until then I can always fake her.
    Vanille for Aiko 3.

Vanille is one of my favorites! And she mixes well with others, imo. Just a dash of her dialled in can really up the cuteness factor of a character. Plus the teddybear-icecream earrings she comes with are adorable! 

You did a nice job of approximating her. If you get a chance though, I definitely recommend picking her up! :D VincentXyooj did such an awesome job on her, imo.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Ethin said:

I'm working on some promo art and I'm wondering, if you all were looking to download a character preset what would you want to see in the promos?

Fairly neutral whole body and face close-up; maybe an image highlighting anything 'special' about the character. Showing off versatility, some artier images.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574
    edited June 2020

It started out as a lil' homage to Ray Harryhausen given the Dreka looks like some sort of single frame animated puppet, but then things kinda' got a bit silly.

Cue "Yakety Sax", more casually remembered as the "Benny Hill" chase theme.

Sincerely,

Bill

(Right-click and then select "view image" to see the full 1,200 pixel wide version.)

Post edited by Redfern on
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    Redfern said:

It started out as a lil' homage to Ray Harryhausen given the Dreka looks like some sort of single frame animated puppet, but then things kinda' got a bit silly.

Sincerely,

Bill

(Right-click and then select "view image" to see the full 1,200 pixel wide version.)

Is this Melody or Melody 2?  Wasnt aware either one had pawed feet.

-MJ

MJ007 said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Is this Melody or Melody 2?  Wasnt aware either one had pawed feet.

-MJ

Melody (1) for Aiko 3.  As packaged, she just has human feet.  But years ago a vendor named JENelson (better known as Achronicity at Fur Affinity) sold a product at Renderosity called "Kasa for Aiko 3" that allowed one to give A3 quasi lupine (wolf-like) features including pawed, digitigrade feet.  The morphs could also be applied to Melody as the geometry's the same.

Alas, JENelson's store closed years ago so the product "vanished".  Eventually a friend (I think it was MaPPer) informed me Achronicity was experimenting with an improved version of the product.  He told me how i could contact him through the furry art site and so I did.  he provided the newer files and I applied them to my ongoing 'work in progress" that is Mzzkiti 9the blond catgirl in several of my renders).  Achron' kinda' dropped out of sight for a few years, but MaPPer has informed me he's puttering with 3D assets again, so you might want to try reaching him at Fur affinity.

Sorry, just a long winded way of saying, no, the base product does not come kitty cat feet but an "add-on" package that is not currently available (in any store of which i know).

Sincerely,

Bill

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    Redfern said:
    MJ007 said:
    Redfern said:

Melody (1) for Aiko 3.  As packaged, she just has human feet.  But years ago a vendor named JENelson (better known as Achronicity at Fur Affinity) sold a product at Renderosity called "Kasa for Aiko 3" that allowed one to give A3 quasi lupine (wolf-like) features including pawed, digitigrade feet.  The morphs could also be applied to Melody as the geometry's the same.

Alas, JENelson's store closed years ago so the product "vanished".  Eventually a friend (I think it was MaPPer) informed me Achronicity was experimenting with an improved version of the product.  He told me how i could contact him through the furry art site and so I did.  he provided the newer files and I applied them to my ongoing 'work in progress" that is Mzzkiti 9the blond catgirl in several of my renders).  Achron' kinda' dropped out of sight for a few years, but MaPPer has informed me he's puttering with 3D assets again, so you might want to try reaching him at Fur affinity.

Sorry, just a long winded way of saying, no, the base product does not come kitty cat feet but an "add-on" package that is not currently available (in any store of which i know).

Sincerely,

Bill

I will definitely look into it. I would love to have those feet.

-MJ

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited June 2020
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

..love her expression and pose.

Yeah I can hear that as a soundtrack.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Thanks!  I'm actually not ashamed of this piece. wink

Sincerely,

Bill

edited May 2023

I don't know what I was thinking with this one, I can barely handle posing two arms. Maybe the extras only come out for special occasions?

Djinn Queen

DjinnQueen 11.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Redfern said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Thanks!  I'm actually not ashamed of this piece. wink

Sincerely,

Bill

It's a fun piece for sure.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Aiko 3 Head and partial body. G3 Female RyJeane (default) textures. Vignette by https://www.daz3d.com/collective3d-portrait-vignettes-contemporary-1; top and skirt are a WIP, I was wanting to see how they looked so figured it was an excuse to do another Aiko3.

Rendered in Blender in 3 minutes 57 secs; 980ti and Threadripper. For those curious, just the Threadripper (1950x) takes 5 minutes 23 secs and just the 980ti takes 8 minutes 34 secs

Aiko 3 G3F default textures.png
    1526 x 2160 - 5M
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I noticed on the Freebie hair thread there was a new Aiko 3 outfit ala Medusa from the Fate series.  Figured I would mention it here for us Aiko 3 fans  :)

See this post:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5781376/#Comment_5781376

edited December 2023
    Dody Promo Cover 07IrayPost2.jpg
    1024 x 947 - 688K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

Very nice. I'll keep an eye out for her in renders.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited July 2020

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! Thank you!

A3DodyMSC.png
    738 x 960 - 468K
    Post edited by Kerya on
    edited July 2020

Glad you like her, and your welcome!

Post edited by Ethin on
    edited July 2020

I can't go forgetting Aiko's man now can I.

Gand Free Blank 01.jpg
    1850 x 2000 - 298K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited July 2020

3.5 weeks of nothing? I got'a change that!

Uh... here, have some dollies.

DollyChina02.jpg
    1850 x 2000 - 734K
    DollyJester02.jpg
    1850 x 2000 - 578K
    PatchWork Dollies 01.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on