Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited April 2020

For claws upon the fingers, your best bet is to ignore any "nail" or "claw" morphs and just "parent" ("glue", whatever) some simple props to each fingertip.

(Yeah, the render on the previous page is using a combo' of nail morphs, but I've since dropped that motif.)

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,008
    edited April 2020

@ Redfern  Pretty much what I'd found for myself, was checking to see if there was something I'd missed. I'll see if can get in touch with Achronicity. Thanks!

Post edited by Ethin on
  • GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567
    edited April 2020
    Redfern said:

I read somewhere else that the Micah / Melody head are kind of 'carnival heads' with a few basic expressions (sort of like the attached 'guy' - there's a version with and without a set of very basic expressions) or am I thinking of a different furry head?

You may be thinking of "Melody 2" which is a package that contains a "head" a tail and a pair of eras that can be, in theory, "parented" to any figure, rather like a "mascot" headpiece as you described.  LittleFox originally planned to provide follow-up elements like a trans-mapped chest "ruff" and additional morphs allowing the head to attain more unique shapes, but she released "Star" shortly afterwards.  the "toon" human proved to be the big seller, so "Melody 2" was metaphorically "thrown to the curb", abandoned.  "Melody for A3" and "Micah for H3" are entire figures, the bulk of the geometry actually the same as Aiko 3 and Hiro 3.  The hip has more polygons to allow for the built in tail and the head is not merely a severe morph of A3's face, but all new geometry seamlessly "fused" with the neck. 

Sincerely,

Bill

Ah, yes that was it (Melody 2). I was confused by a poor sequel - wouldn't be the first time.

Cheers Bill

"Flight attendant Aiko announces imminent departure of the scheduled flight to the Aiko Homeworld - mind your step boarding."

- rendered in scripted 3Delight with Wowies Awe Shaders

Ano_Aiko_awe.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 999K
    Post edited by GafftheHorse on
    edited April 2020
    Redfern said:

I was merely using it in a generic sense.  Basically, It warms my heart when somebody "raised" with the newer Genesis figures discovers the joy that is Aiko 3 and her related materials and characters (particularly "Melody for Aik o3", in my biased view THE definitive cute "catgitl" figure).

Sincerely,

Bill

Joy you say, then I must be the happiest man alive(or I need some serious help). I just did a little census of my render folder and counted somewhere around 130-140 OC's made with Aiko3(ok so like 7 of them were Hiro3), 20 of which I created this year!?? Where the crap did they all come from? devillaugh

Post edited by Ethin on
    edited December 2023

Well that revelation was a thread killer.

Here have a cutie!

PetiteAsianAttendant 02.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 633K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited April 2020
    Ethin said:

Well that revelation was a thread killer.

Here have a cutie!

She is a cutie. :) If you need any poses for Aiko 3, I think the PoserDazFreebies wiki has some. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    She is a cutie. :) If you need any poses for Aiko 3, I think the PoserDazFreebies wiki has some. 

Thanks!

I'm good on poses. It would be nice if you could downloaded inspiration.

I can throw together a new character like her in just a few hour, but comeing up with something to do with them can take me weeks or years, and then when I do think of something, quite often its beyound my knowledge, skill, content or hardware. I'm sure everyone deals with that now and then.

edited April 2020
    Ethin said:

Thanks!

I'm good on poses. It would be nice if you could downloaded inspiration.

I can throw together a new character like her in just a few hour, but comeing up with something to do with them can take me weeks or years, and then when I do think of something, quite often its beyound my knowledge, skill, content or hardware. I'm sure everyone deals with that now and then.

Funnily enough, I'm the other way round. No good at character creation, but I can throw together a scene with others charas (usually).

Well, she looks like cabin crew. Feel free to use my 'Flight to the Aiko Homeworld' idea. I'm sure someone with more Aiko gear and sci-fi items could do a more elaborate job.

I got the idea lisitening to Boney M, Nightflight to Venus

edited April 2020

A little Aiko and Hiros domestic now.

Someoner thinks the argument's over, but Aiko is about to deliver a last counter.

3Delight, AoA Advanced lights, linear point lights and Reflective Radiance missive.

aikos_counterarguement.jpg
    1100 x 880 - 974K
  • artofallanartofallan Posts: 2

Divamakeup pointed me towards this thread.

I really enjoy using the A3 base for stylized renders (creating lighting reference for my own art),
    and definitely walked down the path of hoping it'd be brought into the newer Genesis models as shapes or morphs.

But for now, I'm really enjoying what I picked up :^D

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

The legacy shape of A3 is avaialble (among others) for G1. Can't use the maps, but the shape transferes over reasonably well. GenX is able to transfer character morphs which had been made for the A3 shape over to G1 as well. Later versions of GenX2 may be able to move them further. Up to G3 I am pretty sure. I'm not sure, but check legacy shapes in the store. There may have also been a morph pack which made the A3shape available for G2F as well.

In any case, it would take rather a lot of work and add-ons, but one could use GenX2 to port the shape from G1 to G3F, and then try Zev0's character transfer (or Riversoft Art's) to get it from G3 to G8.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571

..yes GenX2 can transfer shapes and morphs to G3.  I use it a fair amount when building custom characters.

• Nice thread!
    I have an Aiko 3 render from 2018 here: https://twitter.com/LevithorArts/status/1267332399462899712

edited September 2021

Some goblin characters I'm working on.

Adventurer/Scout: Rosh Bark Scrambler

Village Militia Member: Blush Battle Rush

Priestess: Gliss Pale Shadow

Grub Herder: Gleam Stone Glow

Random Citizen 01: Jlink Dusk Sky

Random Citizen 02: "John Doe"

Post edited by Ethin on

Oh my goodness, So Cute @Ethin !

I think Blush Battle Rush and Gleam Stone Glow are my favorites. :) They're the cutest AND they have fun names.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! Cuteness overload!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571

...crikey have to get another Cute-O-Meter again.  This is getting expensive. At least it didn't set off the smoke alarm when it overloaded.

edited June 2020
    kyoto kid said:

...crikey have to get another Cute-O-Meter again.  This is getting expensive. At least it didn't set off the smoke alarm when it overloaded.

LOL!

Another render for the Poserdazfreebies Wiki ...

A3BlackMoon.png
    738 x 960 - 281K
    Post edited by Kerya on
    edited June 2020

Thanks all. I think I've done so much cute it's become the norm so I keep uping the ante more and more...

"and I did it with out a single drop of MLP... Rum, I ment Rum!!"

Post edited by Ethin on
    edited June 2020
    Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

LOL!

Oh that's a cool. What outfit is that?

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited June 2020
    Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

LOL!

Sione's BlackMoon bottom of the page.

Post edited by Ethin on
    Ethin said:
    Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

LOL!

Excellent, thank you! Does anyone know if those outfits are able to used in commercial renders?

Ethin said:
    Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

LOL!

Excellent, thank you! Does anyone know if those outfits are able to used in commercial renders?

From the Readme: "Please use only non-commercial freely."

Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

LOL!

yes

edited June 2020
    Kerya said:
    Ethin said:
    Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

LOL!

From the Readme: "Please use only non-commercial freely."

Oh that's a bummer, I was hoping to use the outfit in my comic. :(

Thank you for the info.

Post edited by 3Diva on

So over the years I've had people suggest that I should sell my characters, and recently I've gotten the notion to try making some Aiko characters as freebies or perhaps even for sale(long shot, what site would even take them?).

Seeing how this is the "official" all things Aiko thread on this site what better place to gauge how much interest there might be for something like that^, and perhaps enlist some help.

I would think that so long as the necessary base is still available for sale (which I am pretty sure it is), there would certainly be no bar to making add-on characters to be sold commercially. But like you say, how many market sites are accepting new product based on gen3 characters. 

Freebies would probably be welcomed. There are a lot of people who still love and use A3 and H3. It's a niche, but it's not an empty one.

edited June 2020
    Ethin said:

So over the years I've had people suggest that I should sell my characters, and recently I've gotten the notion to try making some Aiko characters as freebies or perhaps even for sale(long shot, what site would even take them?).

Seeing how this is the "official" all things Aiko thread on this site what better place to gauge how much interest there might be for something like that^, and perhaps enlist some help.

There's still a (relatively) small but loyal following for Gen3 (particularly Aiko 3). You could try your hand at selling a couple over at ShareCG. I'm 100% sure Daz3D won't take them (as I don't even think you'd be able to sell even a Genesis 3 only product here - they tend to focus on the latest generation, which is totally understandable), Rendo probably won't accept Gen 3 characters either, but as far as I can tell ShareCG isn't selective about what generation a figure is and I've seen a few kind of "different"/unique products there. I don't know how well they'd sell but you can test it out. If they don't sell well then freebies are always an option (and always very welcome). :)

Edit - With how cute your characters are it's a real shame they're not Genesis 8, as I think with characters that are that cute you could probably submit them to Daz3D and might even be accepted as a PA if they were Genesis 8. I think cute fantasy characters are usually pretty welcome. :) 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited June 2020

Yeah, Gen 8 is definitely where the money is, though that would be quite the investment in both time and money and on top of that is Gen9's impending release. It took me 15 years to get where I am with Aiko3.

It would be interesting to see what I could do with Gen 8.

---------

Was playing around with age progression and Mulberry a year ago.

MulberryS 04.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited June 2020

Mulberry was a cute one. But then, they were pretty much *all* cute ones.

Good job with the age progression.

Post edited by JOdel on